Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I support him because he's the only one who has the will and power to fight the radical-left cancer that's spreading across America and, sadly, the entire world because America is always taken as an example.
    So you fight alongside fascism to get rid of an enemy that does not exist. The democrats did more to destroy the US left than any GoP member ever will.

Just be honest with yourself.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-07-07 at 08:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We had this situation before it didn't work that's why a republican created the EPA. I guess you want toxic air and water, you sound rather ignorant of history and live in a dream world.
    The most important thing to understand about the future is that it's never based on history, ever. If you want to make an argument then you have to base it on *explanation*, otherwise it is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    So you fight alongside fascism to get rid of an enemy that does not exist. The democrats did more to destroy the US left than any GoP member ever will.

Just be honest with yourself.
    Yes..."fascism"...

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The most important thing to understand about the future is that it's never based on history, ever. If you want to make an argument then you have to base it on *explanation*, otherwise it is worthless.
    Is this a fucking joke?

So do you mean the predicament of say latinos and blacks in this country aren't based on history? You mean the arguments given in 1800s that foresaw issues we have to this very day don't exist?

Do you mean to tell me when Brutus warned that our current voting system with ostracise the yeoman and common man, and that congress would mostly be made up of those with means to run, thereby creating a sort of aristocracy based on what happen prior to the 1700s that somehow he, despite being right is wrong because in your right wing mind history doesn't determine the future?

Tell me how do you get to a future, do you mean to sit here and explain to us how you get to say.. point C from B if it is just like going from point A to B. You would have us ignore how we got to B from A and say "eh just wing it"????

How about language, you are aware that every language, save one anomaly is recursive. How do we speak if we are to ignore history? Well we know, you have to rebuild and build and repeat and repeat and repeat over and over like they do in that one language I can't recall the name of right now.

What you said said here, is the epitome of "I don't give a fuck about history history doesn't matter"

For your folly statement to make sense, explain to us how we got to where we are today that has no relation to where we were in the past.

Fucking... what the fuck... are you even thinking at this point????????

There has to be a complete absence of thought to say the future doesn't depend on history. Are you like a fucking Boltzmann brain? Is this a bloody Boltzmann brain universe or some shit? Because if not, you've no way to defend that statement.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-07 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yes..."fascism"...
    Yeah, somebody with fascist opinions pretending to be left-wing is a joke.

3+ Year Old Account
    Just a few snippets:
    - large scale censorship of free speech because "freespeech is hatespeech".
    - unofficial social credit score, as companies refuse to serve certain individuals on account of opinions voiced by those individuals in public. Banks, credit card companies, social media platforms, and certain companies, have already started using such a system of social credit score.
    - severe gun control and gun confiscations.
    - affirmative action hirings based not only on race but also on sexual preferences in order to have "diversity and inclusion" at all costs.
    - rewriting of history in order to make it PC, and destroying symbols of civilization in the process, basically blaming white people for everything that happened since 300000 B.C.
    - changing culture and entertainment in order to pander to certain puritans. Ex: no depictions of slavery in any medium of entertainment, no depictions of nudity in video games because "male gaze", no depictions of male heroic themes because "male toxicity", replacing well established characters and changing stories in order to introduce LGBT themes and female characters.
    - worshiping corporations and main stream media.
    - allowing for unchecked migration even if the people who come have values and cultures that are incompatible with the locals'.
    - destruction of national identity in order to make room for globalism, because national identities are "white supremacy".
    -literally every political faction does this, it's only partisan bufoons who don't notice it when thier guys do it.
    -free market capitalism working as intended!
    -uh oh, better watch out for those gun grabbing boogiemen!
    -I take it you have no idea what the outcomes of affirmative action even are outside of the handful of instances that fit your argument.
    -more boogiemen!
    -free market capitalism working as inteded, again!
    -I see, you interchange "liberals" and "lefties" as if theyre the same thing, explains a lot.
    -racist dog whistle
    -same racist dog whistle but somehow humans can hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’ve never heard of Newton eh?
    He's never heard of science in general... or politics.... I mean our current system has roots that goes back well over a thousand years but oh no no that history had no bearing on today.

Fuck remember the declaration of rights of man done about 100 years before American independence? Remember how the founders often were using arguments and quotes from that in their own independence?

Well in PC2 world that didn't happen, and the declaration of independence was not influenced by history which helped determine the future, because clearly.. the future isn't based on history. There are no actions that must happen before a thing happens apparently in PC2 universe.

In PC2 universe things just appear already done up nicely without needing that messy business of being built through time.

Or perhaps he speaks of another dimension where time exist in some sort of persistent state of past present future and therefore history doesn't matter because history is now and later?

3+ Year Old Account
    lol "already won"? The left hasn't accomplished anything but virtue signalling and they aren't going to get much even if Joe Biden wins, all he can do is provide some lip service.
    that's exactly what we want to hear, so there's no excuse to end the protests even after the election.

In the real world there's this thing called profit and human nature that drive corporate decisions. The goal of short term profit will always override everything especially if it doesn't affect you directly.

Let me ask you this if your theory is correct why has Trump's deregulation led to more pollution when states don't stop him?

1. I'm an atheist and I consider myself a Moderate with Left-wing tendencies. I support gay marriage, people of color, and generally everything the Left supports UNTIL it starts infringing on my lifestyle, routines and moral values.
    1. So you support the right because they are only infringing on other people's lifestyles.

2. One bad is not fixed with another bad.
    2. Why not fix it with that whole "all are created equal" thing.

3. Not when bad people have easy access to plenty of guns.
    3. Less guns means less guns for "bad people" too

4. See nr.2.
    See nr.2
    5. I have no idea you're talking about.
    Like framing the Civil War to be about "States Rights" instead of Slavery. When the "State Rights" you are fighting for are the right to keep slaves...you are fighting for slavery.
    6. I'm not defending slavery but it does have its point in history, a history that should not be forgotten because triggered idiots erased it.
    Removing statues does not re-write or erase history. And don't worry... nobody is going to "forget" Slavery and the Civil War.

7. Corporation worshiping is the new thing for the Left, especially if the said corporations happen to be located in California. As an example, how many are protesting against Nike, when it's KNOWN that Nike is using slave labor in China and Africa, but because Nike was smart enough to use that Kaepernick individual who hates America and white people, to do the virtue signaling for them, they avoided the wrath of the Left and BLM.
    Corporation worship is an American thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So do you mean the predicament of say latinos and blacks in this country aren't based on history?
    No the future of latinos and blacks is not based on history whatsoever, unless you specifically want to keep them in the exact same historical trend. Which wouldn't surprise me that you(@Themius) don't want them to improve and you want them to be in the same situation forever.

What you said said here, is the epitome of "I don't give a fuck about history history doesn't matter"
    No, "history matters" for explanations but not for predictions of the future. Those are entirely separate ways of understanding the world.

It's not right wingers currently who are pushing for censorship of video games and comic books because "muh male gaze".
    No, right wingers push for censorship of video games and comic books because they're a moral outrage (see: alien sideboob) or responsible for causing gun violence (see: virtually every school shooting).

Acting like loony fringe ideas are mainstream is the road to nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    In the real world there's this thing called profit and human nature that drive corporate decisions. The goal of short term profit will always override everything especially if it doesn't affect you directly.

Let me ask you this if your theory is correct why has Trump's deregulation led to more pollution when states don't stop him?
    On deregulations, did you know trump rolled back Title IX so schools aren't required to investigate rapes, unless the student makes official reports. So even if the faculty know, if a traumatised student doesn't report it fast enough apparently Trump's administration is fine with having rapists on campus. Oh and then they went on to make it even more narrow in general from simply being unwanted sexual misconduct to, unwanted sexual misconduct that denies the person equal access to the school activities and education . what the fuck does this mean?!

It sounds like if a person gets raped, but is able to still go to class and try to live that well they haven't been raped in Trump's Administration eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

No the future of latinos and blacks is not based on history whatsoever, unless you specifically want to keep them in the exact same historical trend. Which wouldn't surprise me that you(@Themius) don't want them to improve and you want them to be in the same situation forever.

No, "history matters" for explanations but not for predictions of the future. Those are entirely separate ways of understanding the world.
    So you mean freeing slaves didn't lead to black Americans being free?

You see if we were in the 1860s, and I said okay slaves are being freed, and in the future they will be free.. which will allow them to do certain things.

You would say, in 1930s, the the predicament of black people is not tied to history, laws passed in the past, and freedom of slaves?

You're being illogical.History indeed predicts the future... history is simply data and data will predict what can or will be likely in the future. Do you have a college degree? If so what field? Because this utter lack of critical thinking is hurting me, and critical thinking is a basic skill that should be taught in university.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    No, right wingers push for censorship of video games and comic books because they're a moral outrage (see: alien sideboob) or responsible for causing gun violence (see: virtually every school shooting).

Acting like loony fringe ideas are mainstream is the road to nonsense.

right wingers do push for censorship when they are faced with a non-straight person, or a woman protagonist, or a POC protagonist.

Not at all, there would be major consequences regardless of whether we chose strict or unstrict lockdown measures. The consequences simply manifest themselves differently depending on which strategy is chosen.

lol "already won"? The left hasn't accomplished anything but virtue signalling and they aren't going to get much even if Joe Biden wins, all he can do is provide some lip service.
    I'm not blaming Trump for the pandemic but his inability to be an effective leader and tackle these protests/riots while addressing the virus as it is has been costly.

The left control all but one of the major news networks, all but two or three major newspapers, they control college campuses (which they have let seep into the broader culture), they control the entertainment industry to push their messaging, they control social media and tech websites, etc. etc. etc. Meanwhile the right puts all of our effort into winning congressional races in Iowa. We are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I'm not blaming Trump for the pandemic but his inability to be an effective leader and tackle these protests/riots while addressing the virus as it is has been costly.

The left control all but one of the major news networks, all but two or three major newspapers, they control college campuses (which they have let seep into the broader culture), they control the entertainment industry to push their messaging, they control social media and tech websites, etc. etc. etc. Meanwhile the right puts all of our effort into winning congressional races in Iowa. We are doomed.
    You think CNN is left? You think MSNBC is left?

Both moved further right, especially CNN after Trump was elected with many of their commentators being people who have been conservative for decades.

Because your side has moved from conservative, to fascist, doesn't mean all conservatives are now left.

Please tell us more of this conspiracy theory and how the left are dooming you... meanwhile. I rather not be randomly shot because of how I look because some random maga supporter decides I need to go back where I came from.

The left control all but one of the major news networks, all but two or three major newspapers
    Sinclair Broadcasting, American Media, the Murdoch Empire to name a few you are clearly detached from reality.

Far Right Trumpers. Biggest snowflakes of them all. Better look under your bed and in your closets, the far left boogeymen might be there!

3+ Year Old Account

so, this is an admission the right has lost the battle of ideas, on thier own terms? that's encouraging.
    Last edited by Thee ANCOM; 2020-07-07 at 08:51 PM. Reason: can't spell to save my life REEEE-

The majority of news networks are controlled by right wingers. Those right wingers might pander to the left wing occasionally but their money is spent on perpetuating right wing causes. Messaging is one thing but the real work is lobbying and that's how the right perpetuates itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you mean freeing slaves didn't lead to black Americans being free?

You see if we were in the 1860s, and I said okay slaves are being freed, and in the future they will be free.. which will allow them to do certain things.

You would say, in 1930s, the the predicament of black people is not tied to history, laws passed in the past, and freedom of slaves?

You're being illogical.History indeed predicts the future... history is simply data and data will predict what can or will be likely in the future. Do you have a college degree? If so what field? Because this utter lack of critical thinking is hurting me, and critical thinking is a basic skill that should be taught in university.
    This is entirely wrong, history is not 'data' that can ever determine the "probability" of the future. Information and data can help change people's 'theory' such as whether or not black Americans are people and deserve equal opportunity but it's not about predicting the future. The very fact that slaves were freed is a short proof of the fact that historical trends do not determine the future and if people truly believed that there would be no progress whatsoever.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-07-08 at 01:39 AM.