Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    The previous 2 cinematics came out around this hour right?
    I'm pretty certain it was a little later, like in an hour and a half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    It is not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They chose Drakka as the character to present the most Scourge-like zone of the Shadowlands. I think they were and still are absolutely oblivious as to why this was a bad choice. It's like making a trailer about the Burning Legion and centering it around a wyrmtongue minion's life.

If we now take a look at the Ardenweald cinematic's leaked scenes... you've got a little goat boy and a Disney-like queen, both being completely new characters with zero community and fan attachments to either. It's going to flop hard, if one can use the word hard and Ardenweald in the same sentence.
    I'm still interested. This is the first time WoW explores the whole fairy theme and I'm here for it.

Still watching but this is so much better than Maldraxxus...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    We might see Gorak Tul and Mueh'zala too, since there's a part in the trailer where a withered tree is shown
    Gorak Tul's been mentioned, but I haven't seen him yet. I don't considered Mueh'zala to be "returning" as this is actually his first time on the stage, as it were.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

meh

fell asleep like I did the last time.

cool art as always though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Noooo .... poor Ursoc :*(

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Poor Ursoc...

That's the best one so far. I feel even Bastion did not highlight how the Realm and its Covenant truly function, or at least it didn't do it as brilliantly as this one did. it cements my feeling that Ardenweald is my favorite so far. And it blows poor Maldraxxus' video out of the water.

So Ursoc is erased from existence? His soul basically served as expendable fuel no (similarly to the Legion's victims)?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So Ursoc is erased from existence? His soul basically served as expendable fuel no (similarly to the Legion's victims)?
    Maybe at the end of the expansion when the anima flow is restored, all the souls that were lost or used in the proces will come back to existence? Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Maybe at the end of the expansion when the anima flow is restored, all the souls that were lost or used in the proces will come back to existence? Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something like this.
    Lol, makes me think of Nagato in Naruto.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I would hope so, isn’t the point of the afterlife is not having to worry about dying anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I suspect you're putting more thought into it than they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    So we know Ysera was one of the last souls that made it before death was broken, but she died before Ursoc, right? Does that mean that whatever broke the machinery of death happened AFTER the EN raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    It's up

Here we go again...
    The music was epic, but it pretty much ended the same way the Maldraxxus one did - with the main character standing in front, saying: "For [insert zone name]!"

Parallels: the main character does their thing (Ara'lon tends to the grove, Draka is training). The main character has to fight some dudes (Ara'lon against the Vorkai, Draka against the Undead).

Where is the twist? Where is the dark theme? They went for the same route the Maldraxxus one did - and by doing so, they deprived it of any uniqueness.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-10 at 05:26 PM.

That one was pretty good and gave decent view into ardenweald.

Press F for Ursoc.

This one was much better than the Maldraxxus one and given that the only returning character was a meh raid boss it did a proper job of making me care for the new characters introduced and presenting Ardenweald. I care more about this twinky satyr dude having to kill his bear friend for the greater good than I did for Draka's betrayal by her copy-paste skeletons because I got to know who he was and what he set out to do.

Also, in terms of lore tidbits, this has some meat to it. For instance, we now know that at the time of Emerald Nightmare, so 7.0, the afterlife selection was still working since Ursoc went to Ardenweald instead of the Maw. Additionally, we have a better idea of the time difference since multiple seasons/years passed in Ardenweald while the drought went on whereas for those in the real world it was only a few years.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I would hope so, isn’t the point of the afterlife is not having to worry about dying anymore
    Apparently not, you can die again and... go to the Shadow-Shadowlands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

So... what about the berries that got fed to Ursoc prior to the drought? Whose souls were those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Apparently not, you can die again and... go to the Shadow-Shadowlands?
    Dying in the shadowlands reincarnates you in it. They said as much.

Man... Poor Ursoc, this was so sad... He could not catch a break...
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    So... what about the berries that got fed to Ursoc prior to the drought? Whose souls were those?
    None. I think they're just anima, so energy. It's also what they're drawing out with those staves. Ursoc perma-dies because of a lack of anima, like malnutrition of the soul.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.