Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    In just under a day we go from:

to

6 months sub now brings us well into January 2021. After this announcement it seems unlikely we're getting Shadowlands this fall.
    Useless topic is useless. They've already reiterated that the expansion is releasing in 2020, several times, and there is no association between the mount and an expansion release. You're looking for something where there isn't anything.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    People need to realize these mounts are to reward those who use the 6-month subscription option. Nothing more.

It's nice they routinely do it for those players.

Anything outside that, is just conspiracy. I used to think otherwise but have since come to my senses on the subject.

This mount doesn't cost the 6-month'ers an extra penny.
    First time its been available for purchase without the 6 month sub, so its not exactly the same. I have seen some commentators claiming thats a sign Blizzard have lost confidence in their product, and dont believe many will take the 6 month option - im not sold on that idea though,.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    The 6 months sub is just there to carry the addicted people over the content drought until November/December.

8.3 is a fucking awful patch and there is nothing new coming.
    Arguably those players would just have a rolling sub anyway, but i dont disagree with what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    First time its been available for purchase without the 6 month sub, so its not exactly the same. I have seen some commentators claiming thats a sign Blizzard have lost confidence in their product, and dont believe many will take the 6 month option - im not sold on that idea though,.
    They have all been available without the 6 month sub. The first one was delayed going to the store until after the "free mount with sub" offer expired, but the other three including this one were available on the store immediately. Regardless, I do not see how its availability on the store means they have "lost confidence in their product". Seriously, why does it have to have some kind of deeper meaning beyond "Hey, thanks for paying for our 6 month subscription option. Here's a free mount."?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Secondly, there was a post a few weeks by Brack stating that it was coming in November. Shadowlands Pre-patch content will hit roughly October, possibly last week of September.
    Can you link to the quote where they said release date is in November? Cant find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Arguably those players would just have a rolling sub anyway, but i dont disagree with what you are saying.
    Just another super high quality mount in the cash shop to entice people to lock their sub in for 6 months when ZERO new content is coming.

You should see the addicts justifying it over on reddit. It's really something else.

"It's a reward for my loyalty to the game. I always buy my sub in 6 month blocks anyway."

It's not a reward. It's an incentive to lock you in.

If WoW had loyalty sub rewards like FFXIV it would reward any of us long time 15 year old veterans for staying subbed for the majority of those 15 years - but it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

The two have absolutely nothing to do. This year and last year both they release a mount in January and July and seems to be part of their promotion they are running every 6 months that now does any of the following:

A) Encourage people to use 6 month subs
    B) Rewards those who were going to pay for 6 months anyway
    C) Gives another mount you can buy with gold/cash

Stop drawing unrelated correlations to fit whatever narrative you want. There is 0% evidence that either are related.

Secondly, there was a post a few weeks by Brack stating that it was coming in November. Shadowlands Pre-patch content will hit roughly October, possibly last week of September.
    See my reply above to arkanon. This is not a "reward". It's called an "incentive". Look it up.

Stop trying to spin a pro Blizzard narrative just because you moderate a Blizzard fan forum.

Many people on reddit displayed deep regret when buying the 6 month pirate ship sub at the start of BfA because the expansion turned out to be such a horrible piece of shit.

Is it any small wonder they did a full reveal on the expansion... That isn't coming for at least 5 months. Then immediately followed it up with another 6 month promotion because there is literally no content coming in that 5 month period?

They're a business. This is not a reward.

See my reply above to arkanon. This is not a "reward". It's called an "incentive". Look it up.

Stop trying to spin a pro Blizzard narrative just because you moderate a Blizzard fan forum.
    You might want to re-read before trying to complain about spinning narrative.

What I listed as A is what you can call an incentive since it is trying to encourage you to get it. B is what you call a reward since you were going to be paying for 6 months anyway so it is an extra item.

Many people on reddit displayed deep regret when buying the 6 month pirate ship sub at the start of BfA because the expansion turned out to be such a horrible piece of shit.
    People's disappointment with things doesn't change whether it is a reward or incentive. Most of the people who got the pirate ship got it because they wanted the mount. They weren't going to probably play anyone and thus complained.

Is it any small wonder they did a full reveal on the expansion... That isn't coming for at least 5 months. Then immediately followed it up with another 6 month promotion because there is literally no content coming in that 5 month period?

They're a business. This is not a reward.
    You are trying to draw two different things together as one conclusion. This model they are using is as I described it above, a reward and an incentive. Trying to mesh the two together to make it sound as negative as you can doesn't change any of that.

In just under a day we go from:

to

6 months sub now brings us well into January 2021. After this announcement it seems unlikely we're getting Shadowlands this fall.
    Ion literally just fucking said it was going to be in the fall, just fucking yesterday. It's still literally on the fucking front page of this website. Jesus Christ, open your fucking eyes and stop crying and making a problem up that doesn't exist.

Can you link to the quote where they said release date is in November? Cant find it.
    Best I could find was from here.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment, during the company’s Q1 2020 earnings call revealed the release date for the brand new expansion. Brack mentioned that the eighth expansion, Shadowlands will debut in November 2020.
    So looks like it is somewhere in the earnings call that was done. I can't find a link to it at the moment to fully confirm it, but if someone wants to take a stab at it be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Ion literally just fucking said it was going to be in the fall, just fucking yesterday. It's still literally on the fucking front page of this website. Jesus Christ, open your fucking eyes and stop crying and making a problem up that doesn't exist.
    This fall goes until mid-December. So he's not that far off.

J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment, during the company’s Q1 2020 earnings call revealed the release date for the brand new expansion. Brack mentioned that the eighth expansion, Shadowlands will debut in November 2020.
    So looks like it is somewhere in the earnings call that was done. I can't find a link to it at the moment to fully confirm it, but if someone wants to take a stab at it be my guest.
    Ah yes, "GizmoBlaze.com" - one of the most well known and trusted sources in the gaming industry. Thats why the article you linked includes quality reporting like:

"World of Warcraft is one of the famous and longest-running massively multiplayer online games"

"World of Warcraft MMORPG began from November 23, 2004, and after 16 years, fans have only seven expansions."

"The eighth entry, Shadowlands have garnered huge hype from the dedicated fans."

"It has been two years already and the release of new expansion has become more like a need."

I can see why GizmoBlaze.com is an industry leader and a well trusted source of information.

Ah yes, "GizmoBlaze.com" - one of the most well known and trusted sources in the gaming industry. Thats why the article you linked includes quality reporting like:

"World of Warcraft is one of the famous and longest-running massively multiplayer online games"

"World of Warcraft MMORPG began from November 23, 2004, and after 16 years, fans have only seven expansions."

"The eighth entry, Shadowlands have garnered huge hype from the dedicated fans."

"It has been two years already and the release of new expansion has become more like a need."

I can see why GizmoBlaze.com is an industry leader and a well trusted source of information.
    Didn't say the source was the best there ever was, but since it came from a conference call it has a bit more credibility. Also, I like the sarcasm in the past yet the things you pointed out are accurate in bold. Not sure why you think they are inaccurate? SL is the 8th expansion, people are hyped about it and heck even reading the forums people say it is needed now (or 3 months into BFA) along with it being famous.

Could you elaborate a bit more rather than bold and then being ambiguous about it?

Didn't say the source was the best there ever was, but since it came from a conference call it has a bit more credibility. Also, I like the sarcasm in the past yet the things you pointed out are accurate in bold. Not sure why you think they are inaccurate? SL is the 8th expansion, people are hyped about it and heck even reading the forums people say it is needed now (or 3 months into BFA) along with it being famous.

Could you elaborate a bit more rather than bold and then being ambiguous about it?
    Do you think MMO-C would put something like that on the front page? Its attempted murder of the English language.

Do you think MMO-C would put something like that on the front page? Its attempted murder of the English language.
    Not all news sites will always report everything. I mean I did say it was in the conference call so you are more than welcome to listen to that if you are still in doubt. November itself is pretty much spot on where it would launch anyway based on trends, how things are going, etc.

Not all news sites will always report everything. I mean I did say it was in the conference call so you are more than welcome to listen to that if you are still in doubt. November itself is pretty much spot on where it would launch anyway based on trends, how things are going, etc.
    How things are going? The industry is having delay after delay due to the current events - thats 'how things are going'. What im saying is that a source for something like a release date for a AAA game should be easy to find on any number of major websites, instead of relying on some teenagers blog site.

Secondly, are you suggesting MMO-C wouldnt report the release date for the next wow expansion? Seems pretty disingenuous of you to imply that. My comment wasnt "why didnt mmo-c report on this blog post?" my comment was about the use (abuse) of language and the overall horribly written post. In general, i find the standards much, much higher around here, and its just a mid tier fan site for a couple of games. Perfectly acceptable errors for something informal like a forum or similar, but pretty pathetic for a "news" site.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-07-10 at 02:16 AM.

The point is: It is absolutely irrelevant what they said if their actions show the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Uhh... what? They said in the stream that it'd be available this fall
    Indeed, and with no announcement date in the stream - it is looking like mid December, not mid November now.

Also - why do they say fall, what is fall even anyway ?

Can't they use years, quarters, months or other standard measures ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The point is: It is absolutely irrelevant what they said if their actions show the opposite.
    I think the current climate is proof that games with much, much higher demand and 'hype' are still being delayed, and truthful or otherwise, covid19 is being used as the reasoning for some of these delays, even if it is not mentioned by name.

There are just not enough facepalms in the world...

What if they cancelled Shadowlands? You could still pay for a six month subscription and get the mount. One has as much to do with the other as a bowl of petunias and a rather confused whale.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, and with no announcement date in the stream - it is looking like mid December, not mid November now.

Also - why do they say fall, what is fall even anyway ?

Can't they use years, quarters, months or other standard measures ?
    Its American for Autumn. They dont use months because it is too specific, and doesnt allow for changes without huge outrage from the vocal minority. According to some on this very forum, if a game is delayed, the COE of the company goes to Jail. And no, im not exaggerating, people have genuinely claimed this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

What if they cancelled Shadowlands? You could still pay for a six month subscription and get the mount.
    Would you?

Its American for Autumn.
    Here Spring is September 1 -> November 30th, Summer is 1st December -> 28th February.

So it is very hard to relate to any useful meaning for 'Fall' given it has no correspondence to reality here. I mean ... why 'Fall'.

All they have to do is say Q42020 and we'd all be on the same page

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.