Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Well, Trump lives in the ultimate glass house. And he throws approximately 100 stones a day. And each stone is recorded for internet eternity.

Trump thinks that Twitter is his ultimate weapon. When in reality it is his greatest weakness.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."
    Sadly you think fools that voted for him, will somehow not be fools again? His twitter shit changes nothing, he was in TV for decades before his presidency and was a fool his entire campaign. His base are the same morons, and unless you all mobilize and actually vote him out in swing states, twitter did fuck all against him.

This won't get the attention that other news items get, but to me this is the kind of change that needs to happen, and... and... IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ow/ar-BB15sOkL

Title: Opinion: COVID-19 won't change football long-term, but the fight against racism is, right now

Excerpts:

Already, as campuses have opened their facilities for workouts, some players are testing positive for COVID-19, including at Alabama, Mississippi State, Florida and Houston, where all workout activities were suspended late last week when six athletes tested positive.
    A side comment is that college football may get cancelled if too many players have the virus. It already is affecting practice sessions.

But the meat of the article revolves around the following excerpts:

You could see that two weeks ago when a Florida State defensive lineman, Marvin Wilson, tweeted that new coach Mike Norvell had lied about talking with every player on the team about George Floyd and the protests that began after he was killed by a Minneapolis policeman.

Not only did Wilson dispute the words of his coach, but the future NFL draft pick declared that he and his teammates would cease workouts until a team meeting could be held to address Norvell’s false statement.

It worked. The team got together. Players spoke from the heart. The coach apologized.
    That pattern played out similarly at Iowa, after several dozen former and current Hawkeyes — most of them African-American — took to Twitter to expose unjust experiences and accuse strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle of racial insensitivity.

Within 24 hours, Doyle was put on administrative leave. Within a week, head coach Kirk Ferentz was standing at a podium on a practice field in Iowa City with a few of his Black players, addressing the issue in front of reporters.
    The coaching staff canceled workouts to concentrate on meeting and talking about the day-to-day insensitivities they saw. Several players said the gatherings changed the entire feeling inside the program.
    WOW. Sensitivity training taken seriously !!!

This is what cultural change looks like. We need a lot more of it.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-06-15 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That being said, I wish the Twittersphere would stop GIVING A SHIT about stupid things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I legitimately don't care about Trump's ramp issues
    Sounds like the person you have issue with, is Trump. He seems to think it's important.

Oh...and don't worry about stuff slipping past. I can multitask. For example, Trump has a "loyalty enforcer" who's shoving people like Esper around. He's the guy appointing college children to administration jobs, if you're wondering.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is relevant since Trump makes it relevant in his previous attacks against other people

If the Trump name ever heralded from a Saint, it would be the Patron Saint of Own Goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pretty much. In 2016 I was terrified that polling would depress the vote against Trump. This year it’s far worse as we will likely still have Covid circulating. People need to understand that the only way to defeat this administration is to show up at the polls. If you’re against gassing peaceful civilians, caging children, calling white supremacists very fine people, or even just neurologically impaired individuals having their finger on the nuclear trigger get out and vote. Look where we are now and ask what four more years will do to this nation.
    Exactly. All of these protests are good and all, but the only effort that will matter in the long run is that effort that has legislative repercussions... like getting Trump out of the white house.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ok... which has nothing to do with the issue I was raising. That any competent cabinet would 25th those people instead of propping them up. Hiding a physical issue isn’t the same as hiding one the impairs your cognitive capacity.
    Yet, no one used the 25th for Reagan and I would say his cabinet was filled with competent people that propped up an old man with clear signs of at least dementia. Ain't no cabinet going to do that unless it's obvious he poses a danger to country, except for Trumos case, which he has clearly done damage to this nation while his cabinet and the GOP has sat on their hands.

So, long story short I've been in the hospital with a broken femur since late Friday night. I'm sure you don't need my updates by now, but I'll pick them back up soonish anyway because this TRUMP SHITSHOW is full of things we should never forget.

In a WTF are you doing US Senator moment.

Listen Hellboy. You talk good game when you’ve got Hollywood makeup & stuntmen. But I’ll bet $10k—to the nonpolitical charity of your choice—that you couldn’t last 5 min in the wrestling ring w/ @Jim_Jordan w/o getting pinned. You up for it? Or does your publicist say too risky?
    https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1...327837193?s=19

So this is a tweet to Ron Perlman, an actor and best known for the movie Hellboy being challenged by a U.S Senator. The best part of course is he wants someone else to wrestle/fight?

What a tool and wussy.

Oh we are not done. Here is brown shirt and Congressman, Matt Gaetz.

This racial justice warrior had no problem in Hollywood portraying the White Supremacist leader of a motorcycle gang. #SOA
    https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...088569345?s=19

I don't know too much about acting, but people tend to play many characters. Even Gaetz thinking he is next level that some SJW (his words) should only play angelic roles.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but apparently Mary Trump, the niece of the resident is going to release a tell-all book this summer outlining the details about her uncle's tax returns and additional information about how the resident and his other siblings basically screwed over their deceased's brother's children.

Donald Trump’s niece, his deceased brother’s daughter, is set to publish a tell-all book this summer that will detail “harrowing and salacious” stories about the president, according to people with knowledge of the project.

Mary Trump, 55, the daughter of Fred Trump Jr. and eldest grandchild of Fred Trump Sr., is scheduled to release Too Much And Never Enough on Aug. 11, just weeks before the Republican National Convention.

One of the most explosive revelations Mary will detail in the book, according to people familiar with the matter, is how she played a critical role helping The New York Times print startling revelations about Trump’s taxes, including how he was involved in “fraudulent” tax schemes and had received more than $400 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire.

As she is set to outline in her book, Mary was a primary source for the paper's Pulitzer Prize-winning investigation, supplying Fred Trump Sr.’s tax returns and other highly confidential family financial documentation to the paper.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/mary-t...papers-to-nyt/
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

I don't know too much about acting, but people tend to play many characters. Even Gaetz thinking he is next level that some SJW (his words) should only play angelic roles.
    Well...Republicans seem to have a hard time distinguishing fantasy from reality, so I guess this makes sense?

It is a bit funny how celebrities get under their skin this much, coming from the people always going on about how "LOLOL WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT CELEBRITIES THINK?!!!" whenever a dirty leftist agrees with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    In a WTF are you doing US Senator moment.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1...327837193?s=19

So this is a tweet to Ron Perlman, an actor and best known for the movie Hellboy being challenged by a U.S Senator. The best part of course is he wants someone else to wrestle/fight?

What a tool and wussy.

Oh we are not done. Here is brown shirt and Congressman, Matt Gaetz.

That's honestly sadder than Uwe Boll challenging people to boxing matches for bad reviews. "I can't kick your ass, but maybe this person can!"

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but apparently Mary Trump, the niece of the resident is going to release a tell-all book this summer outlining the details about her uncle's tax returns and additional information about how the resident and his other siblings basically screwed over their deceased's brother's children.

Oh this should be fun, can't wait to see the tantrums over this.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    White House Adviser: No ‘Transparency’ Promise Ever Made Over Billions In Loans

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/larry...b6efec77585b4c

Mnuchin in March promised that the administration would “have full transparency on anything we do. We will be reporting to the public.” But on Wednesday, he told the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship that information is now considered “confidential.”
    Several Democratic legislators have sounded the alarm on the potential for corruption amid reports that several large companies — including some belonging to wealthy Trump campaign donors — received tens of millions of dollars in loans earmarked for small businesses.

The Trump administration’s lack of transparency undermines years of precedent established by similar loan programs. The Small Business Administration normally discloses the names of borrowers benefiting from the program on which the PPP is based, according to The Washington Post.

The Paycheck Protection Program has largely benefited companies with close ties to banks while neglecting businesses without those relationships. Ethnic minorities own a disproportionately high percentage of such businesses.

In May, Trump removed the inspector general responsible for overseeing the $2 trillion in coronavirus relief funds, including the PPP program.
    I need a Trump supporter to remind me that Trump declined getting a presidential salary. I don’t know... if it makes them feel better as this shit continues to happen, maybe they can convince me to do the same...

Edit: First day of furlough! Don’t worry, thanks to Torchlight 3 early access (it’s “fine”) and getting a ESO Plus subscription (it’s very good) and the new POE league on Friday... ya’ll are safe... My posting shouldn’t increase...

- - - Updated - - -

Since Trump is not letting up on attacking NFL, it’s looking more and more like a big loss for Trump:

Drew Rosenhaus: Colin Kaepernick should get signed
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ld-get-signed/

“I think [Kaepernick] should get signed,” Rosenhaus told Christian Red of NBCNews.com. “I think he will get signed. It’s really important for the NFL to give him a chance. That would be great for the league at this juncture. I think it would reflect very well on everything that Kaepernick has stood up for over the last several years. He was really ahead of his time with a lot of the things he was saying. If you play many of his interviews years ago, they’re spot on today.”

Indeed they are. Consider these quotes from August 2016, the same month Kaepernick first began protesting during the anthem.

“There is police brutality,” Kaepernick said. “People of color have been targeted by police. So that’s a large part of it. And they’re government officials. They’re put in place by the government so that’s something that this country has to change. There’s things we can do to hold them more accountable, make those standards higher.

“You have people that practice law and our lawyers and go to school for eight years, but you can become a cop in six months and don’t have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist. That’s insane. Someone that’s holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us.”
    With some people threatening to boycott NASCAR, it’s getting new fans as well:

NASCAR has new fan in Alvin Kamara, who shows support for Bubba Wallace
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bubba-wallace/

Alvin Kamara knew little about NASCAR before Wednesday, but as soon as NASCAR announced its decision to ban the Confederate flag, the Saints running back tweeted his approval.

“When the next race?” Kamara tweeted.

An hour later, Kamara live tweeted the Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief. Four days later, at the invitation of NASCAR, Kamara attended his first race.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-15 at 01:02 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post

Haha, the whole family are a bunch of grifters. Who is actually reading all these "Salacious Tell-Alls"? Every single one of them is full of VERY dubious accuracy, and their main point seems to be to make a lot of cash while pissing off Donny, and providing people who already hate Trump with some hate reading.

I mean I have no doubt that Trump treated his extended family like shit, that is very well known. But these books are just dumb, who knows the details of their uncles Tax Returns? Especially if he cut her and her family out of the money, how would she get that information. I am going to chalk this one up to Trumps gonna Trump, and grab some popcorn for the Trump on Trump poo flinging contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Haha, the whole family are a bunch of grifters. Who is actually reading all these "Salacious Tell-Alls"? Every single one of them is full of VERY dubious accuracy, and their main point seems to be to make a lot of cash while pissing off Donny, and providing people who already hate Trump with some hate reading.

I mean I have no doubt that Trump treated his extended family like shit, that is very well known. But these books are just dumb, who knows the details of their uncles Tax Returns? Especially if he cut her and her family out of the money, how would she get that information. I am going to chalk this one up to Trumps gonna Trump, and grab some popcorn for the Trump on Trump poo flinging contest.
    It’s through their father’s assets, which they know, because they were revealed during inheritance distribution. Her book is said to be about the Donald ripping off his late brothers family. The way it was phrased in the article, if I had to guess... part of the way Trump ripped them off, is by claiming he was broke and showing his tax written off losses, as an indication. This would make sense, if the finances after his father’s death were supposed to be split in a way, that gives more money to his broke kid’s families.

If I remember correctly, the taxes revealed by NYT, which she claims to be the source, showed Trump paying 0 in taxes, due to his business losses. If those were the only Trump taxes revealed, the question would be... How did claiming 0 taxes due to losses, help Donald in inheritance claims? The above is the only way I can think of...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    So, long story short I've been in the hospital with a broken femur since late Friday night. I'm sure you don't need my updates by now, but I'll pick them back up soonish anyway because this TRUMP SHITSHOW is full of things we should never forget.
    I got you.

::clears throat::

Fuck Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    Federal civil rights law protects gay, lesbian and transgender workers, the Supreme Court ruled Monday.

The landmark ruling will extend protections to millions of workers nationwide and is a defeat for the Trump administration, which argued that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act that bars discrimination based on sex did not extend to claims of gender identity and sexual orientation.

The 6-3 opinion was written by Justice Neil Gorsuch and joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and the court's four liberal justices.

"An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids," Gorsuch wrote.
    Apparently this also includes transgender. Trump hit a snag in his attempt to roll back civil rights for the 7,100,000.5 people (the number CNN cited plus the coin-flip of Lindsey Graham).

Recover quickly @Benggaul

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And in some surprisingly good news, Trump and his racist bullshit gets fucked again by the Supreme Court:

SCOTUS rules that LGBTQ community is protected against discrimination based on their sex or gender identity. Ruling was 6-3.

For those not keeping up with all of Trump fucking bullshit, his "administration" just started to roll back Obama protections for that community. And SCOTUS' ruling, which is awesome but more than likely unintentional timing, essentially says "get fucked", although that is not a legal term of art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Federal civil rights law protects gay, lesbian and transgender workers, the Supreme Court ruled Monday.

Apparently this also includes transgender. Trump hit a snag in his attempt to roll back civil rights for the 7,100,000.5 people (the number CNN cited plus the coin-flip of Lindsey Graham).

Recover quickly @Benggaul
    And on Pride Month too, no less. Thank you raptor Jesus or whichever ghost of christmas past visited Gorsuch and Roberts last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    And on Pride Month too, no less. Thank you raptor Jesus or whichever ghost of christmas past visited Gorsuch and Roberts last night.
    And Gorsuch wrote the opinion. Some of the takeaway quotes are amazing:

“An individual’s homosexuality or transgender status is not relevant to employment decisions,” Gorsuch wrote. “That’s because it is impossible to discriminate against a person for being homosexual or transgender without discriminating against that individual based on sex.”
    and...

“We agree that homosexuality and transgender status are distinct concepts from sex,” he added later. “But, as we’ve seen, discrimination based on homosexuality or transgender status necessarily entails discrimination based on sex; the first cannot happen without the second.”
    The ruling fundamentally joins sex and gender into any consideration for employment. Which should smoothly translate into similar/same rulings for considerations of healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And in some surprisingly good news, Trump and his racist bullshit gets fucked again by the Supreme Court:
    Add to the pile.

Last year, the Ninth Circuit held up California's right for sanctuary laws.

Trump appealed to the Supreme Court.

Minutes ago, they said they weren't interested in hearing it. California's (and by proxy other states') sanctuary laws remain in place.