Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Agree. I have had most of my heirlooms since the expansion they were introduced. They can suck my fucking cock. Canceled 9 accounts between me, my wife, and my daughter.
    Entitled much? How does that affect you in any way? The heirlooms served their purpose in the time you owned them, Im sure some of them multiple times on multiple chars so your investment has paid off. And just because they removed exp bonus doesnt mean its useless now. The leveling will be way different and faster than current leveling with max heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Refund my gold and time spent getting them then if you're planning to make them useless and functionally the same as any other piece of gear. That was the whole point of investing in them.
    1. you invested in them and leveled characters faster, doesnt that mean your investment has paid off already?

2. If you ask for gold refund then I would also remove all your characters that leveled with heirlooms.

3. Its still useful, exp bonus wasnt the whole point. Its still bis gear at any level which by itself makes you level faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik View Post
    Entitled much? How does that affect you in any way? The heirlooms served their purpose in the time you owned them, Im sure some of them multiple times on multiple chars so your investment has paid off. And just because they removed exp bonus doesnt mean its useless now. The leveling will be way different and faster than current leveling with max heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

1. you invested in them and leveled characters faster, doesnt that mean your investment has paid off already?

2. If you ask for gold refund then I would also remove all your characters that leveled with heirlooms.

3. Its still useful, exp bonus wasnt the whole point. Its still bis gear at any level which by itself makes you level faster.
    I think its a silly thing to rage over but I disagree on your points. Heirlooms are an investment that "pays off" every time you level a character. It does suck that he's dumped a ton of gold into them and now one of the best points of them is being removed. Blizzard gave the impression that these would give bonus xp and scaling stats forever, thus making them good long term investments.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the answer is no.

If you buy a car and a month later it does -- the fact that you used it a month does not mean you got it's values worth. Now if you're saying there's no more USE of additional XP, such as all alts start at max level -- then you'd have a point but that's not what is going on.

XP bonus was the largest contributing factor for getting it. I would speculate the overwhelming majority of the people with heirlooms do not like leveling and simply want that class to have as an option at end game. Ergo, the XP bonus it the biggest reason to have it.

It is, in no way, BiS gear. At any level. It used to be but that's not the case anymore. Now it's slightly below green's of your current level. The only advantage is it levels with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I am so fucking glad I didn't pre-purchase this garbage fucking expansion. Removing experience buffs from heirlooms is the dumbest fucking choice ever because no everyone that spent gold on heirlooms are basically being told to go fuck themselves. They already reduced the stats and now they're removing experience buff. Which means heirlooms are 100% useless and all the gold people spent on them is just fucking gone. Fuck WoW. This was the final nail in the coffin for me.
    It is almost NEVER worth pre-ordering any game unless the pre-order itself offers you something unique. Pre-orders have lost all their coolness and value a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

There is literally nothing entitled about how he feels. He and many other people spent a lot of gold to keep the heirlooms up to date. In BfA, the stats were nerfed hard and were often worse than green questing gear. Now the experience buff is being removed which means those tens of thousands of gold were for NOTHING. Heirlooms have absolutely no purpose now because their stats are trash and they won't have the buff. Blizzard should absolutely give a gold refund. And your point of deleting all the characters leveled with heirlooms is so incredibly asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the loss of exp I hope there will be a reason to still wear heirloom.

He says he doesn't want us to choose a covenant over player power, but then fills them with player power.

I don't get it. I literally think they are mad.

Unbind the power systems from covenants and they will be preference choices. Don't and they will be power choices. That simple. Especially cause we all know you wont be able to balance them for every spec.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-10 at 02:17 AM.

The Horde is definitely in for a period of rebuilding.
    Hopefully that means not falling back into vilifying The Horde for another meaningless Faction War.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    With the loss of exp I hope there will be a reason to still wear heirloom.
    They will replace it with some other bonus, but not xp. At least not a big chunk.
    Was answered in an interview on Mr GM's youtube channel.

There will be nothing new for archaeology in Shadowlands.

So they're just removing professions now?

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Heirlooms and the money sunk and time sunk into them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "Heirlooms will no longer have experience bonuses. They are looking to replace it with something that is not a raw percentage increase."

Try actually reading instead of just making nasty responses like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling in WoW always has been and always will be a fucking chore. Each time they've made changes like this, it was very poorly received(Like when they increased the amount of experience needed for leveling then changed it a month or two later because players HATED it.) Removing experience buff from heirloom gear is literally a spit in the face to everyone who has spent gold and done quests to upgrade them. They already neutered the stats on them in BfA. Removing the experience buff literally makes them absolutely worthless. Leveling is boring and tedious as fuck in this game. Removing this buff is more likely to cause people to leave the game than have a positive impact.
    Leveling in SL has gone down to something you can do in less than a day so the xp from heirloom is baked into the reduced xp you need. So it won't matter one bit. And ontop of that, no one will leave the game due to it, thats you being overly dramatic. And you demand a refund for the heirlooms, then its only right that blizzard also removes ALL the extra xp you recieved using it. You got your moneys worth years ago with heirlooms

Its still bis gear at any level which by itself makes you level faster.
    Lol, they are not.

Here’s a proposal. Make the heirlooms give +gold up to a cap on each based on its original value. You don’t get the full cost back, but you do get a boost that will help ease the loss. Once you’ve leveled enough to cap the value they can just be reasonable fillers while you level if you haven’t gotten an upgrade in a while.

It would also be a great boon for the alt you’re leveling when they have to pay for stuff like skills and riding.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Leveling in SL has gone down to something you can do in less than a day so the xp from heirloom is baked into the reduced xp you need. So it won't matter one bit. And ontop of that, no one will leave the game due to it, thats you being overly dramatic. And you demand a refund for the heirlooms, then its only right that blizzard also removes ALL the extra xp you recieved using it. You got your moneys worth years ago with heirlooms
    Your logic is so incredibly flawed, I don't even know where to begin. For one, leveling on the PTR is made much much quicker for the purposes of testing. It is very likely it won't be that fast on live. For two, people have left the game in droves for less. This heirloom nonsense is definitely going to lose Blizzard A ALOT of players. For three, nothing should be removed at all in return for a refund. Saying we "got our monies worth" is exceptionally idiotic. There are many players, including myself, that have spent a hefty amount of gold across expansions in order to keep heirlooms up to date. Blizzard removing the exp boost after gutting their stats in BfA is an incredibly dumb move. Because they were supposed to be PERMANENT. These changes will literally make heirlooms useless and therefore, Blizzard would be showing us that they created a gold sink in game that will now be for absolutely nothing. It's like they're TRYING to get people to leave the game at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean.... why put effort into something that was basically doa the minute they made it lol.
    Yeah well, that's just like... your opinion, man.

I mean it will still be more convenient then juggling more item slots.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Still too much talking about covenants, like they're trying to convince even themself of something... but people already more or less understood "stuff's roots". Don't bother too much with, what's done is done, you just have to live with your mistakes if you don't want to learn from them

*sad sigh*
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-08-03 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They say this, yet they put absurd powers to each covenant, and forget this is WoW with raiding/pvp/m+ LOL.
    That’s what I took from it. Pick what you want, but all the datamining shows there are some that seem borderline mandatory depending on spec or content you want to play.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

1). Who determines how much return vs investment someone earned? If I only leveled 1, whereas others leveled 20, did I get the same return and make all that gold I spent worth it?

2). Except when created Blizzard gave the expectation that these were to assist leveling with boosted XP gains. There wasn’t a hint that this was a changing system, so yes, I could see people asking for a gold refund while keeping their gains. This also ties into point 1.

3). Yes, it is BiS gear, but without the XP gain it’s not that big of a help. I’ve come across ppl while leveling (thru dungeons) that aren’t using Heirloom gear and they don’t struggle at all. Are they topping the meters? No, but that’s also not really necessary while leveling.

The heirloom change understandably pisses people off. Players invested time, effort, and gold acquiring these with the expectation of faster leveling thru XP and stat bonuses.

no xp buff from heirlooms are one of the first big fail in shadowland!

and the adventure table is one of the greatest garbage i seen in the last decade!
    its a game from a third world.. ugly and boring!

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    It is almost NEVER worth pre-ordering any game unless the pre-order itself offers you something unique. Pre-orders have lost all their coolness and value a long time ago.
    If you're a WoW player, you know you're gonna play at launch anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Here is a gold medal for the most dramatic overreacting ever. They aren't removing the xp bonus. They are changing it
    What does that mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Entitled much?
    Entitled? He paid for it.

How does that affect you in any way?
    What? Are you joking?