Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Strzok's notes of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting on Jan. 4 now confirm that the WH was directly involved in the "crucifixion" of Michael Flynn. We now know that Biden bald-faced lied about his lack of involvement in the targeting of Flynn.
    So, did Michael Flynn lie, or not?

Strzok's notes of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting on Jan. 4 now confirm that the WH was directly involved in the "crucifixion" of Michael Flynn. We now know that Biden bald-faced lied about his lack of involvement in the targeting of Flynn.
    Got any links? This was all I could find

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/str...den-flynn-case

Because these appear to be all of it -

The notes state: “VP: ‘Logan Act,’ P: These are unusual times. VP: I’ve been on intel committee for ten years and I never. P: Make sure you look over things and have the right people on it. P: Is there anything I shouldn’t be telling the transition team? D: Flynn-> Kislyak calls but appear legit.”
    I'm legitimately not sure what the bombshell is?

It largely backs up the content of the Susan Rice email, which already covered this ground, and adds nothing new - https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/polit...ynn/index.html

I mean, all of this continue to be immaterial because Flynn fucking lied to the FBI and then plead guilty to lying to the FBI.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, did Michael Flynn lie, or not?
    Perhaps you would too if your were threatened with prosecution of your son.

This is the kind of horseshit that happens when Obama specifically asked Comey to get 'the right people' to look into the Flynn matter.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Did my son do anything wrong?

Actually, scratch that. I wouldn't lie either way. I don't think, "I lied to try to protect my son, so I shouldn't be in trouble for lying to the FBI." is a valid legal defense in court.

This is the kind of horseshit that happens when Obama specifically asked Comey to get 'the right people' to look into the Flynn matter.
    And who were "the right people", exactly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Got any links? This was all I could find

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/str...den-flynn-case

Because these appear to be all of it -

I'm legitimately not sure what the bombshell is?

It largely backs up the content of the Susan Rice email, which already covered this ground, and adds nothing new - https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/polit...ynn/index.html

I mean, all of this continue to be immaterial because Flynn fucking lied to the FBI and then plead guilty to lying to the FBI.
    Yet you're completely oblivious to the lies and abuse of political power here. Are you really that blind?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Yet you're completely oblivious to the lies and abuse of political power here. Are you really that blind?
    Lay it out for me then, champ. Because at worst I'm seeing gross assumptions based off of perceived innuendo in service of validating a narrative that's been difficult to prop up over the past 3ish years.

Flynn called Kislyak.
    Flynn talked government with Kislyak.
    Flynn lied about those talks to Trump and Pence.
    Flynn was fired by Trump for lying about those talks.
    Flynn was investigated by the FBI.
    Flynn lied to the FBI.
    Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI.
    Conservatives have been trying to rally around and protect Flynn this whole time despite this timeline of events.

Am I missing something here? Did Obama mind control Flynn and force him to do this stuff at any point or something?

Well, perhaps I wouldn't find myself in secretive and illegal meetings with foreign agents, and then lie about those meetings to the FBI.

Maybe you should stop shilling for corrupt asshats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did my son do anything wrong?

Actually, scratch that. I wouldn't lie either way. I don't think, "I lied to try to protect my son, so I shouldn't be in trouble for lying to the FBI." is a valid legal defense in court.

And who were "the right people", exactly?
    on January 4, 2017, the FBI filed their closing communication in the D.C. field office citing that Flynn had “no contact” with the Russian individual (whose name is redacted from the release), and that “CROSSFIRE RAZOR was no longer a viable candidate as part of the larger CROSSFIRE HURRICANE umbrella case.”

On that same day, Strzok intervened to keep the investigation open...the very same day that he met with Obama, Biden, Comey, etal in the White House.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, perhaps I wouldn't find myself in secretive and illegal meetings with foreign agents, and then lie about those meetings to the FBI.

Maybe you should stop shilling for corrupt asshats.
    Flynn's prosecution was a political hit job and a clear abuse of power. Maybe you're the one who should stop shilling for corrupt asshats.

on January 4, 2017, the FBI filed their closing communication in the D.C. field office citing that Flynn had “no contact” with the Russian individual (whose name is redacted from the release), and that “CROSSFIRE RAZOR was no longer a viable candidate as part of the larger CROSSFIRE HURRICANE umbrella case.”

On that same day, Strzok intervened to keep the investigation open...the very same day that he met with Obama, Biden, Comey, etal in the White House.
    So, he didn't meet with him?

Flynn disagrees.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Flynn's prosecution was a political hit job and a clear abuse of power. Maybe you're the one who should stop shilling for corrupt asshats.
    Flynn admitted to his crimes, on more than one occasion. Getting people to lie in order to catch them in those lies... is what investigators and interrogators do.

So, why do you support such corrupt people like Trump and Flynn so damn much? What a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Flynn is every bit as innocent as Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson... if those other two had admitted to judges on two separate occasions that they committed their crimes.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...y-information/

Linking sources helps.

But I fail to see how that has any impact on Flynn lying to the FBI about his communications. The communications may not have been criminal, but his lying about them was.

Edit: I'll point out, this remains the tactic of conservatives.

Claim that this is predicated on an underlying crime and that said underlying crime not existing invalidates everything afterwards and proves his innocence.

It wasn't about the "underlying crime", it was always about Flynn lying to the FBI. Period.

If the FBI suspects me of money laundering and hauls me in for an interview, fine. I haven't laundered money, so I'm in the clear! But, if during that interview I lie about unrelated matters, I've still fucking lied to the FBI during an investigation which is still a crime. They're not gonna get me for money laundering but that doesn't change the fact that, in the course of their investigation into my potential money laundering, that I committed a separate crime.

It's a particularly bad-faith argument.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-06-29 at 09:07 PM.

doc with another classic pot kettle, still peddling the debunked "his son" angle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m sorry, wasn’t Trump supposed to kick out the deep state foreign agents and lobbyist? Because Flynn is a lobbyist for Turkey and forgot to register as a foreign agent. On top of that, the meeting Flynn did have with Russians, pointed at telling Russia that Trump’s team will have closer ties than Obama, while Obama had sanctions against Russia.

I would go on, but there is another thread for Russians paying off Taliban to kill American troops...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account

Flynn disagrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Flynn admitted to his crimes, on more than one occasion. Getting people to lie in order to catch them in those lies... is what investigators and interrogators do.

So, why do you support such corrupt people like Trump and Flynn so damn much? What a shame.
    Woooooosh! You either deliberately avoided addressing my point or, worse yet, are incapable of understanding it.

Let me spell it out for you. Obama and Biden were directly involved, they wanted Flynn nailed and wanted to make sure that the 'right people' at the FBI were in on it in order to make sure it happened. On January 4, 2017, the date of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting, it became a political hit job. I'm incredulous that you and your ilk think this kind of abuse of power is somehow acceptable. As such, I see no honor among your kind...in your zeal to 'win at all costs', you self-righteously focus on a heavy-handed FBI threat and coerced guilty plea (as if this is 'right as rain' in your world) and then are completely oblivious to the abuse of power and level of corruption involved by Obama/Biden/Comey. For God's sake, both Obama and Biden were directly involved in this entrapment! Obama wanted the 'right people' on it and Biden suggested using the Logan Act as the pretense. Anyone who believes that this is somehow acceptable needs to have their head examined imo.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2020-06-29 at 09:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woooooosh! You either deliberately avoided addressing my point or, worse yet, are incapable of understanding it.

Let me spell it out for you. Obama and Biden were directly involved, they wanted Flynn nailed and wanted to make sure that the 'right people' at the FBI were in on it in order to make sure it happened. On January 4, 2017, the date of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting, it became a political hit job. I'm incredulous that you and your ilk think this kind of abuse of power is somehow acceptable. As such, I see no honor among your kind...in your zeal to 'win at all costs', you self-righteously focus on a heavy-handed FBI threat and coerced guilty plea (as if this is 'right as rain' in your world) and then are completely oblivious to the abuse of power and level of corruption involved. For God's sake, both Obama and Biden were both directly involved in this entrapment! Obama wanted the 'right people' on it and Biden suggested using the Logan Act as the pretense. Anyone who believes that this is somehow acceptable needs to have their head examined imo.

This statement comes from a Trump supporter lmfao.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... because Flynn did meet with the Russians... Strzok was right to intervene...

Let me spell it out for you. Obama and Biden were directly involved, they wanted Flynn nailed and wanted to make sure that the 'right people' at the FBI were in on it in order to make sure it happened. On January 4, 2017, the date of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting, it became a political hit job. I'm incredulous that you and your ilk think this kind of abuse of power is somehow acceptable. As such, I see no honor among your kind...in your zeal to 'win at all costs', you self-righteously focus on a heavy-handed FBI threat and coerced guilty plea (as if this is 'right as rain' in your world) and then are completely oblivious to the abuse of power and level of corruption involved. For God's sake, both Obama and Biden were both directly involved in this entrapment! Obama wanted the 'right people' on it and Biden suggested using the Logan Act as the pretense. Anyone who believes that this is somehow acceptable needs to have their head examined imo.
    This is bullshit conspiracy theory. Obama’s team briefed Trump’s team on Flynn’s dealings and explicitly warned Trump’s team to not hire him.

Trump officials were warned about Mike Flynn at least 6 separate times before removing him
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...russia-2017-12

AP
    The first warning came from President Barack Obama on November 10.
    A former Obama White House official confirmed to Business Insider on Monday that Obama cautioned Trump against appointing Flynn "based on the president's experience with Flynn in his administration."

"President Obama underscored with President-elect Trump how important a role the NSA is — and how it demanded a serious person with sound judgment, impeccable credentials, and unimpeachable character," the official said, referring to the National Security Agency. "In other words, [Obama] relied heavily on his national security advisers and wanted to convey how critical the job had been in our administration."
    Why did Obama warn Trump?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    This statement comes from a Trump supporter lmfao.....
    Obama him self warned Trump about Flynn... what sort of idiotic conspiracy is this? If Trump just listened to Obama, this whole scheme by Obama would have failed! Obama is like a super villain, he taunted Trump with his plan, before he set it in motion.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-29 at 09:37 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Obama and Biden were directly involved, they wanted Flynn nailed and wanted to make sure that the 'right people' at the FBI were in on it in order to make sure it happened.
    Projection and assumption based off of scant notes that do not clearly indicate anything of the sort.

On January 4, 2017, the date of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting, it became a political hit job.
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/why-flyn...was-predicated

Wrong, there was good reason to interview him even if the content of the calls wasn't at-issue. His lies to the vice president, which were what got him fired by Trump, are sufficient grounds.

I'm incredulous that you and your ilk think this kind of abuse of power is somehow acceptable.
    Because there remains no clear evidence of any abuse of power that doesn't rely on innuendo, projection, and assumption.

As such, I see no honor among your kind...in your zeal to 'win at all costs', you self-righteously focus on a heavy-handed FBI threat and coerced guilty plea (as if this is 'right as rain' in your world) and then are completely oblivious to the abuse of power and level of corruption involved.
    There is no evidence or suggestion that his guilty plea was coerced in the slightest. If it was, the DoJ wouldn't have had any issues getting the case instantly dropped. Why didn't the DoJ make this argument if it is true?

For God's sake, both Obama and Biden were both directly involved in this entrapment!
    I don't think Flynn being a shady character or lying is out of character given his history, so even if we entertain the notion that this was "entrapment", it doesn't fit the definition of it.

But I'm not sure how Obama and Biden, who didn't have any role in the actual investigation proper, "entrapped" Flynn.

Obama wanted the 'right people' on it and Biden suggested using the Logan Act as the pretense.
    What does "the right people" mean, specifically? Backed up with evidence, not guesswork that simply supports your narrative.

Remember, you're basing all of this off of notes that don't even have a confirmed date that they were made. And these were the notes -

VP: ‘Logan Act,’ P: These are unusual times. VP: I’ve been on intel committee for ten years and I never.
    He never what? Saw a violation? Saw it used? You're filling in some huge wholes with wishful thinking, my dude.

7+ Year Old Account

Flynn disagrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me spell it out for you. Obama and Biden were directly involved, they wanted Flynn nailed and wanted to make sure that the 'right people' at the FBI were in on it in order to make sure it happened. On January 4, 2017, the date of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting, it became a political hit job. I'm incredulous that you and your ilk think this kind of abuse of power is somehow acceptable. As such, I see no honor among your kind...in your zeal to 'win at all costs', you self-righteously focus on a heavy-handed FBI threat and coerced guilty plea (as if this is 'right as rain' in your world) and then are completely oblivious to the abuse of power and level of corruption involved. For God's sake, both Obama and Biden were directly involved in this entrapment! Obama wanted the 'right people' on it and Biden suggested using the Logan Act as the pretense. Anyone who believes that this is somehow acceptable needs to have their head examined imo.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2020-06-29 at 09:41 PM.

Let me spell it out for you. Obama and Biden were directly involved, they wanted Flynn nailed and wanted to make sure that the 'right people' at the FBI were in on it in order to make sure it happened. On January 4, 2017, the date of the Obama/Biden/Comey meeting, it became a political hit job. I'm incredulous that you and your ilk think this kind of abuse of power is somehow acceptable. As such, I see no honor among your kind...in your zeal to 'win at all costs', you self-righteously focus on a heavy-handed FBI threat and coerced guilty plea (as if this is 'right as rain' in your world) and then are completely oblivious to the abuse of power and level of corruption involved by Obama/Biden/Comey. For God's sake, both Obama and Biden were directly involved in this entrapment! Obama wanted the 'right people' on it and Biden suggested using the Logan Act as the pretense. Anyone who believes that this is somehow acceptable needs to have their head examined imo.
    Oh, I addressed it, you are doing your best to shill for corrupt asshats. That's what you Trumpsters do.

Obama warned Trump that Flynn was corrupt, Trump ignored him. Trump hired him, and FLynn proceeded to do what he did. Trump then kept him on, knowing he'd lied, and only got rid of him once the public found out about it.

Meanwhile, you are not angry at Trump for firing him... why not? Oops, that's rather embarrassing for you.

Let's continue further. You are now shilling for one of the most corrupt administrations in history,Please, keep shilling for corrupt racists, I expect nothing else.

"It's entrapment, they caught me in a lie!!!"

Trump supporters talking about what is acceptable, now that's fucking hilarious. Seriously, you all decided sexual assault, racism, abuse of power, authoritarianism, ethno-nationalism, sexism, and rampant corruption to be acceptable. Nobody believes a fucking word you are saying, because you already sold any arguments you could possibly make down the river a long time ago.

The only response that ever needs to be made against any of you guys when you try and make any of these arguments.

"Dude, you're a Trump supporter."

That's checkmate, each and every fucking time.

10+ Year Old Account
    He never what? Saw a violation? Saw it used? You're filling in some huge wholes with wishful thinking, my dude.
    This is a set up, where the perpetrator gives up the whole game at the start. Obama couldn’t have both, been setting up Flynn and warning Trump about Flynn. It doesn’t make any sense... Obama was right and didn’t hold some spite against Trump. Obama was simply right, just like he was about Russia, Pandemic Response and Justice Reform. Trump is being an incompetent baboon who trusts despots over Obama, is not Obama’s problem.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what half a million to your national defense advisor gets you in Trump administration? The ability to bomb the shit out of our allies and get a week of sanctions as a response. After all, that’s what Flynn got Turkey for his 500000, by letting them destroy Kurds, who have been fighting with our troops against terrorist for almost 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Obama him self warned Trump about Flynn... what sort of idiotic conspiracy is this? If Trump just listened to Obama, this whole scheme by Obama would have failed! Obama is like a super villain, he taunted Trump with his plan, before he set it in motion.
    Well you see, Obama knew Trump would do the exact opposite of anything he suggested, so by telling him not to hire Flynn, he was guaranteeing that Trump would hire Flynn!