Do you think it's worth it to come back for Shadowlands?

When I stopped playing BFA after Uldir. My life got busier, I don't have as much time to grind 5 different things to be able to raid and stay up to date. I felt like there was so much to do, but the grind didn't feel rewarding. I haven't kept up on Shadowlands and before I dive in, do you think it's worth it for me to look at the game again if I had these issues? Is Shadowlands going to just be more of the same?

I quit into BFA because the grind was a lot also. Me and a lot of my friends like the changes shadowlands has present and personally I think it'll be worth it! Plus you can play classic on the side.

15+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing about BFA was the necklace. You couldn't wear Az pieces because of it and if you took a break, you had to level up the neck when you got back to be competitive in raids, otherwise you'd be down by the tanks on damage. Also the way you leveled the neck was terrible, insanely grindy.

Yes, I would rather have Covenants than go back to the necklace.

Why not? Play a month or two at least, see how you like it.
    Maybe give up raiding. Time constraints + raiding (at a high level at least) = not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimelton View Post
    When I stopped playing BFA after Uldir. My life got busier, I don't have as much time to grind 5 different things to be able to raid and stay up to date. I felt like there was so much to do, but the grind didn't feel rewarding. I haven't kept up on Shadowlands and before I dive in, do you think it's worth it for me to look at the game again if I had these issues? Is Shadowlands going to just be more of the same?
    A bunch of strangers will never be able to tell you what you will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why not? Play a month or two at least, see how you like it.
    Maybe give up raiding. Time constraints + raiding (at a high level at least) = not a good idea.
    Well want to ask peoples opinion before drop the money on it and sub.

That's what I've been thinking I may have to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    The worst thing about BFA was the necklace. You couldn't wear Az pieces because of it and if you took a break, you had to level up the neck when you got back to be competitive in raids, otherwise you'd be down by the tanks on damage. Also the way you leveled the neck was terrible, insanely grindy.

Yes, I would rather have Covenants than go back to the necklace.
    So are the covenants not as powerscaley as the the necklace?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    A bunch of strangers will never be able to tell you what you will enjoy.
    Never hurts to ask someones opinion.

Probably not, not since legion with its diablo 3 systems, but you could like it!! You never know man

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it depends on what content you're planning on doing. In general atm, I'd personally say it's not worth coming back to yet but if you're really interested in Shadowlands I'd say wait a month and see what state the game is in before playing. That way you'll have around four weeks worth of Covenant reknown you can earn in one go and the first raid should be close to or have opened by then and you'll have missed any major initial gearing and class balance issues, until the raid ones start. Though if you're only casually playing I'd say wait until the first major patch before jumping back in but if you're keen on raiding or doing Mythic+ then as usual you'd best jump in from the start with the four grinds necessary to get a foot in doing those types of content.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

It looks like you will have to grind just as much if not more in sl so would stay away.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how up to date you want to be when you play. As of right now, here are some of the endgame "grinds"

Farm Torghast for legendary materials
    Do quests daily/weekly for your covenant
    Do X activities to increase renown
    Build up your soulbinds
    Farm conduits for your soulbind trees

From my observation, these are not perpetual in the way that the Artifacts were, so you can eventually reach the end, but I'm not sure how long that will take, on average.
    Last edited by taishar68; 2020-08-25 at 05:28 PM.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Never hurts to ask someones opinion.
    That's not really true. You will get talked out of things you would enjoy or talked into things you do not. Enjoyment is very subjective and you are asking people who do not know you even the tiniest bit.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    It depends on how up to date you want to be when you play. As of right now, here is some of the endgame "grinds"

Farm Torghast for legendary materials
    Do quests daily/weekly for your covenant
    Do X activities to increase renown
    Build up your soulbinds
    Farm conduits for your soulbind trees

From my observation, these are not perpetual in the way that the Artifacts were, so you can eventually reach the end, but I'm not sure how long that will take, on average.
    Oh so these ones aren't endless?

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    That's not really true. You will get talked out of things you would enjoy or talked into things you do not. Enjoyment is very subjective and you are asking people who do not know you even the tiniest bit.
    I understand what you're saying, but that's why I asked. I want to know other peoples opinions on the subject. I know some people will say no and some will say yes, but I like to get others opinions.

I understand what you're saying, but that's why I asked. I want to know other peoples opinions on the subject. I know some people will say no and some will say yes, but I like to get others opinions.
    But that's the point. Your opinion is the only one that matters in this case. Getting other people's opinions is worthless at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i would. got beta last week and have a drive to play the game like never before. 9.0 is a total blast.
    Mhm, I heard that as well from people that I know that got beta. Looking forward to it! When it's live, fresh, as in no beta for me!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There’s always a grind but in SL it’s capped. As for whether or not it’s worth to come back now as opposed to the prepatch that depends on whether or not you want any of the rewards leaving at start of prepatch - things like the Brutosaur for example. Wowhead have a comprehensive list of that

Just look at 8.3 content. If you don't like it, then don't buy SL. You should understand, that Blizzard think, that 8.2-8.3 content is successful in terms of so called "players' involvement". I.e. they've found new ways of forcing grinds on us, like replacing emissaries, where we have choice, what WQs to do, with dailies, where this choice is removed. So, SL content will most likely be similar to 8.3 content.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, there is no reason not to just wait and see how it plays out. A lot of people figured out BfA was trash within the first month. I'd recommend waiting a month and see how SL is actually playing out instead of relying on speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's World of Warcraft. You get all the usual stuff plus couple new "seasonal" expansion things.

If you like questing experience, dungeons, raid and other typical WoW activities - you will get to do them with new maps, environments and mechanics. If you only look to sub for couple months or so, it means you are pretty casual about it and all the screaming and pouting about Covenants and such will not really apply to you. Overall new zones are lit, new dungeons are fun and new stuff is new - so it's definitely enough to carry for a while until that fresh coat of pain gets stale and you move on.

That's about it.

If you miss it and want to check it out, then sure. If you’re on the fence it just depends on if you’re leaning to one side or the other.
    From what’s been stated, there will still be a lot of things to do, from how acquiring weekly loot box gear works (multiple m+, multiple raid bosses, etc) for a choice in different pieces, to just running raids and m+. New version of weekly mission table that’s still close to the same.
    On the flip side, there is a weekly cap that is pretty lenient. What this means is you won’t have to feel overwhelmed and that you have to play 24/7 or dedicate ludicrous hours to the game to stay caught up to others.
    Bottom line and best advice anyone can give you: do some of your own research as there are plenty of YouTube videos you can watch, as well as sites like WoWhead, to get the gist of of what’s new and coming up and see if it sounds good. Never take anyone’s advice at face value as almost no one will ever agree 100% about why they like or dislike something.