Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WoW has had the best MMO combat since it was released.

The closest to it would be what Wildstar put out and what they've been doing in Neverwinter Online - both of which had/have really responsive combat.

That being said there wasn't a lot of depth to Wildstar outside of not standing in the bad and the same with Neverwinter where all the classes pretty much play the same and there's not really a lot to distinguish a healer from a DPS or a tank for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    New World, you mean the "sandbox" mmorpg (sandbox aka, it s easier to tell it's a sandbox and let player loot 3 stick of wood to make fire and cook a salmon that actually putting challenging and interesting objectives into the game)
    I mean, is that so different compared to 16 years of repetitive poop picking quests? I don’t know anything about this New World game, but “challenging and interesting objectives” isn’t really in WoW’s wheelhouse either.

As for the OP, I don’t see anything particularly wrong with WoW’s combat system. Sure it’s simplistic, but that’s how the game has always been and it works for it. If you want WoW to be a different game then it’s probably just time for you to go play a different game.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2020-07-03 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Minimal approach lazy busy work game design has to go.
    I really think that the three buttons for single target offensive spells need to be targetless / frontal, off the gcd, banned from getting maccroed if this game is to survive against action combat. Overwatch style, or it won’t survive when new world releases soon.

Action combat doesn’t need more than three abilities because you’re not automatically attacking.

Changing three abilities alone won’t turn WoW into an action combat game but will just make the gameplay more fun. You still need to tab target for auto attacking.

Many abilities are already targetless frontal attacks.
    WRONG.

WoW will continue to survive despite your opinion. You might as well be a moon landing denier with how accurate your opinion is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I don't think they'd go the Runescape 3 path where they force a change upon their community. That'd definitely be a good way to kill their game long term, but short term most of us would still play because of the sunk cost fallacy

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW combat is pretty good, it's really the best there is for MMO so far.

I don't see why they should ruin that for sake of some silly experiments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minimal approach lazy busy work game design has to go.
    I really think that the three buttons for single target offensive spells need to be targetless / frontal, off the gcd, banned from getting maccroed if this game is to survive against action combat. Overwatch style, or it won’t survive when new world releases soon.

Action combat doesn’t need more than three abilities because you’re not automatically attacking.

Changing three abilities alone won’t turn WoW into an action combat game but will just make the gameplay more fun. You still need to tab target for auto attacking.

Many abilities are already targetless frontal attacks.
    I don't feel like turning WoW into Wildstar (RIP).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The only way to respond to all these posts is by repeating part of what I said that I now also added to the OP:

Auto attacking is just dull and boring. I’m just saying wow needs something to balance things out, half the combat system being dull is OK, but not all of it. This is why AoE classes like demon hunter feel so much more fun than the most boring class in the history of gaming: wow paladin.

Half the combat system is automated bot style...might as well just switch to mobile mmos at this point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is you're suggesting here.
    Same exact thing here, i just don't get it...

I have seriously no idea what are you talking about... the auto-attacking part is wrong. Auto-attacking is just a small part of one's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I have seriously no idea what are you talking about... the auto-attacking part is wrong. Auto-attacking is just a small part of one's damage.
    I don’t care about the damage. It’s just NOT FUN.
    At least remove a few abilities from the GCD and disallow macroing them. That should balance out the issue of combat dullness.

I don’t care about the damage. It’s just NOT FUN.
    At least remove a few abilities from the GCD and disallow macroing them. That should balance out the issue of combat dullness.
    Why do play wow then? You apparantly want fundamentaly different combat.

What you describe is kinda allready in ESO for example.

If WoW would turn more towards action combat i am quite sure that from the few players remaining a big part would just stop playing alltogether. Faster faster faster is not always the answer to everything. Many people don't like overwatch anymore because it got faster with every new hero.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Why do play wow then? You apparantly want fundamentaly different combat.

What you describe is kinda allready in ESO for example.

If WoW would turn more towards action combat i am quite sure that from the few players remaining a big part would just stop playing alltogether. Faster faster faster is not always the answer to everything. Many people don't like overwatch anymore because it got faster with every new hero.
    I’ll make it easy for you and everyone else to understand:

Make every class/spec as fun as DH.

I’ll make it easy for you and everyone else to understand:

Make every class/spec as fun as DH.
    Bit condescending aren't you?^^

Go through all the other threads on this site and count how many people say (including me) DH is a boring 3 button masher.

If every class would play this way i would be gone in a heartbeat^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    WoW has had the best MMO combat since it was released.

The closest to it would be what Wildstar put out and what they've been doing in Neverwinter Online - both of which had/have really responsive combat.

That being said there wasn't a lot of depth to Wildstar outside of not standing in the bad and the same with Neverwinter where all the classes pretty much play the same and there's not really a lot to distinguish a healer from a DPS or a tank for that matter.
    I agree that WoW combat is the best I've found out of all the MMORPGs that I've played. I don't know why people constantly shit on it, if it's not your cup of coffee, don't play it. I'm even in principle opposed to removing stuff from GCD, because it changes the combat quite a lot. It makes it less strategic and more twitchy.

Where are all these targetless frontal aoe attacks? And why do you keep repeating yourself? Hit your head on a wall while targetlessly frontal attacking?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Bit condescending aren't you?^^

Go through all the other threads on this site and count how many people say (including me) DH is a boring 3 button masher.

If every class would play this way i would be gone in a heartbeat^^
    I didn’t mean for this to be a reverse psychology comment when I mentioned DH.

So you do agree that at least one class is a boring three button masher.

I give up on this community and this forum and the game. July 23rd is the day I will never care about wow ever again. I trust sir medieval’s judgment on new world.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-07-03 at 12:13 PM.

Auto attacking is just dull and boring. I’m just saying wow needs something to balance things out, half the combat system being dull is OK, but not all of it. This is why AoE classes like demon hunter feels so much more fun than the most boring class in the history of gaming: wow paladin.

Half the combat system is automated bot style...might as well just switch to mobile mmos at this point...
    You realize how heavily subjective that is right?

I find DH to be boring because the rotation doesn't change between single target or AoE. While their movement is fun, the class itself falls short to me due to the rotation.

Meanwhile I love ret/prot.

Also not sure why you use auto attacks as an example of boring and then also say paladins. All of rets damage comes from burst windows with crusade and HoPo finishers, along with Holy decree (azerite trait).

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Obligatory.

OT: This idea is terrible. WoW is a MMO, not a shitty MoBA. If I wanted to play a shitty MoBA I'd play a shitty MoBA.
    That and WoW is already surviving just fgine as is. This thread is a complete waste of time.

There is a simple fix that would greatly enhance fun from playing specs and classes in WoW.

Un-tie GCD from Haste and make it 1.0 second baseline for every spec in the game
    Only Heroism (and similar) can reduce it to 0,75 bottom

I mained a hunter since 2011 and up until 7.0 prepatch the GCD was 1.0s baseline and not tied to haste at all.
    The spec was fun to play even at low gear levels upon expansion launch
    Then they decided to slap haste component and increase it to 1,5s. Which basically meant waaaaay slower gameplay than what we were used to, until last patch and biggest gear inflation.
    I quit shortly after Legion launch, one of the biggest reasons was this. Boring, slow paced gameplay with large downtime.

I didn’t mean for this to be a reverse psychology comment when I mentioned DH.

So you do agree that at least one class is a boring three button masher.

I give up on this community and this forum and the game. July 23rd is the day I will never care about wow ever again. I trust sir medieval’s judgment on new world.
    New world will surly be a fun game. But a completely different one than wow.

And yes DH is boring right now. If i compare my DH with the bars on my druid it is a desert