Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get a lot of the people complaining about him not being buff as fuck. If anything I always found overly buff/muscular Batman versions to be weird, since he's meant to be all about Stealth and Agility, not just a meathead. I always imagined him being more like a Lightweight MMA fighter Build than a Heavyweight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Batman is a disturbed due driven by controlled rage and vengeance. Bruce Wayne is his mask. That photo looks like a man on edge, someone who is tired of the corruption in Gothem of about to do something about it.
    I agree, that and also the fact a fucking Car just blew through the room he is in and fucked up a crowd a People. It would be more jarring if he was all cool playboy in the middle of that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Batman isn't meant to be 100% realistic. He is supposed to be a human in the absolute peak physical condition. Bale was able to get into respectable shape, while still maintaining the air of a billionaire playboy, who would likely be IN good shape.

Now we've seen very little honestly from the trailer, but the shots we have seen of him as Bruce doesn't look like he'd be able to scramble across rooftops, not to mention Pattison saying in interviews that he wasn't really interested in working out for the role. I'm not personally expecting a Hugh Jackman bulk or the Rock for that matter, but a Christian Bale or even Tobey Maguire Spiderman 1 is a fair expectation given the nature of the role. If they paid me $4 to $5 million for the role, I'd certainly spend some time in the gym.

All that being said, I'm willing to give him a chance, because I was against Ledger, Evans and Affleck, but they all won me over.
    just to correct this.

Pattison is a known troll, especially when it comes to press. he WAS actualy working out this whole time, he just said that he wasn't because he KNEW that it would get a predictable reaction out of press. and everyone else.

article about the more recent interview. https://movieweb.com/the-batman-robe...rkout-routine/ if you click on the pic on the bottom of the article, it takes you to twitter account with scans of the rest of the interview.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    every single batman bar adam west has used the racoon eyes under the cowl.

I agree its nice they finally show it too. Takes some balls to do that from R patz as an actor and director/make up team choice
    Same thing I said. I remember Kevin Smith watching a BvS trailer when Superman pulls off Batman's hood calling out it was CGI because he didn't have the eyeshadow and his hair was perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I don't get a lot of the people complaining about him not being buff as fuck. If anything I always found overly buff/muscular Batman versions to be weird, since he's meant to be all about Stealth and Agility, not just a meathead. I always imagined him being more like a Lightweight MMA fighter Build than a Heavyweight.
    Jim Lee's Batman...Bruce Timm's Batman...Frank Miller's Batman... They're all built like tanks. It may make more sense for him to be more lithe than jacked, but that's just not what people are used to seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He isn't as square-jawed as I expect Batman to look, but he looks great in the suit.

The black eye makeup threw me off, I will admit. He looks sick, like he's at the end of his rope. Maybe that's the point, and this is kind of a predecessor to Batfleck's angry, retired Batman after Robin's death? Is this part of the DC Cinematic universe? Is it on the timeline somewhere?
    His face seems the type that would fit a Robin, Riddler or even joker better especially with that black eye make up if you ask me. HE must have bulked up a little for the role, but he's not that big.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Jim Lee's Batman...Bruce Timm's Batman...Frank Miller's Batman... They're all built like tanks. It may make more sense for him to be more lithe than jacked, but that's just not what people are used to seeing.
    As much as I love TDR, I always found that massive Bruce Wayne/Batman to be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Same thing I said. I remember Kevin Smith watching a BvS trailer when Superman pulls off Batman's hood calling out it was CGI because he didn't have the eyeshadow and his hair was perfect.
    Yeah exactly. Its dumb. Just show the scruffy hair and make up.

I'm glad they dont make the suit so rigid anymore either so they have to turn their bodies to turn their head. Looks ridiculous and you wouldnt be able to fight off a drunk teen with an eating disorder in it.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ok, first impressions, i think he need a haircut, too much hair for a batman imo.

Second, his face still look too much young to me.

other than that, if he buffes more, i think he will do a goo job, he have the size, but i still prefer Afleck
    What do you mean his face looks young? Batman started being batman when he was 26

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I can see people getting upset. I don’t like it when movies and shows don’t stay accurate to things as I’d rather new and interesting characters be introduced instead. After all, Harley was made for the TV cartoon and was an amazing addition. Can’t we just get new characters instead of changing the race of others?
    Does it really matter? Is being white an important aspect of the character? And you say "can we just get new characters?" but if they did that then you'd just have people upset over it to saying "they only did this because of the democrats reee!!!" or some other stupid shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Courtney Love owns 90% of Nirvana. It was most likely just a cash grab for her.

Ya, it wasn't bad and helped set a tone. Still kind of sad seeing someones music get used, whom if they were alive, would never have allowed it because it goes against their artistic integrity.
    Based on what? Did you know the guy? He didn't even care about his own lyrics. He'd literally make them up when he showed up to record a song.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Doesn't always mean you have to throw multiple at once. Because then you have to give them some screen time, maybe a little backstory. Look how messy Suicide Squad was in that regard.
    uhhhh isn't that literally the entire point of Suicide Squad. You know, a squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Especially since Robert Pattinson is also starring in a little film called Tenet and all the best directors want to work with him.

I guess hes good enough for Chris Nolan but not random internet users kek.
    Especially since it's Batman. Everyone always freaks out about casting in Batman movies.

Everyone freaked out about Keaton, Bale, and Affleck being cast as Batman too.
    Everyone freaked out about Ledger being cast as Joker too...

When Pattinson is done and the next Batman is announced...people will freak out that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post

uhhhh isn't that literally the entire point of Suicide Squad. You know, a squad.
    Sure...and the Avengers is a team as well...but the Avengers didn't just throw a bunch of totally new characters into a movie together. By the time they made it to the Avengers movie...all the principle characters had been introduced already.

What do you mean his face looks young? Batman started being batman when he was 26

- - - Updated - - -

Does it really matter? Is being white an important aspect of the character? And you say "can we just get new characters?" but if they did that then you'd just have people upset over it to saying "they only did this because of the democrats reee!!!" or some other stupid shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what? Did you know the guy? He didn't even care about his own lyrics. He'd literally make them up when he showed up to record a song.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what? Did you know the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    His face seems the type that would fit a Robin, Riddler or even joker better especially with that black eye make up if you ask me. HE must have bulked up a little for the role, but he's not that big.
    Now that you say that he would make a good Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Edward Sissy Hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh please. The way he wails on that dude before he says "I'm vengeance" is the most 'opposite of sissy' Batman has ever been in one of these films.
    Yeah, he's just projecting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Same with Avengers. But there they actually established characters beforehand. Meanwhile Suicide Squad had nine new members they had to establish in a single movie, and it was messy and jarring ("this is Katana, her sword something something souls stolen", or "this is Slipknot, he can climb everywe-<head explodes>"). They had same issue with Justice League, where they had so introduce three out of five (six) members. There are better or worse ways to make a team movie.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-24 at 05:30 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Same with Avengers. But there they actually established characters beforehand. Meanwhile Suicide Squad had nine new members they had to establish in a single movie, and it was messy and jarring ("this is Katana, her sword something something souls stolen", or "this is Slipknot, he can climb everywe-<head explodes>"). They had same issue with Justice League, where they had so introduce three out of five (six) members. There are better or worse ways to make a team movie.
    I enjoy that, while every company has their own vision on how things should proceed, DC/WB continue to just hamfist shit together when Marvel literally laid out a blueprint on how to build your comic book universe.

There is no shame in copying something else. Do the core 3 of the Justice League, have them meet the Flash in one or Green Lantern in another, do a JL movie. Then continue to build on the 3, but do the other guys.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I enjoy that, while every company has their own vision on how things should proceed, DC/WB continue to just hamfist shit together when Marvel literally laid out a blueprint on how to build your comic book universe.

There is no shame in copying something else. Do the core 3 of the Justice League, have them meet the Flash in one or Green Lantern in another, do a JL movie. Then continue to build on the 3, but do the other guys.
    No time man! Marvel keeps raking in big $$$ while they would be properly establishing universe! But it seems they moved on to do their own thing, with a more disjointed movie series (Joker, The Batman). Good idea, but I dislike how they keep swapping actors, even when new ones do great. It seems that WB decision making is solely based on reception, and they make panic changes. "Oh shit! They didn't like dark Justice League/Joker Leto??? Quickly! Change it all!!!!"
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Based on what? Did you know the guy?
    Based on literally every interview where he talked about and comments from his band mates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Especially since it's Batman. Everyone always freaks out about casting in Batman movies.

Everyone freaked out about Keaton, Bale, and Affleck being cast as Batman too.
    Everyone freaked out about Ledger being cast as Joker too...

When Pattinson is done and the next Batman is announced...people will freak out that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure...and the Avengers is a team as well...but the Avengers didn't just throw a bunch of totally new characters into a movie together. By the time they made it to the Avengers movie...all the principle characters had been introduced already.
    You think anyone would give a shit about a standalone movie for any of the characters in suicide squad besides deadshot and harley quinn?

7+ Year Old Account
    baybface i guess, maybe because im used to an old batman, but, meh

No time man! Marvel keeps raking in big $$$ while they would be properly establishing universe! But it seems they moved on to do their own thing, with a more disjointed movie series (Joker, The Batman). Good idea, but I dislike how they keep swapping actors, even when new ones do great. It seems that WB decision making is solely based on reception, and they make panic changes. "Oh shit! They didn't like dark Justice League/Joker Leto??? Quickly! Change it all!!!!"
    Exactly. They really need to find the people who really embody the hero they're playing or, at least, keep one single idea for the hero. Like I liked the idea of Affleck's Batman as an old, jaded cruel Batman and Affleck seemed ready to go for multiple movies more to do it. Nope. 2 movies, get the fuck out.

Hopefully they keep Patterson around for more than 1 movie.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

You think anyone would give a shit about a standalone movie for any of the characters in suicide squad besides deadshot and harley quinn?
    I didn't say they all needed standalone movies. I said it would have been better to have them be introduced in other movies first. Like have Deadshot and Harley be in a Batman movie, Captain Boomerang in a Flash movie, etc. Let the audience see them as actual bad guys before turning them into anti-heroes.

Remember Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't have solo films before the Avengers either...but they both made their introductions before anyway.

I though this franchise went down the shitter when they put Affleck ... geezus

Lets hope Christopher Nolan is still going to be there to ressurect this franchise again in 2035