Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am pretty sure people who wouldn't mind going to mop classes either don't remember how much of a shitshow it was or played just 1-2 classes.
    Like unused abilities that weren't flavor abilities but were just not worth clicking. Incredible imbalance thanks to some retarded mechanics such as soulswap.
    Vengeance tank mechanics, people removing you from arenas and deleting your account.

The only thing I miss from mop is being able to cast fillers on the move.

I really liked combat rogue and hunter during lich king so I wouldn't mind. I'm not sure it was the best iteration of the classes though.

in a heart beat

class design was the best in wotlk
    mop was fun too but it was too much
    bfa is abosulte shit, cant see how anyone can like it

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    go back to 3.3.5a classes? I feel like they were incredibly fun to play. Im not saying i want to replay wotlk content tho, just wish the classes in current retail were kinda like they were back then, most of them now feel pretty dull and boring.
    Anything between WotLK and MoP (with some exceptions in WoD). Legion pruning was the biggest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nope, current ones are better. You might have some case of nostalgia.

Also fix that title, doesn't tell you a thing.
    LOL another "it's just nostalgia" Andy. Do you realize you can play WotLK right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

At least they are somewhat complex instead of one button macros everywhere.
    Complex? Someone has never PVPed on 3.3.5. What is complex about builder spender gameplay where you just trade your offensive/defensive cds until dampening kicks in? Watch some WotLK PVP videos if you want to see complexity. I always recommend this video, it really shows how complex WotLK PVP was and how you had to use your whole toolkit to be good at your class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sejii View Post
    i would be fine for any classdesign before WoD, WoW nowadays feels more like a MOBA than a RPG you literally have zero choice.
    You serious? I have more choice now than I did back then lol back then, everything was cookie cutter. I am shocked people still use this argument

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Hell yeah. Swipe is a hell of a lot cooler than Ironfur.
    Gotta agree with you on that. I played feral tank in icc back then and while it was a braindead playstyle, it was also just super chill and fun. Tanks nowadays always feel so sweaty to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Complex? Someone has never PVPed on 3.3.5. What is complex about builder spender gameplay where you just trade your offensive/defensive cds until dampening kicks in? Watch some WotLK PVP videos if you want to see complexity. I always recommend this video, it really shows how complex WotLK PVP was and how you had to use your whole toolkit to be good at your class.
    One class in one situation. No go and check other classes guides from Wotlk.

... and then you use DMG macro with all slapped abilities into one button

One class in one situation. No go and check other classes guides from Wotlk.

... and then you use DMG macro with all slapped abilities into one button
    Painfully obvious that you never played wotlk atleast on above average level.

Nah, I like blood being designated tank spec.
    Also I like tanking better now than I did during Wotlk.

I mean when the fucking big brains decided to massively buff icy touch threat generation, the gameplay as tank devolved into spamming icy touch and not much else, is spamming icy touch a better playstyle than now? Not a fucking chance.

Maybe if it was MoP classes :P Had so much fun with so many different classes and specs in that expansion, also the introduction of a healer punching your enemies in the face was just epic and I was very disappointed when they removed it even though I never mained a monk.

Nowadays I can barely even try out a class properly since expansion borrowed powers make the class instead of augmenting it.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2020-08-06 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Painfully obvious that you never played wotlk atleast on above average level.
    Of course I didn't. I played on pservers then. Still I knew about classes extremely boring rotation as you can check them now.

pretty much every class had their "opener macros" with all spells slapped together and damaging macro super easy rotation.

https://www.gnarlyguides.com/wotlk/g...pve-fire-mage/
    When i skim thru these guides it makes me wonder where is that "complexity" as there clearly is none.

10+ Year Old Account
    KEKW... WoTLK "complexity".

That's in same ballpark like that Vanilla raids were hard myth.

No, it wasn't complex, vast majority of classes still had super simplistic specs.

It was definitely better than Vanilla/TBC with their 1 button wonders, but it was still simpler than what we have even now. There were maybe some super specific exceptions, but it was still several button rotations and not even priority lists where you actually could take decisions in DPS.

PvP was of course more complex, but PvP is always more complex, because you aren't pounding some scripted mob that is effectively immune to 75% of your tricks and shit

nope, i would like to see how DH would be on TBC somehow..

go back to 3.3.5a classes? I feel like they were incredibly fun to play. Im not saying i want to replay wotlk content tho, just wish the classes in current retail were kinda like they were back then, most of them now feel pretty dull and boring.
    Elemental shaman.

Make that 2.4.3 and I'm in.

Nah thanks. MoP was better but even that system would need some chnages to feel freash and fun today.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Make that 2.4.3 and I'm in.
    I can imagine the rivers of tears from Ret players... OMG MUH DMG SUX WTF BLIZZ FIX NAO, while conveniently forgetting that they had the some of the strongest utility in the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I can imagine the rivers of tears from Ret players... OMG MUH DMG SUX WTF BLIZZ FIX NAO, while conveniently forgetting that they had the some of the strongest utility in the entire game.
    It's a valid complaint. The hybrid tax never really made sense when even very strong utility tends to be fairly minor and unnecessary.

Yes, but only for three specs, ret, affili, and blood dps.
    Other's have been improved upon, but i feel wrath's affili would be a good baseline to add the stacking UA as a snap-shotting DoT then have malefic whatever coming in SL activate charges for shadowbolt to hit all the targets the malefic eruption hit so that the lock can build shadow's embrace on all the targets of their DoTs.
    as for ret, losing the original crit chance, exorcism reset mechanic made them devalue the stat in it's effect on play, and make the bonus crit from AW meaningless.
    And Blood dps DK is self explanatory, it was by far the most popular DPS spec for the class, and has been entirely removed and recycled as the theme for a tank spec.