Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No... I disagree with you. This is not us vs them, you are simply wrong... wtf? When did you, as an individual, become beyond reproach?

Politicians who have nothing to help society, scaring stupid people. That’s what nationalism is...

Us vs them is created by people who want to take advantage of us. I don’t fucking care what the call it... it’s a disorder...

No... it’s an evolutionary trait... you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Humans are not evolved to fight each other...
    You are trying to talk yourself into being beyond reproach on how you divide people.

Basically those in power staying in power by using the human inclination to divide people. It isn't a disorder, it is a natural tendency.

That is pretty much what I said about puppies. I know you may not like to accept it, but human-on-human group violence is one constant throughout human history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    That is pretty much what I said about puppies. I know you may not like to accept it, but human-on-human group violence is one constant throughout human history.
    Ignoring, of course the long, long development of human ethical, social, and political systems over time leading to a net decline in the level of violence presence in the species.

The "death drive" crap is, again, crap made up by strongmen to justify lording over others because 'if you don't let me oppress you then anarchy will oppress you worse'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You are trying to talk yourself into being beyond reproach on how you divide people.
    What? This doesn’t make any sense... I don’t think you know what the words you are using mean. You can’t be talking your self into being beyond reproach. That’s an oxymoron... if you are talking your self into something, that something cannot be faultless. WTF?

Basically those in power staying in power by using the human inclination to divide people. It isn't a disorder, it is a natural tendency.
    You literally said it was a disorder... I agreed with you, when you called it an antisocial personality disorder. It’s what ever suits your argument?

If the division was natural, Trump wouldn’t be spending so much time and money on dividing. How can you claim something is expected, when looking at how much political ads cost? Because it costs money to convince people to fear or hate those politicians want?

... and? This doesn’t prove your point... you need to prove that it’s inherent to innate “us vs them” and not individuals suffering from a disorder, or using people to meet their needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Ignoring, of course the long, long development of human ethical, social, and political systems over time leading to a net decline in the level of violence presence in the species.

The "death drive" crap is, again, crap made up by strongmen to justify lording over others because 'if you don't let me oppress you then anarchy will oppress you worse'.
    They are trying to have the few leading us into war, as a representation of the whole.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    What? This doesn’t make any sense... I don’t think you know what the words you are using mean. You can’t be talking your self into being beyond reproach. That’s an oxymoron... if you are talking your self into something, that something cannot be faultless. WTF?

You literally said it was a disorder... I agreed with you, when you called it an antisocial personality disorder. It’s what ever suits your argument?

If the division was natural, Trump wouldn’t be spending so much time and money on dividing. How can you claim something is expected, when looking at how much political ads cost? Because it costs money to convince people to fear or hate those politicians want?

... and? This doesn’t prove your point... you need to prove that it’s inherent to innate “us vs them” and not individuals suffering from a disorder, or using people to meet their needs.

- - - Updated - - -

They are trying to have the few leading us into war, as a representation of the whole.
    Unless you are trying to convince yourself you are faultless....

No, I did not say it was a disorder, as its not being anti-social, just selectively social.

Its not like Trump is acting in a vacuum. If there was no opposition to him he would not need much effort to push his agenda.

Per Dr. Wendy Jones in Psychology Today: " Expose someone to an image of another person for fifty milliseconds (not enough time for conscious processing), and the viewer’s amygdala, a brain area involved in fear and aggression, will activate for other races/ethnicities. The fusiform face area, involved in facial recognition, will activate only for those of their own kind." (Emphasis mine.) So yes, it is biologically based, and is something that has to be intentionally overcome by conscious thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the hell is this thread?

Obama can't serve a third term. Nor do I believe he'd want to.

If you're pining for an Obama-esque third term, his vice president that's currently running would probably be the closest thing to it.

If you're attempting to sew division by presenting a false choice and divisive narrative to try and dissuade voters who dislike Trump from voting, then... get the hell out of here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Wasn't Raegan the best president?

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Wasn't Raegan the best president?
    If you interpret "best" as causing the most long term damage to America, then yes, though given a few decades to see things play out Trump might take that title from him.

Don’t forget pandemic response team, millions having healthcare through ACA, Wallstreet reform, Police reform, tax deductibles and LGBTQ rights... if Obama didn’t do much, you’d have nothing to celebrate Trump revoking.
    Legalizing same sex marriages, drone strikes on American citizens without due process, giving guns to drug lords to kill a federal agent, letting unchecked IRS target opposition parties, misleading Ferguson issue, putting immigrant children in cages, confidence in media and government hit an all time low...now it's even lower.

let's look at his financial decisions:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...policies-were/
    Obama’s administration let big-bank executives off the hook for their roles in the crisis. Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) referred criminal cases to the Justice Department and was ignored. Whistleblowers from the government and from large banks noted a lack of appetite among prosecutors. In 2012, then-Attorney General Eric Holder ordered prosecutors not to go after mega-bank HSBC for money laundering. Using prosecutorial discretion to not take bank executives to task, while legal, was neither moral nor politically wise; in a 2013 poll, more than half of Americans still said they wanted the bankers behind the crisis punished. But the Obama administration failed to act, and this pattern seems to be continuing. No one, for instance, from Wells Fargo has been indicted for mass fraud in opening fake accounts.
    Obama enabled and encouraged roughly 9 million foreclosures. This was Geithner’s explicit policy at Treasury. The Obama administration put together a foreclosure program that it marketed as a way to help homeowners, but when Elizabeth Warren, then chairman of the Congressional Oversight Panel, grilled Geithner on why the program wasn’t stopping foreclosures, he said that really wasn’t the point. The program, in his view, was working. “We estimate that they can handle 10 million foreclosures, over time,” Geithner said — referring to the banks. “This program will help foam the runway for them.” For Geithner, the most productive economic policy was to get banks back to business as usual.

Nor did Obama do much about monopolies. While his administration engaged in a few mild challenges toward the end of his term, 2015 saw a record wave of mergers and acquisitions, and 2016 was another busy year. In nearly every sector of the economy, from pharmaceuticals to telecom to Internet platforms to airlines, power has concentrated. And this administration, like George W. Bush’s before it, did not prosecute a single significant monopoly under Section 2 of the Sherman Act. Instead, in the past few years, the Federal Trade Commission has gone after such villains as music teachers and ice skating instructors for ostensible anti-competitive behavior. This is very much a parallel of the financial crisis, as elites operate without legal constraints while the rest of us toil under an excess of bureaucracy.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-15 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Legalizing same sex marriages
    This is listed as a bad thing, huh?

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No, he wasnt good in his second term and thinking of trump for 3 terms will make most people dislike it anyway, and thats way more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legalizing same sex marriages
    You seem to have put "legalized same-sex marriages" in a list with violence, theft and death. You're not actually comparing same-sex marriage with violence, theft and death, are you? Because that sounds like hate speech. You're not spreading hate speech on these forums, are you?

I also see you're pushing the myth that Obama told the IRS to go after the Republican Party. What you would have said, if you were being honest, is "the IRS caught political groups filing for tax status as if they weren't political groups". Why don't you re-read IRS Code 501 about political groups filing for nonprofits, ask Trump why he decided not to investigate the matter, and explain why you compared same-sex marriage to violence, theft, and death?

letting unchecked IRS target opposition parties
    Trey Howdy spent years and millions of dollars investigating this and found nothing yet right wing nut jobs still float this as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trey Howdy spent years and millions of dollars investigating this and found nothing yet right wing nut jobs still float this as fact.
    What I'm waiting for, is when some member of the rabid fanbase says "Obama's DoJ investigated and found nothing, that's so corrupt!"

Because boy, do we have three and a half years of "You sure you want to go with that?" waiting.

Obama was never a good guy. Decent yes, good not really. He boomed and deported and before he got elected didnt defend gay rights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Buuuut at the same time Obama would make a beastly VP choice.
    Technically it is legal for a 2x president to be elected as a vp, but it is entirely without precedent so far.
    I'm not sure that would survive a legal challenge. I'm not sure the Interpretation of the 22nd amendment would allow for a 2 term president to serve in any post that is in succession to the line of the presidency.

Because...if nothing else...what would prevent Biden from getting elected with Obama as a VP, resign, and let Obama serve a third term?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm not sure that would survive a legal challenge. I'm not sure the Interpretation of the 22nd amendment would allow for a 2 term president to serve in any post that is in succession to the line of the presidency.

Because...if nothing else...what would prevent Biden from getting elected with Obama as a VP, resign, and let Obama serve a third term?
    I mean, if the bullshit with Georgia's judiciary that effectively allows for elections being canceled forever and the position being appointed for all time survived a legal challenge...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I mean, if the bullshit with Georgia's judiciary that effectively allows for elections being canceled forever and the position being appointed for all time survived a legal challenge...
    *shrug* I didn't say it's a 100% guaranteed thing either way...but it's in the constitution and it would be hard to justify a scenario that would get past to effectively circumvent the constitution. The only other outcome would be that Obama ascending to the presidency would violate the 22nd so the line would skip to speak of the house.

Again, it's all unprecedented so who knows -- and it's all irrelevant anyway because there is zero chance Obama would want to be president again.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legalizing same sex marriages, drone strikes on American citizens without due process, giving guns to drug lords to kill a federal agent, letting unchecked IRS target opposition parties, misleading Ferguson issue, putting immigrant children in cages, confidence in media and government hit an all time low...now it's even lower.

let's look at his financial decisions:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...policies-were/

[Infraction]

How is this any worse than police killing citizens in the street without due process?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How is this any worse than police killing citizens in the street without due process?
    Look, it's very simple. If the police think you might be even vaguely a threat, they're allowed to kill you no questions asked. But if a Democrat knows that you've joined a foreign organization of militants who have declared themselves the enemies of the United States, he needs to have you extradited, arrested, and formally charged so you can sit in court before you are punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Look, it's very simple. If the police think you might be even vaguely a threat, they're allowed to kill you no questions asked. But if a Democrat knows that you've joined a foreign organization of militants who have declared themselves the enemies of the United States, he needs to have you extradited, arrested, and formally charged so you can sit in court before you are punished.
    Seems Obama preffered the method of just bombing weddings and killing dozens of innocents.