Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Covenant and legendaries in arena? Why?

does any1 else feel that covenant abilities and legendary effects should be kept out of pvp? That could be the (pvp talents) of pve. We don't need more gimmick 1 shot crap. Every time borrowed power comes in to arena, we have another corruption 1 shot mechanic playhouse.

Because our classes would feel empty, clunky and half-done. Sad but truth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard values player progression and specialization in their PvP modes, even if it makes matches unfair. Lots of players like it too, otherwise no one would PvP in WoW (there are plenty of other games who have nice, fair PvP available).

Knowing this, vote with your wallet.

no new stuff for pvp - people compain
    new stuff for pvp - people complain

at last, it seems that pve and pvp players have something in common

Assa rogues will surely love to fight against people who chose Kyrian who can makes themselves immune against Curses, Diseases, Poison and Bleed effects for 15 seconds.

Not that i would shed a tear for rogues, but will be an odd thing to adjust your strat based on enemy covenant choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Assa rogues will surely love to fight against people who chose Kyrian who can makes themselves immune against Curses, Diseases, Poison and Bleed effects for 15 seconds.

Not that i would shed a tear for rogues, but will be an odd thing to adjust your strat based on enemy covenant choice.
    Bro... have you seen how brewmasters have a 1/5 chance for staggers debuff to heal them?

I legit don't know how you are supposed to drop one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you use the phials in arena or not? I heard you can't so that basically made me forget about Kyrian.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Can you use the phials in arena or not? I heard you can't so that basically made me forget about Kyrian.
    Atm you can't but that is seen as a bug since they count as potions currently. To my understanding it is planned for them to be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Blizzard values player progression and specialization in their PvP modes, even if it makes matches unfair. Lots of players like it too, otherwise no one would PvP in WoW (there are plenty of other games who have nice, fair PvP available).

Knowing this, vote with your wallet.
    Tbh if anything, they have moved towards making it more balanced by adding pvp talents. I expect that one covenant will be so much better for pvp than others for pretty much all specs that this won't cause any problems. Serious pvpers will just pick the best one and that's it.

And obviously the balance is still not the same as actual competitive games that have no rng or player progression/class affecting power.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    If you can use any other Covenant racial in Arena, you should be able to use the phial as well.

Not like Kyrian are the only one, Venthyr can get a 6 second AoE disorient on Door of Shadows around the area they teleport to.
    Totally not OP on some classes to keep a CC chain going.

Covenants? Sure.
    Legendaries? Wouldn't like to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    same old unbalanced system for pvp - people compain
    borrowed powers that rely on RNG and gives really high upper hand for pvp only because someone was lucky, not skilled - people complain
    Fixed that for you.

Why? Because without these borrowed powers most classes and speccs are such crap and garbage, that barely anyone would want to play them. Including in arena and pvp in general.

If you can use any other Covenant racial in Arena, you should be able to use the phial as well.

Not like Kyrian are the only one, Venthyr can get a 6 second AoE disorient on Door of Shadows around the area they teleport to.
    The phial will be usable. The Venthyr AoE is 3 seconds in PvP, but yeah, still ridiculously strong. I just wonder if it DR's with blind/dragon's breath etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, which is why the only expansion I enjoyed PvP was when PvP templates were a thing and your gear didn't mean shit.

I don't like PvP in WoW because the balance is such a giant clusterfuck from class differences alone, I stick to games where PvP is either somewhat balanced (Dark Souls) or the game is exclusively PvP (Overwatch/HoTS/MWO). Having to roll the current meta or lose isn't a choice I find fun, hence why I mostly stayed away from PvP in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Because our classes would feel empty, clunky and half-done. Sad but truth.
    Problem of their class design since Legion. I hope they will scrap the "temporary class progression" idea with the expansion after SL. It's just proven to be horrible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No. You need to abandon the notion that PvP is about sportsmanship and honor. That is, and halways has been, complete bullshit. PvP is about rofl-stomping newbies that are weaker then you with gear that has 3 to 4 times the item level of said newbies. Only at the very top end will you find a certain degree of true competive spirit, for the most part that is also marred by the meta game though, even if there are a hand full of outliers.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Covenants? Sure.
    Legendaries? Wouldn't like to see them.
    Aren't the covenants a lot more impactful than the legendaries in a lot of cases? When I come up against a Druid, I'm less scared about faster DoT ticks than I am Convoke 100%ing me.

I mean does it matter when maldrax can ignore cc?

This is going to be a nightmare... you thought one shot star stacking was bad? WE ARE GOING TO BE LOOKING BACK FONDLY ON HOW WELL CORRUPTIONS WERE BALANCED!

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I mean does it matter when maldrax can ignore cc?
    You can technically use it but then you're using a 2min CD to counter a 1min CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    This is going to be a nightmare... you thought one shot star stacking was bad? WE ARE GOING TO BE LOOKING BACK FONDLY ON HOW WELL CORRUPTIONS WERE BALANCED!
    Of course it will be.

The same company that has struggled to balance external power system which were purely throughput based, now wants to balance a system that involves throughput, defensive, mobility and utility.
    Yeah, that won't happen.

The belief they won't touch covenant abilities / soulbinds post launch is a dream scenario, people will discover some broken build, then Blizzards hands will be forced to change something.
    And sometimes, Blizzard rather effectively kills something than even attempting to balance it.

You can technically use it but then you're using a 2min CD to counter a 1min CD.

Of course it will be.

The same company that has struggled to balance external power system which were purely throughput based, now wants to balance a system that involves throughput, defensive, mobility and utility.
    Yeah, that won't happen.

The belief they won't touch covenant abilities / soulbinds post launch is a dream scenario, people will discover some broken build, then Blizzards hands will be forced to change something.
    And sometimes, Blizzard rather effectively kills something than even attempting to balance it.
    The real debate among people who are not.... How do I as average player without sounding condescending..? Is that they may not overly nerf anything until mythic is full cleared like they did in the last tier of bfa with corruptions that weirdly left limit with killing one of easier versions of mythic znoth with how absurd echoing void was.

I am sure we are going to see specs go from mandatory for how powerful they are to useless from how badly broken blizzard will make them. The question is now what the time period before the fall will be.