Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I unironically like covenants now. I also like the hysteria from competitive wow players trying to make a living off competing in a mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    Source pls
    probably same place your opinions come from. internet is full of people who apparently know everything.

enjoy your ban btw.

It is good they ask for opinion. Maybe at the end they will convert them into normal reputation and you can get all the abilities and the cosmetics and campaign are only for the ones you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If you get the last boss of raid in mythic, you will most probably get an invite for beta. If not, why would you need one anyway ?
    Uh, top end raiding is far from the only thing that needs tested in betas, wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    It's ok, we test everything. M12/12 does not somehow prevent you from testing other kinds of content in expansion on top of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The beta testers will test anything anyway on the way to the raid, so why should you have one then ? And raid and mm+ requires more tuning anyway than story line quest and wq.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's ok, we test everything. M12/12 does not somehow prevent you from testing other kinds of content in expansion on top of raids.
    All types of players are needed. I think there is more casuals invited to beta btw.
    It would be absolute dogshit fiesta if blizzard invited only mythic raiders to beta, like seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The beta testers will test anything anyway on the way to the raid, so why should you have one then ? And raid and mm+ requires more tuning anyway than story line quest and wq.
    That is one of the dumbest thing I've read for a while. Raids and M+ certainly doesn't require even a fraction of testing what all other stuff requires. Tunning is only a fraction of stuff that needs to be done. More important stuff is fixing bugs, making sure that everything works correctly, collecting feedback and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    All types of players are needed. I think there is more casuals invited to beta btw.
    It would be absolute dogshit fiesta if blizzard invited only mythic raiders to beta, like seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

That is one of the dumbest thing I've read for a while. Raids and M+ certainly doesn't require even a fraction of testing what all other stuff requires. Tunning is only a fraction of stuff that needs to be done. More important stuff is fixing bugs, making sure that everything works correctly, collecting feedback and suggestions.
    And the bugs will get reported by the beta testers on their way to the raids. And watch your tone.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Is it though? Mythic raiders are not suddenly excempt from doing the rest of the game. Or have any less fun in Story quests or leveling. And i think somewhere in an interview from blizzcon they said that balancing is one of the biggest and most workintesive things at the end of the beta. Not compared to "buiding" the addon itself of course.
    And most casual players i know don't really care either way. Because they are exactly that. Casual. They play the game as long as it is fun and then leave if it is not. But they never give feedback or write seomething in the forums about something that they don't like. Because the don't really care. it is just a small game for them like mobile gaming.

Blizzard should finally make a survey-tool into wow itself. Having a survey only on forum-members goes not to their core audience who don't care about the forums at all. Ingame, where they reach the people that matters, the players would be a better way to get their results. That on the forums everyone hates it is clear, but ingame might be a total different result.

They should have multiple surveys there, make it with an reward tied to the account (maybe a token where you can buy things from a vendor) and then you get enough results.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    besides the fact, that you completely ignored my question and that you completely drifted away from the original/last discussion:

why ppl (like you) always go this „competitive/minmax players vs casual players“ route ? i piss on the dps output of my maybe wrong chosen covenant. i just not wanna decide between covenant style/story and gameplay of the abilities.
    Besides the fact you didn't ask me that question? You asked me this:
    but are they implemented well, aka in a good way, with the actual Covenant design ?“
    I answered you that. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it doesn't apply. And to be honest, I tried to be understanding. But when you go that route I just have to say:

Covenants are very good as they are and they should stay that way. Since you brought it up(you brought it up while blaming others for it?)Min maxers are just a group of players, shouldn't cater to them that much.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, i would find the system a good bit better if i chose my faction (by style and story) and then, regardless of Covenant, i could pick my ability between all existing abilities. best side fact: its way easier for blizz to implement easier change, i.e. between the abilities, without being coupled to all the rest of Covenant system, if they somewhere in future decide to do so.
    It wouldn't actually. Because the amount of combination for different classes and specs within them would be almost impossible to balance properly if you could mix and match. Having something set like it is now makes it easier to make changes.

Can't wait to play my Night Fae DK.
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

I answered you that. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it doesn't apply. And to be honest, I tried to be understanding. But when you go that route I just have to say:

Covenants are very good as they are and they should stay that way. Since you brought it up(you brought it up while blaming others for it?)Min maxers are just a group of players, shouldn't cater to them that much.

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't actually. Because the amount of combination for different classes and specs within them would be almost impossible to balance properly if you could mix and match. Having something set like it is now makes it easier to make changes.
    Completly disagree, in not a min maxer. And i absolute think this system is garbage.

U should be able to choose a pre set of the covenants, but let aesthetically be also chosen apart from the abilities

Have 4 sets like they are now
    Let people choose 1

And have people choose one of the covenant.

Would make everyone happy.

Just because you will choose a covenant, it wont suddenly make you not help the others. So well yeah. People should take a pre fixed setup. And not be able to just yolo on everything. But atm its not a good system at all. Its mediocre at best

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Completly disagree, in not a min maxer. And i absolute think this system is garbage.

U should be able to choose a pre set of the covenants, but let aesthetically be also chosen apart from the abilities

Have 4 sets like they are now
    Let people choose 1

And have people choose one of the covenant.

Would make everyone happy.

Just because you will choose a covenant, it wont suddenly make you not help the others. So well yeah. People should take a pre fixed setup. And not be able to just yolo on everything. But atm its not a good system at all. Its mediocre at best
    I think being a min maxer or not got little to do with liking it or not personally. You can be a min maxer(like me, but within the fun rules, as in I might pick lesser dps talents if the other suits me better but then I go and sim, try different things and see what's best within that setup) who loves it, or you can be a non min maxer and hate it. One thing got little to do with the other.

It's a design choice some players like and some players dislike. Just because I will choose a Covenant won't suddenly make me not helping others, you are right about that. Though I have not heard that argument before. I think you can help others no matter what Covenant you choose or what play style you got. As of now it is a pre fixed setup, and you can't yolo on everything. It's mediocre at best you say? Or simply garbage? But still completely disagree with me even after what you just wrote about it being a pre fixed setup and you can't yolo on everything?
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-24 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

maybe you missed that part or post, or confused my posts with the ones of Packmule (see 1 or 2 posts above), no clue, but i was referring to this:

ok, this is very well said.

and i agree that we should not discuss, if someone like rental powers or not. thats taste. its a valid point and an important discussion and often discussed already in threads, that discuss, if a class should provide most of its features base line, or if it should be a packaged system, like you called it above. but, that said, i think (agree) that this is not the point here.

so, if we assume, or come to the conclusion, we both like rental powers (you do anyway, i not so much, but lets assume, i do, cause of what i said above), the „real“ discussion is: „we both like rental powers, but are they implemented well, aka in a good way, with the actual Covenant design ?“

do you agree, that this is the real question, we should discuss ? (i just ask this, for safety, before i write a wall of text discussing that ^^)
    but, whatever... it is not that important. so, i am fine to stop here. you showed up, that you like Covenants as they are and why. and maybe, in the end of the day, its taste. no one of us is forced to pay Blizz money. If you like what you get, pay (You). If you dont like what you get, quit (Me, when it works out as i expect it). So, i am fine to stop this here.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-08-24 at 11:23 AM.

maybe you missed that part or post, no clue, but i was referring to this:
    Well I did answer it, though I didn't say "yes, we should discuss that". Instead I was actually discussing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    the covenant abilities are too much work for a system that's gonna only last 3 years and then scrapped when the next expansion hits. I'm not saying its balanced or not. But it seems unnecessary. I would prefer an additional raid tier or another patch in it's stead tbh. To me borrowed power systems like the azerite or the artifact power are not that appealing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    You're joking right ? It is called beta official forum where real beta testers post there opinions. I personally do that for the past 6 expansions.
    Europeans arent real beta testers :<
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I for one think Shadowlands system design is amazing. Choose a Covenant, get abilities, choose a Soulbind, choose Conduits, choose Legendary effects, choose your content, choose items from weekly chest. Kudos to Blizzard. Shaping up to be the best expansion ever.

I totally love the system. It may not be perfect, but I like the direction.

Picking the leveling Area you like most to do your WQs there. Interact more with the NPCs there. While I think the Covenant Abilities are cool, some really lack viabilty for some specs.

I can see the frustration some players have, because they can't decide wich covenant they wanna run.

"If I take A, it's better in PvE, but I also wanna do PvP and B is mandatory there.. but If I don't take A pug m+ might not invite me... not to mention C has the best transmog, but what are looks good for if I can't do content?" (and this just for one spec, what If I'm heal and dps? Or Tank?)

In the end I think it doesn't matter.

You can't optimize your character for every situation with the covenant system. I'd rather see it as a bonus, because I'm still viable for every content without covenant abilities, except if you need the teleport for m+, but this is an edgecase. So I'd just go with the one that looks the best and be happy with the abilities I get on top.

I don't think Mindgames is the best Heal-Priest Ability, but 12% mana every 45 seconds is 12% every 45 seconds.. nice to have!