Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Are you suggesting Nascar, and the FBI doesn't know what a Noose is?
    it has a pretty broad definition. pretty much any loop could be called a noose.
    clearly the issue is in what context is a noose a hate symbol instead of a functional knot.
    some people are saying any knot that resembles a noose is a hate symbol, which is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Shut ther fuck up. Did i not say "if it was attached to a rafter or a free piece of rope it would be a noose?" Yes i did. The only thing your proving it's im 100٪ right on people like you name calling (yet don't even back it). Just because you and I aren't seeing eye to eye. You're one the reasons why politics and just discussion is so damn hostile.
    A loop with a running knot, tightening as the rope or wire is pulled and typically used to hang people or trap animals.
    Tell me... where is the rafter or "free rope" requirement to this?

I don't give two fucks about the dictionary of Saninicus.

The reason political discussions become hostile is because people like you like to deny facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Still didn't answer the question, you seem to think you know everything how did they use it, would it not have been closed up and just a ball knot of rope if it was a noose? FBI says a lot of things you take that as gospel?

It was a noose, you claimed it wasn't... FBI I trust more than you lmao seriously...

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you suggesting Nascar, and the FBI doesn't know what a Noose is?
    Well, after the investigation NASCAR did say that it is a pull rope fashioned like a noose, not that it is a noose.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1275542920972689409

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Tell me... where is the rafter or "free rope" requirement to this?

I don't give two fucks about the dictionary of Saninicus.

The reason political discussions become hostile is because people like you like to deny facts.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a noose, you claimed it wasn't... FBI I trust more than you lmao seriously...
    So why didn't it close up when they put their hands in it to pull the door down? (that's what nooses do right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Well, after the investigation NASCAR did say that it is a pull rope fashioned like a noose, not that it is a noose.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1275542920972689409
    Pull rope in noose form is a noose....

- - - Updated - - -

So why didn't it close up when they put their hands in it to pull the door down? (that's what nooses do right?)
    Why do you assume they used that portion to pull and not the rest of the rope?

Shall I start posting images of clear hate crime nooses that weren't tied properly to "close up"????

I mean we have tons of those pictures...of improperly tied nooses, with racists language to boot, but you'd argue it wasn't a noose because it wasn't tied perfectly right?

So not a noose because not properly tied?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-24 at 10:43 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

If they pulled right above the knot it would close it also, if they pulled higher it would not lead to a good grip and your hand would slide onto it...

Interesting Wikipedia pic for a noose....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noose

Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-06-24 at 10:44 PM.

If they pulled right above the knot it would close it also, if they pulled higher it would not lead to a good grip and your hand would slide onto it...
    So your argument is it's totally meant to be a racist thing because he fashioned his garage pull into a noose, which is horribly ineffective, so there is no other reason for him to have done that than to be offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    well not used for racist reasons anyway, it's been there for years and on other doors. He better have a good explanation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/na...ace/index.html
    And there is no possible way the person or people responsible for assigning these garages to driver knew it was there and gave it to the back guy? It's just coincidence.

The rope is attached to a fucking garage door... that's a fucking fact is it not. You use the rope to pull down a garage door... that's a fact. The fucking thing was there in 2019... that's a fact. It was little more than shit luck that bubba got that garage
    Right which was the conclusion, that it wasn't done specifically against him so not crime... that doesn't change it was a noose so why are you trying to deny it was a noose?

You can't just fucking admit it was a noose, but it wasn't done maliciously against him?

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting Wikipedia pic for a noose....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noose

This noose in a tree is this a noose? Or is it not a noose because it isn't perfectly tied like a noose for hanging a person?

You know the point of these is imagery not functionality so bitching that "it isn't perfectly formed to hang a person" is folly.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-24 at 10:50 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Shall I start posting images of clear hate crime nooses that weren't tied properly to "close up"????

I mean we have tons of those pictures...of improperly tied nooses, with racists language to boot, but you'd argue it wasn't a noose because it wasn't tied perfectly right?

So not a noose because not properly tied?
    technically no, why would it be (people be hung by other knots) but they could have been trying to tied one and just sucked at it. (but if you think a knot loop from a tree and a small one on a garage door rope is the same thing you got bigger issues...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    So your argument is it's totally meant to be a racist thing because he fashioned his garage pull into a noose, which is horribly ineffective, so there is no other reason for him to have done that than to be offensive?
    My argument it was just a loop tied into the rope to make it easier to pull the door down...

technically no, why would it be (people be hung by other knots) but they could have been trying to tied one and just sucked at it. (but if you think a knot loop from a tree and a small one on a garage door rope is the same thing you got bigger issues...)
    Your argument was:

Still didn't answer the question, you seem to think you know everything how did they use it, would it not have been closed up and just a ball knot of rope if it was a noose? FBI says a lot of things you take that as gospel?
    Well there is a noose that can't function properly so are you going to also defend this noose? Is this noose not being used for racism because "it isn't tied properly".

I mean why are you fucking this chicken? I don't get it, give it up.

saying they don't know what a pull rope for a garage door is..
    I haven't seen anyone made that Claim, even Nascar said it was a Noose.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Your argument was:

Well there is a noose that can't function properly so are you going to also defend this noose? Is this noose not being used for racism because "it isn't tied properly".

I mean why are you fucking this chicken? I don't get it, give it up.
    It may have not been a "noose" as I said other knots can hang people, and one is from a tree and one is on the end of a garage door context kind matters, if you can't see the difference I'm not sure what to tell you?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen anyone made that Claim, even Nascar said it was a Noose.
    What else would they call it for the release?
    It
    A was not used to hang anyone...
    B it didn't seem to function like a noose.. *and there are many different noose ties even the wiki page showed an uncommon one.
    A noose is a loop at the end of a rope in which the knot tightens under load and can be loosened without.

It may have not been a "noose" as I said other knots can hang people, and one is from a tree and one is on the end of a garage door context kind matters, if you can't see the difference I'm not sure what to tell you?

- - - Updated - - -

What else would they call it for the release?
    It
    A was not used to hang anyone...
    B it didn't seem to function like a noose.. *and there are many different noose ties even the wiki page showed an uncommon one.
    A noose is a loop at the end of a rope in which the knot tightens under load and can be loosened without.
    So now it is a noose? You said before it wasn't a noose, so you've admitted it is a noose? "But you see one is in a tree" so... what exactly does that mean?

What if a racist person thought a noose as a handle pully was funny because of the race connotations? That's entirely possible and a form of "innocent racism" people often take part in.

So now it is a noose? You said before it wasn't a noose, so you've admitted it is a noose? "But you see one is in a tree" so... what exactly does that mean?

What if a racist person thought a noose as a handle pully was funny because of the race connotations? That's entirely possible and a form of "innocent racism" people often take part in.
    the one you posted in the Tree may or may not be a (proper) noose, the one in the Nascar was a pull loop.

- - - Updated - - -

That's been there since 20....19. Attached to garage door at knee level. Meaning it's little more than to rope meant to pull down a garage door. If our want thre well before bubba was attached to a garage door as a pull. Thre attached to the garage door is the big thing to me here. You hook your foot and pull it down. The choice of knots however is unfortunate but since it was there since 2019 there's no racist motive.

That's why i said if a noose (since yes that is a noose knot) was attached to the rafters or laying on a toolbox. Then they're would be no doubt our was a targeted hate crime. Attached to a garage door since 2019 and knee level. I raise my eyebrow.
    I would think a noose knot would suck for a foot pull, would close up on your foot and have to reach down or bring your foot up and pull it off each time you pulled on it with any pressure.

the one you posted in the Tree may or may not be a (proper) noose, the one in the Nascar was a pull loop.
    It looked like a noose in the picture to me and his team wasn't familiar with why it would be like that given the current climate you cannot blame them for thinking the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It looked like a noose in the picture to me and his team wasn't familiar with why it would be like that given the current climate you cannot blame them for thinking the worst.
    well my first point that started me into this (the knot thing is a side track), it reminded me of the police with the shakes thinking they were poisoned, when it was just a poorly cleaned machine, both cases of people jumping the gun when no malice was intended.

well my first point that started me into this (the knot thing is a side track), it reminded me of the police with the shakes thinking they were poisoned, when it was just a poorly cleaned machine, both cases of people jumping the gun when no malice was intended.
    Don't really blame them in either case for suspecting the worse but it was innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Don't really blame them in either case for suspecting the worse but it was innocent.
    ya but it was just interesting to me how some people here looked at the two cases so differently when they seem so similar.

ya but it was just interesting to me how some people here looked at the two cases so differently when they seem so similar.
    They aren't, Cops Accusing Employees of Poison is a serious allegation of Attempted Murder.

Nascar didn't accuse anybody of a crime but believed someone committed Racist Hate Crime.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.