Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There are some truly shitty comments in this thread. People asking why he did it, or saying he shouldn't have done it. Really? He was suffering from mental illness for fucks sake. People aren't usually in a healthy state of mind when they commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There are some truly shitty comments in this thread. People asking why he did it, or saying he shouldn't have done it. Really? He was suffering from mental illness for fucks sake. People aren't usually in a healthy state of mind when they commit suicide.
    It just show how people dont know anything about mental illness. We dont do enough to spread awareness about it.

Instead, you get ignorant posts on Twitter and elsewhere, calling people idiots and asking stupid questions because they dont even know mental illness is a real disease that has to be treated like any other disease.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Wait ... why? How could he end his life when making up so much money plus a girlfriend? I thought he had his depression resolved in past? What the fuck is going on in 2020's?
    I wonder if money has the opposite affect.
    People, who are working or looking for a job, have no time to think about killing themselves.

As for the girlfriends, you must never had one.
    They just want to make you go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Seriously though, fuck that bitch. What a terrible person.
    Please explain how she's a "terrible person"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Wait ... why? How could he end his life when making up so much money plus a girlfriend? I thought he had his depression resolved in past? What the fuck is going on in 2020's?
    Depression doesn't care about money or girlfriends. You don't just "resolve" depression. In this case it seems he was bi-polar...which means he could swing anywhere between from mania to depression.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part I am relieved by the lower-than-usual level of toxicity in this thread, where I expected a bunch of misogynists to play the blame-game.

Of course some users can't help but make this place toxic.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Depression doesn't care about money or girlfriends. You don't just "resolve" depression. In this case it seems he was bi-polar...which means he could swing anywhere between from mania to depression.
    This is a lesson us Gen Xer's/Xennials/early Millenials learned when Cobain killed himself. He was literally on top of the music world when he killed himself. He had a wife and a daughter, the latter of which at least he cared very deeply about.

The conspiracies about how Courtney Love must have killed him all stemmed from these same people who couldn't understand how Kurt could have killed himself.

I have lots of friends who have hardcore depression despite being fairly wealthy and well-off. Money doesn't buy happiness, it's a myth that people like to believe because then there's a concrete way of getting out of unhappiness. The best that money can do is provide distractions - but distractions eventually fade.

I had a friend kill himself on his 30th birthday because he hadn't gotten to where he declared he "needed" to be in terms of what he wanted to do with his life, and he couldn't see a road out or a path away from his position in his life...

...the hard part is, that living in the society we created, some people honestly don't have a way out of where they find themselves. It's hard to tell a person to continue to have hope that they can survive and thrive, when society is pushing down on you constantly. Escape is a matter of luck, sometimes, and not everyone wants to wait for their luck to kick in. It's certainly harder being poor and seeing no way out, but it is still hard to be rich and not only seeing no way out, but seeing that all the "ways out" preached by society in general are just....not true.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Why would you kill yourself because someone didn't want to marry you?
    Depression.. mental instability...

Bernstein's struggle with mental illness was also well known and something he discussed frequently. The streamer spoke about being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and battles with depression, and even livestreamed therapy sessions with psychiatrist Dr. Alok Kanojia. Though Bernstein hadn't livestreamed in almost a month, he remained active on social media. Hours before his reported death, Bernstein posted a series of tweets including one which reads "ahh, i feel bad for anyone who has to deal with my insanity."
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-03 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The problem here is, he didn't took his medicine anymore and instead mushrooms, I don't think psychedelic drugs help a person who has depression and is mentally unstable.

But nonetheless it is a tragic story.
    Last edited by kodemonkee; 2020-07-03 at 03:32 AM.

Rest in Peace. Mental Health needs to be taken seriously.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    The problem here is, he didn't took his medicine anymore and instead mushrooms, I don't think psychedelic drugs help a person who has depression and is mentally unstable.

This is actually something currently being researched and has actually shown some promise in helping various mental illness' so it's not as crazy has it might seem at first glance. Perhaps they didn't help him but with mental illness seemingly becoming more common and current drugs usually not being very effective, it might be a good time to get unorthodox.

I don't know who Reckful is (although it sounds like I probably watched some of his videos over the years), but this story definitely resonates with me. Over the past four months, I've known two guys who committed suicide, and I've heard of quite a few more. It's easy to joke about wearing masks or whatever, but for a lot of people, the added stress of our current climate is proving too much to bear, and that is both awful and incredibly eye-opening.

I genuinely believe that the modern person deals with more *stress* than we ever have before in human history. Not insinuating our lives are *harder*, mind you, but society has saddled us with unrealistic expectations, where you are constantly expected to be productive in some capacity, all the while your livelihood is in constant jeopardy (how many times have you heard the phrase "you're lucky to even HAVE a job in this economy"?).

Hell, about six years ago now, I was literally homeless, and yet my current life is probably more *stressful* than back then. I have so many different things I have to constantly worry about. It's one thing to be in "survival mode", but another to feel like you're juggling ten different plates, and if you break any one of them, you lose everything you've ever worked towards. And someone occasionally just adds another plate.

I've sought help before, and I really encourage anyone else to do the same. We're all out here just trying to make it; there's no shame in needing a little help.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I don't know who Reckful is (although it sounds like I probably watched some of his videos over the years), but this story definitely resonates with me. Over the past four months, I've known two guys who committed suicide, and I've heard of quite a few more. It's easy to joke about wearing masks or whatever, but for a lot of people, the added stress of our current climate is proving too much to bear, and that is both awful and incredibly eye-opening.

I genuinely believe that the modern person deals with more *stress* than we ever have before in human history.
    Not insinuating our lives are *harder*, mind you, but society has saddled us with unrealistic expectations, where you are constantly expected to be productive in some capacity, all the while your livelihood is in constant jeopardy (how many times have you heard the phrase "you're lucky to even HAVE a job in this economy"?).

Hell, about six years ago now, I was literally homeless, and yet my current life is probably more *stressful* than back then. I have so many different things I have to constantly worry about. It's one thing to be in "survival mode", but another to feel like you're juggling ten different plates, and if you break any one of them, you lose everything you've ever worked towards. And someone occasionally just adds another plate.

I've sought help before, and I really encourage anyone else to do the same. We're all out here just trying to make it; there's no shame in needing a little help.
    thats so not true. people are weaker with each generation because we live in unprecedented time where west hasnt seen war in 80 years (thats 3 generations being born without war)

historicaly wars were where "weaker" individuals were decimated and only stronger managed to survive and then "breed" passing down strong genes to their offspring.

other reason is that parents shelter kids way to much nowadays - most people in west live in "bubble" untill they are 25-26 (end of university) and then the clash with real life is too much for them

that leads direcly to depressions etc.

that said i do think that depression alongside with obesity is the biggest danger that west is facing right now. and in future it will be only worse. really good market to invest in (and i will definetly do it in future ) are companies developing psychological aid AI.

i dont agree with the part about jobs - i know people who literaly paint walls for the living who make significantly more $$$ monthly then half of office workers in our company .

there is abundance of jobs out there - problem of many people is that they have 0 real life skills and dont want to work - they would rather spend whole day typing in excell and drinking coffee for shitty salary then put in some honest hard work .

i have this debate almost every quarter in hr/accounting departments - "Why people in production earn so much more then us" - my answer is always "well you are always welcome to come work in production department - we have plenty open positions" - noone ever came to try it .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-07-03 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats so not true. people are weaker with each generation because we live in unprecedented time where west hasnt seen war in 80 years (thats 3 generations being born without war)

historicaly wars were where "weaker" individuals were decimated and only stronger managed to survive and then "breed" passing down strong genes to their offspring.

other reason is that parents shelter kids way to much nowadays - most people in west live in "bubble" untill they are 25-26 (end of university) and then the clash with real life is too much for them

that said i do think that depression alongside with obesity is the biggest danger that west is facing right now. and in future it will be only worse. really good market to invest in (and i will definetly do it in future ) are companies developing psychological aid AI.

i dont agree with the part about jobs - i know people who literaly paint walls for the living who make significantly more $$$ monthly then half of office workers in our company .

there is abundance of jobs out there - problem of many people is that they have 0 real life skills and dont want to work - they would rather spend whole day typing in excell and drinking coffee for shitty salary then put in some honest hard work .

i have this debate almost every quarter in hr/accounting departments - "Why people in production earn so much more then us" - my answer is always "well you are always welcome to come work in production department - we have plenty open positions" - noone ever came to try it .
    Wars don't weed out any specific people, everyone suffers in wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

was wondering when the "only the weak commit suicide" commentators were roll on in.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

he how dare she not accept his proposal

"burn the witch"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    was wondering when the "only the weak commit suicide" commentators were roll on in.
    show me where in my text did i write this - i dare you

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    First time he didn’t miss lethal I guess.

Should have checked himself before he reckfuled himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This is the girl's reaction: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra64l This is a very public burden to put on someone's plate. I don't know much about her but hopefully she'll be able to cope.
    I also hope that she will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Phon View Post
    Wars don't weed out any specific people, everyone suffers in wars.
    not true. some people make fortune on wars. tragedy for some peopel is huge oportunity for others.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post

It's not that simple when it comes to medicating mental illnesses. It's not as if it's like "here's a magic pill that will solve all your problems"

it's often more like

"Well, let's try this out for a while and see how well you respond...and if it isn't working we'll try it on a higher/lower dosage for a while. And if it still isn't working after that...we'll try something else. Oh and, because one of the side effects of this pill is X, we're also gonna need to prescribe Y to keep that in check"

Meanwhile there is some data, even if much of it is anecdotal, that mushrooms can be used to treat certain conditions. And it can be very difficult to get approval to run trials to test that anecdotal data in a more controlled environment.