Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Heirloom Scaling

Are heirlooms going to scale 1-60 baseline or are they going to be in upgrade-able blocks like as they are right now? Or do we not know as of now? Thanks for helping
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

They're going to be useless anyway, because they will be losing the experience buff and getting really weak bonuses that don't really help your leveling at all instead.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    Are heirlooms going to scale 1-60 baseline or are they going to be in upgrade-able blocks like as they are right now? Or do we not know as of now? Thanks for helping
    It will still be in brackets. From looking at the PTR, the brackets are:
    1-29
    1-34
    1-39
    1-44
    1-49

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    They're going to be useless anyway, because they will be losing the experience buff and getting really weak bonuses that don't really help your leveling at all instead.
    Apart from the fact that you will always be wearing a blue item equivalent on your heirloom slots. Granting you more stats than normal quest gear.
    And you won't have to spend time on replacing it.
    Also not to forget the new set bonuses on them. That grants you more rested XP and consumes it slower than normally. You of course also get a damage buff at every level up and higher out-of-combat regenerating.
    But yes, apart from all of those things; the new heirlooms are completely useless. That is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Apart from the fact that you will always be wearing a blue item equivalent on your heirloom slots. Granting you more stats than normal quest gear.
    Also not to forget the new set bonuses on them. That grants you more rested XP and consumes it slower than normally. You of course also get a damage buff at every level up and higher out-of-combat regenerating.
    But yes, apart from all of those things; the new heirlooms are completely useless. That is very true.
    Yea, if the Hairlooms dont actually Insta Level you to MaxLevel and Grant you a full set of RaidGear, they are Useless.

1-29
    1-34
    1-39
    1-44
    1-49
    That appears to be weird. I would just scrap the Upgrades entirely. (Hope they change that)

The scaling gear was goood when leveling through levels was fast enough you would skip entire expansions before getting a full green set.

Now the leveling has been redone, you will always be in Greens for every slot, and likely the quest rewards will be upgradeable to blue/epic.

So being a constant blue doesnt really seem all that impressive anymore either.

Useless lol, 40% main stat for 2-4 minutes on leveling and 150% more rested exp, while the items STILL scale to constantly be equal to strong blues?

Yeah, useless as hell.

blue items are quite common in dungeons, and often times better than heirloom stats currently.
    spending time replacing it is like... equipping it when it drops. gasp!
    the set bonuses are beyond useless to anyone that actually enjoys leveling. i dont get more than 1 nights worth of rested as it is, never mind with leveling going faster. a big bad 60% more on that is... like 1/10 of a dungeon!
    buff at level up is pretty useless. out of combat regen is literally useless. just eat some food if youre that worried about it.

the only things heirlooms have going for them is they can be enchanted, and the only things that really matters on at all are weapons. the minor stat increases from not finding a replacement for a few levels is pretty negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    blue items are quite common in dungeons, and often times better than heirloom stats currently.
    spending time replacing it is like... equipping it when it drops. gasp!
    the set bonuses are beyond useless to anyone that actually enjoys leveling. i dont get more than 1 nights worth of rested as it is, never mind with leveling going faster. a big bad 60% more on that is... like 1/10 of a dungeon!
    buff at level up is pretty useless. out of combat regen is literally useless. just eat some food if youre that worried about it.

the only things heirlooms have going for them is they can be enchanted, and the only things that really matters on at all are weapons. the minor stat increases from not finding a replacement for a few levels is pretty negligible.
    Oh damn, you are right! Because it gives less of a boost that before, I should totally not use it anymore! Sure, I already have them. And sure, they are adding a bunch of QOL improvements. And objectively does add power boosts and some leveling speeds (Even if minor). And as stated before, they keep your transmogs intact. And like you stated, enchants are also good.

But you are right! Heirlooms are from this day known as the spawn of the devil. I shall forever throw them away and never use them again because the gains has lowered beyond line of "Not as good as before".

Oh damn, you are right! Because it gives less of a boost that before, I should totally not use it anymore! Sure, I already have them. And sure, they are adding a bunch of QOL improvements. And objectively does add power boosts and some leveling speeds (Even if minor). And as stated before, they keep your transmogs intact. And like you stated, enchants are also good.

But you are right! Heirlooms are from this day known as the spawn of the devil. I shall forever throw them away and never use them again because the gains has lowered beyond line of "Not as good as before".
    oh damn, you are right! i totally said you should never use it! and yes, it gives less of a boost before. not sure how useless 90% of the time bonuses are supposed to be better than up 100% of the time bonuses. not sure how you figure its more useful.

but once again youre putting words in my mouth! you are from this day known as the spawn of the devil. i shall forever ignore you and never speak to you again because the ability for you to read properly have been lowered beyond the line of "i just dont like you".

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Useless lol, 40% main stat for 2-4 minutes on leveling and 150% more rested exp, while the items STILL scale to constantly be equal to strong blues?

Yeah, useless as hell.
    Where are you getting the 40% main stat for 2-4 minutes from?

If you mean the useless explosion triggered by level up that will be wasted in 90% of cases while turning quests in, that's a pretty big reach to describe it like that.

And rested XP bonus is only good for people who play 20 minutes and then leave the character offline for 3 days.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Where are you getting the 40% main stat for 2-4 minutes from?

If you mean the useless explosion triggered by level up that will be wasted in 90% of cases while turning quests in, that's a pretty big reach to describe it like that.

And rested XP bonus is only good for people who play 20 minutes and then leave the character offline for 3 days.

($pri means "reading character's primary stat", just like %T means "target's name")

Rested is currently pretty meh I agree, but 60% reduced rested exp used is a 150% buff (1/(1-0.6)=2.5) meaning it gives 2.5 times more bonus exp total. It's still not amazing if you wanna blaze 1-50 in a day, no, but if you play in a chill/normal pace it'll still make a difference.

Finally, let's be real. Heirlooms wouldn't be useless even if they were nothing more than permanent strong blue items - and you can put enchants on them to make them more than that. The set bonuses just make them even better.

- - - Updated - - -

oh damn, you are right! i totally said you should never use it! and yes, it gives less of a boost before. not sure how useless 90% of the time bonuses are supposed to be better than up 100% of the time bonuses. not sure how you figure its more useful.
    Did anyone claim the new heirlooms are more useful than the old ones? I don't think literally anyone has said that genuinely. They're not supposed to be. But there's a HUGE difference between "nerf from being literally the most mandatory items in the game for their intended purpose" and "completely useless now".
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2020-08-17 at 11:53 AM.

1-29
    1-34
    1-39
    1-44
    1-49
    It feels clunky. There are too many upgrades in such a small level gap having to buy 50 upgrades for every 5 levels feels akward. Reorganizing leveling is the perfect time to consolidate some of those upgrades or get rid of them and introduce new one for 50-60 range later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post

($pri means "reading character's primary stat", just like %T means "target's name")

Rested is currently pretty meh I agree, but 60% reduced rested exp used is a 150% buff (1/(1-0.6)=2.5) meaning it gives 2.5 times more bonus exp total. It's still not amazing if you wanna blaze 1-50 in a day, no, but if you play in a chill/normal pace it'll still make a difference.

Finally, let's be real. Heirlooms wouldn't be useless even if they were nothing more than permanent strong blue items - and you can put enchants on them to make them more than that. The set bonuses just make them even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone claim the new heirlooms are more useful than the old ones? I don't think literally anyone has said that genuinely. They're not supposed to be. But there's a HUGE difference between "nerf from being literally the most mandatory items in the game for their intended purpose" and "completely useless now".
    2 minutes is not very long, especially considering the bulk of exp, and therefore when you are most likely to level to get this damage proc and primary stat increase, are when you either turn in quests and arent fighting, or finish a dungeon, and arent fighting. you turn that into a random 10-20 second stat proc now and then? great. it would be useful the majority of the time then.

im not saying heirlooms themselves are completely useless. i never have. im saying the replacement set bonuses are pretty garbage. i even said in the post before the one you quoted that the other guy decided to ignore, that you could enchant and keep heirlooms - mainly weapons, which was one of the main draws to them.

my biggest gripe with this change is the amount of gold sunk into heirlooms to have them be... just okay. not good. not bad, not great by any means. just.... okay. and thats not okay. give me the option to sell my heirlooms back and i couldnt possibly care less about the changes. literally the only reason i have them was for the exp increase. edit: outside of weapons, that is. edit 2: i also forgot the neck enchant is pretty nice. i use that quite often.
    Last edited by Sevarin; 2020-08-17 at 08:05 PM.

ATM on ptr heirlooms are equal to green gear of your level. And since numbers are so small 1-50 having 1-2 lvl old gear before you replace it again really does nothing. So if you don't have looms yet no reason to buy them at all. The only thing worth it is probably the trinkets since they do stuff. The buff from level up lasts 2mins with extension up to 2mins so 4 mins max. The resting i think is maybe 1 lvl worth of exp from a full rested bar.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    ATM on ptr heirlooms are equal to green gear of your level. And since numbers are so small 1-50 having 1-2 lvl old gear before you replace it again really does nothing. So if you don't have looms yet no reason to buy them at all. The only thing worth it is probably the trinkets since they do stuff. The buff from level up lasts 2mins with extension up to 2mins so 4 mins max. The resting i think is maybe 1 lvl worth of exp from a full rested bar.
    equal to green gear still? so basically useless
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    They are now mostly no hassle gear that levels with you and with some mild xp bonuses, that's about it. IMO it's fine enough.

my biggest gripe with this change is the amount of gold sunk into heirlooms to have them be... just okay. not good. not bad, not great by any means. just.... okay. and thats not okay. give me the option to sell my heirlooms back and i couldnt possibly care less about the changes. literally the only reason i have them was for the exp increase. edit: outside of weapons, that is. edit 2: i also forgot the neck enchant is pretty nice. i use that quite often.
    How come people ask for such stupid things. Do you want refound for all the BOE gear you got for the current patch? Do you want a refund for dual spec?
    Or let's switch to real life, do you want a refund for that car you bought and then 5 years later it's not that good, and other people can get it for less $?

Dude you spent gold on them and used their advantage for some time, not they are not worth that much, it doesn't mean you should get your invested money back. That's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    How come people ask for such stupid things. Do you want refound for all the BOE gear you got for the current patch? Do you want a refund for dual spec?
    Or let's switch to real life, do you want a refund for that car you bought and then 5 years later it's not that good, and other people can get it for less $?

Dude you spent gold on them and used their advantage for some time, not they are not worth that much, it doesn't mean you should get your invested money back. That's stupid.
    stop being willfully ignorant.