Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I'd move the Forsaken to the Windrunner Village (Ghostlands, Quel'thalas):
    - Gameplaywise, the same reason as above: integrate the zone into the world map instead of being on a different instance (the Outland one).
    - Lorewise, it's next to Lordaeron, on plagued lands, on a kingdom traditionally allied with them, and they can make the new story about the Forsaken containing the Scourge forces there so they don't reach Silvermoon.
    Hmmm, that could work, but then the Ghostlands map would need a complete revamp, since Windrunner Village is just a tiny hamlet in the current version - certainly not racial capital-worthy. Although if the BC starting zones were ever to be incorporated into their respective continents, the revamp should be practically taken for granted. But given the strong identity which has been going since Cata between "Forsaken" and "Lordaeron(ian)", I would still settle the Forsaken in Stratholme, or Deatholme at most. A Forsaken city in Quel'thalas would be too much of a stretch imo - especially when the main link between both, i.e. Sylvanas, is the big bad now, and the liaison was all but forgotten after BC anyway.

Using Wyrmscar Island for a brand new NE capital city sounds intriguing. That could really work, as long as the in-game story gives it a bit of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am sure you know, the other account that posts blocks of texts about night elves.
    I understand now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Using Wyrmscar Island for a brand new NE capital city sounds intriguing.
    Whats intriguing about it?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's not stealing when it is part of your identity and is from that part of it, that's still around too. Nightborne share Night elf things as a night elf sub-race, just like Highmountain share their cultural facets from the tauren, and Darkspears share what they have from the Zandalari, it's not unique to the Darkspear, it originates from the Zandalari and the Zandalari still have it.

Night elven Highborne development, or living in Suramar or a Suramar looking city is not stealing identity from Nightborne at all,. Now if Night elves were given Nightborne features not part of night elf lore, like those upturned ears or chrono magic mastery - then you could say that's stealing, because those are Nightborne developments not from the time as Kaldorei.

As you see, Nightborne have many many things that are night elven, should we accuse them of stealing them? then why does night elves having similar on their wing is now suddenly stealing - ? Is not you stating that the actual theft attempt ? Because you know Suramar and the arcane legacy there is night elven, but you are now of the position it's not night elven or shouldn't be there, that's stealing.

[COLOR=#417394]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR
    Look Ravenmoon, you clearly have a certain view on that and I respect your opinion, but it doesn't mean it's true by all means.
    It's actually a fact that the Nightborne have become their own race and suramar is part of the nightborne and it's identity. That's just how it is..
    I don't think the night elves have any buisness in Suramar anymore as stated in lore.. with the followup in legion, but we already had that conversation and this is just how it is, from then on for you it just becomes something you want, or would like to see.

Yes yes, but like I said in a previous post.. with how fragile the costumization of the nightborne is and how much work they still need.. trading certain features is not a healthy direction. This can only work if they would enhance the nightborne kit how blizz envisions them, right now they have barely any trademarks left.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Whats intriguing about it?

Well, I had never thought about that possibility, but come to think of it, it might actually work. An interesting idea, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, I had never thought about that possibility, but come to think of it, it might actually work. An interesting idea, certainly.
    But I don't get why.
    The Draenei did not even help during the burning of Teldrassil not on the Battle of Darkshore. Draenei and Night Elfs share no deeper connection. It would be super random if they choose that place from what story bits we got so far. Maybe the book goes a bit deeper into it but I would not be surprised if it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's not stealing when it is part of your identity and is from that part of it, that's still around too.
    Once a race is Horde, all their history is retroactively Horde. All their culture is retroactively Horde exclusive. They have no identity outside of the Horde, never had, and never will. Any attempt to make use of assets that existed before their Horde membership (which never happened, remember? Horde membership is retroactive!) based on common ancestry or other connections is stealing from the Horde.

Not my thoughts, just my summary of the mindset you're up against here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Once a race is Horde, all their history is retroactively Horde. All their culture is retroactively Horde exclusive. They have no identity outside of the Horde, never had, and never will. Any attempt to make use of assets that existed before their Horde membership (which never happened, remember? Horde membership is retroactive!) based on common ancestry or other connections is stealing from the Horde.

Not my thoughts, just my summary of the mindset you're up against here.
    You know, right! Reminds me of those loot grabbing hunters in classic "all loot is hunter loot" I never understood why the high elf arguments were so bitter, but i came to conclude that it was a cadre of horde fans vehemently opposed, because they didn't want the blood elf shared, and didn't care that the high elf was not only alliance first, but still on the alliance albeit unplayable. Now they do the same with the night elves, except you even have active night elven Highborne with a night elf history, arcane and advanced, fully night elven - and they're still at it, I'm just, like wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Who cares if its currently a neutral Zone currently its mostly like that because its a leveling Zone from Cataclysm and it is unchanged since then. You know, the currently pretty much hostile Tyrande, Malfurion and their army is already there, so lore wise it is not neutral anymore to begin with.

It also does not matter at all that there is already a start Zone on the Isle. First of the old content is in another phase and they would still have Teldrassil. And if they actually really revamp Azeroth they can restructure the entire thing anyways, that would be a different discussion, but in short, with level scaling they don't need specific Zones. Also they already got a new starting experience and I doubt they will go back to individual ones even if they do a revamp.
    Phasing is no problem since Darkshore is already phased and Teldrassil too, so I don't see a problem to make a phase for a new main hub in Hyjal.
    The new night elf capital can't be used for cataclysm leveling anyways, so this entire point is a no-starter

The text you referencing regarding the undead was changed, nothing about protecting the living in there anymore. Now it says more something about crafting their own future.
    You're mixing things. A capital city is not a starting zone. Having a capital city on a previous neutral zone is not the same as having a starting zone in a neutral zone.
    You can phase a starting zone when you progress on the story. Phasing in a capital city where a previous neutral zone was just makes things complicated.
    Also Teldrassil and Undercity are phased out with no replacement. You can't go in. That's completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    You're mixing things. A capital city is not a starting zone. Having a capital city on a previous neutral zone is not the same as having a starting zone in a neutral zone.
    You can phase a starting zone when you progress on the story. Phasing in a capital city where a previous neutral zone was just makes things complicated.
    Also Teldrassil and Undercity are phased out with no replacement. You can't go in. That's completely different.
    What is exactly the Problem? It phases in on max level and done, also you get a NPC somewhere in Hyjal to jump to the old version. Maybe it also just phases in on the next expansion start (10.0)
    Your proposal would need them to figure out how to get the BC Zones into the actual world and then on top of that moving the night elfs to some isle that was the starter experience of the Draenei for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Night elf fans wanting more of this or talking about it doesn't change that, nor does it mean they want that unless they have expressly stated that - which is their right if they want.

If they talk about something they like, , they can, if you read that to mean more than they are saying, that's on you. I have been accused of screaming loudly about that, in my other topic. I am talking about the presence and arcane nature of the night elf race to show it exists to those who deny it.

I am not screaming for Highborne as if they are an equally large side, and what you would probably find out is must discussions are about those that have made incorrect assumptions about night elves and the arcane - rather than arguing whether what one fan desires for the future should happen or not.
    I didn't even have to name names . Don't conflate your and the other poster's viewpoints with the fanbase for night elves. It's easy to think many share your opinion and then vaguely say 'night elf fans think X' - similarly I can just say night elf fans do not want (rightfully) a focus on Arcane now that the Highborne have been welcomed back to the society, rather have it be a subplot and a small part.

And? the Highborne are still there, whether everyone trust them or not, and they are doing their thing. They are still greatly talented, gifted and adept at magic, the arcane ability of the night elf race is still as strong now as it was then - and some people like the Highborne, so requesting customisations for them or more activity from them shouldn't surprise you . There are way smaller groups that get more screen time.

Requesting screen time also is not asking for night elves to return to pre-sundering habits of the Highborne.
    Not my point nor what I've said - I do not mind additional customization towards Highborne stuff nor do I want their absence from the story. However, I would love an actual exploration on other sides of night elven history than Highborne (which we got aplenty in Azsuna and overwhelmingly little in Val'sharah in comparison); we're getting Night Warrior stuff now yet I'd not want to forget the Druids/Night Elven nature side. The latter was especially forgotten in BFA, but this is another topic.

And the current situation is more nuanced than you are accounting for. Because Darnassian night elves are learning under the Shen'dralar and are now Highborne, do you think they are mistrusted or distrusted? Those who faithfully respected the ban for 10k years even if they were Highborne before that? what about those new night elves born after the sundering, with great arcane gifts and talents that were wasted and are only now getting training. Not guilty of any of the atrocities or abuses of the Highborne - are they worthy of being distrusted even though they are Highborne now?

In fact their number will be great than the Shen'dralar who escaped - so please tell me how night elves who chose to overcome their hate, and accept the group of Highborne who proved themselves incorruptible would be in a perpetual state of distrust towards the Highborne they've accepted?
    Yes. Arcane magic is still distrusted, reaffirmed by Tyrande's distrust towards the Nightborne in Suramar. I also question why you think their number is greated than the escaped Shen'dralar -- or rather, why you make it seem as if they are numerous. They're a marginalised group, very few in numbers in an already questionably sized population (after all - how much was lost at Teldrassil when somehow night elves can afford to send suicide squads to Nazmir and so on...)

Surely the more logical conclusion would be that the only Highborne they would trust are those that now work and live amongst them, where their priestly and druidic principles of discipline and humility (priest) and balance and harmony (druid) that are stalwart tenets would definitely affect hem and continue to be adhered by the new generation of Highborne who develop their arcane abilities and Highborne tenets of progress and development.
    Yes, that is how the Highborne can regain their trust, when they follow the current social system in place, not insert their archaic caste system to replace what's modern and new. When their actions (Teldrassil's mages, for example surely helped) show that their ideals align with the rest of the populace. That does not mean usage of Arcane itself would be adored - and instead at most tolerated, or chastised if overused.

I'm not saying that marble structures are built because they are Highborne (though some fans think so), I constantly point out Darnassus as a prime example that it's a racial attribute. . Many of the old cities were built by Highborne and Ancient druids working together - it doesn't mean that the style is exclusive to Highborne, but what it means is that with the caste returned, just like they handle arcane affairs, they would likely handle building affairs.
    Why would they handle building affairs when the night elves have done just fine until now? Also - what old cities were built by ancient druids?

And you are likely to see the level of complexity and beauty from the sundering era, in the new cities and urban centres they build. Not just wisps, but ancients, Ancients also wield arcane magic (you have arcane ancients - see Eldre'thalas - also proof that yes Highborne and nature wielders are not mutually exclusive - just that the night elves employ this a lot more than say the blood elves do - it's one of the ways their arcane and advanced societies differ, the night elves have a lot more nature in it, they did in pre-sundering times, and they would now. ] however having a lot more nature doesn't mean arcane usage is somehow less or weaker in night elves either (this is what some horde fans think, and usually where most of the discussions and arguments tend to erupt over i.e. me, my brothers, fellow night elf friends arguing against horde Belf fans who are convinced their elf group is the most powerful and magical)
    Arcane Ancient which shows how Arcane perverts Nature by transforming an Ancient into an unexplained and never-again mentioned abomination; rather I'd say the Ancient in Estulan - the only friendly Arcane Ancient (the rest are as expected, aggressive and hostile) IMO is rather put there to show that the Tower of Estulan is a place of Arcane, as it wouldn't be otherwise clear from a distant glance. Nobody is disputing (or shouldn't be) how strong or weak night elves are - Highborne are one of the strongest Arcane users and likely a factor for the distrust.

Is this meant for me? If so why don't we head over to the thread I created for the discussion, and continue there, or private message me, I'd love to see what headcanon material you are referring to.
    Night Elves, Magic & the Arcane - Common Misconceptions & Things You Didn't Consider

Secondly, if suggestion and desire is the headcanon you don't want a thread you didn't make to be "hijacked" over, then perhaps you should pay attention to the thread topic and nature of it, including the OP, it's a speculation thread - so people's desires, expectations, hopes, suggestions and thoughts - all of which are opinions (as that is what those words imply ) or in your terms "headcanon" is basically what this thread is about. If that annoys you, then why respond to a thread that's by default going to be based on that.
    Moreso whoever posts gigantic walls of texts (at least yours is readable - I'll give you that) about these topics - and rarely are any of the posts different from the other hundred or several threads you and some others have posted. It's a very tired topic by now.

If you want a more factual discussion, head over to my topic. But I would ask you to refrain from slurring and insulting posters, people are quite free there to project into the future and post theories they have, and I want them to have the freedom to do so without being harassed and insulted.
    People are free to post whatever and as such I posted my request to tone down your words if you want to have a discussion - replying to this took ten minutes to even figure out the proper quoting.

I also did not insult or slur, what do you mean? Absurd headcanons should be discouraged, especially from roleplay. You can post your ideals and that's fine, but the topic went from what one wishes from a night elven capitol to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "These are my people, my lands."
    "And your enemies would use that against you."

Really like that parallel there, bringing that up just after Teldrassil.

Everything I've seen of this book indicates we've got a good author on our hands. And yeah, Nordrassil makes an understandable forward base for their hunting of Sylvanas. Darkshore may be retaken, but it's also burned, blighted, cataclysmed, and just awful.
    Wouldnt be so fast with assumptions if i were you. That same author who claims to be a night elf player herself also said in an interview that she does not think that killing Sylvanas is a good idea, called certain group of people “haters” of said undead hoe and said that plot might leave them unsatisfied. Also main theme of Shadowlands is “forgiveness”. So no, she is just another one of the same stock as others.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Also main theme of Shadowlands is “forgiveness”. So no, she is just another one of the same stock as others.
    Argh. We are moving into the realm of brainwashing angels, wicked gargoyles, Scourge 2.0 and souls gardeners, for all of which souls are nothing but currency... Only to be (further) lectured about forgiveness Damn, can't wait to play more Hello Kitty.

Worgen and Goblin would have added to the horde.
    Why would you put worgen on the Horde, out of curiosity? I'd assume they'd go Alliance (if we still used Gilnean worgen in this instance) or Neutral (given their connection to the neutral night elves in this setup).

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I miss the bank so much, i just loved it, my favorite place in Darnassus.
    Its one of mine too. Whenever I level alts, I always use Darnassus while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I didn't even have to name names . Don't conflate your and the other poster's viewpoints with the fanbase for night elves. It's easy to think many share your opinion and then vaguely say 'night elf fans think X' - similarly I can just say night elf fans do not want (rightfully) a focus on Arcane now that the Highborne have been welcomed back to the society, rather have it be a subplot and a small part.

Not my point nor what I've said - I do not mind additional customization towards Highborne stuff nor do I want their absence from the story. However, I would love an actual exploration on other sides of night elven history than Highborne (which we got aplenty in Azsuna and overwhelmingly little in Val'sharah in comparison); we're getting Night Warrior stuff now yet I'd not want to forget the Druids/Night Elven nature side. The latter was especially forgotten in BFA, but this is another topic.

Yes. Arcane magic is still distrusted, reaffirmed by Tyrande's distrust towards the Nightborne in Suramar. I also question why you think their number is greated than the escaped Shen'dralar -- or rather, why you make it seem as if they are numerous. They're a marginalised group, very few in numbers in an already questionably sized population (after all - how much was lost at Teldrassil when somehow night elves can afford to send suicide squads to Nazmir and so on...)

Yes, that is how the Highborne can regain their trust, when they follow the current social system in place, not insert their archaic caste system to replace what's modern and new. When their actions (Teldrassil's mages, for example surely helped) show that their ideals align with the rest of the populace. That does not mean usage of Arcane itself would be adored - and instead at most tolerated, or chastised if overused.

Why would they handle building affairs when the night elves have done just fine until now? Also - what old cities were built by ancient druids?

Arcane Ancient which shows how Arcane perverts Nature by transforming an Ancient into an unexplained and never-again mentioned abomination; rather I'd say the Ancient in Estulan - the only friendly Arcane Ancient (the rest are as expected, aggressive and hostile) IMO is rather put there to show that the Tower of Estulan is a place of Arcane, as it wouldn't be otherwise clear from a distant glance. Nobody is disputing (or shouldn't be) how strong or weak night elves are - Highborne are one of the strongest Arcane users and likely a factor for the distrust.

Moreso whoever posts gigantic walls of texts (at least yours is readable - I'll give you that) about these topics - and rarely are any of the posts different from the other hundred or several threads you and some others have posted. It's a very tired topic by now.

People are free to post whatever and as such I posted my request to tone down your words if you want to have a discussion - replying to this took ten minutes to even figure out the proper quoting.

I also did not insult or slur, what do you mean? Absurd headcanons should be discouraged, especially from roleplay. You can post your ideals and that's fine, but the topic went from what one wishes from a night elven capitol to this.
    Post what you want, believe what you want. No matter what they do with a capital, people will complain. Their best option is to make it stunningly beautiful like they did recently in Zin'Azshari warbringers and in Suramar, everyone will like that. I'm sure some horde fans would be jealous, but hey, they are okay with the alliance fans being jealous of alliance stuff that goes horde, but expect blizzard never to develop night elves in a stunning and beautiful way. I mean this is why all these arguments are happening right?

Horde fans make excuses to night elves of why having a pretty city or advanced magic - all part of Night elf lore btw, shouldn't happen now - all kinds of meaningless excuses with no real evidence (oh they moved from that 10k years ago - conveniently forgetting both magic and cities have returned), "oh that's not them any longer - (intentionally confusing that it's addiction, recklessness and arrogance that isn't them anymore, not great magical mastery or beautiful craftsmanship whether with buildings and marble or with clothes)..

It's all this stuff that keeps being banded out, and you count them, vast majority horde elf supporters, one and all - latest trend? Night elves are forest elves - because customisation had vines and we saw huntresses and druids in action.. like what? So we ignored all the other Highborne customisations, the night elf mages and the Highborne group, the Moonguard, all the things Legion showed us (nvm if you don't read the books) … so that you can reinforce the false view of night elves only being about forest, when they are clearly not

Post what you want, believe what you want. No matter what they do with a capital, people will complain. Their best option is to make it stunningly beautiful like they did recently in Zin'Azshari warbringers and in Suramar, everyone will like that. I'm sure some horde fans would be jealous, but hey, they are okay with the alliance fans being jealous of alliance stuff that goes horde, but expect blizzard never to develop night elves in a stunning and beautiful way. I mean this is why all these arguments are happening right?
    Define stunning and beautiful. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While I don't disagree that a restored Eldre'thalas could be pretty and beautiful, I don't think it would fit the current Night Elves. Even if, let's say, they erect similar structures in Hyjal and only that. Night Elves have taken a more wooden architecture, more in tune with Nature, almost melding into the actual forests and the best example of that is Darnassus. We saw updated models in Legion - Val'sharah and Dreamgrove. We saw even more updated models in BFA - Astranaar, Bashal'aran ((which is now built with modern architecture)), Lor'danel.

Were those not stunning and beautiful? In my opinion, they have those assets ready to be used, and they could do so much with them to create a stunning and beautiful city.

Horde fans make excuses to night elves of why having a pretty city or advanced magic - all part of Night elf lore btw, shouldn't happen now - all kinds of meaningless excuses with no real evidence (oh they moved from that 10k years ago - conveniently forgetting both magic and cities have returned), "oh that's not them any longer - (intentionally confusing that it's addiction, recklessness and arrogance that isn't them anymore, not great magical mastery or beautiful craftsmanship whether with buildings and marble or with clothes)..
    In this case I'd say we should specify the term 'magic' - do you refer to Arcane? I wouldn't reject having a side of the capitol to be for Highborne and Arcane usage. I don't know which Horde fans you're speaking of, truth be told the gargantuan posts do not interest me at all so I don't even skim them. However, I'd be careful by grouping every opposing viewpoint together as 'Horde fans'. I disagree with you - am I a Horde fan?

Night Elves have moved on from the cities of the past, but do not mind erecting great marble structures to Elune. Magical mastery in Druidism or Elune's Light, beautiful craftsmanship in buildings are all part of the current society. Highborne values are not, ostentatious clothing might not be either, clothing-wise I think the most 'beautiful' we can get is Tyrande's new clothing or the BFA's embellishments on the armour, but not Highborne ideas and values of 'beauty'. Again, beauty is subjective, you may in real life think Highborne style is prettier, personally I find clothing more in tune with Nature beautiful, and would prefer to see more of that instead. That being said - more options is always welcome, so having both would be the best case scenario.

It's all this stuff that keeps being banded out, and you count them, vast majority horde elf supporters, one and all - latest trend? Night elves are forest elves - because customisation had vines and we saw huntresses and druids in action.. like what? So we ignored all the other Highborne customisations, the night elf mages and the Highborne group, the Moonguard, all the things Legion showed us (nvm if you don't read the books) … so that you can reinforce the false view of night elves only being about forest, when they are clearly not
    Where did I say they are only being about forests? The Balance of Nature and worshipping Elune are the core parts of Kaldorei society now, the Highborne are remnants of the past. They are a faction of Night Elves overall, so they're not only about the forests, but they are not only about Highborne and Arcane either. Highborne and Arcane are a small portion of what constitutes Night Elves.

Again, I'm confused by the 'horde elf supporters', what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post

Arcane doesn't pervert nature intrinsically. it's a tool/force, it can be used to pervert nature if the users are twisted or don't care about it - and how much it is "perverted" or rather what counts as perversion is different per person or per group. A druid would have much higher standards of what is acceptable, than say a normal human or a Highborne mage.

The arcane generally boosts nature and life anyway, it is the magic of order and it is what leads to the creation of natural life's physical matter. That's the lore anyway, whereas the life force comes from the light. So in warcraft lore, the arcane boost lifespan, strength, intelligence, stature - all positives, and we see can even conjure food, and even heal. In some Elune priest cases, a measure of healing is used from the arcane.

If the elves are masters of the arcane, and the nature elementals they use whether as friends or slaves, then they can bend them to do things good for nature or perceived harmful.

A druid would consider forcefully bending a tree to form a home as perversion, but asking the tree and it accepting or being willing to do so? A completely different scenario! So the how matters.

A druid would prefer not to use the wood of trees to fashion homes, but if a base or garrison camp with strong defences is needed urgently in a campaign against those that will seek to destroy nature, he will ask of the trees to give of themselves if no other rapid means is available. Such as during the long Vigil when arcane magic was banned and these things didn't have mages or the mages or ancients weren't allowed to use the arcane to magic up marble and stone defences, it would have fallen to the druids who'd prefer to ask the wisps and trees to fashion something without using a hatchet to butcher.

However in the presences of arcane sources of magic, and mages to wield it, or ancient's too because it's no longer banned, I would feel that they'd definitely prefer them to magic up marble, shells and pearls and other things that's not living trees, to form homes, and they'll infuse nature with growing vines, grass, flowers alongside and amongst it, rather rather than use wood. This is how an elf would build a city and it's just one of many positive uses of the arcane.

Arcane magic can be used positively and powerfully against enemies, and provide a lot of great and good things, essential and worthwhile, like it did in the pre-sundering era.

A common mistake people assume is that night elves thought the pre-sundering era was a huge mistake.. this is not what I've found, it's their hubris, addiction and the reckless actions of the Highborne (allowing it) that they greatly regret, but they don't regret the arcane at all, that's silly, it's what made them, lifted them out of darkness and provided many a good things for them.

Just because Azshara goes off the bender and goes too far, excessively so doesn't make everything they did bad or regretful or wrong, the attitude and abuse yes, but you don't dismiss everything of an age that is called wonderful as wrong when it isn't. You just eliminate what was wrong about it.. like preferential treatment, hereditary honours, the slave/master type behaviour of Highborne/lowborne. When France had a revolution, attitudes completely changed, but as long as they had the means and the skills, they continued building beautiful things and lived in those beautiful buildings.. they abandoned the past, but it's the Monarchy, not beauty and skill. The night elves unlike the French had theirs completely destroyed, and for the next 10k years, had to ban the use of magic (think of electricity and thus machines and technology) which would have allowed them to rebuild.

Furthermore, their race was carrying out a very specific mission of Legion watching and guarding - this meant no time for life as normal, population centres, complex government or family life and future wellbeing - the mission demanded a sacrifice, that was it. once it ends guess what much that was abandoned is returned too. But the things they truly abandoned, they haven't returned to.

I think a new capital build in a druidic could signale a great change. Night Elven society post Sundering was build on a balance between worship of Elune and druidism. Now it seems Night Elves have a major crisis of faith in Elune, so we shouldn't be surprised if there wasn't even a temple there to their goddess. Besides being a powerful statement for lore reasons, Elune had a tempering nature, favoring balance between light and dark, but also once having tried to tame Lo'gosh. An unshakled druidism might be interesting to behold, especially if we see Botani ally with them.

On a side note: With the Night Elves building a new capital on their holy mountain near the spirits of the Ancients they worship, there is an interesting similarity to the Zandalari who built their capital next to the Loa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool. Another thread devolved into Nightborne qq

Elf fans are weird
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.