Chelly
    Who in their right mind would pay 220 dollars for a ship in a game that isn't even out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Why would it release? The developers are literally being paid for promises and tech demos. Releasing it means having to meet the criticism head on, and becoming unable to sell dreams.
    Sums it up pretty well.

Once the dust has settled, Star Citizen as a project will be a prime subject for psychologists to study for a whole generation to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Who in their right mind would pay 220 dollars for a ship in a game that isn't even out yet?
    https://nairametrics.com/2020/06/17/...nst-americans/

- - - Updated - - -

This little game already looks more fun than the walking simulator that is SC

The Squadron 42 update video is now officially over 1 month late.

Original release plans: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...n-Star-Citizen

Of course, CIG doesn't say what they are doing, or what is taking so long, they just shut up completely as usual.

CIG's communication at its finest. Fans love talking about transparency but there's practically zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

Of course, CIG doesn't say what they are doing, or what is taking so long, they just shut up completely as usual.

CIG's communication at its finest. Fans love talking about transparency but there's practically zero.
    From what I've seen on r/Star Citizen and the Spectrum forums, the fans have been calling out CIG on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    From what I've seen on r/Star Citizen and the Spectrum forums, the fans have been calling out CIG on it.
    Yep, I have made topics about it as well.

There was a SQ42 update 3 weeks ago so your talking BS as usual, doesnt really matter if they have not put out a new video or not we still got the information about SQ42.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There was a SQ42 update 3 weeks ago so your talking BS as usual, doesnt really matter if they have not put out a new video or not we still got the information about SQ42.
    Yes, truly, why would it matter if fans/backers do not see new video about what they are waiting/have paid for.

/s, in case that was not obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yes, truly, why would it matter if fans/backers do not see new video about what they are waiting/have paid for.

/s, in case that was not obvious.
    The only thing that matters is information about SQ42 have been given out to backers, CiG can give as much or as little information as they want to backers and they have already stated they dont want to give out information that would spoil the game. Further updates on SQ42 by video are not required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddy, I responded to your post and I am 100% right.
    nope, thinking you are right and actually being right are two very different things.
    There was feature creep. They added features continuously some of which have severily impacted the development time.
    You tried to dispel this argument with your response.
    oh, really? name one then please. thanks.
    Player plots on surfaces(planets, moons, asteroids) came straight out of the blue, and they immediately started selling for $100 a pop.
    these were discussed at the beginning for possible features post launch for when proc gen was going to be added, they managed to get proc gen earlier and so some features tied to it came with it, nothing out of the ordinary. next.
    They could've easily waited after launch before expanding the scope. Since they didn't, we now have no game.
    could have but chose not to, you know that thing you agreed to allow them to do when you pledged? and you might not have a game to play, but i test the alpha all the time.
    Btw, PvE-slider is perfectly legitimate to bring up.
    nope, it's not legitimate as it actually argues against your premise as it was a feature removed and not added. haha. dude how are you not getting that you are defeating your own argument?
    The point is that with the way you folks argue about "CIG talked about x or y" they can literally expand the scope until a 2030 release with practically anything. CIG in the early days had so many talkshows, frequently at that.
    oh, so you just project, huh? i said since the end of 2014 there has been no feature creep and in your simple mind you think that means anything they have spoken of since and until 2030 will not count as feature creep? buddy, you really need to examine how you argue because this ain't it. stop with the Strawmans and bad faith arguments, because this is getting really sad.[/QUOTE]

i...i...i don't even...dude are you okay? what's wrong? /sigh

[quote=Ulf Kuershner (CIG Lead COmmunity Manager)]On Tuesday, the Narrative Team will publish a former subscriber exclusive Portfolio piece about Rest & Relax. If you´re wondering whether space has more stars or R&R stations, this is where you might find the answer! Also on Tuesday, we’ll catch up with Brian Chambers for another Squadron 42 video update, and to cap off the day, we’ll release a bit more info about the short & midterm plans for ship paints.*UPDATE: We ran into some editorial issues with the SQ42 update video so won’t have this out today. Cue the jokes about delay – we know! We’ll get this one out soon. Thanks for your patience!
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...n-Star-Citizen

Zyloh-CIG Community Manger also said that they were re-shooting it to add more visual context to what will be said, i am too lazy to find the quote but it's from like 2 weeks ago. and it's funny that you are trying to make it seem as though they are terrible when they are the ones who told us at least 2 times that it will be late and that a video would even be getting made in the first place. /sigh. this is some tiring shit man. meh, it's my fault for even responding to you.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    nope, thinking you are right and actually being right are two very different things.
    I am objectively right and you are objectively wrong. How about that buddy?

these were discussed at the beginning for possible features post launch for when proc gen was going to be added, they managed to get proc gen earlier and so some features tied to it came with it, nothing out of the ordinary. next.
    Lmfao, you even made my argument for me. How do you not understand this? You went in face-first and still don't see it.

Feature creep. Next.

could have but chose not to, you know that thing you agreed to allow them to do when you pledged? and you might not have a game to play, but i test the alpha all the time.
    Yeah Odeezee, CIG is always right we've all heard this tune before. God forbid anyone who tries to hold them to their word.

nope, it's not legitimate as it actually argues against your premise as it was a feature removed and not added. haha. dude how are you not getting that you are defeating your own argument?
    They never ended up implementing it because the community(including me) trashed it to bits.

The point is that they could have implemented in just because they mentioned it at some point. You wouldn't have called it feature creep and just accepted it, just like you do anything else.

How can you not get the difference here? And you love talking about bad faith arguments, the irony.

oh, so you just project, huh? i said since the end of 2014 there has been no feature creep and in your simple mind you think that means anything they have spoken of since and until 2030 will not count as feature creep? buddy, you really need to examine how you argue because this ain't it. stop with the Strawmans and bad faith arguments, because this is getting really sad.
    I already won the feature creep argument. The reason why you keep ranting about this is the fact that you got BTFO'd earlier but can't drop it due to ego reasons.

I've literally smacked you, Kenn and Mr.Anderson all around this thread with pure facts. Hell, even random people come in here to smack you folks for fun. You've got nothing whatsoever.

i...i...i don't even...dude are you okay? what's wrong? /sigh

SNIPPED QUOTE

Zyloh-CIG Community Manger also said that they were re-shooting it to add more visual context to what will be said, i am too lazy to find the quote but it's from like 2 weeks ago.
    LOL You do realize I can just check Zyloh's account right? They haven't posted for a month and there's no post that says this.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...lity=nonerased

In fact, here's what they say:

Quote Originally Posted by Zyloh-CIG
    I don't have an exact date for you right now. Would have liked to publish it today, but we got a little wrapped up in today's craziness. Announcing a video publish too early bit us in the ass last time, so surely you can understand when I kindly ask folks to hang tight. We'll get it out asap.
    As usual, the carrot is around the corner.

If what you say lies in some remote corner of the world it's further example of how CIG's communication sucks, more on that below where you try to defend them(as usual).

When people have to look for information that hard, and can't find it, something is wrong. Just accept it and move on, it isn't that hard.

I actually hope you can find the quote now because it proves how CIG's system has failed.

Can you find it?

Again, a no-win scenario from you.

and it's funny that you are trying to make it seem as though they are terrible when they are the ones who told us at least 2 times that it will be late and that a video would even be getting made in the first place. /sigh. this is some tiring shit man. meh, it's my fault for even responding to you.
    They are terrible. Practically everyone agrees apart from the cultists.

Did you even check the link I provided? It literally says that the video will be late. Once more, you bring nothing new to the discussion.

You cannot win this argument, or any argument for that matter. The fact that CIG's communication is atrocious isn't new and is a recurring complaint in the community.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...e-for-a-reboot
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...o-plz-let-us-k
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...ut-of-the-loop

Do I have to start posting the almost daily threads that pop up about the SQ42 video?

You're literally backing yourself into a corner again, again and again. You just can't help it.

No communication, no game.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-06-21 at 02:34 AM.

snip
    None of your made up theories are fact, your just projecting your own hopes the game will fail with nothing to back it up.

You have already proved your lack of credibility with the constant whining about everything you dont like about the company and most dont care, nothing you have said is even constructive to the topic, your just trying your hardest to claim everything they do is bad and you put far too much effort into it.

If backers really cared there would be more than a small amount of complaints on spectrum, they barely break 100 replies and many of those are not even complaining about things. The backers dont really care about what you have to say the game still brings in more money each and every day that proves all your theories wrong.

You have already lost your argument with your lack of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    None of your made up theories are fact, your just projecting your own hopes the game will fail with nothing to back it up.

You have already proved your lack of credibility with the constant whining about everything you dont like about the company and most dont care, nothing you have said is even constructive to the topic, your just trying your hardest to claim everything they do is bad and you put far too much effort into it.

If backers really cared there would be more than a small amount of complaints on spectrum, they barely break 100 replies and many of those are not even complaining about things.

You have already lost your argument with your lack of perspective.
    Guess you just going to ignore those quotes from CiG employees that Majestic linked huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Guess you just going to ignore those quotes from CiG employees that Majestic linked huh?
    His new strategy seems to be making incredibly broad judgments based on feelings and using that as a shield to protect himself from potential critical thought.

Same people spamming the topic as usual.
    I think this, you think wrong, i am always correct, cig bla bla.
    No info about game but what these spammers think. Who gives a fuck oh wait the moderator does obviously.
    Write what your thoughts are once then go private and chat there. Maybe you like each other and marry too.
    Just make sure you keep your children away from topic.

https://imgur.com/ZmRBxAQ

That is what it looked like.

http://archive.is/L2G1k

Before it was deleted from the forum.
    This is pure gold.

How can you do that when the game literally and by all definitions is not yet even on alpha stage? Do you have access to some secret, advanced build?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Lmfao, Star Citizen and Chris getting trolled in this Star Wars Squadrons vid:

https://youtu.be/KoIRG55oUnI

Answer the call in October!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    How can you do that when the game literally and by all definitions is not yet even on alpha stage? Do you have access to some secret, advanced build?
    i think there's some sort of playable pre-alpha build or something, but a few people here keep pretending as if the game is already long released due to that, because you can technically play something.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I booted up to play again yesterday since I haven't played since 3.8 dropped. There's still some glitches that I noticed early on when I was on Lorville. Went to take off in my Cutlass and proceeded to be booted from the server as soon as I got out of the hangar, then had to wait for it to be reclaimed. There's also some timing glitches with the train system but otherwise was fine after the first time I boarded. I didn't get a lot of time to play so hopefully in the coming two weeks I'll be able to sink some more time into it when I'm not playing Doom Eternal. The biggest issue I have is tied to my internet, latency is definitely a factor when you don't have access to a network that runs above 20Mbps.