Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1. Stop min/maxing and you wont give a fuck about corruption gear. AT. ALL.

Seriously, stop trying to keep up with the Jones, it's a much less aggravating way to play. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're not chasing world firsts, stop worrying about your "spot in the raid", it does not matter. At the end of the day it's all pixels and polygons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Last WoW knockoff i played had a feature where you can be a "certified girl" player...post your image...and be rated by the community.
    And once i got a daily quest to give a rose to a certified girl.

That is all
    This is the simpiest shit I have ever heard

8.3 was honestly the best patch in a long time.
    No clue what a "chinese knockoff" is meant to be, but save yourself the trouble.
    Just say you dislike it like everyone else.

Whether you liked it or not though, a lot of these systems from late BFA are clearly inspiring a lot of Shadowlands.
    Best of luck!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Coming from a player since 2005, BFA pretty fun, community sucks. Love my class fury warrior, love corruptions and their customizAbility, azerite is just ok, But oh my god essences are really cool. The fact that they’re shared between classes and specs and they’re good in different situations is the type of gameplay and fight by fight customization I’ve been looking for and it’s really going to suck losing them. Rip 8.3 you didn’t get as much love as you deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Imagine thinking gearing an alt in 8.3 with all the catch ups in place is grindy, do people want Blizzard to just give them every class as geared as their mains when they want it or something?

And WoW is nothing like any weeb game on account of it not being fucking garbage

also, how can you simultaneously accuse the game of too much gating and grinding? They literally cancel eachother out
    It seems that the community wants both their alts to have everything their mains have AND get power rewards while playing on alts. Basically they want the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    It kinda clicked for me how much harm 8.3 caused to my view of WoW as a game. I mean, let's all face it, all those failed systems that needed "a fix" and those fixes being piled up on top of each other culminating in the ultimate AH fiesta of BOE sales is just something that is so far away from what World of Warcraft used to be, that if you try and trace lines between TBC/Wotlk and BFA you just will not find any.
    there are no failed systems in 8.3. all the big failers have been discarded, abandoned or band aided prior. all the 8.3 systems are fine and w/e issues they had have been fixed during 8.3.

BoE sales and stuff is also not a problem caused by 8.3, but just the slow over time effects of the token introduction starting to reach critical mass.

if you wanna talk TBC/Wotlk, people always like being able to buy good stuff for currency back then, guess what you can do in 8.3.

now sure, BFA is kinda crappy, and 8.3 cut some corners for sure, but it's core systems aren't below average in quality by any means. if anything the big fail in 8.3 is the lack of a proper nyalotha zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It seems that the community wants both their alts to have everything their mains have AND get power rewards while playing on alts. Basically they want the impossible.
    gearing alts was way more annoying prior to 8.3 if you ask me. and now post corruption vendor and cloak grind nerf it's very easy.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-06-20 at 05:48 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Last WoW knockoff i played had a feature where you can be a "certified girl" player...post your image...and be rated by the community.

That is all
    Man, that's creepy... Like seriously creepy, "certified girl" WTF

More on topic, 8.3 is an awful patch, as far as I am concerned. The best part is when you can finally ignore all of its grind (essences/corruptions/assaults/visions) and actually start doing some M+ with your pals. And I say M+ because PvP this patch is a steaming pile of !@#$, and the raid is frankly boring... Not to mention how laggy is everything, more often than not.

If it wasn't for Classic, I would have unsubbed right after getting AotC.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Man, that's creepy... Like seriously creepy, "certified girl" WTF

More on topic, 8.3 is an awful patch, as far as I am concerned. The best part is when you can finally ignore all of its grind (essences/corruptions/assaults/visions) and actually start doing some M+ with your pals. And I say M+ because PvP this patch is a steaming pile of !@#$, and the raid is frankly boring... Not to mention how laggy is everything, more often than not.

If it wasn't for Classic, I would have unsubbed right after getting AotC.
    Thing is that without those grinds 90%+ of playerbase would have nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Thing is that without those grinds 90%+ of playerbase would have nothing to do.
    I think that speaks to the weakness of the non tiered model of gameplay. I think having players at different stages of the game works far better then simply making content obsolete so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    you guys are still subbed?
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-20 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah, I mean who the fuck would stay subbed to a game yet frequent a fan run website just to complain about a video game they don't even play anymore. Like, really. Who'd do that?
    Well I have been unsubbed for 6 days, still lurking after all this time! Shit game!!

(Nooo I love WoW, gief SL already)

I find it hilarious that everyone jumped on the corruption hype train, wow a new farmable resource, so interesting, so exotic and deep!

Im sitting here the entire time thinking everyone is a fucking idiot.

I didnt need titanforging or corruption to have fun for the first 9 years of wow, i sure as hell dont need it now.

The minigames blizzard makes you jump through is fucking horrendous.

Back in my day, you show up to a raid, you enter it and you clear it.

You played wow because of the people not the exact same statted loot at a higher itemlevel that you need to farm over and over for a titanforge or corruption proc.

As much as i want to blame blizzard (and a lot of fault belongs to them) wow players have no backbone and dont stand up to blizzard when shit has hit the fan because of a sunk cost fallacy.
    See here https://i.imgur.com/fXG7cQ3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I think that speaks to the weakness of the non tiered model of gameplay. I think having players at different stages of the game works far better then simply making content obsolete so quickly
    Its rather symptom of game being too acessasible to everyone. Acessabiltiy reduce content longetivy. And whats best way to keep content acessible and long lasting at same time? Trought gated grinds. Anyone can do grindy. There is nothing challenging or requare any sort of effort = acessbile game and they are grindy and gated = longetivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    I find it hilarious that everyone jumped on the corruption hype train, wow a new farmable resource, so interesting, so exotic and deep!

Im sitting here the entire time thinking everyone is a fucking idiot.

I didnt need titanforging or corruption to have fun for the first 9 years of wow, i sure as hell dont need it now.

The minigames blizzard makes you jump through is fucking horrendous.

Back in my day, you show up to a raid, you enter it and you clear it.

You played wow because of the people not the exact same statted loot at a higher itemlevel that you need to farm over and over for a titanforge or corruption proc.

As much as i want to blame blizzard (and a lot of fault belongs to them) wow players have no backbone and dont stand up to blizzard when shit has hit the fan because of a sunk cost fallacy.
    See here https://i.imgur.com/fXG7cQ3.gif
    Wow dude, look at you. You're so smart and smug. You even posted a relevant meme. Damn man, you're really fucking cool.

How dare people like things you don't like!

Wow dude, look at you. You're so smart and smug. You even posted a relevant meme. Damn man, you're really fucking cool.

How dare people like things you don't like!
    People like all sorts of things that don't appeal to a broad audience.

Turns out rental powers don't appeal to a large audience. Go figure.

That is all
    I mean... That's better content than 8.3, sooo....

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, the 8.3 retrospective we all needed.

Pack it up, folks. Some random guy's blog has declared 8.3 a bad patch. We can all unsub in peace now!
    I mean... It's not really debatable that 8.3 was a bad patch, right? I mean it's even worse than the selfie one, because the selfie one simply did not have anything, while 8.3 broke the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people are trolling im sure,they cant be this delusional,the fact is 8.3 has crazy catchup unlike ever before,its not even in the same multiverse as early 8.3 or other end of expansion patches
    The fact around that you need 275.000 Corrupted Mementos just for the sockets on your alts should show you how insane it is to have an alt right now. I am not even starting with the cloak leveling past 15.

The culmination of different power systems which you have to grind made me unwilling to play any alts.

The corruption vendor is a bandaid, but it has a negative effect too. Now it just feels bad to use a corruption on an item you know you'll replace soon, same with wrathion sockets. I could do more dps right now, but I don't because I'm holding on to the powers up for the RNG to smile upon me and give me the rest of my bis list items so that I won't have to grind again later.

It's just a pile of dumb systems which doesn't make you excited when you get an upgrade, it makes you relieved that you have one unpleasant grind out of the way.

If progression in SL will be anywhere close to what we have in BfA (8.3 specifically) then I think that will be it for me in a Warcraft universe. I simply lack the time and energy nowadays to try to keep up.

8.3 has been the most fun I've had in wow in all of Legion and Bfa. If that is what chinese knockoffs are, then I'm all up for it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

8.3 is the best patch of the expansion rofl

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

That is all
    wait what?? Now you picked my curiosity