Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In b4 being loyal gives her transmog

Who exactly couldn't see this coming, every time Sylvanas has made an alliance she breaks it and betrays people the moment it would give her an advantage greater than continuing the alliance would. Anyone who think the PC is any different is just deluding themselves. It's also exactly what will happen to the Jailer, and she'll use us as the tool to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    The war was started because Sylvanas needed to send souls to the Jailer.

It was covered in the books.
    I know that captain obvious. I am replying tho to someone who is acting as if siding with saurfang meaning abandoning the horde, as if the war between the Alliance and Sylvanas had anything to do with the Horde to begin with.

No one's being screwed over. "Loyalists" supported a villain who wanted to kill everyone including her own loyalists. Normally the mental shift should happen after you figure that out...

I feel like the "loyalists" are more just anti-baine/anti-saurfang. Hating those two shouldn't equate you supporting a genocidal maniac who hates everything including you.

And if it wasn't already clear, the war was mainly alliance vs Sylvanas. Most of the horde were like "uhh...".

Dude..the biggest problem with Warcraft's story is legitimately the fact that its being told in an MMO....
    The story HAS to revolve around the game mechanics..has to tread very carefully over the fact that you and the other couple million people are the chosen one leaving what's cannon and what's not very sketchy AND still keep EVERYONE in the same story..Hell wow has it REALLY bad because they have to write TWO stories for every expansion but then write in some arbitary reason why we have to return to the status quo because major changes in the story could DRASTICALLY change gameplay.

* Despite everything they have to come up with some reason why the factions have to be split because PVP needs to exist
    * Also everyone needs to mostly be in the same world...hate phasing now? OOOH you would hate it more because Loyalist Azeroth is SOO much different to Canon Azeroth
    * All the while keeping YOU as the center of the story despite you possibly not participating in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    And if it wasn't already clear, the war was mainly alliance vs Sylvanas. Most of the horde were like "uhh...".
    To be fair, most of the horde was murdering alliance left and right without asking a single question. And having a blast while doing so.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They already confirmed that their play-pretend "agency" wouldn't matter for shit in Shadowlands right at Blizzcon.
    Yeah... So much for their vaunted MUH RPG "philosophy"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Most of the horde were like "uhh...".
    I dare say that most of the Horde was "not this !@#$ again for the love of the Loa", or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

i have this ready for when we finally get rid of sylvanas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIdRJlzERo

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Good. That's what you get for supporting the villian.
    Just curious, do you think Griffith did nothing wrong?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Blizzard made it very clear, that the "loyalists" were the ones who were wrong from the start. Too bad you haven't realized this yet.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Just curious, do you think Griffith did nothing wrong?
    What a silly question. He sacrificed his entire Band and did some pretty fucked up things to Casca.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What a silly question. He sacrificed his entire Band and did some pretty fucked up things to Casca.
    But he did it to become a ruler, which is a privilege he uses for good.

Might that not also be something Sylvanas is trying to do, what with seizing control over death?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    But he did it to become a ruler, which is a privilege he uses for good.

Might that not also be something Sylvanas is trying to do, what with seizing control over death?
    Griffith's whole character is that he manipulates everyone around him, nothing he does is for the good of "humanity". It's funny you even compare him to Sylvanus after everything she's done. They're both characters who's only actions are to benefit themselves. Her whole "breaking death" is because she is scared of dying.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Dude..the biggest problem with Warcraft's story is legitimately the fact that its being told in an MMO....
    The story HAS to revolve around the game mechanics..has to tread very carefully over the fact that you and the other couple million people are the chosen one leaving what's cannon and what's not very sketchy AND still keep EVERYONE in the same story..Hell wow has it REALLY bad because they have to write TWO stories for every expansion but then write in some arbitary reason why we have to return to the status quo because major changes in the story could DRASTICALLY change gameplay.

* Despite everything they have to come up with some reason why the factions have to be split because PVP needs to exist
    * Also everyone needs to mostly be in the same world...hate phasing now? OOOH you would hate it more because Loyalist Azeroth is SOO much different to Canon Azeroth
    * All the while keeping YOU as the center of the story despite you possibly not participating in it.
    Nicely said.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I don't know why they are so invested in turning the Horde into Alliance-lite. I think they had the perfect balance in Cataclysm but just went and ruined it all with Mists and now again with BfA.
    Sadly probably because of Politics, you cant have players be "Evil". Otherwise the Media/Politics protraits it as that the Corporation is "Evil".
    In this Age you cant tell a Story without beeing personally associated with everything that happens in your Story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair, most of the horde was murdering alliance left and right without asking a single question. And having a blast while doing so.
    I think you are confusing Horde with Horde Players. ^^

Well being an obedient simp ought to be all the reward you need xD

Not sure what you expected when you are a loyalist to a lying hypocrite nazi genociding banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sylvanas loyalists deserve to be screwed over so Blizzard did a good job for once
    This. She's simply the Villain; do you believe that It even mattered for her: she didn't eve tell you her plan simply because she doesn't care anymore. You were a good dog that did what she wanted and now get put down because you probably know too much: welcome in the world of an Loyalist to the Villain; it never ends good. Only look what happened to them in real life. So yes, they get screwed because you helped the evil side; nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hmmm, honestly not heavy handed enough. They should try harder to prove that lawful good is the only option.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, he is trying to create lawful good borg. Its more and more obvious that he is center of new hivemind society.
    I am staunchly against Anduin but endless QQing from the horde about their choices and edge and all that... Makes me consider lawful good as an alternative. You had your fun. Its over. We didnt even had that much. Be grateful for what you had and then “voyage you shared”, is that really so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    i have this ready for when we finally get rid of sylvanas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIdRJlzERo
    That's my idea too. Last time it was 7 years when i celebrated with this song, and when sylvanas dies, it's happy time again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I agree, OP. Let us be evil as hell and commit war crimes all day in fantasy land. Let us stand and die on the hills we decide to defend. Sometimes spitting on and teabagging other players in PvP just isn't enough.

Serving evil blindly in a video game is kind of the point. Whether it's due to nihilism or hatred, or just to stir the pot to keep things interesting, villains and bad people have to exist, otherwise there's no point to the game or story to be told since there wouldn't be an opposition to the good guys. It's not about logic or common sense. You do it for the lolz, for the hell of it, or just to be antagonistic and contrary for its own sake.

It's fine that it doesn't appeal to most people, but something a little more conclusive for the loyal players ending would have been nice. At least give my forsaken death knight a reason he shouldn't want to slaughter all of humanity and follow Sylvanas into the Shadowlands to cause more havoc.
    Or as a logical conclusion of your rampage you get eventually overwhelmed and slaughtered, your body burned and soul eaten by the Jailer with gusto. Yes, her simps also get eaten by Jailer, you can see their souls in the same “line” as Alliance or Saurfang supporters.