Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Ninja has the highest APM in the game, and DRK a close second. Both upwards of 80-90 APM if played right. So yeah, it is MUCH worse than WoW in that regard. And if you aren't hitting those thresholds, then you won't be doing good dps for that class, and people will notice.
    I honestly doubt that they doubled in APM since two months ago, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.

EDIT: Yeah, looking at fflogs and barely anyone is above 40 CPM in the top kills, where do you get 80-90 from?
    Last edited by lollerlaban; 2020-06-16 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    EDIT: Yeah, looking at fflogs and barely anyone is above 40 CPM in the top kills, where do you get 80-90 from?
    Dude counts pressing button 5-6 times while it's on GCD as actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    but now at 54 I am like WTF is this shit. I can't do these rotations without hand cramps, and yes I want simplistic. I heard "red mage is really simple" and thought phew, there's a class I can play. But NOPE, you still have 25 buttons to press... Jesus Christ.
    So RDM at 54 has 25 buttons huh. Use Jolt into Verthunder/aero to build black and white mana, use Verfire/stone on procs. Once full on mana Corps-a-Corps to get on melee range and do the 1-2-3 combo before using Displacement to start over again. That's the simplest way of doing it. RDM at that level is probably the closest you get to WoW, with a simple rotation of a few buttons. The AoE rotation is even simpler and that's what you'll be doing most of the time.

If you wanted to complain about "bloat" you should have just done that, a bunch of people would have agreed with you. By going into detail you kind of gave away this isn't a real thread and just another WoW vs FF whinefest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I can kinda understand why its so casual compared to WoW, FF14 used to be a niche game for a long time. So the amount of players taking it seriously was probably rly tiny.

But these days with it becoming a mainstream MMO they really need to step it up and start taking end-game seriously.
    Why would or should they if the playerbase isn't there for that and doesn't take it that serious either? Not every MMO needs to be a raid-or-die game. FF has carved it's own little spot in the market by doing its own thing instead of directly competing with WoW, there's no reason why it should change completely now.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post

Why would or should they if the playerbase isn't there for that and doesn't take it that serious either? Not every MMO needs to be a raid-or-die game. FF has carved it's own little spot in the market by doing its own thing instead of directly competing with WoW, there's no reason why it should change completely now.
    No one said it should be what a boring accusation.

I'm saying that should absolutely dedicate more resources to their end-game, especially now that the game has a spotlight on it. This doesn't have to be purely through raiding. Things like cleaning up classes, adding more servers(they have none on the east coast), making their own variant of M+, etc.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I'm saying that should absolutely dedicate more resources to their end-game, especially now that the game has a spotlight on it. This doesn't have to be purely through raiding. Things like cleaning up classes, adding more servers(they have none on the east coast), making their own variant of M+, etc.
    m+ was a huge mistake in WoW and would be one in ffxiv as well.
    the 3 things i hope ffxiv never does:
    Remove flying at max level (i.e by gathering the floaty boys)
    Titanforging of any kind
    M+

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    mhm and ive killed all of wows end tier mythic bosses blind folded only using my elbows. alex ult is harder then any current mythic fight less final bosses (nzoth) where i give wow the edge.
    I agree there, WoW has more bosses but ill say FFXIV doesnt force you to play the game every day or an entire tier so i am free to play other things(including wow if i wanted to but lol bfa). A lot of wow raid difficulties comes from raid size and gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me FF14 feels too slow. Or perhaps is just he classes I've played. Almost like turn based wow, lol.

My initial comment was for FF15 if anyone was wondering. I confused the two games.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-06-16 at 05:01 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

This is why i will never try final tanatasy either, Dono why they thought that ability bloat would make good gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

m+ was a huge mistake in WoW and would be one in ffxiv as well.
    the 3 things i hope ffxiv never does:
    Remove flying at max level (i.e by gathering the floaty boys)
    Titanforging of any kind
    M+
    and here i thought M+ was considered one of the best things blizz has done.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    This is why i will never try final tanatasy either, Dono why they thought that ability bloat would make good gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

and here i thought M+ was considered one of the best things blizz has done.
    everyone has their own opinions mine is that m+ was one of the worst things ever put into wow.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.

Sorry if I misunderstood you then, it just seems a lot of people just want this game to turn into WoW2 lately and your reply given the context of the people you were replying to, discussing parses, sure made it seem like that's what you wanted.

I agree with what you are saying now though. More end-game stuff to do outside raids would be nice and in line with the type of content they usually add that ShB seems to be neglecting for some reason. Like, WoW is making Torghast into what I've heard most vets expected deep dungeons to become in FF, meanwhile ShB isn't even getting a deep dungeon...
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

everyone has their own opinions mine is that m+ was one of the worst things ever put into wow.
    Why tho? isen't it fun that the dungeon can scale?

and we have enough gear and corruption currently any way ao at least 1-9 is faceroll and if Mythic raid geared then 10-15 is probably faceroll as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    Yes, most players can do a 80%+ log. But that's the good part of it, everyone can play it regardless of skills.

If you can show me your 90%+ logs on mythic nyalotha(for all bosses) I will eat my hat.
    ITT people who don't know how logs and percentages work but still make authorative claims about the game and its mechanics.

and we have enough gear and corruption currently any way ao at least 1-9 is faceroll and if Mythic raid geared then 10-15 is probably faceroll as well.
    Eh, dungeons get old quick and they push the mdi which leads to balancing around it.

Ot though, I play with a controller and it's really comfortable to hit whatever buttons I need

How in the hell did you get to level 30? It's that horrendous questing "experience" that turned me right away. What a god awful game. Overrated beyond belief, no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    How in the hell did you get to level 30? It's that horrendous questing "experience" that turned me right away. What a god awful game. Overrated beyond belief, no idea why.
    Can't imagine why anyone would care about the opinion of someone who plays 1/10th of a game
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

You're playing the entire expansion with the same gear. Depending which raid difficulty you do, the raid gear you get will always be terrible compared to what you can get from M+.

On top of that, the content is hardly challenging yet the community makes it severely harder than it needs to be. Bunch of overglorified LFR heroes populate the LFG tool for M+.

Not to mention you're just doing the same static content over and over and over again. If I wanted repetitive garbage I'd play BGs or arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh boy,look at dark souls,a very challenging game,but very simple combat system,extreme character comlexity ruins good encounter design,you cant have both and have it end up well

- - - Updated - - -

I see,that makes sense,i was hihgly doubting any devs out there would be so out of touch with reality that they would design a class around a constant flow of 25+ button mashing,but i have heard FF pve is a lot easier than wow's,thats proly a reason why
    At max level, where OP isn't even at yet Red Mage has 12 buttons for their single target rotation. While that sounds like a lot it flows easily if you actually know what you're doing.

Also guys, Dancer is the easiest class in the game. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Can't imagine why anyone would care about the opinion of someone who plays 1/10th of a game
    Sorry for hitting a nerve I guess. A games just not worth it if their welcome to you is a steaming pile of shit.

I actually had the opposite experience from that of the OP. Disciple of War jobs have, like, 3 or 4 buttons they use regularly while Disciple of Magic jobs have 1 or 2 spells they actually spam. Otherwise, it's pretty much all cooldowns, ranging from 30 seconds to 2+ minutes. Questing or doing duties ends up being an absolute slog where you barely use one-tenth of the abilities you have, and even in dungeons you tend to only manage 2 or 3 "full rotations" (cooldowns included) on a given boss or major trash pull. Which leaves endgame raids as being the only place you apparently get to use all of your toolkit to its fullest potential...but again, raids in FFXIV tend to be a much smaller part of the total game, especially when compared to certain other MMOs.

And that's not even mentioning the increased GCD, which makes the game feel clunky and unresponsive even when you do have stuff you could be doing in combat.

I tried for months to make it work for me, bouncing from all the different jobs to see if I could finally find something that would click, but to no avail. Which is a shame, because I absolutely adore pretty much everything else in FFXIV besides the combat (the story, world, characters, events, side activities, etc). That said, I will definitely admit that my dislike is very much a "me" problem: I don't think FFXIV would be quite as popular as it is if more people felt similarly to either myself or the OP. And I don't see SquareEnix changing what is a fundamental part of the game simply to please some outliers. So, I guess all I can do is shrug sadly and find something else to play, and give props to the folk who do actually enjoy (or at least tolerate) FFXIV's combat. You obviously posses far greater patience than I do.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

m+ was a huge mistake in WoW and would be one in ffxiv as well
    Lolwut? M+ was a great addition to the game that gave good 5 man content to do again. I loved the hell out of it last expansion and this expansion it wasn't as good mainly due to how corruption tainted it.