10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    It's only one side of the aisle that keeps downplaying this pandemic for some reason though (well the reason why is actually very obvious).
    I wonder if they change tone now that one of their prominent names and spokesman of their rhetoric has fallen to the disease.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I wonder if they change tone now that one of their prominent names and spokesman of their rhetoric has fallen to the disease.
    Considering a candidate was screeching that the Democrats have a cure but are letting it kill Republicans i'm going to with

No.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I mean...Cain isn't exactly a "prominent" name in the GOP. He's notable largely for being one of the handful of black Republican's that's run for president and being a rich black conservative, ignoring that his campaign was a complete and utter disaster more fitting for Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan. He had no actual political career in public office.

Plus the co-founder of Turning Point USA died of it recently as well.

They don't fucking care. Because it remains in their political interests not to care and instead to maintain the same position of rejecting the severity of the pandemic while blaming it on China and Democrats, with a dash of "It's all a hoax anyways!" for flavor.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting poll done by Pew.....https://www.foxnews.com/world/americ...navirus-survey

A new Pew Research Center survey found over three-quarters of American adults blame the Chinese government for the global spread of the coronavirus and over 60 percent of respondents said the country has done a poor job handling the aftermath of the outbreak.

The survey, which polled 1,003 individuals and was conducted from June 16 to July 14, showed 73 percent of U.S. adults have an unfavorable view of the country, which marks the most negative rating in the 15 years that Pew Research Center has been conducting polling on the subject, according to a press release.

Negative views toward China have also increased by 7 percentage points over the last four months alone and have gone up 26 points since 2018.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Interesting poll done by Pew.....https://www.foxnews.com/world/americ...navirus-survey

A new Pew Research Center survey found over three-quarters of American adults blame the Chinese government for the global spread of the coronavirus and over 60 percent of respondents said the country has done a poor job handling the aftermath of the outbreak.

The survey, which polled 1,003 individuals and was conducted from June 16 to July 14, showed 73 percent of U.S. adults have an unfavorable view of the country, which marks the most negative rating in the 15 years that Pew Research Center has been conducting polling on the subject, according to a press release.

Negative views toward China have also increased by 7 percentage points over the last four months alone and have gone up 26 points since 2018.
    Good lord there's just so much nonsense to unpack in the messed up views of many Americans.

It ain't China's fuckin fault that the US monumentally failed to prepare for the virus and continues to fail at combatting it this day. Can't blame China for 6+ months of the shitshow that has been the overall US response.

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...Cain isn't exactly a "prominent" name in the GOP. He's notable largely for being one of the handful of black Republican's that's run for president and being a rich black conservative, ignoring that his campaign was a complete and utter disaster more fitting for Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan. He had no actual political career in public office.
    He rose in conservative ranks by being an outspoken conservative CEO. Basically an conservative 'influencer' known a political commenter and radio personality.

Picture whoever comes to mind when think of 'respected left-wing commenter'. That's Cain for conservatives.

He rose in conservative ranks by being an outspoken conservative CEO. Basically an conservative 'influencer' known a political commenter and radio personality.

Picture whoever comes to mind when think of 'respected left-wing commenter'. That's Cain for conservatives.
    He rose in conservative ranks because he was "the Black Friend" that the Republican party used to "prove" it isn't racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    He rose in conservative ranks because he was "the Black Friend" that the Republican party used to "prove" it isn't racist.
    Pretty much this finding someone of color in the republican party is like playing where's Waldo on hard mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Pretty much this finding someone of color in the republican party is like playing where's Waldo on hard mode.
    It's gonna be even harder now that ScarJo is following many other celebrity leads and has stated she doesn't think it is appropriate for her as a white woman to continue to play the character of Candace Owens.

Sorry, not sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I know I'm a bit late to the party at this point. But those GDP numbers from today are fucking staggering. The US had 3x worse of a contraction than most European countries as well as Canada. The US sacrificed people to try to prop up the economy and it still collapsed harder than any other country in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I know I'm a bit late to the party at this point. But those GDP numbers from today are fucking staggering. The US had 3x worse of a contraction than most European countries as well as Canada. The US sacrificed people to try to prop up the economy and it still collapsed harder than any other country in the world.
    Yeah, but... you got to admit our ability to not give a shit about 150000 dead, is impressive... some would say, bigly impressive...

Trump’s first tweet after GDP, was not about covid or GDP... it was to asking to delay the elections.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-31 at 01:12 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's almost as if our country is being run by an incompetent, wholly corrupt, know-nothing charlatan with at least one personality disorder. God I fucking hate all of the scum that put our country in this place.

Almost like being a death cult generally ain't such a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, but... you got to admit our ability to not give a shit about 150000 dead, is impressive... some would say, bigly impressive...

Trump’s first tweet after GDP, was not about covid or GDP... it was to asking to delay the elections.
    Trump barely cares about his kids it could be 150 million Americans and he would give no fucks if his poll numbers were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    -snip-
    Weird, I thought the Southern handwashing technique was washing your hands of believing in science once it became economically and politically convenient to do so vis a vis Florida and Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP said try? The are still betting on economic numbers from school reopenings and by extension tax holidays for school clothes/supplies. Well see how next weekend goes but expect to see Trump and his cheerleaders really push for schools to reopen next week. They really only need the rah-rah to last through the weekend as parents buy supplies thinking their kids have to return to brick and mortar classrooms.

I don't read Trump's Twitter often but did I miss him throwing a fit about retailers saying they'll be closed Thanksgiving (and I bet that means some won't be pushing traditional Black Friday as hard)? Kind of funny because Thanksgiving is after the election, he doesn't seem too confident about winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    starting saturday tony evans has mandated face covering in public faces or a 200$ fine until september.
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ay/5531264002/
    not sure if it will last long enough to go into effect.....gop lawmakers will probably challenge it and it will be doa.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

god republicans can't even be realistic with themselves.

i guess its easier to blame china than your own party.

Do you believe this poll? Last time we checked you did not believe any of the current election and approval polls....well except for the occasional one you find that had been "paid" to show all the other polls are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

The GOP said try? The are still betting on economic numbers from school reopenings and by extension tax holidays for school clothes/supplies. Well see how next weekend goes but expect to see Trump and his cheerleaders really push for schools to reopen next week. They really only need the rah-rah to last through the weekend as parents buy supplies thinking their kids have to return to brick and mortar classrooms.

I don't read Trump's Twitter often but did I miss him throwing a fit about retailers saying they'll be closed Thanksgiving (and I bet that means some won't be pushing traditional Black Friday as hard)? Kind of funny because Thanksgiving is after the election, he doesn't seem too confident about winning.
    umm, maga something something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

deflect away from the really bad news to something he knows can't happen and will blow over in a few weeks.
    grifters are good at that
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!