Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    you would look less stupid if you watched the first 30 seconds of the clip before posting
    He says that now, but when they lose the race to some guild who could swap optimal covenants on every boss I'm sure he'll change his tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    He says that now, but when they lose the race to some guild who could swap optimal covenants on every boss I'm sure he'll change his tone.
    whatever means you don't have to admit you're talking out of your ass so that you can be negative for the sake of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure, they won't have 2.

They will have 4.
    And in what way it concerns us, how hard top guilds play? They will ALWAYS do w/e it takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there goes the alt friendliness of this expansion.

Doing one M15 each week is a chore. Doing 15 M15 each week is gonna take whole weekend.

For every week.

For two years.

Not to mention the forced PVP grind.

I already feel burnt out by just looking at this.
    Yes, yes, you will have to defo do 15 runs. Wait, no! We forgot about other faction! That's 30 runs. Wait...what about other realms? Aw geeez...
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-07-30 at 08:02 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And in what way it concerns us, how hard top guilds play? They will ALWAYS do w/e it takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes, you will have to defo do 15 runs. Wait, no! We forgot about other faction! That's 30 runs. Wait...what about other realms? Aw geeez...
    Nobody can have alts with these requirements

And then those guilds burn out hard, and the next tier is dominated by the guilds who figured out the ideal point to stop caring about alts while still having options.

Remember back in Legion? Loads of top e d players burned out because they figured they should go as hard as humanly possible, which at that time meant grinding alts until you got the ideal two legiondaries.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes! SL no alts xpac, cuz every guild and every player will require 15 runs per week, each week!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But what if there is a soft cap on legendary effects. Might have to reroll the same alt a couple times until you get lucky.
    Not to mention the lower gear drops meaning you might have to keep 3-4 alts for each covenant/class combo to ensure you get the ideal loadout easily.

I don't get it. I just don't get it. Why is there this obsessive compulsive need to go "an option exists, so I MUST use it".
    There is this massive problem in the high tier player community mindset where they are adamant about all content being mandatory because you need to be optimal at all times, jump through every hoop set before them and game the system to its maximum, and then complain about the timesink.

I'm gonna add on that I don't even like the covenant lock. I'd prefer if I could change it freely or with relative ease. I want to try out all four abilities in meaningful content. Yes, it's a meaningful RPG choice, and yes, those exist (picking your starter in Pokemon is an obvious example of this). The thing is that the covenant style choice just doesn't work for WoW. The story stuff is whatever, I will play through that on alts of other classes. The abilities themselves though, no one is gonna play and gear multiple of the same class just for the amazing gameplay difference of one ability (that's typically on a minute+ cooldown to boot). But in RPGs, the fun is that you can customize your build and sometimes influence the story to suit you, and the replayability comes from doing different builds on different playthroughs. That sort of choice in WoW comes from the classes (and factions depending on how much faction specific content in the expansion). The covenants don't really add anything to it, at least not in the way that I like playing games

And yeah, Blizzard is often stubborn and it's annoying that the game isn't as good as it could be. That is on them. But making up bullshit just so you can be negative on forums doesn't improve the situation. Don't be that guy. If you actually want the game to be the best it can be because you love it, make sure your feedback is meaningful and well thought out and isn't just throwing a tantrum because you didn't get your way.

Well there goes the alt friendliness of this expansion.

Doing one M15 each week is a chore. Doing 15 M15 each week is gonna take whole weekend.

For every week.

For two years.

Not to mention the forced PVP grind.

I already feel burnt out by just looking at this.
    Bro if you feel burnt out by looking at this just quit already. This system is aimed at maximizing the choices you can potentially have and the sources from which you get them. You can only choose 1 you only get more options not more pieces of gear. Imagine that before, this thing existed but you werent able to see it. And the only square that was available was the "complete 1 mythic dungeon". Now you have more choices if you want to do more. No one is forcing you. If you re a player that doesnt have time to do all this then its absolutely normal and I dont think the intention of blizzard is for you to do everything. The intention is that a pvper can now get things from doing pvp and the people that do more pvp can get 3 options from pvp. A guy who really enjoys burning through mythic + dungeons can now get 3 options from mythic plus dungeons and raiders can get 3 options from raiding. It seems like tier 1 and 2 of everything is pretty easy to do so the average player will have about 4-6 options per week which is awesome. A really hardcore person who has time to do every single thing on this should of course be rewarded with more choices. I dont see whats wrong with that. I personally dont see myself ever getting the last choice of that mythic plus row with the time I currently have but guess what. That is OK.
    Even if I only get 2 things to choose from on a busy week this is still a much better alternative than what we currently have.
    Stop obsessing about unlocking every singe option every single week as if you re getting paid for it or you re in the top 1% of mythic world first raiders.

People need to learn to schedule their own playtime and not have anything or anyone else decide how much they play.

I can't believe people "burn out" thinking they "have" to do this. If people don't want to play, they should just... not play?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-30 at 08:39 AM.

The Mythic+ weekly system reward grid looks great and fine. The biggest problem is players' reading comprehension right now, not reading the actual picture properly or understanding why its good.

The only change id suggest is remove RaidFinder from counting towards raid bosses. Not only do lots of people hate raidfinder, if they go i raidfinder (even optionally choose to) they'll just afk or be toxic thru it. The place is toxic and shit enough. Let raid bosses only count from normal+heroic+mythic only, and adjust count required if necessary to doso.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2020-07-30 at 08:40 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Ybph-N6qc

Seems Taelia and Calia are both going to have a role to play in Shadowlands. And we can finally put to rest the Calia being Taelia's mother theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post

Seems Taelia and Calia are both going to have a role to play in Shadowlands. And we can finally put to rest the Calia being Taelia's mother theory.
    Was obvious Taelia will have a role, considering Bolvar is one of the major NPC's. They did bring her in BfA for that specific reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The Mythic+ weekly system reward grid looks great and fine. The biggest problem is players' reading comprehension right now, not reading the actual picture properly or understanding why its good.

The only change id suggest is remove RaidFinder from counting towards raid bosses. Not only do lots of people hate raidfinder, if they go i raidfinder (even optionally choose to) they'll just afk or be toxic thru it. The place is toxic and shit enough. Let raid bosses only count from normal+heroic+mythic only, and adjust count required if necessary to doso.
    Nobody would do LFR for it anyways, because it would turn your rewards into LFR tier rewards.

Nobody would do LFR for it anyways, because it would turn your rewards into LFR tier rewards.
    Is this how it works? I kill 7 heroic raid bosses to I get to choose between 2 heroic ilvl rewards?

What about M+? I do 5 M+10 so I get to choose between 2 ....what ilvl then? M+10 ilvl or M+10 ilvl + 10 ?

Is there any info in how the ilvl of the chest relates to ilvl of the content?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Is this how it works? I kill 7 heroic raid bosses to I get to choose between 2 heroic ilvl rewards?

What about M+? I do 5 M+10 so I get to choose between 2 ....what ilvl then? M+10 ilvl or M+10 ilvl + 10 ?

Here are the tooltips:

WEEKLY_REWARDS_COMPLETE_RAID
    Complete this activity on %s difficulty.
    WEEKLY_REWARDS_COMPLETE_MYTHIC
    Complete Mythic Level %1$d dungeons. The reward is based on the lowest level of your top %2$d runs.
    RATED_PVP_WEEKLY_VAULT_TOOLTIP
    %s/%s rewards unlocked this week.\n\nThe item level of your Great Vault reward is %s, based on your highest bracket win this week (%s).

For Mythic+ is it explicitly stated it will be based on the lowest level of dungeon you complete. Raid likely gives you the ilvl for the difficulty you completed, so do LFR and get LFR rewards.

Sure they can. The requirement is merely a single M+ just like now. You're running yourself ragged because you're trying to to perfect rather than good enough. That's not smart, that's dumb as brick play.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

I doubt it would lower the iLvl of other rewards at the very least. Worst case, LFR bosses will limit raid rewards to LFR.

So how is this chest thing going to work? What do the 3 tiers represent?
    Is each tier a new item level? -> great for the raid chest, complete lunacy for the m+ chest.
    Odds of showing up in your chest? -> What would be the point of that? So if I feel like running m+ I'd ruin my chances of raid stuff appearing?
    Something else entirely??
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-30 at 09:05 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post

The Calia/Taelia theory will be dead only when the characters conclusively confirm their significant others are other people. Until we see Taelias mother or Calias daughter the theory will never die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So how is this chest thing going to work? What do the 3 tiers represent?
    Is each tier a new item level? -> great for the raid chest, complete lunacy for the m+ chest.
    Odds of showing up in your chest? -> What would be the point of that? So if I feel like running m+ I'd ruin my chances of raid stuff appearing?
    Something else entirely??
    Pretty confident each different type of content gives different loot. So if you did 3 raid bosses but 15 M+ dungeons then you would get a pick between 3 pieces of dungeon loot and a piece of raid gear.