Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lowest APM Class for Carpal tunnel syndrome players ??

Hey i was wondering what lowest APM class due to having carpal tunnel and also that not a BM Hunter or Demon Hunter i have tried em both but but both are no go for me due to fast pace which my hands can’t handle so any other suggestions ???

You might want to try classes and specs with longer cast-timers, so definitely a spell DPS one. The less instant casts, the better, or instant casts with longer cooldowns.

Maybe Mages, Warlock and Shadow Priests could be better options for you.

Spec with lowest APM is Sin rogue. You spend half your time pooling energy.

This is from T21 but not much has changed for Sin. It's still the lowest APM spec by far.

Last edited by Kryt0s; 2020-08-26 at 05:38 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe try arcane mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe try arcane mage. I think its rotation is some thing like : 1(2 seconds) 1 (2 seconds) 1 (2seconds) 2, 3. Repeat

Some of the lower apm I believe would be something like Sub Rogue, Frost & Arcane Mage, Demo/Dest Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    Hey i was wondering what lowest APM class due to having carpal tunnel and also that not a BM Hunter or Demon Hunter i have tried em both but but both are no go for me due to fast pace which my hands can’t handle so any other suggestions ???
    Simcraft usually has an APM chart for DPS; they have made their charts unavailable until Shadowlands, but the direct link is still available:

https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T23_Raid.html

Assassination Rogue 39 (1 action per 1.54s)
    Frost Mage sans Ice Lance 39
    Frost DK 41
    Destro Lock 43
    Frost Mage con Ice Lance 43
    Arcane Mage 44
    WW Monk 44
    Arms Warrior 45 (1 action per 1.3s)

Subject to change with class changes in Shadowlands.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I didn't see you mention this, but if you want the lowest APM class. It will be a healer almost every time. If you still want to be a DPS, then as mentioned already. Dot spec classes work well. Assassin spec rogues, warlocks, feral druids, etc.

But currently, with how almost all classes work, you're still trying to hit something every GCD. I would highly consider a more ergonomic keyboard, and just re-train yourself to use it. A mouse like the Logitech G600 or the Razer Naga is also massively helpful for reducing that sort of strain. A friend of mine has had two surgeries on his left hand and claims this crazy keypad has changed his life, in regards to pain and gaming.

https://www.azeron.eu/

I think you might be able to play whatever you want, with a few changes to how you play in general.

Good luck.

So atm saving Mage for Shadowlands expansion so for now Elemental Shaman or Desto Warlock (i prefer range DPS not melee) or could boost 120 Assassin Rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, carpal tunnel is awful. I'd definitely recommend a class with a lot of casting, that way you not only have less APM, but less movement as well.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    But currently, with how almost all classes work, you're still trying to hit something every GCD.
    You really don't as Sin Rogue. Most of your time is spent pooling energy. Just look at the downtime for SIn.

Apart from a mouse with allot of keys for keybinding i would try and seek programmable keys aswell.
    I used to get painfull fingers from playing a guardian druid back in the original kara raids.

After i got a Logitech keyboard with programmable keys i just made a macro that repeated while pressed down.
    macro was something like press 2-3-4 repeat with 0.1sec intervals.

all i did was press the button and keep it pressed down.
    Later on i played a warrior in Icecrown. on saurfang i had a fun jump attack macroxD to keep my warrior from casting slam i made him jump nonestop!
    Paperclip on the key and i could take a shit while still beeing not so terrible dps!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    Apart from a mouse with allot of keys for keybinding i would try and seek programmable keys aswell.
    I used to get painfull fingers from playing a guardian druid back in the original kara raids.

After i got a Logitech keyboard with programmable keys i just made a macro that repeated while pressed down.
    macro was something like press 2-3-4 repeat with 0.1sec intervals.

all i did was press the button and keep it pressed down.
    Later on i played a warrior in Icecrown. on saurfang i had a fun jump attack macroxD to keep my warrior from casting slam i made him jump nonestop!
    Paperclip on the key and i could take a shit while still beeing not so terrible dps!
    That shit can get you banned. At least use a random sleep duration between key presses.

I don't know who told you DH had a low APM, because they don't have any free globals. You very literally used to be able to play BM hunter with a scroll wheel, im not sure if that is still the case. Everything is so ramped up now at the end of the expac, that there's not many specs that arent high APM.

But if you have shitty gear or going into SL, assassin rogue, arms warr, unholy dk, fire mage, destro lock, Prot pally, or disc priest.

Game is already stupid low AP across the board. It shouldn't be, though. Maximizing APM and effectiveness under high loads is one of the few ways we get skill gap in this game. If you can be just as effective while not button mashing as much, then it's just slow and boring and easy to "be good". From a purely mechanical standpoint and learning what to press when, the game is stupid easy and there's not much decision making.

If you have carpel tunnel, OP, I recommend accepting your lesser performance due to disability and trying to find people who just don't care about that, or playing a different type of game. Most games have moved way away from high APM style anyways because it doesn't translate well to consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryt0s View Post
    You really don't as Sin Rogue. Most of your time is spent pooling energy. Just look at the downtime for SIn.
    They have over 30 seconds of downtime, on 2-3 min boss fights? That is really absurd to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They have over 30 seconds of downtime, on 2-3 min boss fights? That is really absurd to think about.
    Worse than that even, the X-axis is % of the boss fight that is downtime. It's actually over 60 seconds on a 3 minute fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Worse than that even, the X-axis is % of the boss fight that is downtime. It's actually over 60 seconds on a 3 minute fight.
    I don't understand this, isn't the spec basically, keep up 2 dots and do 5 point envenoms? Why the energy pooling?

I know this is not OT but I'm curious, I just leveled an Assassin rogue and I'm apparently doing it all wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I don't understand this, isn't the spec basically, keep up 2 dots and do 5 point envenoms? Why the energy pooling?

I know this is not OT but I'm curious, I just leveled an Assassin rogue and I'm apparently doing it all wrong.
    It runs Elaborate Planning, so you're looking to do as much damage as possible 4s after using a finishing move.

It runs Vigor for extended Energy cap to exploit those 4s.

It runs Toxic Blade for another 9s 30% bonus Nature damage debuff to stack on top of the 4s.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

7+ Year Old Account
    Envenom, Toxic Blade and Vanish all want you to have a lot of energy available so you can take max advantage of the short buffs they give you. So it's better to activate them when you have 80 energy saved up rather than with only 30 energy. That is pooling. It is a lot more noticeable and impactful early in the expansion than now in 8.3 with corruptions and people running around at 90% haste.

Genuinely, use Autohotkey.

It's a grey area but if I were you, I wouldn't care about what others think. It's a game, and ruining your hands over it is not worth it.