Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

(p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    Lmao, I can see you're new, welcome to WoW.

This is how it's been since TBC came out.

You get your mounts, titles, transmog and other vanity shit - that's the "something precious to use in the next expansion".

Now you learned your lesson to not go full blowhard on grinds and minmaxing, and so when the next expansion comes, you'll be smarter

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Minonelol did some crazy PvE shit in previous x-pacs on his DK...didn't see ppl claiming everyone is doing it as proof how broken everything is ^^
    Counter question: Is the game balanced around solo'ing legacy content or Arena & current Mythic raids?

It's not like those Infinite Stars one shots have been the only crazy thing corruption has been doing in PvP.

It gets exchanged for an easier time going into the new expansion. Blizz already said that if you're neck is leveled you probably won't replace till after you hit max in Shadowlands. That's the same way it's always been with powerful items. Having stuff like corruptions just completely turn off is relatively new, but the artifact weapons did the same thing. Other then that you have achievements, mogs, mounts, etc to use forever.

If you can’t handle change, don't play Retail WoW perhaps...?

No, I am too busy enjoying new content to sit around and weep for old virtual items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new there. Was bound to disappear before Shadowlands. Everyone should be able to guess that one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    It'll be funny to see if Limit and Method can pay off their debt.
    I have some doubts Method is gonna pay their debt off.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I believe the only time something from a previous expansion stuck around were last patch legendaries like Atiesh or Thori'dal.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I didn't grind for my stuff just played the game so doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Difficult to do that while people are oneshotting their way to 2,5k and 20 tanks solo Mythic N'zoth.

Like, Corruption is a top contender for the "most broken System in WoW", the sole reason while it isn't causing that much of an uproar anymore is because both players and devs have mentally checked out of BfA.
    Spot on. Corruption has really been flawed is many ways.

Corruptions and Essences weren't as fun so I won't miss them really. You'll probably be able to reactivate the gear during Timewalking for BFA, whenever that happens so it's not like you won't ever be able to use it again. I would miss Azerite traits more especially on certain specs like Demonology which make the spec feel like it works with shard generation, but they're already making things like Tyrant give 5 shards on cast like the trait baseline or the free Spinning Crane Kicks for Windwalker, so it's not like everything is going away for all the specs. Rockbiter going away I will miss.

This is such a large factor in my adopting the “good enough is good enough” mantra. There is a main thoroughfare of the game that is worth the time spent, and getting greedy with excess character power is a waste of time when every patch (and in this thread’s case, 8.3-9.0 is just one patch) will reset it all. Now if you’re ok with that, if the journey is fun, knock yourself out and grind, but do not spend a single day on a treadmill that “hurts your feet.” You don’t owe it your guild, your raid leader or anyone else to waste your time. LFR exists. World quests exist. Nothing above the “access level” is remotely mandatory in this voluntary game of options.

So long as they want new players to be able to pick up the game at any point in an expansion's life cycle, and that will be always, they will never make it mandatory to grind like a madman just to participate in the game on one's own time. It is only encouraged, overt competitiveness and overly organized team content that makes us "get greedy" with character power. Good enough is good enough. It has to be, or new players can't join in.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-07-11 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Difficult to do that while people are oneshotting their way to 2,5k and 20 tanks solo Mythic N'zoth.

Like, Corruption is a top contender for the "most broken System in WoW", the sole reason while it isn't causing that much of an uproar anymore is because both players and devs have mentally checked out of BfA.
    It's definitely a contender but hardly the only one. The WoD ring eventually also made speed kills on bosses like Iron Reaver possible, and allowed us to basically skip mechanics on Archimonde. Only the very best geared and optimized corruption setups can replicate the sheer, unadulterated power of that thing. Or our supercharged Artifacts in late Legion, which allowed for insane Concordance windows and trivialized DPS checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The WoD ring eventually also made speed kills on bosses like Iron Reaver possible, and allowed us to basically skip mechanics on Archimonde.
    The earlier Bosses in HFC were intentionally undertuned, because they dropped lower Ilvl than the later ones.

But imagine any of the earlier bosses in Ny'alotha if you show up there with a raid full of Fire Mages.
    In regards to Archimonde, the final boss of this expansion was killed by 20 Tanks, that is objectively worse than skipping mechanics.

I get your argument, the ring was extremely silly, especially by the end but let me remind you that the full extent of the corruption system won't be available until September, because the corruption resistance makes a lot of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Or our supercharged Artifacts in late Legion, which allowed for insane Concordance windows and trivialized DPS checks.
    Again, that didn't allow 20 Tanks to Solo Mythic Argus.

Like yeah, it's not the only one, but it also needs to be said:
    The Corruption system was a shitshow from day one in almost every regard.

The acquisition.
    The tuning.
    Its ramifications.

These other system had a crazy effect, but these other systems seemed at least more like a "controlled explosion" whereas the Corruption appeared like one massive chain reaction that Blizzard set in motion and never really had any real control over.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-07-11 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Gear from previous expansion is useless in new expansion. More news at 11 where we show how the sky is blue, the earth isn't flat and man did land on the moon
    Aye lol, this is the biggest non-issue out there. Absolutely no-one expected any of the BfA powers to work during SL.

Hell, personally, I'm glad it's going. Playing with 80% haste is doing my head in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

(p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    This happens literally every expansion, why are you just now realizing this?

And no, there should not be a way for our old stuff to carry over.

Imagine if you were told TODAY
    "Alright uhhh hey rogue, this patch i know you really wanna raid with us? but you gotta go do dragon soul for the next like 2 months, then we can bring you in, yeah, goodluck mate"

while the concept of carrying over your cool legendaries is fun, in practice the idea of "Ok well i got my sulfras from molten core... alright... now i never ever need to get another weapon again for the next 15 years..."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "But the real corruption was the friends we made along the way."

I'm okay with the corruption system going away in 8.3.5 or whatever - while the system has been interesting and occasionally humorous, it was never really designed to be sustainable or permanent. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when I can finally liquidate the heaps of extra equipment I have to schlep around right now and get back to basics, as it were.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Wonder how many BILLIONS of gold has been spent on corruption BoEs for just 1 patch, im sure it was worth it. /s
    Not one gold by me. Sure others have and I'm sure it was totally worth it at the time. But really that is all that matters in this game is current expansion play.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Limit probably already has. Method though, going to be a bit hard for a dead guild to pay back theirs though lol, guess that was a bad go for the people who loaned it.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-12 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Lmao, I can see you're new, welcome to WoW.

This is how it's been since TBC came out.

You get your mounts, titles, transmog and other vanity shit - that's the "something precious to use in the next expansion".

Now you learned your lesson to not go full blowhard on grinds and minmaxing, and so when the next expansion comes, you'll be smarter
    I've been playing since 2005. I'm not that young lol.
    And yes ... I should be quite used to seeing 100% of my "farm-and-grind-farm-and-grind-farm-and-grind ..." being thrown away as if I had never done it.
    I fully understand that we will have new levels to go up and a blue shadowland item will be 2 times more powerful than a mythical BFA item ... no problem with that ...! My point is about the system that has been gaining strength since Legion as artifact power, azerite power, corruption, essences, etc ... among other scores we had to grind a lot like crazy to be viable in PVE and PVP ... and now in a few days if you (idk) have 300,000 war resources or something like that ... it will just disappear. This should become 300k gold or whatever we could use in the next expansion ....!
    Thank goodness xmogs and mounts we can still load for other expansions but I guarantee you that 99% of my "farm-and-grind-farm-and-grind-farm-and-grind ..." was not collecting xmogs and mounts. Yes, I’ve been playing since 2005, I think that’s unfair and I’ll continue to find it until they fix it. Grind is time ... and Time is money Friend. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    You play the game. If you think it's a waste of time, don't play the game. Every new expansion is basically a reboot of systems and gear. If you don't recognize this by now I'm not sure how you can be shown this.

Yeah, I would love to see a more linear boundary between expansions but this has basically never happened with respect to power.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."