Why shouldn't Nintendo make a console on par with the PS5 and Xbox Series X that gets good third party support? If a Nintendo console got more third party support, more people would buy that console. Why do you accept mediocrity from Nintendo?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Why shouldn't Nintendo make a console on par with the PS5 and Xbox Series X that gets good third party support? If a Nintendo console got more third party support, more people would buy that console. Why do you accept mediocrity from Nintendo?
    Plenty of people are buying Switch.

Yea you know so many people bought gamecubes, oh wait nvm only 20 mil install base.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    TAKE MY MONEY

I fail to see the point. Just buy an NES Classic instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea you know so many people bought gamecubes, oh wait nvm only 20 mil install base.
    The GameCube underperformed because Nintendo chose to use mini-discs, which hurt its third party support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not like there's gonna be a discussion really over this anyway.

Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
    The risk of experimenting like they do is that it isolates them a bit, yeah.

But I doubt they'll hold up well in direct competition either now, they bowed out of that after the GameCube as you pointed out when Microsoft also entered the field.

The GameCube underperformed because Nintendo chose to use mini-discs, which hurt its third party support.
    The gamecube did not lack 3rd party support in the least. It got the vast majority of multiplatform games ported to it and also had an amazing library of 3rd party exclusives or timed exclusives. This is a myth made up to try to validate the shitty argument that Nintendo should compete with Sony and MS when they are clearly more successful when they aren't in direct competition with those two.

The Switch is currently selling faster then Nintendo can stock it and you're sitting here giving Nintendo advice on how to move more units? Shit is comical dude.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-16 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's not like there's gonna be a discussion really over this anyway.

Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
    The risk of experimenting like they do is that it isolates them a bit, yeah.

But I doubt they'll hold up well in direct competition either now, they bowed out of that after the GameCube as you pointed out when Microsoft also entered the field.
    I'd rather they continue being weird and experimental. There's a respectable base in doing your own thing instead of playing catch up with trends. And that's where Nintendo would be. Catching up if they abandoned what was working to be in direct competition when they don't really need to be.

Would you rather be the Wii or the Kinect/Move?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I fail to see the point. Just buy an NES Classic instead.
    I fail to see the point you are making. I am not buying this to play nintendo games on.

Its an exceptionally cool lego set with pretty nifty interactivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo third party support fell off with the Wii, not the gamecube.

I've no idea why there's people thinking the gamecube had a lacking game library.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinSum View Post
    I'd rather they continue being weird and experimental. There's a respectable base in doing your own thing instead of playing catch up with trends. And that's where Nintendo would be. Catching up if they abandoned what was working to be in direct competition when they don't really need to be.

Would you rather be the Wii or the Kinect/Move?
    Gonna be honest, completely forgot the PS Move even existed until just now.

But yeah, a good example of Nintendo being out there with strange experiments and it actually catching on to the point that it caused the other companies to try to compete.

And they both kinda flopped in doing so. Granted Sony did still keep the motion control aspect a bit through the PS4 controller but honestly I can't even remember how often I ever used that, outside of I think Infamous Second Son for the spray paint events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Gonna be honest, completely forgot the PS Move even existed until just now.

But yeah, a good example of Nintendo being out there with strange experiments and it actually catching on to the point that it caused the other companies to try to compete.

And they both kinda flopped in doing so. Granted Sony did still keep the motion control aspect a bit through the PS4 controller but honestly I can't even remember how often I ever used that, outside of I think Infamous Second Son for the spray paint events.
    It's a neat concept and feels more organic than "It's not a wiimote, we swear". Even if it occasionally gets crowbarred in like that track pad.

And it's a sight better than Microsoft who feels like they abandoned even harvesting the Kinect for good leftover ideas from the whole thing.

I'd rather Nintendo not do that to themselves chasing the 4K heroin dragon when they aren't in the position to threaten that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't stop the system from having great games though. It was just an excuse by developers who were unable to utilize compression or didn't want to release their games on multiple discs, which didn't hurt games like Tales of Symphonia and Resident Evil 4 (which was the defacto best version).

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need a third copycat clone console on the market?

Let Nintendo continue to do their own thing, if you want a high powered third party based gaming machine, buy Sony or Microsoft.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s not like it was hard to use multiple discs. My favorite Metal Gear experience may have been Game Cube as well. That controller was amazing.
    Twin Snakes is the definitive version of MGS. Also speaking of controllers the wavebird totally changed gaming for me growing up, not having to sit an arbitrary distance from the tv at all times, I could kick back across the room and not worry about being a trip hazard.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Twin Snakes is the definitive version of MGS. Also speaking of controllers the wavebird totally changed gaming for me growing up, not having to sit an arbitrary distance from the tv at all times, I could kick back across the room and not worry about being a trip hazard.
    Twin Snakes is the only way I can stand playing the original MGS. I tried the Playstation version several times and I just cannot get into it. It's simple things, like not being able to cancel shooting once you have the trigger pressed (like if someone moves and you decide no, I don't want to shoot after all). And the stealth being VERY simplistic compared to the remake (which used the MGS2 engine). The graphics you kind of have to look past, because nothing on the original Playstation looked very good, and they did what they could with the hardware. But being able to actually see what you're doing in the remake makes the game so much better.

Has anyone bothered to pick up Paper Mario? How is it? I have it fairly low on my priority list(if this were any other console I’d wait on a sale) but I’m wondering if it’s worth grabbing sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Has anyone bothered to pick up Paper Mario? How is it? I have it fairly low on my priority list(if this were any other console I’d wait on a sale) but I’m wondering if it’s worth grabbing sooner.
    I'm not a fan of generic adventure games with a paper mario skin so nah. Nintendo can call me when they allow Intelligent Systems to actually make Paper Mario RPGs again.

Just cleared the first streamer and so far it is fantastic. Just go in with the right mindset and it's easily the best Paper Mario we've gotten in years (though admittedly I never player Color Splash but I heard good things).

Im very early in so far but its pretty darn good so far.

I have feeling combat is gonna be annoying as the game progresses.