Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nothing here is inspiring and makes me think I would like to use them.
    If I may, I’d like to ask you to take the time to rationally explain us all exactly why and how you feel that the red, purple or green facial tattoos already in game are waaaaay more inspiring than a blue or an orange one could ever be. :-D

Markings customization was finally uncoupled from hair color last week (after I posted my mockups actually, so I already got a huge part of what I was asking/hoping for) and now they are separated there is no reason why they couldn’t have more colors considering that the recolor of such a small texture probably takes about 10 seconds. In fact, they could very easily add new shapes also.

Of course, you might have meant that you would want the facial markings totally removed because they are not inspiring to you overall...
    But that makes no sense, as you can always play a night elf female without markings?

IMHO more options the better. Take the silver options for blood elf jewelry for example. I don’t like the silver color for a blood elf, and I am sure I won’t use it. In fact, I even find it somewhat breaks the default racial appearance which is about gold and red (just think of the heritage set). Yet some other player might find it the best match to their armor, so I still think it’s cool that there is such option regardless of the fact that I don’t personally care for it, and wouldn’t have asked for it.

TLDR: many new customization features are just extra options: as such, they do not always need to be astonishing or inspiring to be appreciated by someone, and therefore even a tiny addition can be a perk worth of adding when it is extremely easy to do so.

But sure, haters gotta hate, so you are totally free to disapprove of a small texture recolor if that makes you feel witty and cool. :-)

Personally, I am pretty confident all sorts of colors and shapes could find happy users in-game if they were added:

Last edited by Astranea; 2020-07-01 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    If I may, I’d like to ask you to take the time to rationally explain us all exactly why and how you feel that the red, purple or green facial tattoos already in game are waaaaay more inspiring than a blue or an orange one could ever be. :-D...
    Don't take someone's sour grapes as indicative of what everyone thinks. They probably just wanted to voice their opinion and didn't think to add anything constructive. All the ideas were good ones and would appeal to some people and not to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    You can make someone who looks very similar to how I imagine Dath'remar Sunstrider probably looked, so I'm assuming you advocates are pretty happy, right?

(I forgot his eyebrows!)
    Oh, high elves are pretty cool.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Void elves make Highborne customisations unnecessary!

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Enough with this nonsense. Highborne replacement horde fan. They basically think that blizzard transferred the Highborne legacy of the night elves to the horde via blood elves and now Nightborne - as if the original doesn't exist on the night elf, and other races in the same species type are somehow forbidden to share the most common elven trait - arcane magic and pristine elegance.

The Thalassians and Nightborne have it because they're from night elves. But no one questions other sub-races and off shoots having strong features of the core race in them - and no one assumes that because these secondary races and sub-races have these cultural aspects from the core/original race, that they are somehow replacing them.

Do Forsaken, Kul'tiran and Gilnean having cities, arcane magic and priesthoods replace the fact that humans have them?
    What about darkspears and forest trolls and Zanadalari?
    Or Tauren, Taunka and Highmountain?
    or Draenei and Lightforged - are Lightforged having a strong light tradition replacing that in the Draenei?

SO why would Nightborne being Nightborne after the kaldorei pre-sundering culture somehow replace the Kaldorei's existing Highborne or the race's capacity to live in an urban environment?

It's horde fan replacement theory, he's so convinced now, that he can't even see the purple skin tones - I mean seriously? The night elf is shades of purple all through. With only 2 options I think lacking any tinge.

1. The Night elf Highborne is a legitimate part of lore and a fantasy that existed before both the Void Elf and the Nightborne - so if anything, night elves have more right to it than Nightborne

2. By your logic, we might as well delete every old race with the new ones, because they effectively do the same thing with shinier models. So we can delete Tauren, because Highmountain have all the features they do, and it makes them irrelevant. Same with Draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a night elf, not a high elf. Night Elf.

I really want Night Elf paladins after all of these cool new customization options! I can see it now: Night Elf paladin, "Dath'Remar" customizations, Night Fae Covenant, wooden "plate" armor, and lunar-ish Covenant abilities. Yes, please!

Were highborne ever necessary?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Enough with this nonsense. Highborne replacement horde fan. They basically think that blizzard transferred the Highborne legacy of the night elves to the horde via blood elves and now Nightborne - as if the original doesn't exist on the night elf, and other races in the same species type are somehow forbidden to share the most common elven trait - arcane magic and pristine elegance.
    Night elves are lowborn.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    highborne ever necessary?

Night elves are lowborn.
    As I am sure you must know by now the Shen’dralar are Highborne, and they rejoined the Night Elves in Cataclysm - long before the Nightborne were invented. :-)

As for necessary... well gosh, the only truly necessary thing in life is food I suppose... plus shelter depending on where you live... so no, obviously the Highborne Night Elves are not necessary. Or at least not any more than the Wildhammer Dwarves, WoW, any other videogame, or even a computer. :-P

But since we already have a pc and play games and this one has customizations, maybe the more the better? Most people are just asking for some more jewelry (gold, more shapes of earrings and headdresses), a couple of extra skin tones (brighter saturated colors) and a choice of neater haircuts and beards, which would hardly result lore-shattering. Also, if they were added and you didn’t like them, you’d be totally free not to use them on your own characters. So, you see, there’s no actual reason to deny someone else a chance for pixel happiness. ;-)
    Last edited by Astranea; 2020-07-02 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    As I am sure you must know by now the Shen’dralar are Highborne, and they rejoined the Night Elves in Cataclysm - long before the Nightborne were invented. :-)
    Shen'dralar are still a retcon of Warcraft 3, which stated that only naga and blood elves are highborne.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I really want Night Elf paladins after all of these cool new customization options! I can see it now: Night Elf paladin, "Dath'Remar" customizations, Night Fae Covenant, wooden "plate" armor, and lunar-ish Covenant abilities. Yes, please!
    Now that is a reasonable request and have ground because of Legion.

We also saw night elf paladins in woa dungeons, night elf paladin with white light sounds like a great future storyline..the priesthood being angry about the teldrassil and started to pick up some weapons etc.. sounds good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Its true, the nightborne were invented to fill in just that niche people were asking for. We have the highborne playable on the horde and reinforce their arcane herritage with blood elves in there as well. I dont understand what is so hard to understand. You are unhappy nightborne happened, but in fact you should be happy because this is exactly what you wanted... just not on the alliance/night elf side.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-07-02 at 08:54 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Shen'dralar are still a retcon of Warcraft 3, which stated that only naga and blood elves are highborne.
    there's also Highborne in Rexxar campaign imo
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    there's also Highborne in Rexxar campaign imo
    I didn't remember them.

They are a different elf sub-group, a variant on blood elves, not a replacement for Highborne or night elves. Unless you think every new sub-race is meant to replace existing races. I can assure you, that is not the intention for their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its true, the nightborne were invented to fill in just that niche people were asking for. We have the highborne playable on the horde and reinforce their arcane herritage with blood elves in there as well. I dont understand what is so hard to understand. You are unhappy nightborne happened, but in fact you should be happy because this is exactly what you wanted... just not on the alliance/night elf side.
    It's not true, you guys trying to make Nelves into some different species, they are meant to be the elf originals, not something entirely different. Blood elves are a variation of them, not some distinct entity.

Nightborne happening is like Highmountain happening, they don't replace the original Tauren or Highborne and night elven civilization.

You should take a look at what I had to say in the other topic. I'll quote for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

• Just because blood elves are beautiful doesn't mean night elves being beautiful loses blood elf identity. In fact night elf females are more beautiful but in a different way. Blood elves are elves from night elves - this shouldn't surprise you, Night elves aren't worgen or night fae, but elves)
    • Just because night elves have long ears doesn't mean night elves having that to makes blood elves lose their identity, in fact night elf ears are longer and different
    • Just because blood elves do arcane magic, doesn't mean night elves doing so makes blood elves lose their identity, in fact night elves arcane mastery is written as more advanced with a different focus more star moon based - this shouldn't surprise you - whether heavily prevalent now or in the past or in the future. In fact Night elves have it to a larger extent.
    • Just because blood elves have a fancy magical city, doesn't mean night elves having one makes blood elves lose their identity, in fact the night elf pre sundering cities have different colour schemes building styles despite some similarities. In fact night elven ones were bigger and more marvellous

Because they are elves you find they share a lot of things, they just do them differently. This shouldn't surprise you, Night elves aren't troll or Cenarians, but elves

And did you notice that the original version is always bigger, more purer? Whether it's size of body or city, degree of mastery, length of arms or ears or level - night elves are made to be the bigger - the more complete - I didn't write this.

As the parent elf group, night elves have all the key things blood elves do plus more, and in a diversified way (just like the ears, beauty, eyebrows etc). They aren't meant to do be entirely different. that's what a different race is for.

Sure night elves have a strong forest magic and unique priesthood blood elves don't have, but they also have a shared arcane legacy and aptitude where they are more similar..

It’s a fallacy that night elves have to be totally different for blood elves to feel like they have an identity;
    • - that they can't do arcane magic well or have a large or any Highborne/arcane order/culture,
    • that they can't or shouldn't have stunning night elven cities

Simply because it somehow makes them too similar to blood elves or are taking the blood elf spot - that's a poor argument, why not remove such from humans and every other race while you're at it/cos it's infringing on blood elves, least of all night elves who are the originator of such things in elves. As it stands, Nelves are already different and feel different, and yes, this is even with night elven Highborne and even with a city pre-sundering style, night elves are going to feel different to blood elves because their style and focus is different and their package combo is different. They have an organised priesthood and druidic philosophy alongside their arcane Highborne type. This aspect doesn't need to be downplayed or disappear because it is similar to Blood elves - sin'dorei are elves ffs, and are so because of Nelves, they're supposed to be based on them. I'd understand if night elves were sun focused and had near identical buildings and lay out - like high elves are, but this is not the case and you guys are going too far.

Now Nightborne is different, the way they do arcane and cities is going to be near identical to night elves, but you are wrong if you thinking this is bad because Nightborne identity is lost – Nightborne have the night elven arcane and civilization culture and identity because they're a night elf based group, they are supposed to be the same because that is what Nightborne is based on - it's more ridiculous to complain night elf city and set up should be entirely different because of what Nightborne have - it's like saying high elves should build a totally different style and not have arcane magic because blood elves do that - this is not what having the group is supposed to illicit - it's not supposed to generate a totally different style, city type or way of doing arcane - because they're same race/culture - you switch the race if you actually want to do do something that different. The funny thing is that even with it being the same, night elves are going to feel different despite the arcane magic type and usage being identical and despite very similar cities, because of how night elf culture is more diversified.

• We expect Tauren and Highmountain cultures and cities to be both very similar. Minor variations like colour spread and shape difference but very similar, because one is based off the other.
    • We expect Lightforged Draenei to be very similar to Draenei, with minor variations again, like colour and slightly different shapes
    • We see Drakkari troll and Amani very similar yet different, and when we see Zandalari the original Troll race we see again similarity but in the grander more original format.

Well Zandalari stuff to Drakkari this is how night elves are with blood elves, the original race, the progenitor has a grander splendour - this how it is in Warcraft, blizzard did it first with the night elf, that's why night elven cities and arcane mastery is on a higher level and grander scale - and though their history is different, those things survive. How you see amani compared to Drakkari is sort how night elven Highborne is compared to Nightborne

By ignoring the clearly night elven aspects like their arcane mastery, Highborne, pre-sundering city style, kaldorei civilization, kaldorei culture in cities with its mix of Highborne and priesthood to only emphasise their forest mastery it's like you are imagining them to be a different race. If they must be completely different from blood elves in every way, than they really shouldn't be elves, at this rate in your presentation, other races are closer to blood elves than night elves are, this is not how species "type" works in warcraft - maybe in other games - but the elf sub groups and off shoots are too have major similarities and you shouldn't take the fact they have some major distinctiveness as the only thing that should define them, without which they have no purpose

Night elves are meant to have everything in their history and present (that's why they are there - yes obvious statement), no one can be that or have that but they, this part of their lore has been a part of them from day one, and even if the forest part dominates the present, the arcane parts (i.e. magic, Highborne, cities, civilization etc) is still a large part of their lore and some players imagine their night elves as 10k year old Highborne or Moon Guard in an aspect of the night elves that still is around, has a community and is very night elven.

It may not dominate the night elf scene like the druids and priests but it is iconic, desirable and has its role and place. Just because demon hunters are small doesn't make them any less distinctive unique and night elven based.

When Nelf fans want cool night elven cities, they want their racial ones from their lore off screen, they're not coveting blood elven ones, and the nightborne one is exactly that. So it shouldn't surprise you they want night elf stuff.

Highborne growing or building their own city or in charge off handling kaldorei urban planning and development as well as magical affairs doesn't make the kaldorei any less kaldorei or distinctive for being night elves as that culture, aesthetic have all been defined for them.Not does it erase their or diminish their forest identity or Elune female amazonian one

. In fact, it enhances them to have such contrast and variation as well as additionally reminding you visually and screen time wise that other elves do come from them. So blizz really should never abandon that facet, it is great use for night elves and is also quite loved even by nature lovers.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-07-02 at 09:39 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    bruh we're still fighting over Highborne customization for night elves? come one man they're literally a night elf sub-type and never mind the fact that they existed on the Alliance before the Nightborne were even conceived

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't remember them.
    the Maidens/Mistress of Shadow is heavily implied to be Highborne
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Night Elf Paladins are long overdue. They have always existed in the form of the Priestess of the Moon, which are basically battle priests. Look at Tyrande, she's a priestess who uses both magic and engages in close combat.
    Last edited by Moonrage; 2020-07-02 at 02:06 PM.

I don't get the idea of the star skintones considering they've never been shown as such in any wow media.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I don't get the idea of the star skintones considering they've never been shown as such in any wow media.
    Being creative is all, same with the star effects in the hair which is easy to imagine now vines are in.

Something that boldly declares "Kaldorei - i.e. Children of the stars", and the stars are linked to the arcane. There is so much of the night elves unknown, they could literally add anything.

e.g. we've never seen night elf children. What if night elf children were born with star reflections on their skin that faded with time into adulthood? Or some kaldorei would magically imbue the constellation pattern of their birth on their skin? others would have their sparkle like the stars. - or it's an effect that starts showing up when they use arcane magic, some have it, some don't (most visual presentations of night elves have been w/o arcane magic , the few like the Moonguard we see actually wield spell work are all covered up, and it's just 3, they could easily be 3 that didn't have this or at least not affecting the face. They could make up anything

These guys love the stars, and there is a lot to it that has yet to be explored. Although currently they only seem interestedin showing forest/feral additions - but I hope they remember that they made them children of the stars and night elves - not forest elves. And while it's great to have vines (it really is actually), it would be amazing to have something that reflects that star legacy and expand that detail to them.

it makes them feel more distinct than humans and gives them a more creative and imaginative fantasy.

But short answer it's just a creative idea based off their name.
    Last edited by Mace; 2020-07-02 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    bruh we're still fighting over Highborne customization for night elves? come one man they're literally a night elf sub-type and never mind the fact that they existed on the Alliance before the Nightborne were even conceived

the Maidens/Mistress of Shadow is heavily implied to be Highborne
    I see, they indeed are highborne. However, look how they were initially shown as blood elves, not night elves. This hints that highborne are closer to high elves than night elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, they indeed are highborne. However, look how they were initially shown as blood elves, not night elves. This hints that highborne are closer to high elves than night elves.
    Never heard of Eldre'Thalas ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

They used the Sorceress model because Blizzard didn't have a female night elf caster model and was too lazy to make one.