Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Catweaving is OK, resto druids are OK. If anything, the other healers should be brought up to druid level. Especially holy priests and resto shamans, who have bad dps and mediocre output (in dungeons, that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The problem with healer dps doing shit ton, especially early in the expansion is that i tend to focus more on topping dps and just telling everyone in my party discord to pot and use defensive cooldowns. LOL

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Having to DPS as a healer is what made me lose interest in healing. I dislike doing it, yet i'm expected to. If I wanted to DPS then I would play DPS.
    Agreed.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Hard agree.

This should force Discipline back to an overshield healer instead of the partial DPS, partial healer abomination of a spec that it has become.
    I'm fine with the partial healer, but they should hands down be doing the most damage out of all healers in 5 man content. Doesn't make sense for druids/hpals to do more damage while healing for more and being able to heal for even more when they decide to stop dealing damage.

all they have to do is bring all healers up to druid/pala levels. Do I have any hope that they will? no.
    Last edited by Smetz; 2020-08-30 at 12:44 AM.

I dont have a Problem with Healers doing dmg, even if I think Healer DPS shouldnt be required no matter how high the key is. What I do have a Problem with is: doing it as a melee.

So Catform, Holy Pala, Fistweaving....I absolutley hate it. I dont know why, my mains were always Melees (Rogue, DK, DH, WW) so im fine with beeing in melee as a DPS, but as a healer? I love playing my Mistweaver, I would like holy Pala themewise...I love Resto Druid playstyle, but I dont play it because of Catweaving. Absolute garbage gameplay (my opinion). Delete catweaving, and buff/change Resto druids dps casts/Balance affinity. Moon/Sunfire, Wrath, Lunarstrike etc.
    to summarize it...I love playing melee dps, but healers have to stay at range ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Reduce all effective damage done by healers 99% in 5 man content
    Did i miss something? Why is healers (druids?) doing damage a problem? Its a bonus.
    If a given group demands more dps than you feel is reasonable, find a different group.
    Last edited by dexx; 2020-08-30 at 04:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Did i miss something? Why is healers (druids?) doing damage a problem? Its a bonus.
    If a given group demands more dps than you feel is reasonable, find a different group.
    Because many ppl that got into healing did it so that they don't have to dps, the skill floor was high enough before (compared to mage/rogue dps at least), there was no need to ruin a good thing, but now it's irreversible, because many like the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Because many ppl that got into healing did it so that they don't have to dps, the skill floor was high enough before (compared to mage/rogue dps at least), there was no need to ruin a good thing, but now it's irreversible, because many like the new system.
    They still don't have to do proper DPS at a casual to average level (although I respect the players that try). It's just once you get high enough that every scrap of damage could make or break a timer then every person in that group needs to be doing all they can offensively & defensively to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post

But yeah, 15s are doable by absolutely every spec, as are 20s & beyond. Just gotta find the right people to play with.
    iirc, every class/spec has done a 28 atm, all but Hpriest done a 29.
    Just some fun information for those who claims their class is shit

And if someone wants to stand in the back and spam a slow Heal, well then classic is open to play.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2020-08-30 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    They still don't have to do proper DPS at a casual to average level (although I respect the players that try). It's just once you get high enough that every scrap of damage could make or break a timer then every person in that group needs to be doing all they can offensively & defensively to get through.
    A pug group doing some of the least favorable keys at +15 won't tolerate a healer, let's say a hpriest that doesn't dps and even with friends they are likely to get angered after a while. The specs are designed in such a way that dpsing is possible, so you should really do it, or else ..
    Personally I loved playing healer before, now I'm only doing it out of necessity to get a dungeon spot easier, but it's no longer that fun. I'm just doing a dps rotation that's frequently interrupted to dish out some heals, or to maintain atonement on disc. Tanks having too many heals is another major problem as well. Ppl have the counterargument that healing used to be boring, because there was nothing to heal, well I believe it was nice that in between some intense healing sessions I could just focus to keep the tank up with mana efficient healing spell, but that is no longer necessary, or useful.

Idk this sounds like the worst idea I've ever read on this forum, and there are people demanding for it to turn into a raiding MOBA.