10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I agree there should be a full inquiry of what happened. And did they have the right to shoot on the fleeing car or not (in the US law ?). If not, the shooter should be charged and the judge will decide(oh, you did forget you were not a judge?).

And with hindsight, it is always easy for keyboard warrior to say what other ppl should have done.
    I could be wrong but I think the policy is that they would have to be fearing for their lives. Some states also have a fleeing felon law that allows shooting if there is no other way to prevent the escape. In this situation, the caller said he was holding a woman hostage, which he clearly wasn't. They also verified he had no weapons on his person.

It's easy to sit back and say what should've been done while not being in the situation and not having the benefit of hindsight but it seems like after verifying he didn't have a weapon on him, they could've explained the situation, had him sit or lay down while they secured the car and checked for a hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the policy is that they would have to be fearing for their lives. Some states also have a fleeing felon law that allows shooting if there is no other way to prevent the escape. In this situation, the caller said he was holding a woman hostage, which he clearly wasn't. They also verified he had no weapons on his person.

It's easy to sit back and say what should've been done while not being in the situation and not having the benefit of hindsight but it seems like after verifying he didn't have a weapon on him, they could've explained the situation, had him sit or lay down while they secured the car and checked for a hostage.
    Nah, better just bean him in the face with a beanbag and confuse the shit out of him.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Nah, better just bean him in the face with a beanbag and confuse the shit out of him.
    I've heard shooting someone with a beanbag is the best way to de-escalate a situation and calm people down.

Especially the freaked the fuck out cops all pointing guns at the someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree there should be a full inquiry of what happened. And did they have the right to shoot on the fleeing car or not (in the US law ?). If not, the shooter should be charged and the judge will decide(oh, you did forget you were not a judge?).
    I was clearly making an "ought" argument, not an "is" argument. Don't be obtuse.

Stating that a thing might be technically legal, even when it's gallingly abusive, just underscores how broken American policing is, ethically and systemically.

And with hindsight, it is always easy for keyboard warrior to say what other ppl should have done.
    Oh, horse shit. If you can't figure out that you shouldn't shoot at an unarmed fleeing citizen, you're a danger to society and should not have been able to pass your psych eval to become an officer. Because you're either a psychopath, or colossally fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've heard shooting someone with a beanbag is the best way to de-escalate a situation and calm people down.

Especially the freaked the fuck out cops all pointing guns at the someone.
    Maybe you should apply to the Police Academy and show them how you get shit done ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I was clearly making an "ought" argument, not an "is" argument. Don't be obtuse.

Stating that a thing might be technically legal, even when it's gallingly abusive, just underscores how broken American policing is, ethically and systemically.

Oh, horse shit. If you can't figure out that you shouldn't shoot at an unarmed fleeing citizen, you're a danger to society and should not have been able to pass your psych eval to become an officer. Because you're either a psychopath, or colossally fucking stupid.
    What are you waiting for ? Apply to the Police Academy and show them how you would handle this situation.

Maybe you should apply to the Police Academy and show them how you get shit done ?
    Me not being a police officer has nothing to do with police officers fucking sucking at their jobs and getting people killed.

Why are you so desperate to continue defending poorly trained police that easily freak the fuck out and assault/kill people?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    You sure seem to enjoy defending shitty police behavior no matter how bad it is. Amazing enlightened centrism.
    Are you also scared of black people standing still with their arms up in the air?
    I do not defend bad behavior in the Police as I am all for them getting charged and sentenced if they are found guilty. But I am all against ppl saying that they should have done that or this while they are standing behind their monitor.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1289628398260596737

Is it true that they are burning Bibles? I can't see the text of the books clearly. In this day and age it's important to verify with your own eyes, to see what is being alleged to be happening with your own two eyes.

Are they really burning Bibles in Portland in protests against the treatment of black people in America? Is this even in Portland? Does anyone have any kind of confirmation or more information?

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGbHxjjrCFE

2014 ... so anyone still arguing people should've protested in peace before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Except you are defending them.
    Okay, show me where I am defending them. Maybe when I was saying that they shoud be charged and sentenced if found guilty ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

Is it true that they are burning Bibles? I can't see the text of the books clearly. In this day and age it's important to verify with your own eyes, to see what is being alleged to be happening with your own two eyes.

Are they really burning Bibles in Portland in protests against the treatment of black people in America? Is this even in Portland? Does anyone have any kind of confirmation or more information?
    At least you are transparent, unlike the people you helped put in office.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you waiting for ? Apply to the Police Academy and show them how you would handle this situation.
    I'm struggling to figure out why you'd think that's a reasonable response.

Plus, we don't have these issues with police in Canada, really. So even if I did, I'd just be trained properly, rather than being taught to be a chickenshit coward with a gun who panic-shoots when their anxiety ticks up slightly.

I've been in high-stress situations before, and I have never thought about shooting someone "just to be safe". Get the fuck out of here, trying to normalize that kind of misanthropy and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    At least you are transparent, unlike the people you helped put in office.
    I am transparently Christian, absolutely, and I don't see what burning the Bible has to do with improving black lives. Turning from the Bible will destroy any life, no less a black life.

I can't confirm it all though, since I wasn't there and the video is blurry. There's a lot of misinformation out there even from sources you'd find yourself readily willing to believe. As a matter of fact, that's a pretty easy way to get deceived, to have people you naturally want to believe deliver to you information you're naturally willing to believe.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-01 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

10+ Year Old Account

Even if they are, so fucking what?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Even if they are, so fucking what?
    Would that the rules of the forum would allow me to explain, but proselytization of the gospel of Jesus Christ is banned on the forum.

I am transparently Christian, absolutely, and I don't see what burning the Bible has to do with improving black lives. Turning from the Bible will destroy any life, no less a black life.

I can't confirm it all though, since I wasn't there and the video is blurry. There's a lot of misinformation out there even from sources you'd find yourself readily willing to believe. As a matter of fact, that's a pretty easy way to get deceived, to have people you naturally want to believe deliver to you information you're naturally willing to believe.
    You can take this new tactic of yours and shove it up your ass.

It's disgusting watching you use a religion to score points on a gaming forum.

What a load of shit.

Your behavior throughout this thread is proof enough.
    Twitter premium material right here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, show me where I am defending them. Maybe when I was saying that they shoud be charged and sentenced if found guilty ?
    For that laws would need to be changed so they can be charged and sentenced for shit they do. Often they practically can't. Hence the protests.

Well, they might be burning bibles since it's absolutely clear that Police in America don't follow it? So they do it as a sign of symbolism?
    They might be burning bibles since the right wing in america is clearly turning away from the important messages of the new testament?
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You can take this new tactic of yours and shove it up your ass.

It's disgusting watching you use a religion to score points on a gaming forum.
    There's no points to score here on this planet. Moth comes to eat and rust comes to destroy whatever we build up here on Earth. Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven is my advice.

I try to abide by the rules prohibiting religious discussion, but I am who I am. And when I see the protesters burning Bibles, it interests me. It's a development that captures my attention.

There's no points to score here on this planet. Moth comes to eat and rust comes to destroy whatever we build up here on Earth. Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven is my advice.

I try to abide by the rules prohibiting religious discussion, but I am who I am. And when I see the protesters burning Bibles, it interests me. It's a development that captures my attention.
    There's no law against it but I am sure you would like there to be.