Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    now he calls them out.
    Being outraged and "calling out" is what gets views. This is why people do it, not necessarily because they believe in it. This generation is all about huffing and puffing, bitching on the internet and getting off people being mean to others or being outraged at the smallest thing. People find yelling and beibg outraged entertaining, so this is what you get. At one point you have to take a step back and stop trying to be unhappy about everything because you wont even be able to discern if you actually feel that way or are just doing it out of habit.

Neebs Gaming, and Steven Crowder

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If you want a source just watch any of his streams lol. I barely know a single stream in the 8 months when I was watching where he wasnt getting angry and flustered over chat.

Now unless he got better in the last 5 months since I stopped watching him then thats cool.
    You mean when he calls out the reactionary and bigoted randoms spewing their reactionary and bigoted shit in chat?

Just recently started to watch their livestreams and I can honestly say that it's one of the most wholesome streams I've experienced on Twitch.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Hazelnutty comes across as a nice person on her stream. In terms of discussion about the game and its classes and mechanics Preach is the best on YouTube, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I need to ask: are you asking your favorite World of Warcraft content related YouTuber or just favorite YouTuber in general?

Being that is this is on a predominately WoW related website, in the World of Warcraft designated "General Discussions" section, in a thread that references a WoW YouTuber... a lot of these replies are just any YouTuber. lol.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    My favorite youtubers are JewBagel/Schizophrenicgamer or possibly CinimaSins or GameSins or SomethingWitty or Project Mouthwash. Used to be TFS, but they broke my heart.

But I guess OP meant WOW youtuber specifically, in which case I watch T&E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They're not hired by Blizzard. They're literally just big fans.
    Also, while T&E are obviously still big fans, they do call Blizz out on particularly shady shit (and Taliesin makes no effort to hide his dislike for the store mounts; every time they come up as a discussion point on his video he goes out of his way to remind everyone they suck and should be ingame rewards for doing ingame activities).

On-topic: If I want to catch up on WoW news but don't want to sift through the text myself, Hazel, T&E, and Preach are good places to get the rundown. Hazel just likes to have fun, T&E have the 'no it was a shit-show, obviously' running gag which I actually really like even if I agree with the shit-show, and Preach is good at what he does, even if I don't always agree with his take (I don't always agree with Hazel or T&E either, but those three are still the best channels for this stuff). Bellular tends to swerve back and forth between clickbaiting and doing a good job just delivering the news; his general news channel has a better track record on just delivering the news than the one focused around WoW, but he can also get really self-important on both.

Heelvsbabyface used to be a lot of fun to listen to back in WoD, but it became apparent fast that he was gunning for outrage views rather than actually trying to give feedback and news updates. And then the dude lost his mind and began forcing himself to watch stuff he obviously didn't like, for no other reason than to make snarky commentary that would look right at home in LiveJournal circa 2003, just with a reactionary 'redpill' twist rather than a liberal twist. He tried branching out and his viewer base didn't branch with him, because they just wanted reasons to be pissed off and wanted to hear their opinions, not positive opinions about games and other media Az was having more fun with. Kind of a shame, but sometimes you dig yourself that hole.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Everyone's telling me this and no one's actually citing a darn source. I haven't watched the livestreams, and if there's a bunch of them, I'd have no way of narrowing down which one they're talking about.

And I cannot stress enough, "person who likes the game" is not the same thing as a shill. Repeating that over and over doesn't make it true. It doesn't help that you are the sort of forum goers who lunge at every single update with immediate overwhelming hate the second it hits alpha that he likes to poke fun at.

It took me all of 10 seconds to find a more negative video, as well.

I mean...of course you won't see it if you've never watched his livestreams. And when it comes to "negative" videos, they're hardly negative. Like, yeah he points out flaws but it's always in an oddly kind way. In the majority of his videos, he kisses Ion's (and Blizzard as a whole) ass and it's annoying as hell. It's why I unsubbed to his channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    You mean when he calls out the reactionary and bigoted randoms spewing their reactionary and bigoted shit in chat?

Just recently started to watch their live streams and I can honestly say that it's one of the most wholesome streams I've experienced on Twitch.
    Its his willingness to invite those toxic bigoted pieces of shit to his stream by constantly antagonising and acknowledging them that's the problem. He creates a very toxic form of communication which invites more toxic ass hats to his stream because they know he will give them the attention.

Also they are only one type of argument he will get into. They range from movies, to scenes, to blizzard practices, to blizzard themselves, to music,to lore, to video game's, to other content creators, to culture and most of the time I agree with him, I hardly disagree but its how he presents himself and how he dwells on it for so long.

He constantly attacks other creators, (some deserved I will say lol), but regardless, its his constant willingness to talk about them and dwell in them, he's so concerned about what others think and do. He surrounds himself in negativity.

If you have joined recently and it is wholesome to you thats great. I aint gonna tell you you are wrong. Hope you enjoy it more than I did. I don;t think Tali is a bad person, I just think he has some bad habits.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-07-06 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    heelvsbabyface
    Yea him. Only WoW related Youtuber I'm subscribed to.

I've watched a few of Hazels videos as well and while shes ok, OP is doing her a disservice. No one wants to be told what they should or should not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Yea him. Only WoW related Youtuber I'm subscribed to.

I've watched a few of Hazels videos as well and while shes ok, OP is doing her a disservice. No one wants to be told what they should or should not like.
    I disagree! /mountain I die on
    Honestly, Soul is kind and well thought out. Bellular can be exciting, but I got tired of his negativity. Hazel just doesn't disappoint.

Everyone's telling me this and no one's actually citing a darn source. I haven't watched the livestreams, and if there's a bunch of them, I'd have no way of narrowing down which one they're talking about.

And I cannot stress enough, "person who likes the game" is not the same thing as a shill. Repeating that over and over doesn't make it true. It doesn't help that you are the sort of forum goers who lunge at every single update with immediate overwhelming hate the second it hits alpha that he likes to poke fun at.

It took me all of 10 seconds to find a more negative video, as well.
    Using that video as evidence weakens your argument considerably. By doing so, you are implying that a shill must be defined as 100% positive feedback. That's like arguing Rotten Tomatoes cannot possibly be a shill for movies corporate powers want promoted because critic reviews aren't at 100% fresh. They actually fudge it and go with 95% fresh, or 90% fresh, or 80% fresh. And then they use that to try to say they aren't shills and dumb people believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    heelvsbabyface
    I can't watch Heelsvsbabyface. He's fat and breaths heavily.

This is the impression I get when watching him

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I can't watch Heelsvsbabyface. He's fat and breaths heavily.

This is the impression I get when watching him

Why....your name......why....../justwow

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    Why....your name......why....../justwow
    Hmm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I haven't watched Talesin......hmmm. Will have to.
    No, no you don't. Can't stand them... They don't seem to do any deep dives, play the game all that well, etc. Just a talking head that repeats information and tries to, un-successfully, make it funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Preach, Bel, Mr.GM, Hazel and Nobbel... Saved you some time.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

@buttwitch I'm now terrified

10+ Year Old Account
    Hazel is nice, I've used a few of her guides, but rarely want to watch a video from her unless she has news that I want more clarification on.

Favorites are content creators like PlatinumWoW, CaptainGrim, Nixxiom, and very recently since he is changing his culture is Asmongold.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Hazel is nice, I've used a few of her guides, but rarely want to watch a video from her unless she has news that I want more clarification on.

Favorites are content creators like PlatinumWoW, CaptainGrim, Nixxiom, and very recently since he is changing his culture is Asmongold.
    I have noticed Asmon is making a strong attempt to change his branding. What pushed him to do it?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I have noticed Asmon is making a strong attempt to change his branding. What pushed him to do it?
    The textbook on establishing and growing your brand is to start out by being edgy and pushing the boundaries to make yourself as legit as you can. Then once you've milked all the growth out of that direction, you sellout, soften, and go for the mainstream audience. Everyone does it from rock bands to Ray Charles (Ray Charles started out by converting gospel music to sex music, then got big enough to sign a major record label deal and then went soft) to sports leagues (many of them got off the ground by promoting violence and drunken behavior, then got big enough to clamp down on it) to apparently streamers.

Asmongold is just following the textbook.