Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's funny really. I get multiple infractions for somehow not posting constructively and yet there's crap comments like this that haven't been touched.
    Oh and as for making a constructive post myself, think i'll start when someone makes a constructive reply to me.
    Aaaaaw how cute, The baby tried to insult me. Yet is getting ripped apart by others lol. Don't whine and bitch over something that is still in alpha and hasn't come out yet. When it comes out and you've actually tried it, then you can make these crybaby posts OP.

And with that being said.

<Insert Popcorn eating gif.> Fucking love this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Remember when shadowlands was announced and people were crying about lack of depth/ systems

Funny how things change

Just shows Blizzard can literally never win
    Not with the people in this community like the OP.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    He also commented on how IDIOTIC it is to have the Conduits be destroyed when you try to swap.

Please don't pretend like there aren't obvious issues and he praised the entire system.
    And by raising these issues now it’s a good chance of having that system changed so that they aren’t destroyed

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to mmo champ where ts links a post from 8 plus years ago and claims post linked actually says something else and then goes off on posters that say it doesn't actually say that at all and throws a hissy fit....

TS is a peanut...

Of course the moderation of mmo champ helps keep shitty threads like this alive long enough for ts to $hit post a bit more...

Cool stuff all round *thumbs up
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    That is exactly what I mean yes. We already have people picking the most powerful FOTM classes over what they actually like. We don't need ANOTHER system forcing that.
    Blizzard won't stop trying to design something fun and cool just because players lack a spine and have the "muh meta" stick up their unholy region.

As long as they keep the majority of players in mind, they will keep doing weird shit like Covenants. It's only logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not. I did for someone else in this very thread but i'll do it for you too.
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...he-change-why/
    Ah, good ol' Ghostcrawler. For as much as the community liked to blame him for everything, he was FAR more open and engaged with the community then any dev currently.

With that said, Prime glyphs weren't removed because of their complexity, but instead because of their simplicity - All Prime glyphs were just good, so you simply simmed which 3 were BiS and used those forever, which is what was basically stated in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they think we'd have forgotten?
    Easy there, Putress.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    And there it is. The end of the conversation. Thank you, finally.

Whether or not you or I have faith in Blizzard's ability to balance their game is undebatably meaningless. You're predisposed to believe they can't. I'm predisposed to wait and see. That's all there is to it.
    How long have you been playing the game?

It's confusing and there are too many systems on top of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    Have you seen the soulbind traits? The whole tree has less impact than a minor essence. It seems completely irrelevant.

Since about the end of Firelands. Why?

it surprises me that anyone would not distrust tuning at this point. the whole of bfa is full of beta problems which were blatantly ignored, and weird fixes like the contrition talent, being a 100% horrible choice in EVERY situation, being nerfed when mastery was slightly tuned up. its like saying "OI this is useless talent. don't u ever think we will allow it to be remotely niche."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Have you seen the soulbind traits? The whole tree has less impact than a minor essence. It seems completely irrelevant.
    im waiting for the end, but due to the number of layered systems, and the nature of gameplay effect when you have a lot of contributing factors, things can be depective. Now something like 5% versa fo example, is pretty damn big. like, PRETTY BIG.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    He also commented on how IDIOTIC it is to have the Conduits be destroyed when you try to swap.

Please don't pretend like there aren't obvious issues and he praised the entire system.
    Don't think anyone is denying that, can still like the general mechanic though.

I liked the initial farming for essences, I disliked having to do it again for alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Aaaaaw how cute, The baby tried to insult me. Yet is getting ripped apart by others lol. Don't whine and bitch over something that is still in alpha and hasn't come out yet. When it comes out and you've actually tried it, then you can make these crybaby posts OP.

And with that being said.

<Insert Popcorn eating gif.> Fucking love this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Not with the people in this community like the OP.
    Ya know with shit heads on you on this site it doesn't really bug me if i get banned. Y'all make this site not even worth being on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ya know with shit heads on you on this site it doesn't really bug me if i get banned. Y'all make this site not even worth being on.
    Aw cute. Once again getting mad. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Bye bye!

The soul binds/conduits system looks pretty exciting. I agree that tuning will be tough. Still, exciting stuff!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok i have a question about the conduits that we put in. so let's say I play a Paladin and have 3 soulbinds: A, B and C

Soulbind A I use for dps - so I start off with a single target path and use whatever conduits fit that best fit what I want to do
    Soulbind B I use for tanking
    Soulbind C I use for healing

so my questions are: if I respec the soulbind (let's say to change from ST to MT or from raid tanking/healing to M+ tanking/healing) are the conduits in the soulbind destroyed? or are they only destroyed if I replace those specific ones? next question is: if I swap soulbinds from A to B, are the conduits in Soulbind A destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok i have a question about the conduits that we put in. so let's say I play a Paladin and have 3 soulbinds: A, B and C

Soulbind A I use for dps - so I start off with a single target path and use whatever conduits fit that best fit what I want to do

so my questions are: if I respec the soulbind (let's say to change from ST to MT or from raid tanking/healing to M+ tanking/healing) are the conduits in the soulbind destroyed? or are they only destroyed if I replace those specific ones? next question is: if I swap soulbinds from A to B, are the conduits in Soulbind A destroyed?
    The things are like gems. If you insert new ones the old ones are destroyed. Which is one of the reasons people are mad-this is idiotic.
    As for 2, its gems so u cannot transfer them. afaik you can enable a, b or c any time without hurting the other, they just have different base bonuses AND different slots. There are offense, defense and utility slots for these gem like soulbind elements, like regular gems have colours, so soulbind B for example might not be viable for AOE, therefore meaning if you want to swap, you need "re-gem" soulbind A each time.

First question, not sure. Respeccing the soulbind means resetting the tree, which more than likely means turning off the conduit sockets you've specced. It's not clear yet what turning off a conduit socket means, whether it automatically empties the socket of whatever conduit is in there, or just making that socket useless and not touching the Conduit inside or letting you touch it without respeccing again. My guess would be the latter, or at the very least, the latter sounds better to me. A perfect world would be one where I can end up filling ALL of the Conduit slots with different conduits that I want, and then being able to respec freely and change between them, depending on what I'm doing. It remains to be seen, though.

Second question, more than likely, no. I cannot imagine Blizzard destroying Conduits when you swap off of a Soulbind. That'd be pretty shit. My guess is that they're just saved, and you'll access them again exactly as they were when you switch back to Soulbind A.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The things are like gems. If you insert new ones the old ones are destroyed. Which is one of the reasons people are mad-this is idiotic.
    As for 2, its gems so u cannot transfer them. afaik you can enable a, b or c any time without hurting the other, they just have different base bonuses AND different slots. There are offense, defense and utility slots for these gem like soulbind elements, like regular gems have colours, so soulbind B for example might not be viable for AOE, therefore meaning if you want to swap, you need "re-gem" soulbind A each time.
    yeah replacing them they get destroyed but lets say I go with whatever traits are on the left for single target and the right for aoe. so if i put conduits in the left hand side slots but then want to respec and choose ones in the right hand side will the ones on the left hand side be destroyed? because they aren't being replaced per se

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    First question, not sure. Respeccing the soulbind means resetting the tree, which more than likely means turning off the conduit sockets you've specced. It's not clear yet what turning off a conduit socket means, whether it automatically empties the socket of whatever conduit is in there, or just making that socket useless and not touching the Conduit inside or letting you touch it without respeccing again. My guess would be the latter, or at the very least, the latter sounds better to me. A perfect world would be one where I can end up filling ALL of the Conduit slots with different conduits that I want, and then being able to respec freely and change between them, depending on what I'm doing. It remains to be seen, though.

Second question, more than likely, no. I cannot imagine Blizzard destroying Conduits when you swap off of a Soulbind. That'd be pretty shit. My guess is that they're just saved, and you'll access them again exactly as they were when you switch back to Soulbind A.
    well if it is the latter for the first question and no for the second then that would be a good scenario - means people can interchange between specs without losing conduits and if resetting the tree doesn't destroy them then yeah that is even better. if Blizzard do that then people won't have to destroy conduits as often, or will only destroy them when they get a better one

yeah replacing them they get destroyed but lets say I go with whatever traits are on the left for single target and the right for aoe. so if i put conduits in the left hand side slots but then want to respec and choose ones in the right hand side will the ones on the left hand side be destroyed? because they aren't being replaced per se

- - - Updated - - -

well if it is the latter for the first question and no for the second then that would be a good scenario - means people can interchange between specs without losing conduits and if resetting the tree doesn't destroy them then yeah that is even better. if Blizzard do that then people won't have to destroy conduits as often, or will only destroy them when they get a better one
    I m not sure what you mean by left and right side. What they did confirm is that these conduits act like gems. New destroys old.