Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WTH is wrong with people?

its Wednesday reset so i decided to pug normal quickly for echoes, i get my group together we kill wrathion then we go maut, kill him but not with out a few deaths to aoe, i guess ppl forgot to update dbm and as soon as maut falls both tanks jump ship???? wth is wrong with ppl, you don't join a rush run for a specific item as tank and now the id is screwed as tank wont want to join as trinket boss is dead and no1 else wants to join coz 2 bosses are dead.....

Don't you answer the problem yourself?
    you don't join a rush run for a specific item as tank and now the id is screwed as tank wont want to join as trinket boss is dead and no1 else wants to join coz 2 bosses are dead.....
    Tanks left after they had their go at the boss and no new tanks join because they want that item too. Looks like a perfect reasonable approach as a tank that only wants that item and is in a random group that never interacts ever again after.

My advice would be to invite tanks that need more than just 1 item. I know it's easy to invite high ilvl players, but these people are after specific things, they leave the second it takes too long since they don't really need anything.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-07-15 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its Wednesday reset so i decided to pug normal quickly for echoes, i get my group together we kill wrathion then we go maut, kill him but not with out a few deaths to aoe, i guess ppl forgot to update dbm and as soon as maut falls both tanks jump ship???? wth is wrong with ppl, you don't join a rush run for a specific item as tank and now the id is screwed as tank wont want to join as trinket boss is dead and no1 else wants to join coz 2 bosses are dead.....
    Pugs are called pugs for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    So, proving that tanks can be selfish asses, too, just like DPS have done for years?
    the diffirence is losing 2 dps dosen't make it impossible to finish the run and dosen't force ppl to join another grp just to complete it

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Still, my point is that DPS has done this crap to tanks for years. I guess they figured it's their turn. PUGs will do stupid crap regardless.

You're never going to get away from this kind of thing w/o a guild, really. Even casual guilds have people who can help you get the things you need. PUGs are just the most toxic thing I've ever encountered in any game outside of FPS gaming. I remember pugging the hell out of Wrath, and it was a lot of fun, but wasn't long after, PUGs went completely to shit. Toxic people, assholes everywhere, and just all around selfish people, and no one will call them on their behavior consistently. There's a ton of people here on MMOC who will consistently excuse or justify any kind of selfish behavior because <I don't know why>.
    i agree, but losing both tanks at the same time pretty much destroys a run on reset day faster than losing a dps or 2 ever did.

tho if i had'nt returned to the game a few days ago and had a guild yeh this wouldnt be a issue

With the changes to Raid ID this isn't a problem anymore. People have done this for ages. The risk you take by PuGing.

Sure, perhaps PuGs used to be friendlier and carry a sense of responsibility "before", but you would lock yourself to that ID. If you disband now, just join another group even if it entails re-doing 2 bosses.

As a tank i can say that when you go Skitra first instead of Maut, you are guaranteed to lose the 5 hunters when u have downed Skitra

This is different from "Go Ra-den first!" for dps how?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    This is different from "Go Ra-den first!" for dps how?
    dono as i've never seen that also killed skitra and im left searching for another tank....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok so in that situation the only thing you can do is get a friend to be RL, have them enter first so it's on their lockout, a fresh lockout, and start again. unfortunately the nature of pugging is that tanks, dps and heals will only stay til they get the item they want. that is why you will see tanks leaving after Maut, it's why you will see dps leaving after Ra-den. they have the item they came for, why would they stay? if you want to join a group that does a full clear, go with a guild group. that is the best way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    With the changes to Raid ID this isn't a problem anymore. People have done this for ages. The risk you take by PuGing.

Sure, perhaps PuGs used to be friendlier and carry a sense of responsibility "before", but you would lock yourself to that ID. If you disband now, just join another group even if it entails re-doing 2 bosses.
    I'm assuming this is maybe a mythic pug. It shouldn't be hard to find replacements in other difficulties, even if it takes a few minutes. In mythic though, you get specifically locked to a raid ID.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I'm assuming this is maybe a mythic pug. It shouldn't be hard to find replacements in other difficulties, even if it takes a few minutes. In mythic though, you get specifically locked to a raid ID.
    He said it was quick normal pug. Which seems to contradict his claim of ID being ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Humans are generally selfish, self centered people. When there is no social penalty for actions they will act upon that without remorse.

There are obviously exceptions. But, i always expect the worse from pugs.

For example, i pugged a mythic+ with a friend. Temple of sethraliss 15.
    I was in an undergeared monk, but still 450 ish.
    Anyways, i die in the first boss as does the hunter pug. Rest of the group kills it. We carry on and there is an overpull before the second boss, which i am not sure but according to the tank would have been the fault of the hunter, but no one said anything. But, the hunter left after that potentially ruining the run.
    But, we kept going and the run went greatly and we almost timed it. Maybe would've timed it with the hunter, but he left. Why did he leave? Cause people are asses.
    My theory is that despite being told that it was for the weekly chest he wanted it timed for the achievement. He saw some deaths and concluded it wasn't gonna happen and left. Joke's on him, but that is what some people are like. He could have ruined it for all of us there cause for whatever reason he decided to be selfish and not care.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-15 at 12:27 PM.

In a PUG, nothing at all motivates people to consider anyone else's gain other than theirs. If that's your way of doing content, you have to be ready for this kind of thing, it's just how it is.

Also, there is no ID for normal, so nothing is screwed up. People could just join from the 3rd boss onwards and then clear the first bosses in a different group. That no one did, simply means there is no interest in those other bosses in general, which is not surprising, it's like 7 months into the tier, who needs normal gear?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

5+ Year Old Account
    Friendly advice: don't pug unless you really, REALLY, have no other choice. Pugs have been this way, more often than not, since Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    He said it was quick normal pug. Which seems to contradict his claim of ID being ruined.
    well if he is the raid leader then yeah, if he enters then the first 2 bosses will be down

The problem is that they r alive, dead people are just fine.

You pug to have a raid with little responsibility or scheduling. Expect the people you pug with to have that same attitude.

I see no problem with people here, only a problem with loot.

honestly it's been that way for years now. having to rebuild the group after every "that one item" boss or before a hard boss is common.

not sure what tanks want with maut though, guess they were DKs?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh c'mon...2 ppl quit your pug and we definitely need a "What is wrong with people" thread? Hell...I guess you could have even asked THEM?

Let us take this even further and make it about "losing faith in humanity" while we are at it, shall we?
    And then someone posts a story about kittens and "faith in humanity restored!"
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose