Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Vermintide is, iirc, before the events of Total War.
    There is barely any connection between the two, but Total War series happens before End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    There is barely any connection between the two, but Total War series happens before End Times.
    Total War Warhammer also plays out the End Times. In it's own way.
    It's basically a sandbox that starts slighly before it though, yeah.
    Vermintide on the other hand is in the middle of it and you are basically winning by delaying stuff a day or two.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-30 at 10:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I really really really want to get into warhammer universe but I am so confused as to what order I should play. I love games with a good long lore.
    I see that there is warhammer, then warhammer 40k universse, then total war, also vermintide 1 and 2 and then this.

I really cannot understand even after google searches.
    Can someone please enlighten me? Where should I start? As I said, i am really into the lore. and got only pc, no consoles. If any of you guys can help me with a play order list, I will be so happy.
    As said before WH fantasy is a different universe then wH 40k, Vermitide 1&2 is in the "old" Fantasy universe which isn´t arround any longer in terms of the tabletop (which is the original all the games draw from), The total war games are also playing in that "old" fantasy universe which got so tos ay "deleted" and they then made a new one where some of the old chars just transferred over.

WH 40k is basically started as fantasy in space (like blizz first did with starcraft) before they defined it more and made it morehis own thing. It´s the bigger one (not shure how good the new fantasy is going tbh) and is really really popular.

And for order of gaming: There is no order, it´s just that you won´t get certai things if you do´t know the lore of both universes and you will loose much of the atmosphere with that.

If you really want to get into the iniverses read the books/hear the audiobooks. And watch some lore vids on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Total War Warhammer also plays out the End Times. In it's own way.
    If you mean the current Chaos invasions, then that seems to be more of their version of "storm of chaos". But they are definitely building up to End Times content, there are many hints for that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    The main issue with adding new characters is primarily the cost/time of VOs, based on what I understand with the information I've found. Sales wise Vermintide has done pretty decently for its niche, selling over 2 million copies as of December 2019 so they've definitely pulled SOME money, but not enough to bring every voice actor in to dub interaction lines for new characters. The fact that some of the careers are more 'racial' than others (Grail Knight for Gruber, Welf/Helf/Delf for Kerillian) kinda confirms it IMO, since all they have to do is record new lines (in the case of Gruber, at least) for ONE character instead of all of them. It's a passable fix I guess, but I'm sad we'll never have a proper vampire, sorceress, skink, ect hero. :<
    Ya while it has some money coming in with say winds of magic and the map packs/grail knight I doubt it’s that big of a money maker and voice actors don’t come cheap. I kinda wish games workshop would pick up fat shark and fund them to really expand upon the end times but I doubt they would do so as most warhammer games seems to just live and die on there own.

That's very true, though I like to think that there's a number of potential solutions that would open up customization choices. There's a lot of different and very flavorful regiments with distinct looks and specializations, all of them pretty unique in their own rights. Tanith First-and-Only, Death Korps of Krieg, Catachan Devils, Maccabian Janissaries, the list goes on and on and each one lends itself to a different class imo.

Me? I'd like to see them loosely follow the Payday 2 rout by giving us new 'regiments' with unique talent trees and weapons instead of characters. Tanith stealth snipers, Krieg grenadiers with a Hellgun, Devils with knives/demo charges/shotgun, Maccabians with nifty flak armor and the ability to piss everyone off. Beyond that there's nothing stopping them from adding Bone'eads, or even opening up the SPESS MEHRINES with Deathwatch, then adding more Chapters as they join the fight by request of whatever Inquisitor is at the heart of this shitshow. That's not including options like Sanctioned Psykers, Battle Mommies, those nerds from Mars, Sisters of Silence or even some Hector Rex lookin' Inquisitors. I mean hell, heretical though it might be I could see some Ynnari bouncing around.

There's a lot of options, it's just a question if Fatshark is willing to gamble on it. Who knows? They seem to make weird calls a lot so I guess we'll see when we see.
    Ya Things like a sister of silence or a tech priest could be really cool so hopefully they don’t limit it to just guards men even if they don’t go full space marine.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Vermintide is, iirc, before the events of Total War.
    Not really. Total War starts at Karl Franz's coronation as Emperor which is several (I think 20?) years before the End Times. Of course Total War also doesn't follow the official continuity at all, being a sandbox and featuring characters that shouldn't be active by that timeframe, such as Vlad and Repanse. Then again, maybe we'll find out at some point that Vermintide is also an alternate continuity where you stop the End Times, at this point the main characters are overpowered enough for that to be a possibility almost.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ya while it has some money coming in with say winds of magic and the map packs/grail knight I doubt it’s that big of a money maker and voice actors don’t come cheap. I kinda wish games workshop would pick up fat shark and fund them to really expand upon the end times but I doubt they would do so as most warhammer games seems to just live and die on there own.

Ya Things like a sister of silence or a tech priest could be really cool so hopefully they don’t limit it to just guards men even if they don’t go full space marine.
    Well they did say in their annual report that they are going to focus more on tripple a games in the future along with more shows and other media.

GW are doing extremely well profit wise so I hope we will see more quality games soon.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's better for some companies to grow at their own pace, rather than to get large injection of funds as that generally means how they make games and the goals they have to be adjusted accordingly and not always for the better.

Considering they are now on another game and still expanding their current one i would say they are in a fairly good place, they also appear to be responsive to player feedback. I mean they have come a long way since "krater".

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Well they did say in their annual report that they are going to focus more on tripple a games in the future along with more shows and other media.

GW are doing extremely well profit wise so I hope we will see more quality games soon.
    Oh how the primaris have brought not only hope to the imperium but to games workshop as well.

And also has brought despair to my space wolves, ugh.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Hopefully when they say triple A games they don’t just mean giving the IP to company’s like EA and it’s more like fat shark and who ever makes the total war games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's better for some companies to grow at their own pace, rather than to get large injection of funds as that generally means how they make games and the goals they have to be adjusted accordingly and not always for the better.

Considering they are now on another game and still expanding their current one i would say they are in a fairly good place, they also appear to be responsive to player feedback. I mean they have come a long way since "krater".
    While it can most defiantly hurt a studio to have money thrown at them n the case of getting direct support from GW I don’t think it would. Fat shark has done pretty wonderfully at listening to the fans and I’d think if GW purposed you fit the bill for further expanding upon the end time they would stick to form and do it justice. But all of this could just be wishful thinking on my end.

They of course don’t need something like this as they have dark tide coming out now and vermintide isn’t dead but even not having to worry about something like voice acting which isn’t cheap would likely open up so much they could do.

Hopefully when they say triple A games they don’t just mean giving the IP to company’s like EA and it’s more like fat shark and who ever makes the total war games..
    Yeah hope so too but i would not mind a quality Battlefield 40K game if well made, BF5 was so so but BF1 was amazing and battlefront 2 was also great fun for a while even after all the shady businesses with lootboxes and whatnot.

We need a proper Dawn of War 1&2 sequel but i doubt that would happen after the dow 3 fail.

Space Marine 2 would be awesome too.

Something i would love is a Alien Isolation kind of game set in the 40K universe.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-30 at 04:46 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something i would love is a Alien Isolation kind of game set in the 40K universe.
    The thing about GW is that they whore out their license enough so, given time, this could happen.

Now whether or not it'll be any good is an entirely separate matter.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Yeah hope so too but i would not mind a quality Battlefield 40K game if well made, BF5 was so so but BF1 was amazing and battlefront 2 was also great fun for a while even after all the shady businesses with lootboxes and whatnot.

We need a proper Dawn of War 1&2 sequel but i doubt that would happen after the dow 3 fail.

Space Marine 2 would be awesome too.

Yeah, both of these things, please - a good Dawn of War and SM2 continuing the story where it left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yeah, both of these things, please - a good Dawn of War and SM2 continuing the story where it left off.
    The author of SM said that he had planne dfor 2 more games, the second one was somthing about Titus being in the clutches if the Inquisition and he had to prove himself/escpape (or something similar) and the third would him have his own chapter somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I really really really want to get into warhammer universe but I am so confused as to what order I should play. I love games with a good long lore.
    I see that there is warhammer, then warhammer 40k universse, then total war, also vermintide 1 and 2 and then this.

I really cannot understand even after google searches.
    Can someone please enlighten me? Where should I start? As I said, i am really into the lore. and got only pc, no consoles. If any of you guys can help me with a play order list, I will be so happy.
    There is no order and WH (especially 40k) is specifically built to accomodate "this might have actually happened at some point" battle scenarios. There is lore, but you won't find it in any of the video games, I think only Space Marine and DoW have stories that are more or less canon. Total War is pretty much a sandbox with a very barebones story. If you want to actually get into lore, you have to read the books, and as for the games - play the ones whose genres you enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    There is no order and WH (especially 40k) is specifically built to accomodate "this might have actually happened at some point" battle scenarios. There is lore, but you won't find it in any of the video games, I think only Space Marine and DoW have stories that are more or less canon. Total War is pretty much a sandbox with a very barebones story. If you want to actually get into lore, you have to read the books, and as for the games - play the ones whose genres you enjoy.
    Yeah, most of the games are non-canon, and most of them deal with Space Marines. You'll get the occasional game that looks at another race, but most of those will be more of a sandbox strategy game like Gladius. To really get into the lore, you need to do a lot of reading. The Warhammer 40K Fandom (wiki) is a great place to get a good amount of information without needing to read all of the various books. What I did was get a good overview of each of the factions, then just delve into one, while will pretty much spiral into 1000 more links. There is no proper order in which to read any of this, just jump in. I'm a 40K noob myself, so I'm still learning quite a bit, and I've spent many of hours on the 40K Fandom site.

Warhammer (Fantasy) And Warhammer 40K are two separate things that just happen to share some stuff like the chaos gods and the orcs/orks. You won't gain anything for 40K by reading up on Fantasy, and vice versa.

As for the different games, like Airlick said, they're not really canon, and most don't really delve into any lore. What they can do, however, is immerse you into the universe. Inquisitor: Martyr, for example, has all of the lingo down, and you get a good understanding about Inquisitors, and get a bit of insight into the AdMech and even the Space Marines, to an extent (he's the flattest of the characters, and single minded, but it also seems fitting for the character). Gladius, as a turn-based 4X, has a decent amount of fluff added in for the various technology upgrades, as well as their big side mission goals. Mechanics doesn't delve into the lore, but it gives you a great inside look at how the AdMech kind of works, and how they can have different personalities sharing the same common goal. But again, none of these are canon, nor do they delve into the lore. Instead, they accentuate the lore, and are interesting enough to get you to delve into the lore outside the games.

Gonna post this here instead of making new topic, teaser 2 featuring Tau, full one is in September.

Fans keep on making sick 40k content.

First gameplay and information will drop tomorrow btw, extremely hyped for this game.

First gameplay and information will drop tomorrow btw, extremely hyped for this game.
    Same. The Vermintide formular is pretty great. Let's just hope they have learned their lesson from the previous progression systems.

I may be really into WH40K stuff but I'm really not into Vermintide.