Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Is Arthas officially confirmed to not be in Shadowlands?

I mean, I know we will somehow get a glimpse or echo of him, but has it officially been confirmed he will not get a role in Shadowlands?

Not that I’ve seen. All I saw was this will not be a “greatest hits” of every character that’s ever died.

I think it’s inevitable to see him at some point but he is also 100% in the Maw BEFORE they were all being funnelled there. That’s where Sylvanas went when she jumped off the ledge and “died” she went to the Maw also and she saw Arthas there being tortured. So we might see him in the final patch when we are all in the Maw 100% of the time in a new Hub we create there or whatever. He won’t be leaving though. He could though become the new jailer...that would be interesting especially if we leave Sylvanas there and he is the jailer of her soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I mean, I know we will somehow get a glimpse or echo of him, but has it officially been confirmed he will not get a role in Shadowlands?
    They haven't said either way. Only that they ONLY want to include him if it makes sense.

There are nearly infinite realms in the shadowlands, as seen with the portals in Oribos. So it is nearly impossible to meet everyone who died before the machinery of death broke

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    They haven't said either way. Only that they ONLY want to include him if it makes sense.

There are nearly infinite realms in the shadowlands, as seen with the portals in Oribos. So it is nearly impossible to meet everyone who died before the machinery of death broke
    "Makes sense" don't exists in Blizz's vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Whatever floats your boat. I like it you don't. Move on

He'll be a hyped surprise in the 9.3 patch.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He will definitely appear, they're just not bringing him on launch. Gotta spread hype material through various patches.

Him not showing up would be if Grom had not shown up in WoD.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything I think they said/implied that Arthas is in the Maw.

I just don't know whether we will actually encounter him and probably they have a huge debate about it too, because it's such a big character they need to be careful there to not fuck it up.

I am inclined to think they will wheel him out for some patch to bait people, but it remains to be seen.

They said they don't want to just use Arthas for some random opportunity because his character is rather big and they don't want to ruin him. I don't expect to see him at launch, but I could definately see him becoming a big part in a later storyline and the writers don't want to spoil it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    He'll be a hyped surprise in the 9.3 patch.
    I admit, I'm secretly hoping for exactly that. And I also hope for what @Hobbidaggy said: for Arthas to become the new jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    ...because it's such a big character they need to be careful there to not fuck it up...
    This didn't stop them from bringing other big names back. KJ, Illidan, Guldan, and dozens of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    This didn't stop them from bringing other big names back. KJ, Illidan, Guldan, and dozens of others.
    That's why if he comes up as a thing it won't just be some random ass NPC with 2 lines of text. Either it will be the guy driving 9.2 or some such or not at all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the problem with adding Arthas in is that if you make it a cameo people will be clamouring for more; and if you make it a major role but confined to a patch (say the final patch) then people will be angry that their favourite character, ostensibly the most famous character in Warcraft, only gets an appearance right at the end of the expansion and that's it (N'Zoth).

The thing is how do you bring back such an important character and not ruin said character. They managed it with Illidan; as far as I know he is the only character to come back and have a lasting impact throughout the expansion. They are bringing some characters back but I don't think they will have central roles like Illidan did.

just googled it and found this (https://www.wowhead.com/news=311970/...liesin-evite):

Arthas in Shadowlands?
    Won't answer directly - just focusing on the best story possible.
    Arthas is a fundamental character to the Warcraft IP and they didn't want to use him in an offhand way to cheapen his storyline.
    "We want to do the right thing by him."

This is Blizzard we're talking about. Arthas will be in shadowlands somehow. They love ruining their own lore. They destroyed the old gods, they destroyed grom and most importantly they destroyed illidan. Won't be surprising if they destroyed Arthas too because they just can't let their old bosses die and move on. There always has to be a redemption story or a comeback or we missed him so lets bring it back.

Not to mention when they brought back Archimonde and decided that the legion was timeless.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

>We're going to the Shadowlands, where Arthas is.
    >Arthas is the most popular Warcraft character ever.
    >Arthas hates Sylvanas, the side villain of the expansion.
    >Blizzard has purposefully been ambiguous about Arthas' role in Shadowlands (hmm, just like they tried to gloss over the fact that BfA was, in fact, an Old God expansion, hmm).

This is so obvious.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-07-17 at 10:49 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Not that I’ve seen. All I saw was this will not be a “greatest hits” of every character that’s ever died.

I think it’s inevitable to see him at some point but he is also 100% in the Maw BEFORE they were all being funnelled there. That’s where Sylvanas went when she jumped off the ledge and “died” she went to the Maw also and she saw Arthas there being tortured. So we might see him in the final patch when we are all in the Maw 100% of the time in a new Hub we create there or whatever. He won’t be leaving though. He could though become the new jailer...that would be interesting especially if we leave Sylvanas there and he is the jailer of her soul.
    Holy shit, all of this Blizzard. ARE YOU LISTENING, BLIZZARD? DO THIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    >We're going to the Shadowlands, where Arthas is.
    >Arthas is the most popular Warcraft character ever.
    >Arthas hates Sylvanas, the side villain of the expansion.
    >Blizzard has purposefully been ambiguous about Arthas' role in Shadowlands (hmm, just like they tried to gloss over the fact that BfA was, in fact, an Old God expansion, hmm).

This is so obvious.
    No role, confirmed.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

They haven’t said that he is, but they also haven’t said that he isn’t. I think he’ll absolutely appear in some way or another, but more than likely mid-end expansion.

There's only one way we're not seeing Arthas this Xpac, and that's if he possess Anduin while they're both in the Maw, and he becomes a secret villain in future expansions

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Dont you ever get tired of being so damn edgy?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Dont you ever get tired of being so damn edgy?
    Who hurt you Lore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.