Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    M+ totally don't care for it and has hurt my enjoyment of the game as when i was a raider was expected to do it for gear to help progression or just b.c. i was a tank...

in legion add in mage tower, the "tank" version left such a bad taste in my mouth for not being a true tank challenge i lost all interest in it for all specs/classes.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I scored very high in EQ, so I can understand people having fun just fine, even if I cannot enjoy what they do.

And I guess random BGs is where my enjoyment goes to die. Have no issues with rated pvp.

Any PvP after MoP and anything pet battle related.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand people who love fishing in WoW. It's the most tedious thing ever.

Grinding AP for the highest possible neck level.
    I got two guys in my guild grinding out the neck all day every day for the maximum amount of AP they can get their hands on and I just don't understand what kind of fun they get from it. Especially considering the power gain is minuscule at best. For comparison, I'm at 91 and can't even bring myself to do the island cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Pet Battles. I don't get the enjoyment, at all. If you want to do that shit, play pokemon or something, geeez!!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    thing is....PVP in MMOs is kinda a love or hate it kinda thing especially with world PVP when the ganker absolutely loves the thrill..pretty good chance the Gankee doesn't like being the target.
    The eternal question is "why is the gankee choosing to be a target?" especially now that opting out of world PvP is so easy and hassle free. If it's about the 10% warmode bonus, then there is definitely a profound lack of understanding of the concept of risk versus reward by some people. Hint: everyone in warmode is supposed to be in for the PvP, so there is nothing wrong with attacking others first to preemptively protect yourself. The only problem with war mode is in people's head. Going in with the expectation that enemies are going to be cooperative is absurd.

You don't queue to a battleground with the expectation that enemy players won't kill you. Warmode is the same.

Also MMOs by design have everything made with PVE in mind
    Yeah, mmo are indeed often pretty poorly designed. I often find that when I find wow enjoyable, it's in spite of the designers intentions, rather than thanks to them.

PVP is just extra fluff on top so you might always have that problem of one mode ruining the other.
    As a pvper, I think the same about pve. Perhaps both sides should get better at acknowledging that the other side have a right to enjoy what they enjoy and not be treated as a marginal part of the playerbase.
    Last edited by wraysbury; 2020-07-01 at 12:19 PM.

PvP I suppose. Thing is I like games like Rocket League or CSGO where it's very much skill-based multiplayer but a game like WoW on the PVP side is just not balanced enough to make it enjoyable IMO. That's the thing with classes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    PVP in wow. There's a godzilion games with better pvp then wow.
    There might be better PvP games out there, sure. With better balance and better general support for it.

But... there is no other game LIKE WoW PvP. If you enjoy shooters, there is a plethora to choose from with lots of different game modes. If you enjoy mobas, there are lots of mobas to choose from. If you enjoy card games, there are lots of card games to choose from. But if you enjoy WoW Arena, there is nothing like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    endless bickering about lore and characters as if they were real and their opinion on it mattered

Ding ding ding ding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet Battles.
    Which is weird because the only thing I cared about when I played was collecting mounts, toys and transmogs. I guess I never really got into that

Pet Battles, jesus christ, is there anything slower than that? Its so easy as well. Just find pets that do plus damage and take less damage, voila and you win.

Leveling up pets is also tedious as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What are some of the things in WoW you see other people enjoying and you simply dont understand the reason why or dont care for them?

I personally never understood the fascination with mount collection and character customization options.
    And both this things are huge crowd pleasers at Blizzcons...to this day i never understand the reason why they are so hugely appreciated.
    Pet battles, pet collection
    PvP
    Playing the AH

I get character customization to a point, but in practice, you're staring at your characters ass 99.9% of the time, so.....

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pet Battles, and really, pets in general.
    I could just never get into them.
    They make dungeons, release new pets, even sell them for cash in the shop.
    I get why people like them, whether it's because it looks cool or cute or whatever.
    It's just not for me.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    mythic+, mythic raiding, pet battles.

But like so many others mentioned; it's an "I just don't care for it", I fully understand it and in some cases I used to love it (mythic raiding).
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Cosmetics, pet battles, pvp, fishing, minigames, questing, auction house grinding, and leveling.

I like raiding and mythic+ and the gameplay itself sometimes. I like social interactions with my friends while playing. I like the feeling of character progression and improvement both throughput and utility. I like benchmarking and examining logs. That's about it.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-07-01 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post

PvP is the main feature for me in WoW and I don't even play arenas.
    Same for me. I love world PvP, BG's, duels. But Arenas frustrate me a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the AH, I just don't understand the appeal of it. Most other things in the game I can understand the appeal of even if I don't enjoy the activity, but I really don't understand the appeal of playing the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP. And it isn't that I'm not good at it (quite the opposite in fact), but rather the shitty/childish behavior that PvP tends to bring out of people.

Mind you, that isn't exclusive to WoW - far from it, in fact. But WoW is the game I play most, when I'm actually playing, so I've seen it the most there.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.