Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    they said specifically at the beginning of alpha that almost all of the large changes would be made early and iterated on. spriest will likely get something soonish but if you were hoping for large scale anything for classes you are probably going to be dissapointed.

people constantly complaining that they change classes every xpac. so they didnt this time. and people whos classes are fundamentally ok are skill crying about "nothing changing. getting stale" ...
    Fundamentally ok. HAHAHAHAHA

They did say that at the start of Alpha. "What you see is what you get". Anyone hoping for large sweeping changes now is delusional.

Shadowlands is BfA class design with minor improvements. MINOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    End game is going to make or break this expansion as always. Testing should be soon, but I cant wait.

I actually wouldn't hate it if the Maw was oppressively dark, as long as there were items/pickups scattered around that give you a small window of visibility. Kind of like the dark spider section of Vault of the Wardens. [8:51]

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    God I hope sets don't come back at all. Fuck catering to the braindead fucks who liked sets. All they do is trivialize gearing.

There's no way to bring them back into the game that won't trivialize the gearing process.
    It will already by sort of trivialized, with no titanforging or similar stuff.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sets give fun bonuses and can change gameplay

TF gave bigger ilvl

Big difference unless you think trivialize means making the gearing process have an end goal in which case #teamtrivialize

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    End game is going to make or break this expansion as always. Testing should be soon, but I cant wait.
    I mean endgame will have

Pvp X
    M+ with new affixes X
    The 10 boss raid X
    A reworked emissaries system X
    Torghast
    The maw X
    Legendary chasing X
    Covenant progression X

X=untested

we need the endgame stuff lol luckily that might be Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ssets and azerite r the same "piece of gear from specific boss that increases my dps by 10% even if its lower ilvl" ive heard azerite complaints before. Its the same thing
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Build today hopefully. I wanna see some juicy class changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring forth the Maw.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing DH (my main) on alpha is so... horrible jesus, what have they done, seems so boring and soporific now

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Playing DH (my main) on alpha is so... horrible jesus, what have they done, seems so boring and soporific now
    I hate their absolute conviction to keep the class braindead simple and not give it more buttons that it clearly deserves. Obviously it goes beyond just needing more buttons but they refuse to do anything.

DH peak (for me) was at the start of Legion when they had the fel rush/vengeful retreat build. That was skillful. As Legion continued onward, Havoc devolved into Chaos Strike spam.

They could give DH a third spec that focuses on proper usage of stealth mechanics to add complexity for more veteran players. Think of it like subtlety for rogue, but with its own unique gameplay mechanics and lore flavors (if Havoc focuses on being front-line fighters, this spec would fill a role similar to a demonic assassin). Havoc could still cater to newer players, or those who prefer simpler rotations.

Everybody wins.

Tell them on the forums. They seem to be listening and have a very pro active approach so far to classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Tell them on the forums. They seem to be listening and have a very pro active approach so far to classes.
    Except if you still play Shadow Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I hate their absolute conviction to keep the class braindead simple and not give it more buttons that it clearly deserves. Obviously it goes beyond just needing more buttons but they refuse to do anything.

DH peak (for me) was at the start of Legion when they had the fel rush/vengeful retreat build. That was skillful. As Legion continued onward, Havoc devolved into Chaos Strike spam.
    The biggest problem with that build is that it's just unworkable in a good number of situations, such as bosses with very tight positioning requirements or some M+ dungeons were veering even slightly off the beaten path can very easily pull a pack and wipe you nigh instantly. Plus having to use your mobility tools for damage never feels that great IMO. There should be room for a more complex Havoc playstyle for sure, but I don't think Momentum is the way to go, not in a game like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Except if you still play Shadow Priest.
    More than half the specs are being ignored.

Paying attention to Druids, Shamans and occasionally Paladins is hardly a pro-active approach to classes.

You lost azerite that’s what

“Soulbinds and conduits will fix it”

That’s the only excuse currently

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Ssets and azerite r the same "piece of gear from specific boss that increases my dps by 10% even if its lower ilvl" ive heard azerite complaints before. Its the same thing
    It’s not though

Sets are an easy target
    They effect gameplay
    You remember the sets
    Raids can be balanced with them in mind
    Easier to tune

Azerite is about 80% passive and 100% BS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Paying attention to Druids, Shamans and occasionally Paladins is hardly a pro-active approach to classes.
    I’m wondering why they haven’t realized that the night fae covenant ability for druids is an easy fix

Form based two spell spam
    Fuck healing on my balance Druid I wanna be a turret

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    More than half the specs are being ignored.
    Dps monks are still bugged on live

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Except Azerite was meant to be a replacement for 3 separate systems that propped up classes or changed the way they played in Legion:

1. Legendaries
    2. Artifact weapon traits AND their abilities
    3. Tier bonuses

Blizzard were crazy in thinking that a bunch of lackluster passives would make up for all of that.

Do ya’ll expect a Beta???

I have a feeling launch/beta is gonna be super soon, early August...when the promo sale ends

I don't think they are willing to do any truly major changes to the classes, just tweaks and tuning.