Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

[Microthread] Marvel's Avengers

I'm surprised there's not a thread for this already. Interested to see what folks here think of the beta so far.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I'm surprised there's not a thread for this already. Interested to see what folks here think of the beta so far.
    So far? Really boring, tbh. Too linear, and each character plays pretty much the same.

My thoughts on it? Literally no one asked for a budget Destiny with super hero skins.

People wanted a SP Avengers game not whatever shitty ass GAAS thing this is turning into.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time with it so far. I went through the A-Day intro, a couple more missions and then to the HARM facility.

I played as the Hulk for much of my time and it was incredibly satisfying (more so after a few skill upgrades) bounding around and utterly wrecking fools (and the environment). I was pleasantly surprised by the playability of Ms. Marvel. Black Widow was another that was super fun to play. Iron Man's flight takes some getting used to...

You don't get much time with Thor or Captain America, but the latter's gameplay seems pretty fun, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-order for "beta" access is a scam. I might check it out when it opens for PC but my interest level is pretty low. Looks like another money vacuum "live service" game that exists for no other reason than to keep people playing, doing the same thing over and over while trying to get every last dime they can out of their wallets.

Isn't this the game where they're locking one of the biggest characters in Marvel to a single system?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Isn't this the game where they're locking one of the biggest characters in Marvel to a single system?
    yes

game looks very linear and some kind of budget destiny/slighty better than anthem game as a service bullcrap

Whens marvel vs capcom 5

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...07810247106560

7 currencies, rmt out the ass and a separate battlepass for each character.

Nice to see Square Enix learnt nothing from trying to make Deus Ex a minibuy bonanza to milk the west.

Locking a playable character behind 300$ paywall is already a pretty big concern for things to come when the game actually releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Locking a playable character behind 300$ paywall is already a pretty big concern for things to come when the game actually releases.
    300 on top of the 500 for all the stuff locked behind minibuys. This is not the next Anthem i expected, its the next Evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...07810247106560

7 currencies, rmt out the ass and a separate battlepass for each character.

Nice to see Square Enix learnt nothing from trying to make Deus Ex a minibuy bonanza to milk the west.
    ROFL! What? A separate battlepass for each character!?!? HGahahahahhah! Who the fuck thinks that's a good idea?

Well, glad I waited on the reviews for this. Holy crap what a trainwreck!

Well its been over a year since anthem. About time we had a new train wreck.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Well its been over a year since anthem. About time we had a new train wreck.
    Surprisingly the Anthem overhaul is looking great

Played a bit more today, focusing on Black Widow. Very quick paced and agile. Her ultimate power is awesome as are her traversal abilities. Previously I had played primarily as the Hulk and the change in fighting style was significant... and very enjoyable.

I can't speak to the Spiderman exclusivity stuff (not sure if thats a relic of Sony owning certain rights to the character), but the game is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    ROFL! What? A separate battlepass for each character!?!? HGahahahahhah! Who the fuck thinks that's a good idea?

According to that tweet thread its a free battle pass with daily throttling for cosmetics that you can pay to skip tiers on.

Not nearly as bad with context, though spiderman being exclusive is still setting a precedent that I'm really sad to see set.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    According to that tweet thread its a free battle pass with daily throttling for cosmetics that you can pay to skip tiers on.

Not nearly as bad with context, though spiderman being exclusive is still setting a precedent that I'm really sad to see set.
    The precedent with spiderman has been around for ages. Games have had console exclusive characters since the Nes/Master system era. Not defending it, just pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The precedent with spiderman has been around for ages. Games have had console exclusive characters since the Nes/Master system era. Not defending it, just pointing it out.
    I'm used to console exclusive entire games or console exclusive cosmetics. I've personally never seen an entire character or something equivalent like a class be exclusive to a platform. Not saying it hasn't existed, but I can't think of a single one in recent memory.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Was this the E3 marvel game that said it would have new areas and characters for free?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Same. I was interested when I first heard something was in the works and then been keeping an eye on it. Was hoping it was a flat out game with optional online mode like some games have (Like the Batman games). Seems to be a "buy this, buy that, etc" which doesn't sit well with me. I don't mind buying like an expansion or something down the line, but the way they have it now seems over the top.