Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I booted up to play again yesterday since I haven't played since 3.8 dropped. There's still some glitches that I noticed early on when I was on Lorville. Went to take off in my Cutlass and proceeded to be booted from the server as soon as I got out of the hangar, then had to wait for it to be reclaimed. There's also some timing glitches with the train system but otherwise was fine after the first time I boarded. I didn't get a lot of time to play so hopefully in the coming two weeks I'll be able to sink some more time into it when I'm not playing Doom Eternal. The biggest issue I have is tied to my internet, latency is definitely a factor when you don't have access to a network that runs above 20Mbps.
    Your internet might be further compounding issues, but the 3.9 Star Citizen servers are incredibly unstable and a better internet connection isn't really going to fix the servers. NPCs remaining in a T-pose, trains running late, elevators bugging out, missions bugging out, spontaneously exploding while QTing around a moon or a planet, your gun bugging out and not being able to shoot unless you unequip it and re-equip it, etc, all problems iwht the current build of SC.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Lmfao, Star Citizen and Chris getting trolled in this Star Wars Squadrons vid:

https://youtu.be/KoIRG55oUnI

Answer the call in October!
    Nice try. It's not a Star Wars Squadrons video. It's an ObsidianAnt video, guess what other videos he makes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5kpWgqy7TbWOeO
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Nice try. It's not a Star Wars Squadrons video. It's an ObsidianAnt video, guess what other videos he makes.

Nice try what? It's obviously a troll like I wrote.

Are you going to reply on you accusing the snowflake images and video of being fake by the way? You kind of nutted up on that as soon as I challenged you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice try what? It's obviously a troll like I wrote.

Are you going to reply on you accusing the snowflake images and video of being fake by the way? You kind of nutted up on that as soon as I challenged you.
    I mean, I wrote what right in my post, but here I'll make it easier to read this time

It's not a Star Wars Squadrons video. It's an ObsidianAnt video, guess what other videos he makes.

And when did you challenge me to anything lol
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I mean, I wrote what right in my post, but here I'll make it easier to read this time
    Bro, you've been reading this thread - you know that doing this doesn't work with me.

It's a video with Squadrons footage trolling Star Citizen and Chris. And it's funny.

And when did you challenge me to anything lol
    Let's gooooooo!

Let's take it from the beginning for context(like I always do).

I post my section on the past support page blunder:

Blast from the past for the lulz: Sandi Gardiner's support system leak

in 2016, Star Citizen's Zendesk bugged out which caused backers to be able to view the tags that had been put on their account.

This revealed the following categories which players were slammed into:

• Snowflake
    • High Maintenance
    • Grey Market Trading

Calling customers snowflakes sure is customer support at its finest. Needless to be said, this blew up into a shitstorm of laughs and humiliation for CIG. It was quickly fixed.

For the record: Sandi is just as scummy as Chris is.

In Sandi's defense, she doesn't have the credentials for the job. She lied about them on her LinkedIn page and the only reason she was hired by Chris was: Nepotism.

They also lied about their real-life relationship until it was blasted publically through IMDB-pictures, then, in an open letter, Chris admitted it, silencing all the backers who thought this was all a conspiracy theory coming from Derek Smart.

The letter that Chris posted has since been deleted from the site.
    You respond with this:

Source? I can't find anything on google.
    Which is a perfectly legitimate question. I think it was easy to find on google, but I'd gladly help a fellow forumer out. So I did:

https://imgur.com/ZmRBxAQ

That is what it looked like.

http://archive.is/L2G1k

Before it was deleted from the forum.
    Your response:

So just a couple images. Do you have anything besides that? You do know how easy it is to photoshop these things right? 3 tags with 2 of them being inflammatory while one seems fairly legit.

Even in your archive link people are calling it out as fake.

I smell BS, but if you have any real proof I'm all ear/eyes.
    Here's your first mistake: You immediately take on a snarky, cocky, hardcore stance and dig down deep. Can't really backpedal after that which bites you in the bum later.

I see from scanning your post history that this is your style. That's fine, but that style has a very obvious weakness of course, listed above.

My response:

I was even in there myself.

By a sheer miracle, I managed to find an old video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXD7...ature=youtu.be

This isn't even controversial beyond a select few fans disbelieving anything negative posted about CIG.
    I'd say 99% of the cases it'd be a dead end with the screens and forum threads. This is probably what you expected too.

Just as if was written in the stars, I manage to find a 4 year old video and post it which is practically damning evidence. It was recorded with the sole reason of proving it was real due to shillizens instantly accusing the bug of being fake.

The ZenDesk wasn't even up for a very long time, because as soon as it became known, it was taken down for maintenence which is the right way to go. It's obviously unintended that customers can see their own tags like that.

Yawn......

SNIPPED PIC
    Since at this point with your hardcore stance earlier, you can't just back off and say "All right, maybe it did happen.". That isn't your style. Instead, you have to double-down and post a pic of another shillizen talking about something "can" be edited, which is such a general argument it's borderline laughable.

Not only that, you scrolled practically to the bottom of the vid to find that one +1'd comment.

So I reply with this:

Okay, so you have pictures, a video, forum thread, what else do you want?

Nothing apart from a time machine will satisfy your needs.

Edit:

Last thing I can find:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen...ategorization/

You could even check the source for your tags. Then, CIG took it down for "maintenence". Guess why.

At this point, I'd rather have you point out any inconsistency you can see. That was the real ZenDesk URL, site and everything in the video.
    I provide you with a last source.

So now you have:

• Images
    • Archived forum thread
    • A 2.5 minute video of the bug

The timestamps all add up.

So I decide enough is enough, time to challenge you above:

Okay, so you have pictures, a video, forum thread, what else do you want?
    And

At this point, I'd rather have you point out any inconsistency you can see.
    ... Which you didn't reply to. You just quietly slipped away. I call those hit & runs by the way.

I was waiting to see if you'd return with any snarky/cocky comment after that. Which you did just now earlier.

Should I take your silence as you conceding?

10+ Year Old Account
    snip

As I said in the quote. It's ObsidianAnt. He also makes videos about star citizen. I posted the playlist for you. Hell I'm even subbed to him. Whats funny is he is also critical of the GAME and doesn't get shit for it like Val doesn't.

So you didn't challenge me to anything. You're just upset I won't accept a couple easily edited photos/video as 100% hardcore proof of something. I didn't reply cause I'm not Kenn. I'm not gonna bother for long with pointless discussion. You aren't changing my opinion of the game and I'm not changing yours.

From the subreddit

Just sharing in case people forgot:
    With immediate effect, we will incorporate more Squadron 42 content into our regular Sprint Reports on ISC, Calling All Devs, AMAs (Ask Me Anything Q&As), and more. In addition to our scheduled content such as the SQ42 Monthly Report, we’re also looking forward to providing regular video check-ins with Brian Chambers and a variety of members of the Squadron 42 team.
    Posted 3 months ago in a Spectrum post: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...arch-13th-2020

On March 13th, 2020.

We had no AMAs, no check ins with Brian and the team, and nothing "more".
    https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...gular_updates/

Whats funny is he is also critical of the GAME and doesn't get shit for it like Val doesn't.
    That's because my camp is the biggest fanbase. Check any of the comment sections on his videos. It's full of people trashing the game and Chris much like I do. Read the room you're standing in.

Regarding Val, they are the kind of player that posts long stories of their experiences with the game. They can't attack Val because all they usually have is ad hominems and Val clearly plays the game.

For the record, we see the same kind of behaviour on Reddit with the "I FUCKING LOOOOOOVE STAR CITIZEN! But..." posts. That kind of criticism gets embraced. If you're like me though and outright trash the game and its creators, fans will attack your person in order to defend the game.

This is a well established and known trend in the SC community period.

So you didn't challenge me to anything.
    Definitely did. You just nutted up when it came to getting objective.

Let me put it his way then for formalities:

• I challenge you, Orange Joe, to find inconsistensies with the video provided to support your hardcore stance.
    • I challenge you, Orange Joe, to explain what else you would want in the context of the discussion to satisfy your needs.

You're just upset I won't accept a couple easily edited photos/video as 100% hardcore proof of something.
    See, this is why I post the full context. Anyone can easily follow your train of thought. You don't want to believe it's real and can't even back down due to the tone you immediately took after my first reply. You backed yourself into a corner and can't get out, so you don't want to engage further.

What is funny though is that you seem to think I'd just let it go and allow you to pop back in with more hit & runs without calling you out. So here we are buddy.

I didn't reply cause I'm not Kenn.
    I gave you a chance to be objective, you fled.

I'm not gonna bother for long with pointless discussion.
    It didn't have to be. You could've just conceded or posted your final thoughts and that was it.

You aren't changing my opinion of the game and I'm not changing yours.
    Didn't try to change your opinion of the game. You asked, I provided. I challenged, you fled.

Why can't you just admit that there's a chance you were wrong and that you shouldn't have taken that cocky stance of yours?
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-06-23 at 08:53 AM.

The documentaries about this one day will be amazing. How to con people out of over quarter of a billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The documentaries about this one day will be amazing. How to con people out of over quarter of a billion dollars.
    Make a truly next-gen game of abandoned genre while allowing people to test the playable build and they will want to support it enough to give you money in advance.

sUcH a ScAm, aNd hIdIng mArRiAgEs ToO dUr DuR!

In actual game development. Been testing the new flight model on the PTU and things all feel much heavier. Ships with good aerodynamics and VTOL engines really benefit from them when flying in planets with atmosphere. Which is a step in the right direction imo.

Wondered how soon it would be before the useless twitch stats metric made a reappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Wondered how soon it would be before the useless twitch stats metric made a reappearance.
    Yeah that one is outdated by a month or 2 already, this one is taken just now:

Same trend though.

Nope, just as useless as before
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-06-23 at 01:41 PM.

Nope, just as useless as before
    I guess if your a hater of the game and are invested into pushing the narrative that everything is bad and no one plays the game it's useless since it debunks that clearly and straightforwardly with Up to date, factual and independent data from the leading gaming streaming platform (rip mixer).

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Make a truly next-gen game of abandoned genre while allowing people to test the playable build and they will want to support it enough to give you money in advance.
    Ye whatever buddy, I'm sure the people gave them money to spend the next decade living the life while doing the minimal work required to pass as "progress".

I guess if your a hater of the game and are invested into pushing the narrative that everything is bad and no one plays the game it's useless since it debunks that clearly and straightforwardly with Up to date, factual and independent data from the leading gaming streaming platform (rip mixer).
    Hater, hater, hater, hater, hater.... Twitch stats are all you've got mate, that is like the only thing

Play time and concurrency are the real useful metrics for how well a game is actually doing.

If you have 100,000 watching and only 100 playing it's hardly a useful representation. If you have lots of people playing but not so many watching all it means is the game is not popular on Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Ye whatever buddy, I'm sure the people gave them money to spend the next decade living the life while doing the minimal work required to pass as "progress".
    Nobody is forced to give them money. If enough people do is because they value their work and like the progress. That you particularly don't, is irrelevant.

If you have 100,000 watching and only 100 playing it's hardly a useful representation. If you have lots of people playing but not so many watching all it means is the game is not popular on Twitch.
    Agreed. All Twitch stats shows is that people watch the game and is popular on a specific platform. It doesn't say anything about playing.

I'm willing to bet straight up that more people actually actively play Elite Dangerous than people play Star Citizen.

It's all about what position he's trying to support when he posts the data.

Yeah that one is outdated by a month or 2 already, this one is taken just now:

SNIPPED PIC

Same trend though.
    What argument are you making there?

Nobody is forced to give them money. If enough people do is because they value their work and like the progress. That you particularly don't, is irrelevant.
    Hater, hater, hater, hater, hater.... Twitch stats are all you've got mate, that is like the only thing

Play time and concurrency are the real useful metrics for how well a game is actually doing.

Actually for any company developing 2 games as ambitious as Squadron and Star Citizen what matters the most is funding. How many streamers or viewers on Twitch can indicate an overall mainstream interest in the product or not but in the end it's up to the gamers to decide they want to back a game or not. With the addition of new features and improvement of performance and as the game becomes more and more fleshed out it's only natural that it will attract more players and consequently more funding.

That people like it enough to the point of paying to be QA testers, enduring game-breaking bugs, bad performance and wipes is already a testament that the game they are developing is special enough to warrant their preference to stream it / watch instead of fully released and polished games of similar genre.

Ahh, I remember the old me saying in 2016 that this game will be released in 2020, laughing, cinically. Silly old me.

PS. I pledged in 2014. Thankfully I got the entry package. Still the worst money ever spent.