Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    The Jailer will be pretty much be like Azshara in BfA and Gul'dan in Legion. he might even be tier 9.1 boss and might be carried over to 9.2 if not the death God Muehzalah and a side boss of Hakkar.
    Sadly Hakkar and Mueh'Zala
    are both dungeon bosses

But this is Blizzard we're talking about, and they might decide to bring them back somehow, even if they're Jailer goonies
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

N'Zoth, on the last patch where we find out he just wanted to chill for a few years when we were fighting with ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Sadly Hakkar and Mueh'Zala
    are both dungeon bosses

But this is Blizzard we're talking about, and they might decide to bring them back somehow, even if they're Jailer goonies
    If anything, they might because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria The Corrupted, maybe, to introduce Rise of the Void Lords

What ?

Probably the Jailer who has escaped from The Maw.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a given that he will be part of the raid boss probably with the same treatment as Azshara.

I think it is a given that he will be part of the raid boss probably with the same treatment as Azshara.
    Sylvanas will have a similar role to Azshara. Top lieutenant (and arguably more popular character) of a jailed bad guy who escapes after we beat her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’s the Jailer.

They’ve said he’s the overarching villain of this expansion. They wanted to go back to having one after not doing so since... Cata, I guess?
    They also said Grom was the final boss of WoD, Sargeras the final of Legion, and the HvA conflict would be the finale of BfA. They love to do red herrings... Or they don't plan it out. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    They also said Grom was the final boss of WoD, Sargeras the final of Legion, and the HvA conflict would be the finale of BfA. They love to do red herrings... Or they don't plan it out. Lol
    I'd like to see quotes for the latter two. And AFAIK, the former was a joke, although it is possible it was planned that way when they said it. WoD saw some major theme shifts during development.

Sargeras wasn't ever considered a serious contender for the actual boss fight simply because of scale and power - a fight would have been either ludicrously one-sided, or absurdly underwhelming.

BfA being the finale of the conflict is believable, but i can't remember anything saying that the conflict would be the finale of BfA, and we knew there would be OG stuff long before it released.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Grom was legitimately a development problem. I don't remember them ever saying Sargeras was the final boss of Legion or HvA would be the end of BFA.

Here's how I see it:

Sylvanas is the Gul'dan of Shadowlands. She was manipulating events during BFA, and her vision has come true in Shadowlands. Literally the same thing happened with Gul'dan during WoD and Legion before we killed him. However, I don't think we're killing off Sylvanas. Rather, I think we're going to imprison her within Torghast, giving her eternal suffering in hell, which was what she feared the most and tried to avoid ever since the end of WoTLK. I think it would be peak irony to see that come true. Let's be honest, here.

The Jailer is the KJ of this expansion. The expansion centers around him, he caused most of these events to occur, but he's not the Final Boss. Note that Sargeras was the "final boss" of Legion. Argus was just the last raid encounter we faced prior to imprisoning the Dark Lord.

However, here, for 10.3: I think we're going to physically face the "Lord of Death" or face off against the "Pantheon of Death". Whatever happens, we'll face it. Blizzard has hinted towards the Jailer and Sylvanas serving something greater. And that "force" is the Final Boss of Shadowlands.

And no, it's not fucking Odyn. Jesus Christ, people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Alleria The Corrupted, maybe, to introduce Rise of the Void Lords

What ?
    That would definitely not be Final Boss worthy, considering we already faced that exact same thing during the whole Visions shit in 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, i don't expect him to show up at all. He didn't even show for N'zoth, and that'd be his direct responsibility.
    Tbf here, none of the Keepers (except Ra'den) showed up. And they're all free from Yogg'Saron's corruption. That's more of an issue towards gameplay, rather than lore, ngl. Lorewise, the Keepers won't even be needed, considering we have the Heart of Azeroth, as well as the Heart Chamber/Legendary Cloak on our side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

as the video suggests he at the present is considered dead dead unless they change something about the lore
    He's 110% dead. Legion heavily implies he ain't coming back. Hence why they also killed off KJ completely.

The keepers have a moral obligation to protect Azeroth. They were put in charge to prevent Azeroth from being eaten by the old gods locked inside.

The fact that they didn't even show up when it happened, excluding Ra-den who did his job, is a major lore screw up

10+ Year Old Account
    As the title implies I'm going to drop the bomb as early as now and say Odyn would be the ENDGAME boss for Shadowlands..
    We have killed or defeated:
    - Two Elemental Lords: Ragnaros and Al'akir
    - Three Dragon Aspects: Murozond, Malygos and Neltharion
    - Three Old God's: C'thus, Yogg-Saron and N'zoth
    - Two major demons: Kil'jaeden and Archimonde
    - Two Titans: Argus and Sargeras

Why on Azeroth do you think a Titan Watcher, which is much much weaker, would ever be a final boss?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    The keepers have a moral obligation to protect Azeroth. They were put in charge to prevent Azeroth from being eaten by the old gods locked inside.

The fact that they didn't even show up when it happened, excluding Ra-den who did his job, is a major lore screw up
    Moral? They have direct orders to do so. Though it could be argued that they also had other parts of Azeroth to look after and couldn't see any practical way to help, so they mostly stayed out of it.

Not to mention that some of them may not even have been aware of the scope of the situation. It's explicitly mentioned that the Heart chamber requires a security clearance even Ra-den did not possess to know about.

10+ Year Old Account
    All ya'll saying Odyn, you keep your damn mitts off my Order Hall Keeper.

Odyn is a cool character, because he has flaws.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2020-06-16 at 12:23 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

As the title implies I'm going to drop the bomb as early as now and say Odyn would be the ENDGAME boss for Shadowlands.
    Titan Keepers lost a bunch of their powers after they fought back the Elemental Lords and Old Gods.

fighting them now would be like fighting Ysera during Legion.

then again, this is Blizzard we are talking about so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    I'm pretty sure they didn't have their own mind during the Black Empire war but it was noted that they will have their own personality after a while.

this I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Titan Keepers lost a bunch of their powers after they fought back the Elemental Lords and Old Gods.

fighting them now would be like fighting Ysera during Legion.

then again, this is Blizzard we are talking about so...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure they didn't have their own mind during the Black Empire war but it was noted that they will have their own personality after a while.

this I agree.
    Nope not unless a Titan keeper learned to subjugate a Titan elder and harness his power. Imagine pantheon being killed ala Sargeras turning most of them into titan suso only to fully manipulate them into dark Pantheon but this time chained and shackled to the controller's will.

Remember Ra was the only Keeper who was away from Ulduar aside from Odyn? FYI Odyn left a note he's returning back to Ulduar after finally being freed from Valor Balls. perhaps he was the reason why the Keeper didn't responded at all.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-06-24 at 04:49 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think that The Jailer will be seen throughout the beginning of the expansion as the overarching villain but as we learn more about The Jailer and Obleron (which is what The Maw appears to have been called in the past) we'll find out that everything is not as it seems. I really do believe that The Jailer is the original ruler of The Shadowlands. The Arbiter very much seems like an automaton sent by the Titans to create order in an originally disordered plane of existence. We'll definitely be learning more when the expansion launches and as the patches come out.

Too add to this, I believe The Arbiter, or maybe even the Titans will be the final boss of the expansion.

Obligitory, "The friends we made along the way" post.

10+ Year Old Account
    The final boss of Shadowlands its obviously... Hogger.

We killed him in the Stockades and since then he has taken control of the underworld.