Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's so cool! I love ICC bosses. I just hope there's a good reason to go kill them. Mythic level catch up gear or something. Mounts and pets aren't interesting enough, not that I ever get them even to drop lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

damn that looks like alot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    That's so cool! I love ICC bosses. I just hope there's a good reason to go kill them. Mythic level catch up gear or something. Mounts and pets aren't interesting enough, not that I ever get them even to drop lol.
    Nah. They currently drop normal level Ny'alotha gear. So the new equivalent of 445, afaik.

Had they been smart they would have scaled the 3 ICC dungeons up, and ICC itself with some cool mount for finishing.

Pointless hype for some NPCs to kill. Please, search on google the meaning of "revamp", you applied in a wrong context.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Be careful OP, saying something is amazing in WoW will bring out the moaning d*cks that think their opinion is right and the game should cater to them only...
    So it's not allowed to disagree that something is not that fun? I find lots of things in WoW fun, while others might say those things are boring as fuck. I also find something boring and unimaginative, like this pre patch. What I look forward to is to play the new class changes in PTR. That is going to be great fun. And do some leveling in Exile's Reach!

What I do think is that the devs might be focusing on having SL ready as fast as they can. So they took the idea from something they did before which people thought was fun, and put it in a new story. It's nothing wrong with that, I personally think that's a good thing. Get that expansion out!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-24 at 01:36 PM.

Would be cool if the actually put in unique gear for this event. But I guess people would cry about that too lol

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Would be cool if the actually put in unique gear for this event. But I guess people would cry about that too lol
    Didn't they do that for the legion prepatch? I don't think anyone was mad because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Didn't they do that for the legion prepatch? I don't think anyone was mad because of that.
    Some recolor of WoD crafted armor and a few unused weapon models that were pretty good for the most part. (Unless you were a hunter. Enjoy your taped together pipe)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Don't forget all the sad, lonely, miserable people who can't bear to see other people excited about something.
    This made me laught so hard!!! thanks buddy ^^

Much Appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Rares, chests and World Quests.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Such revamp. Such innovation.
    yeah, its so amazing!!! maybe one day we get all of northrend revamped
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Randomly spawned old NPCs with tuned up HP is a fun thing now.

But I guess you are dissapointed that not everyone is polishing Blizzards buttcrack so you will just slither away, right?
    So sad, this guy... such angst over a fun little event in a videogame.

Tell me, does it psychologically scar you seeing people excited about events in WoW? Where does it hurt in your soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    This made me laught so hard!!! thanks buddy ^^

Much Appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, its so amazing!!! maybe one day we get all of northrend revamped
    This isn't a revamp.

It's lazy rares, chests and WQs shoved into an old zone.

It is the height of laziness.

15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a revamp.It's lazy rares, chests and WQs shoved into an old zone. It is the height of laziness.
    It is still a revamp and on par with Arathi and Darkshore. Just with out story related changes/updates because it is just a pre-patch and likely won't be used again during the expansion. People really are taking this entire thing way to seriously and is likely a sign that some may need a break from WoW.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love what MMOC has become. 1 guy makes a thread excited about something then 100 people come shit on it. I'm sure there is a reason they're back and if not who the fuck cares, it's a fun, temporary and optional event. If you hate it that much go afk in your garrison where nothing can get you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is still a revamp and on par with Arathi and Darkshore. Just with out story related changes/updates because it is just a pre-patch and likely won't be used again during the expansion. People really are taking this entire thing way to seriously and is likely a sign that some may need a break from WoW.
    I've been on break for 7 months. But do keep telling people how to live their lives.

I love how you think you can tell the "seriousness" of my post from words on a screen.

Also - for it to be on par with Arathi or Darkshore it would need the zone to actually be graphically revamped/updated. Which it is not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been on break for 7 months. But do keep telling people how to live their lives. I love how you think you can tell the "seriousness" of my post from words on a screen. Also - for it to be on par with Arathi or Darkshore it would need the zone to actually be graphically revamped/updated. Which it is not.
    If you paid attention to the words on the screen you would see that I never told you anything. Or for that matter anyone. I gave my opinion of their responses and used general words like "people" and "some" instead of specific words like "you". The zone was not revamped graphically but its purpose was. It was turned into a end-game relevant zone even if just for the pre-patch. That still qualifies as a revamp.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I would have liked to have seen the Scourge decimate one of the other zones in Northrend, not really much for them to do in Icecrown. But if I could have seen these bosses in Grizzly hills or Borean Tundra attacking the settlements there, now that could have been fun. All in all, probably not worth resubbing for, a few re-used assets in scourge centered places already with the most likely outcome of being awarded a mount at the end isn't worth my money. Fair enough to those who will sub for it though, each their own.

It's been a long time since we've been back to Icecrown so yeah I'm pretty excited about it too.

Surprised to see so much negativity..

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you paid attention to the words on the screen you would see that I never told you anything. Or for that matter anyone. I gave my opinion of their responses and used general words like "people" and "some" instead of specific words like "you". The zone was not revamped graphically but its purpose was. It was turned into a end-game relevant zone even if just for the pre-patch. That still qualifies as a revamp.
    Oh okay. Now you're going to argue semantics.

You directly compared it to two zones that were entirely remade with new graphics and assets.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    It's been a long time since we've been back to Icecrown so yeah I'm pretty excited about it too.

Surprised to see so much negativity..
    Just a sign of the times i think. BfA didnt exactly spark joy, and there is quite a lot of hushed concern for SL, and obviously the usual vocal concerns as well. I think there is a lot to like about SL, and i think its really good for people to be excited for w/e aspect gets them excited. I love pre-patch stuff - i usually play a LOT during prepatch.

My opinion is, a LOT of people would benefit from taking a break, dropping their sub, and just waiting for a couple of months before returning. I am taking a break, and it has certainly increased my excitement for SL and the pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh okay. Now you're going to argue semantics.

You directly compared it to two zones that were entirely remade with new graphics and assets.
    For whats its worth, you two can fight it out all day for all i care and i dont have a dog in this fight, however, my understanding of a "revamp" would be improving the form, structure, or appearance of something. I guess someone could argue the structure has been changed? Not the physical structure, but rather the structure of the content. Dunno, like i said i dont really have an issue either way, but i dont think its accurate to compare it to situations where the zone had a full revamp including purpose, structure, visuals etc etc.
    #FightFightFightFight
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-08-25 at 12:15 AM.