Poll: Night Fae playable

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    indeed the Alliance has a monopoly on the Emerald Dream, Elune, the Celestial Stars and Moon magic - it's too much. It's the only reason I as okay with the Nightborne going horde, the Night elves are too big for the alliance alone to partake in their world.

I don't mean to be mean or anything. but being alliance only is hurting you guys, because your race is rather epic, but if only one faction gets to enjoy.

They really should put the Nightborne to more use, and have them join the druids and the Priests as well. That Farodin fellow and the Val'sharah druids are pretty friendly with them, and they have Botanists too. Then there is the Cathedral of Eternal night, and we know they kinda fancy Tyrande, which is probably why her attitude stung so much.

This way, the horde will have access to those night elven themes, seeing that the Nightborne are the night elf sub-race afterall.. a bit of Elune and Emerald Dream druidsm, like Valewlkers would really help if both factions had a stake in your lore. I mean if the Kaldorei have the Highborne, why can't the Nightborne have Valewalker druids and Preistesses of Elune.
    Well, the Night elves have highborne - ofc, it's part of their lore, it doesn't mean the Nightborne are entitled to have druids or Moon Priestesses just cos they're night elven based, and because they are sub-race they don't need to have the whole spectrum of the night elves, Some might feel it is bad enough they have the arcane legacy of the Night elves, let alone give them more... but I agree with you.

I don't view the allied races as necessarily being locked to one thing or aspect of a core race or even having it exclusively at the expense of the core race. IF the Nightborne are a night elf off shoot, then they have value to the horde with Kaldorei like druidsm (in their own infelction of it) and Elunism too. Since blizzard love the horde so much, themes like Elune, the Emerald Dream, the Kaldroei civilization and culture may actually get a lot of updates and progression now that the horde is involved. They tend to ignore a lot of the alliance races in favour of Humans, but night elves often end up in novels and books, perhaps they feel guilty of showing more in game because they're only in one faction.

Maybe the Nightborne going horde could be a huge blessing in disguise for the night elves. Even though I personally hated it, it could actually drive night elf lore and development immensely. Already having Suramar gives us a good picture of how the Highborne and Moonguard night elves must live, future night elf cities would undoubtedly have that style and architecture.. and as the night elves are core race, it is likely to be driven from their end, but the Nightborne given a good share too because they are related and the horde have access to it via them. This is how it worked out in Naz'jatar - the ruins of Zin'Azshari had the horde able to partake with Thalyssra, which was far more appropriate than using a blood elf. And while I feel Jaina should have been replaced with Mordant Evenshade or even better Prince Farondis (it's the second time they've chosen a well known human over promoting the more appropriate Highborne character), I think it is already beginning to benefit the night elf group of elves a lot more.

Night elf lore is big and very interesting, and good, it's one of the most unique parts of the Warcraft races, and rally special, it really deserves to be one of the foremost and forefront races, and having them in both factions for now might help that cause immensely.

Tauren and the Darkspear druids, to a lesser extent, will always have a tentative connection with the Emerald Dream and druidism. It's baked into their classes lore.

However, Alliance races are MUCH more connected to the powers of nature: Night Elves and Worgen (Gilneans) as a RACE are integrally tied to druidism. Kul Tiran druids are too but not in the same way the others are, unless you want to argue that the Drust being Vrykul Druids means that all the half-giant Kul Tirans are connected somehow to druidism.

But the point still stands. Druidism is more integral to Alliance races than they are Horde. While Zandalari Dinomancy is connected to a wild god, Night Elves as a culture and Gilnean Worgen's very existence are based entirely off the practices of druidism and nature spirits.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2020-04-11 at 01:06 AM.

I don't think I'd main one, but I'd be interested in having an alt.
    I just hope if any Shadowlands race ever becomes playable, it won't be as recruits for the faction war. Because that's stupid enough with many of the mortal races.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I don't think I'd main one, but I'd be interested in having an alt.
    I just hope if any Shadowlands race ever becomes playable, it won't be as recruits for the faction war. Because that's stupid enough with many of the mortal races.
    I don't think there's ever going to be a serious faction war ever again, but Blizzard will keep races faction locked because they like making the factions distinct. And also because some races fit certain faction aesthetics better, but that's a lesser point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Based on empirical evidence, the chances of these becoming a playable race is pretty much zero. And while they can always change their minds, Blizz has already said there wouldn't be new races in Shadowlands - the focus is on customization for the original races that we already have.
    They never said this. Just not at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Also is the Winter Queen a Faun? I don't see any goat legs (or fur) and her face seems to be more human like as well. She also appears to have wings as well (or a cloak that looks like it, but I'm hoping for actual wings)

Edit: upon further inspection, it seems like she's using the female human skeleton, so she's a completely different race than the rest of the Night Fae?
    The knees are poking the dress out in the same place as the faun's legs (look at the pic viewed from side). Plus the arms look like the faun's too.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    The knees are poking the dress out in the same place as the faun's legs (look at the pic viewed from side). Plus the arms look like the faun's too.
    If you view the model in wowmodelviewer you can see she uses the human female skeleton. She has regular (non faun) legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Pet? They're sentient, one of them is a possible Soulbind.
    And? Humanoids are a type of battle pet. Also, faerie companions have been a trope since forever. The most famous fairy (Tinkerbell) is a companion.

Lots of new Ardenweald picture incoming with the updates, will add soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Works doubly for me given that it seems that Mueh'zala and the Jailer are the ones who put Sylvanas on the throne so to speak and she ignited the Blood War to begin with. Not necessary the fault of the Covenants, per se; but the threat did arise from their shared homeland.
    The Shadowland's Gods aren't members of their child races. Denathrius isn't a Venthyr, he created them. Likewise the Winter Queen isn't Night Fae, she created them.

They look great imo, but I doubt we ever get them as a playable race. Mainly because they are tied to the afterlife and probably have no interest meddling in mortal affairs.
    The Night Fae are all about the cycle of life and death, birth and rebirth. If they are anything like the Kyrian, who groom souls to ascend to the ranks of the Kyrian, it doesn't seem so far fetched that the Night Fae Fuans could walk the line between the living planes and the Shadowlands.

I do hope that we see them added as a playable race, it's nice to have a race without overwhelming sexual dimorphism like the majority of the WoW races. Their druid forms could also be more plant-like, which I am all for, since we didn't get Botani as an allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The Shadowland's Gods aren't members of their child races. Denathrius isn't a Venthyr, he created them. Likewise the Winter Queen isn't Night Fae, she created them.
    I was referring to the Jailer and Mueh'zala both being denizens of the Shadowlands, not specifically any Covenant leader(s).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I was referring to the Jailer and Mueh'zala both being denizens of the Shadowlands, not specifically any Covenant leader(s).
    Oops I quoted the completely wrong comment somehow, meant to respond to:

They look great imo, but I doubt we ever get them as a playable race. Mainly because they are tied to the afterlife and probably have no interest meddling in mortal affairs. Do males and female both use the female Draenei skeleton? It seems so.

Also is the Winter Queen a Faun? I don't see any goat legs (or fur) and her face seems to be more human like as well. She also appears to have wings as well (or a cloak that looks like it, but I'm hoping for actual wings)

Edit: upon further inspection, it seems like she's using the female human skeleton, so she's a completely different race than the rest of the Night Fae?

3+ Year Old Account
    What kind of poll is that? We aren't given the option to just say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has already said there wouldn't be new races in Shadowlands - the focus is on customization for the original races that we already have.
    They said they don't currently have any plans for new races during Shadowlands but are open to ideas.

3+ Year Old Account
    Based on empirical evidence, the chances of these becoming a playable race is pretty much zero. And while they can always change their minds, Blizz has already said there wouldn't be new races in Shadowlands - the focus is on customization for the original races that we already have.
    Actually, the empyrical evidence points to the opposite!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I'd rather get Satyr instead of these weirdos

Except the Winter Queen. She's stunning
    I hope that if we get Night Fae, at the very least there will be Satyr customization options. Pretty shite that they're deciding to create a "Faun" race instead of writing in a faction of redeemed Satyrs. Of course they made the Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei, so it's not surprising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    She is definitely using the female human skeleton. They are always slightly bending their knees.

Edit: I suppose we can't be certain until she's in the model viewer, if not already. My money's on female human though
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-19 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    They said they don't currently have any plans for new races during Shadowlands but are open to ideas.
    Technically, the Legion Allied Races weren't Legion content either. Highmountain, Nightborne, Void Elves, Lightforged, were BFA-pre-purchase content. By that same logic, Kyrians et al won't technically be Shadowlands content, they'll be pre-patch content for the next expansion. I don't think anyone actually expects them to be playable before their stories wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I hope that if we get Night Fae, at the very least there will be Satyr customization options. Pretty shite that they're deciding to create a "Faun" race instead of writing in a faction of redeemed Satyrs. Of course they made the Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei, so it's not surprising.
    I agree with this too. And if not Satyr customization, at least give them some beard options.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2020-06-20 at 06:53 PM. Reason: cleaning up quote

I was fine with Night Elves and jungle/forest trolls being the forest people they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I was fine with Night Elves and jungle/forest trolls being the forest people they are.
    Neither are pure forest races, they just have strong forest sides to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolls do have a pure forest sub-race, night elves ermm. if you consider sons/daughters of Cenarius half night elven as night elf then those would be it, or blizzard can give the night elves a proper full forest sub-race via forest Nelf worgen.. and they can use the Nightfae bodies with elven faces for the elf form, and design a worgen alternative for their worgen model.

I'm voting no because I don't want anymore fucking furry races

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Neither are pure forest races, they just have strong forest sides to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolls do have a pure forest sub-race, night elves ermm. if you consider sons/daughters of Cenarius half night elven as night elf then those would be it, or blizzard can give the night elves a proper full forest sub-race via forest Nelf worgen.. and they can use the Nightfae bodies with elven faces for the elf form, and design a worgen alternative for their worgen model.
    I think night elves fit fine as is for a forest race. Been playing one as a main or an alt since patch 1.10. No dryads or fae or anything. They might have had an arcane focus in their culture, but that was thousands of years ago.