Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    didn't bother to read any thread about the topic but some questions emerge - mostly cosmetic stuff

are they supposed to be in the mech all the time?

if yes:
    you realize they would have to be quite tiny in order to fit through all the doors?
    will they be able to use mounts at all? - a mech riding a horse seems both silly and redundant to me
    how will armor pieces be displayed? just on the pilot? - given how tiny the pilot would have to be, there will be little to now room for "fashioncraft"
    Size wise: A Tinker in mech form should be no larger than a fully armored male Draenei or Tauren. Which is another reason why it should be limited to the shorter races, because that size difference would be notable for the player.

Mounts: Like Druids, the Tinker's mech form should also have "travel forms". However, if the player wants to use standard mounts, they'll simply exit mech mode and ride a mount in "pilot form".

I think this is a reason why the Tinker concept is popular; Because it has aspects of one of the most popular classes in the game.

On topic:
    I don't dislike the idea of the tinker itself. I dislike the flood of threads emerging about it.
    Can you provide links to this "flood of threads"?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-08-03 at 12:33 PM.

didn't bother to read any thread about the topic but some questions emerge - mostly cosmetic stuff

are they supposed to be in the mech all the time?

if yes:
    you realize they would have to be quite tiny in order to fit through all the doors?
    will they be able to use mounts at all? - a mech riding a horse seems both silly and redundant to me
    how will armor pieces be displayed? just on the pilot? - given how tiny the pilot would have to be, there will be little to now room for "fashioncraft"

if no:
    will the mech be more like a worgen-esque combat form?
    or like a CD like DH Metamorphosis?

personally, I would be preferring it to be like the worgen-form.

I don't see blizz using resources on some unique equipment for the mech or other UI stuff like skilltrees etc.
    those things would grant an expansion style feature for everyone like legion artifacts.

so, mechs would just end up as a customisation option at character-creation/barber shop

that said, even if you guys are annoying as hell with all these threads, I don't see a big problem with tinkers being a thing

On topic:
    I don't dislike the idea of the tinker itself. I dislike the flood of threads emerging about it.
    I think that Suit should be like worgen-esque combat form.
    Maybe customization at start in character selection screen (choose tints, colors of metal, pictures on cabin) maybe even from talents ontop of it. Imagine pick talent like "Dual Lazers" and second lazergun apears on shoulders of your suit. Make it more ST damage while reducing AoE damage. Or some "Endless Backpack" with more grenades damage while reducing ST damage. Make it in same row to compete with each other.
    Or "Dual Lazers" compete with "Azerite empowerment" than empower your lazer to some AoE damage. Possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    [...]Can you provide links to this "flood of threads"?
    About 1k threads containing 'tinker' in the title

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    I think that Suit should be like worgen-esque combat form.
    Maybe customization at start in character selection screen (choose tints, colors of metal, pictures on cabin) maybe even from talents ontop of it. Imagine pick talent like "Dual Lazers" and second lazergun apears on shoulders of your suit. Make it more ST damage while reducing AoE damage. Or some "Endless Backpack" with more grenades damage while reducing ST damage. Make it in same row to compete with each other.
    Or "Dual Lazers" compete with "Azerite empowerment" than empower your lazer to some AoE damage. Possibilities are endless.
    That was sort of what my idea for "Magnetize" came from. In Hearthstone, the mechs could fuse together and share stats and abilities. Imagine you're in mech mode, and you have a turret deployed, and your group needs to move. Instead of simply leaving your turret behind or blowing it up to pick up scrap, you could fuse it with your mech, giving you some sort of bonus effect or weapon type for a limited duration. And yeah, like you mentioned, it would show up as laser canons on your shoulder, or maybe transform one of your arms into a canon for a short period of time.

Another example of how awesome a mech-based class would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Your link doesn't work. However, if you're linking to what I think you're linking to, you're talking about threads going back over a decade.

[...]Your link doesn't work. However, if you're linking to what I think you're linking to, you're talking about threads going back over a decade.
    yeah, I wasn't sure if it will work still gave it a try. it was just a lazy search for "tinker" with "thread title" ticked.

I actually meant the perceived flood of threads regarding tinker just before blizzcon. just like the general rise in fake leaks.

as stated before, I'm not against tinkers in general but there are obvious things that need to be tackled by blizz for it to happen.
    I don't believe the current iteration of that company is willing to invest any resources in solving them. There's not much money to earn in returning players as I believe suitable(ha! suit-able...as in mech suit...that's supposed to be a pun) races - goblin, gnome, vulpera - are not that popular
    quick search for most popular races

as stated before, I'm not against tinkers in general but there are obvious things that need to be tackled by blizz for it to happen.
    I don't believe the current iteration of that company is willing to invest any resources in solving them. There's not much money to earn in returning players as I believe suitable(ha! suit-able...as in mech suit...that's supposed to be a pun) races - goblin, gnome, vulpera - are not that popular
    It can bump that races numbers on a good percent, if it will be done right. BTW gnomes have more numbers than Dwarf, Kul-Tiran and Pandaren. Goblin have less, but still not a least playable race.
    And it can bump mechagnome numbers, i think, it is the least playable, i believe? After all its only decent class to them, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, I wasn't sure if it will work still gave it a try. it was just a lazy search for "tinker" with "thread title" ticked.

I actually meant the perceived flood of threads regarding tinker just before blizzcon. just like the general rise in fake leaks.

I disagree. The Tinker concept is very popular, and so is the idea of fighting inside a mech. I'm also sort of against basing a future class' popularity based on a race's current numbers. That said, Vulpera are by far the most popular Allied race, and Gnomes and Goblins are hardly the least popular races in the game. If Blizzard makes the Tinker class enjoyable to play, they can limit it to Goblins, Gnomes, Mechagnomes, Dwarves, Dark Irons, and Vulpera and the class should do just fine.

Not what I'm disagreeing with. I'm disagreeing with your notion that people are avoiding "Tinker threads". They're actually avoiding a class thread.
    Then look at the actual tinker threads. Check how many different posters actually post in there vs class threads.

The point is that the Tinker has won every class poll on this forum in recent memory.
    And the point I'm trying to make is that the tinker class is losing popularity as time goes on.

There's also this poll;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ed-to-the-game

Which also has the Tinker beating out other class concepts. The Necromancer isn't on there, but I doubt it would have changed anything.
    You mean the other class concepts that, other than bard and dark ranger, had little to no talk about them in these forums? And even those two have very little talk. Congratulations. Your high-school kid beat a pre-school kid in an arm wrestling competition.

Only if you're purposely ignoring the facts.
    Geez, this is incredibly ironic coming from you. To the point of being just sad, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Then look at the actual tinker threads. Check how many different posters actually post in there vs class threads.
    More posts in this thread;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...W-class-in-9-0

Than this current Tinker thread. More votes then any other class thread as well, and that poll ended at the end of October 2019.

And the point I'm trying to make is that the tinker class is losing popularity as time goes on.
    Based on polls with less votes, less responses, and odd options that skew the votes.

However, as I said before that doesn't matter because the POINT is that the Tinker still wins every time.

You mean the other class concepts that, other than bard and dark ranger, had little to no talk about them in these forums? And even those two have very little talk. Congratulations. Your high-school kid beat a pre-school kid in an arm wrestling competition.
    Feel free to explain why the Tinker beat the Dark Ranger and Bard concepts handily. Especially given that the Dark Ranger is based on Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The technology and theme surrounding a Tinker is already in the game. Engineering, tanks, mech suits, guns, gyrocopters and other flying machines, spider tanks, motorized boats, Mechagnomes, missiles, rockets, bombs, etc.... they're already here.

I'm not pushing one way or the other on whether they should be implemented. But saying that they don't belong or that their technology shouldn't exist in a fantasy MMO is a little bonkers because their technology is already all over the game.
    The gist of their "technology" is still magic. Physics can't explain flying wood helicopters. They are here to create aesthetics for gnome and dwarf races and that is it.
    I can barely think of what this funny class would do. Fix.. things? Nothing cool behind it. If people want realism, they can just play life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    I can barely think of what this funny class would do. Fix.. things? Nothing cool behind it. If people want realism, they can just play life.
    *Based on the WC3 and HotS heroes:

+Pilot a mech (Robo Goblin)
    +Drop a factory that automatically produces robotic drones (Pocket Factory)
    +Launch a barrage of rockets that deal AoE damage and possibly stun (Cluster Rocket)
    +Drop turrets that can upgrade (fire more rapidly, deals AoE damage, slows targets) (Rock-it-Turret)
    +Fire a laser that damages all targets in a line. (Deth Lazor)
    +Launch a sticky bomb that has a timed detonation, and stuns/damages. (Xplodium Charge)
    +Temporary shield that reduces damage and increases movement speed. (Robo Goblin HotS)
    +Gravitational bomb that pulls targets towards center of damages them. (Grav-O-bomb 3000)
    +Collect scrap from expired devices that reduces cooldowns and restores resources (Salvager)

More posts in this thread;
    Re-read what I wrote: I wrote "different posters", not "amount of posts".

Based on polls with less votes, less responses, and odd options that skew the votes.
    that sounds a lot like the latest class poll thread you like to tout as a "big victory for the tinker":
    There's also this poll;

Which also has the Tinker beating out other class concepts. The Necromancer isn't on there, but I doubt it would have changed anything.

However, as I said before that doesn't matter because the POINT is that the Tinker still wins every time.
    And, a valid point that I raised is that, more and more the tinker's lead on the other class ideas is diminishing, giving support to the idea that they may not continue to win as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    Please, no worse than the constant hecklers. It's a fun theme, fits in the lore, fills an unused niche, and has popular interest. People obviously have various opinions on the matter, but those are the facts. Deal with it.
    As someone who loves tech classes and would love a mech using class in the game there are certain Tinker "fanboys" who have made me totally ok with never getting one and even occasionally hoping we never get a tech class. While on the other hand nobody saying "LoL Tinkers are gay" has made me "need" them in game.

And if you look through the thread there are tons of people who claim the tinker fanatics are one if not the only reason they hate them. If you did the same thing for any other class idea I can bet the number of people saying it's the "fans" why they dislike the class would be 1/3rd the number of people or less depending on how many alt accounts certain tinker enthusiasts have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Re-read what I wrote: I wrote "different posters", not "amount of posts".
    So what's your argument? That the class threads have less diversity of opinion than Tinker threads? If so, why is that relevant?

that sounds a lot like the latest class poll thread you like to tout as a "big victory for the tinker":
    Not a "big victory", simply another victory.

And, a valid point that I raised is that, more and more the tinker's lead on the other class ideas is diminishing, giving support to the idea that they may not continue to win as time goes on.
    Uh huh. Let me know when other classes start winning class polls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    As someone who loves tech classes and would love a mech using class in the game there are certain Tinker "fanboys" who have made me totally ok with never getting one and even occasionally hoping we never get a tech class. While on the other hand nobody saying "LoL Tinkers are gay" has made me "need" them in game.

And if you look through the thread there are tons of people who claim the tinker fanatics are one if not the only reason they hate them. If you did the same thing for any other class idea I can bet the number of people saying it's the "fans" why they dislike the class would be 1/3rd the number of people or less depending on how many alt accounts certain tinker enthusiasts have.
    As has been discussed in this thread multiple times, it seems like a vocal minority who have an issue with Tinkers. The various class polls don't show this phenomenon. The Tinker is by far the most popular class concept on this forum, bar none.

As has been discussed in this thread multiple times, it seems like a vocal minority who have an issue with Tinkers. The various class polls don't show this phenomenon. The Tinker is by far the most popular class concept on this forum, bar none.
    This very thread has dozens of people who have few if any tinker posts saying certain tinker fans are the reason they dislike them. Not just people shitting on tinkers. And considering this is the latest thread on the topic maybe you should take that to heart.

Anyone up for a vote for most annoying concept for non existing classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    This very thread has dozens of people who have few if any tinker posts saying certain tinker fans are the reason they dislike them. Not just people shitting on tinkers. And considering this is the latest thread on the topic maybe you should take that to heart.
    This class poll was an outgrowth of this very thread;

Tinker dominated the poll. I'm sorry, but the facts simply don't back up your perception. The Tinker isn't as unpopular as you wish it to be, and its "fans" aren't effecting their popularity.

This class poll was an outgrowth of this very thread;

Tinker dominated the poll. I'm sorry, but the facts simply don't back up your perception. The Tinker isn't as unpopular as you wish it to be, and its "fans" aren't effecting their popularity.
    Of 300 people and 14 pages lol. Look how many people responded to this thread. This thread has 51 pages and is going strong and more than 300 people saying certain fans (who aren't really fans because they are willing to utterly destroy the core concept of the class to make it fit what they want). There are even former mods who have posted in here saying one of the reasons they hate the class is because of certain posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of 300 people and 14 pages lol. Look how many people responded to this thread. This thread has 51 pages and is going strong and more than 300 people saying certain fans (who aren't really fans because they are willing to utterly destroy the core concept of the class to make it fit what they want). There are even former mods who have posted in here saying one of the reasons they hate the class is because of certain posters.
    Would you prefer this thread;

Which had more responses than this one, over 1200 votes, and the Tinker dominated that poll as well?

No matter how many excuses you make, the results are still the same; The Tinker beats out other classes every time.

I think a more fitting discussion would be why is the Tinker the most popular class concept on this forum?

Would you prefer this thread;

Which had more responses than this one, over 1200 votes, and the Tinker dominated that poll as well?

No matter how many excuses you make, the results are still the same; The Tinker beats out other classes every time.

I think a more fitting discussion would be why is the Tinker the most popular class concept on this forum?
    A thread over a year old. And considering the number of people in this thread saying the constant bombardment from fanatics is one of the reasons they dislike tinkers its quite possible many of them had been tech class fans like myself who have grown to dislike tinkers and shit because of certain people. Try and deny it all you want but if you use the most current, largest info (this thread) many people dislike tinkers and for many of them one of the major reasons if not the only reason is the "fans".