Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Calia analysis and thoughts

Calia vs Valeera. Who would make more sense on the Horde and who would make less sense on the Horde? If the choice was between both of them, which one would you prefer going Horde over the other?

Neither of them belong in the Horde, especially not Calia.

Calia is the rightful queen of Lordaeron and final scion of the famous House Menethil, the family that ruled Lordaeron for over 3000 years. I thought the Forsaken prided themselves on being the true citizens of Lordaeron? I am sure they will welcome Calia Menethil.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Calia is the rightful queen of Lordaeron and final scion of the famous House Menethil, the family that ruled Lordaeron for over 3000 years. I thought the Forsaken prided themselves on being the true citizens of Lordaeron? I am sure they will welcome Calia Menethil.
    Why would the Forsaken welcome anyone bearing the name Menethil? Especially some fake light undead that knows nothing of what they have been through.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Calia makes more sense valeera has sworn her self to the alliance And actively works for them while calia is just friends with some Like thrall or baine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Why would the Forsaken welcome anyone bearing the name Menethil? Especially some fake light undead that knows nothing of what they have been through.
    The same reason peasants always do they think that a royal line is the rightful ruler or blesses by the gods or what ever nonsense even if some one earlier in the line was insane.

Because the Forsaken actually respected the Menethil line, they know Arthas was the black sheep and not the norm. That's why they held a memorial to King Terenas Menethil at the entrance to Undercity.

It doesn't matter if Calia doesn't know what they went through. For years the Forsaken prided themselves on being the true citizens of Lordaeron, so now they must own up to that and accept Calia Menethil as their queen.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-08-21 at 04:42 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Valeera is alliance through and through, the only thing she is good for in the horde is bringing messages to the council without raising an eyebrow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Did you read the Before the storm book? She died for the forsaken. Of course they like her.
    She understands more about their plight than you do, apparantly.
    It is unfortunate these things aren't seen in-game.

Because the Forsaken actually respected the Menethil line, they know Arthas was the black sheep and not the norm. That's why they held a memorial to King Terenas Menethil at the entrance to Undercity.

It doesn't matter if Calia doesn't know what they went through. For years the Forsaken prided themselves on being the true citizens of Lordaeron, so now they must own up to that and accept Calia Menethil as their queen.
    To understand this, one must understand how things worked back in the middle age. Nations did not exist, the concept of 'nation' is fairly new in terms of history. So people felt that they belonged to a house that ruled over some lands, even religion acted as a way to unite people more than the fact that they all lived in the same geographical area. So if we apply that mentality here, there is no Lordaeron without Menethil. So a true citizen of Lordaeron is in fact a true member of house Menethil.

But personally, i think it would be strange to have her leading the forsaken considering the good relationship she has with the alliance. I guess that at some point when they release the forsaken heritage armor the questline will probably revolt around her and maybe then it makes more sense.

As for Valeera, she is part of the alliance. To be more specific, she is part of house Wrynn.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Honestly, Calia's model in WoW just does not seem fitting. I can't pinpoint it, but she feels wrong, like a character from another game. Also does she even have ingame backstory?
    But overall lorewise she could be the only thing reconnecting the Alliance with their former citizens and a useful tool to finally achieve lasting peace.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Did you read the Before the storm book? She died for the forsaken. Of course they like her.
    She understands more about their plight than you do, apparantly.
    It is unfortunate these things aren't seen in-game.
    Fair enough. She could work as a leader for the Forsaken provided they change their greetings, architecture and racial fantasy to fit the new(er) Forsaken. However she still doesn't belong in the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Calia makes more sense valeera has sworn her self to the alliance And actively works for them while calia is just friends with some Like thrall or baine.

- - - Updated - - -

The same reason peasants always do they think that a royal line is the rightful ruler or blesses by the gods or what ever nonsense even if some one earlier in the line was insane.
    What if Valeera assassinates Tyrande? Is that not enough proof for her to be accepted into the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    What if Valeera assassinates Tyrande? Is that not enough proof for her to be accepted into the Horde?
    Change the target to Jaina and we have a deal.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It would never happen and with the current horde that would make them way way less likely to take her.

No, that would be terrible LOL. The Horde is trying to build peace with the Alliance, so that would only ruin their plans. Imagine if Tyrande died at the hands of the Horde, she would be turned into a martyr and push her followers into war.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-08-21 at 05:53 PM.

Calia, as ruler of Lordaeron, and having the land taken from Horde, should return it to the Alliance, also considering her father is the founder of said Alliance.

Except that the players identifying as "true citizens of Lordaeron" are also that part of the Horde that only pick the bits from lore that suit whatever point they are trying to make and omit or twist those that contradict them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Fair enough. She could work as a leader for the Forsaken provided they change their greetings, architecture and racial fantasy to fit the new(er) Forsaken. However she still doesn't belong in the Horde.
    I don't see her fighting for the horde. I see her fighting for the Forsaken though.
    I mean, but if you think about it Sylvanas was an Elf, what did she know about the plight of the Forsaken? She just used them.
    Calia actually is from the same race and actually cares about them. Animations and type of undead are criticisms you could hand to Sylvanas as their leader, but you probably didn't.

Maybe she doesn't fit the horde, cause she is more righteous than what is usual, but she is a great ally of the Forsaken. Someone who actually cares about them. I actually like that. I like they are getting a redemption arc and some much needed relief.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-21 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I see her fighting for the Forsaken though.
    I dont really.

the memorial wasnt from the forsaken, but living lordaerians

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Change the target to Jaina and we have a deal.
    Why do you see Jaina as a bigger threat to the Horde?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It would never happen and with the current horde that would make them way way less likely to take her.
    Yes but in the future if the Horde goes back to it's original roots then yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

No, that would be terrible LOL. The Horde is trying to build peace with the Alliance, so that would only ruin their plans. Imagine if Tyrande died at the hands of the Horde, she would be turned into a martyr and push her followers into war.
    What about Jaina? But I imagine she will teleport away like a coward if Valeera tries to assassinate her lol