10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    No idea
    Uh huh, the one in November of 2012.

Whereas Trayvon Martin was shot in February. You're not good at this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Is this what your Russian sources tell you?
    I mean that's the hilarious thing it's just such an obvious case of "I've been told BLM started as a protest against Trump, but can't ever admit that I was wrong or use bad sources, so I'm just gonna outright fabricate the historical narrative to make me look semi-correct."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason BLM exists is presidential election
    No BLM existed even during the Obama Administration going back to when Trayvon Martin Was murdered.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The reason BLM exists is presidential election
    It will keep on going no matter who wins, nice try,

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

This is exactly the point of BLM. You care more about Gucci stores and their presumably insured merchandise than you care about the lives of black Americans.
    You a Sith? Some people could be against looting and cops murdering black people. Wacky right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You a Sith? Some people could be against looting and cops murdering black people. Wacky right?
    Yeah. We call those people "ignorant" for putting property damage in the same class as murder.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah. We call those people "ignorant" for putting property damage in the same class as murder.
    So saying you don't like two things means they are equal in your eyes? lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    So saying you don't like two things means they are equal in your eyes? lol...
    Answering people demonstrating a chronic case of police brutality with "but property damage" is doing the same thing, lol.

The property damage could be prevented if you gave a shit about the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Answering people demonstrating a chronic case of police brutality with "but property damage" is doing the same thing, lol.

The property damage could be prevented if you gave a shit about the murders.
    Are you having a laugh? I am pro murder now? I love this forum. I post that i am against looting and murder and in two posts i don't care that people are being murdered by cops. Hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Sith? In what way; because a "only a Sith speaks in absolutes"? That's a Jedi speaking that phrase, which is itself an absolute statement. So you can take your pick; was Obi-wan a Sith? Was he lying about the Sith, to push Jedi propaganda? Or was Obi-wan so deeply confused by Jedi rhetoric and propaganda he literally could not see his own doublespeak for what it was?

Because it's one of the three. Or maybe Star Wars is silly pulp nonsense and the writing's always been terrible and inconsistent. That's an option, too.

This stuff isn't occurring in a void. If you're condemning the rioters, and particularly if you're implying that the protesters and rioters are the same, and you're not spending more of an effort condemning actual murder, then you're putting the murders of black people on the same or a lower priority than looting.

Sure, you can think both are bad. But one is significantly worse. If a woman steals her rapist's bicycle to get away from the scene of the crime more quickly, I'm gonna be a lot more focused on addressing the rape than the bike theft. As anyone reasonable should be. Stop playing at dumb games. Drawing these equivalences is itself part of the fucking problem.

Edit: I enjoy my silly pulp Star Wars nonsense, so don't take that position as an argument that you shouldn't like it either.

A Sith? In what way; because a "only a Sith speaks in absolutes"? That's a Jedi speaking that phrase, which is itself an absolute statement. So you can take your pick; was Obi-wan a Sith? Was he lying about the Sith, to push Jedi propaganda? Or was Obi-wan so deeply confused by Jedi rhetoric and propaganda he literally could not see his own doublespeak for what it was?

Because it's one of the three. Or maybe Star Wars is silly pulp nonsense and the writing's always been terrible and inconsistent. That's an option, too.

This stuff isn't occurring in a void. If you're condemning the rioters, and particularly if you're implying that the protesters and rioters are the same, and you're not spending more of an effort condemning actual murder, then you're putting the murders of black people on the same or a lower priority than looting.

Sure, you can think both are bad. But one is significantly worse. If a woman steals her rapist's bicycle to get away from the scene of the crime more quickly, I'm gonna be a lot more focused on addressing the rape than the bike theft. As anyone reasonable should be. Stop playing at dumb games. Drawing these equivalences is itself part of the fucking problem.

Edit: I enjoy my silly pulp Star Wars nonsense, so don't take that position as an argument that you shouldn't like it either.
    Holy shit. When did i imply the protesters and rioters are the same? Even better is how did you drew the conclusion that i think looting is a higher priority than murder? You are all over the map with your absurd accusations. Dunno what sort of people you hang around with but most peoples default position is that murdering people is bad and is obviously magnitudes worse than petty crime. Odd that you would assume the opposite. I am against rioting and looting. Happy to hold my hands up to it. I also don't like coffee or genocide. Only on this forum will that make me Pro-Genocide unless i implicitly state that genocide is waaaaaay worse than coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. When did i imply the protesters and rioters are the same?
    When you dismiss the focus of the protesters because of the actions of rioters.

Even better is how did you drew the conclusion that i think looting is a higher priority than murder?
    I said you were treating them as of similar priority, and doing so in an attempt to play down the murders. Which you were.

I also don't like coffee or genocide. Only on this forum will that make me Pro-Genocide unless i implicitly state that genocide is waaaaaay worse than coffee.
    See, the thing is, if we were having a thread about a genocide, say the Armenian genocide, and you came into the thread saying "but we should talk about how badly the Turks ruined coffee, which was already awful on its own".

That would be rightly seen as trying to distract discussion from the Armenian genocide. And thus, implicitly, defending that crime against humanity.

It's your attempt to change the subject and the framing that is the issue.

When you dismiss the focus of the protesters because of the actions of rioters.
    I was talking about looters. You brought up the rioters so it would be impossible for me to dismiss anything.

I said you were treating them as of similar priority, and doing so in an attempt to play down the murders. Which you were.
    Wrong again. I even said in my reply that obviously murder is magnitudes worse than looting. Have to assume you missed that part or are being deliberately obtuse.

See, the thing is, if we were having a thread about a genocide, say the Armenian genocide, and you came into the thread saying "but we should talk about how badly the Turks ruined coffee, which was already awful on its own".

That would be rightly seen as trying to distract discussion from the Armenian genocide. And thus, implicitly, defending that crime against humanity.

It's your attempt to change the subject and the framing that is the issue.
    Another bizarre example you have made up to paint me as some one who is pro crimes against humanity now? Yeah it is a big yikes from me the way you leap to ridiculous conclusions. I think they call it reductio ad absurdum. How i went from saying looting is bad to being pro murder and your implications that i think looting is worse than murder , bike theft is worse than rape and dislike for coffee means i am pro crimes against hunmanity. Fucking wacky. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about looters. You brought up the rioters so it would be impossible for me to dismiss anything.

Wrong again. I even said in my reply that obviously murder is magnitudes worse than looting. Have to assume you missed that part or are being deliberately obtuse.
    And you brought up looters in a thread about police murders . . . why, again? It's unrelated, unless you're tying it in to the protests about those murders.

Another bizarre example you have made up to paint me as some one who is pro crimes against humanity now? Yeah it is a big yikes from me the way you leap to ridiculous conclusions. I think they call it reductio ad absurdum. How i went from saying looting is bad to being pro murder and your implications that i think looting is worse than murder , bike theft is worse than rape and dislike for coffee means i am pro crimes against hunmanity. Fucking wacky. This forum never ceases to amaze me.
    It was a straight analogy. Analogies necessitate some differences between the two situations; if they were identical, that would be a tautology, not an analogy.

However, reductio ad absurdum is, indeed, a thing. And a valid, legitimate, rational, logical counter-argument against a claim. If your premises allow for a ridiculous, absurd conclusion, it's because your premises are faulty and must be changed.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-08-12 at 09:00 PM.

Are we again talking about how looting is not a bad thing...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Are we again talking about how police brutality is ok...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Looting? No. It's liberation of trade goods from capitalists' malicious hold. And capitalism is notoriously racist so this is also how you fight off the racism

Looting? No. It's liberation of trade goods from capitalists' malicious hold. And capitalism is notoriously racist so this is also how you fight off the racism
    Really? That's your stance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Really? That's your stance?
    No, my stance is looting is a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    The very reason BLM exist, is because of the people who give more of a shit about STUFF, than people. As long as STUFF is more important than the human lives being ignored and murdered by those who are responsible for trying to protect the problem will never get fixed.
    I sometimes wonder if people are aware that stuff is not just stuff but also represents the livelihoods of people

The insurance comment is specially ignorant because its a genuine tell that these people are literal children that never had to deal with insurance in their lives

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I sometimes wonder if people are aware that stuff is not just stuff but also represents the livelihoods of people

The insurance comment is specially ignorant because its a genuine tell that these people are literal children that never had to deal with insurance in their lives
    Stuff is still stuff... stuff isn’t people... people are protesting about loss of life and destruction of black and brown American die to systemic racism and white people are in an uproar about stuff.