Thread: No classic+?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Smashing argument, supported by an obscure blog with no info how they gathered their data.

Do you personally believe WoW has 80 million players right now?

And such a great argument that it also works in response to "No way the earth is flat"

Luckily I put a question mark after my sentence. Should have added the good old /s as well.

But I answered to this earlier. Basically both sides use the fact that Blizzard changed their minds on Classic servers to further their arguments:
    "They changed their minds on this once, now they will always change it on every issue"
    "Just because they changed their minds doesn't mean they do it again"

In addition: Was the topic of Classic+ even ever addressed by Blizzard? And why do people think Classic+ would be anything remotely that they like better than retail?
    I literally addressed the 80m claim already. Though the daily player numbers sound pretty accurate.

Weird way of saying "classic is as boring as everyone said it would be and i can't stand it anymore".

You thought you did, but you didn't.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-09-13 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    https://mmo-population.com/blog/wow-...-whats-bigger/

From April and I'd be willing to bet both numbers are lower by now but Retail still has four times the number of people playing than Classic does.
    Unreliable numbers, says nothing about how many of those players are Classic exclusive, and Classic released phase 4 in April and just resently released the AQ patch. Apart from pandemic restrictions loosening and people spending less time at home (and getting sick again), there's no reason to assume that Classic has a lower player count now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    You wanted Classic, you got Classic. Enjoy the Vanilla experience.
    No he didn't. Can people stop saying that? Realized that the people that wanted the classic experience back aren't the same people who jumped the bandwagon and now want to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Fucking this. I don’t understand why the classic neckbeard community is so against this.
    Because it wouldn't be Classic anymore, is that so hard to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I can only echo what other people have said.
    Whether Classic is bigger or not is one thing, but whipping out a statistic that suggest Retail has like 80M players or subscribers is flat out bogus.
    What do they mean "total" as in subscribed from the start? That makes sense, but why would classic have only 22mil then? Or do they mean the game currently has 80 million subs? Because that's bs. They're trying to say that the game has 7 times the subscriber count it did in Wrath? Why would there be a single "medium" server if that was the case? Why would they need to merge servers if that was the case, instead they'd have to create dozens more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Let's assume for a minute they are true.

Retail has like 2.31M Players and Classic has 1.52M.
    If we assume (for the sake of the argument) that there isn't a big overlap between Classic and Retail players (which probably exist), then about 40% of WoW Players are primarily playing Classic.

That is an argument to make Classic look bad?
    If that's true, then Classic alone has more people than FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    To be fair, they're addressing a long-standing problem that they've let stagnate for the better part of a couple years.
    Fair enough, altough i'd still argue that BfA has magnified this issue by a lot.
    Tbh, the game in general seems to be hardcore dying. Both Classic and retail are seeing dead servers more and more.
    Yeah, in Classic you also have the snowball effect on small servers that once people start transferring to other servers, which in turn makes people quit or transfer as well.
    Blizzard even said back in March that there wouldn't be a need for layering if people spread more evenly among servers.

The Network effect is the MMO's greatest friend and enemy, once your friends start playing, you'll also likely start playing, once you friends start quitting, you often quit as well.
    Retail is (ironically) probably less affected by that because it's far easier to find avenues that you can do solo than in Classic.

This is what one of the former nostalrius devs posted on his twatter
    https://twitter.com/NanoNost/status/1303392668765085697
    Haven't confirmed it yet but the hottest rumors for Classic WoW: Naxxramas release is planned for early December with a TBC Beta rolling out in March/April of 2021! Sooner than expected but we'll see!
    My understanding right now is they will move the current servers straigh to TBC then give an option to copy your current classic character onto a perma-vanilla server.
    He's pretty well connected with the Classic team to my knowledge, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's the content drought before a major expansion. The game seems much more active atm than it was at the end of WoD going into Legion.
    And there has still been zero change to the number of full/high pop servers on EU in the past month.

79 high pop Servers in one region is unheard of during a drought.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, the game in general seems to be hardcore dying. Both Classic and retail are seeing dead servers more and more.
    No, it is not. Can't speak for Classic, but Retail in EU alone has more full servers now during a drought than it had ever throughout Legion.

No doubt due to the pandemic.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-09-13 at 01:09 PM.

How do you quantify "most" and more importantly...how do you know what "most" people want?
    Because roughly 100% of the people I've played Classic with are either bored of it and quit already, or are eagerly waiting for TBC and arenas already. I don't think I've heard anyone outside of these forums say they would rather just keep playing Vanilla instead of moving on to the TBC Classic once it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Because roughly 100% of the people I've played Classic with are either bored of it and quit already, or are eagerly waiting for TBC and arenas already. I don't think I've heard anyone outside of these forums say they would rather just keep playing Vanilla instead of moving on to the TBC Classic once it arrives.
    We want tbc! we want tbc!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    What about you Jurwi gonna move to TBC when it comes?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And there has still been zero change to the number of full/high pop servers on EU in the past month.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is not. Can't speak for Classic, but Retail in EU alone has more full servers now during a drought than it had ever throughout Legion.

Have you actually done any scanning and calculations to determine actual numbers online? Or you just parroting what's written in server selection screen? Spreading propaganda in forums because you are hozed isn't good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Have you actually done any scanning and calculations to determine actual numbers online? Or you just parroting what's written in server selection screen? Spreading propaganda in forums because you are hozed isn't good idea.
    I don't know what being "hozed" means, but the server counts and tags are factual, not "propaganda". If your ego wants to believe that a High/Full server tag actually means "ded server hurr", that's on you.

And I don't give actual numbers on how many players there are, as we have no access to such data. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Did OS do anything to it? RS3 was and is going downhill a long time before OS. Retail wow is in a much better spot than that.
    Bfa would beg to differ. Shadowlands is going to have to be one of the best expacs ever to undo the damage bfa did

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    We want tbc! we want tbc!

- - - Updated - - -

What about you Jurwi gonna move to TBC when it comes?
    Of course, not much point staying in Vanilla once it hits. Already got my nostalgia trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough...it is still not "most" in an objective sense but just the people in your monkey sphere.....
    Yea, which basically consists of 100ish people who very eagerly waited for Vanilla and didn't really know each other before it either. It's actually fairly random sampling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Unreliable numbers, says nothing about how many of those players are Classic exclusive, and Classic released phase 4 in April and just resently released the AQ patch. Apart from pandemic restrictions loosening and people spending less time at home (and getting sick again), there's no reason to assume that Classic has a lower player count now.
    There's plenty reason to assume Classic has low player counts now but there's no point in going into them because Classic fans refuse to accept that Classic has lower numbers than retail.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

US servers are seeing more and more ghost towns for both retail and classic. But for Classic it's far more damaging because they already have a lower population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    This is a new ridiculous take I've seen. Claiming the status of retail servers saying Full is propaganda just to avoid admitting Classic only has a small handful of truly populated servers lol.

US servers are seeing more and more ghost towns for both retail and classic. But for Classic it's far more damaging because they already have a lower population.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh? It's really such a difference? o.O
    Then again, I've heard before that US WoW ain't as populated as the EU region to begin with. That sounds really awful for those still wanting to play the game though, on either version...

I don't know what being "hozed" means, but the server counts and tags are factual, not "propaganda". If your ego wants to believe that a High/Full server tag actually means "ded server hurr", that's on you.

And I don't give actual numbers on how many players there are, as we have no access to such data. Duh.
    I don't know what servers you're playing on but in OCE, the two main horde/alliance realms are absolutely packed

Oh? It's really such a difference? o.O
    Then again, I've heard before that US WoW ain't as populated as the EU region to begin with. That sounds really awful for those still wanting to play the game though, on either version...
    There's still a large list of full servers but they are definitely dying. WoW is a 15 year old game. BfA wasn't good and Shadowlands is looking to be taking all the worst aspects of BfA and WoD then smashing them together. SL might not completely kill the game but I can see it being the death knell.

There's plenty reason to assume Classic has low player counts now but there's no point in going into them because Classic fans refuse to accept that Classic has lower numbers than retail.
    Learn to read; there's no reason to assume that Classic has a lower player count now (clearly compared to April, and not compared to Retail).

Of course there's more people playing retail in general, but right now? Retail hasn't seen new content in almost a year and is at the end of a cycle, so player count will naturally be at its lowest for BfA.

Classic is getting "new" content added every third month. If the April numbers you quoted are even remotely accurate, then the respective numbers are probably really close to each other right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Learn to read; there's no reason to assume that Classic has a lower player count now (clearly compared to April, and not compared to Retail).

Of course there's more people playing retail in general, but right now? Retail hasn't seen new content in almost a year and is at the end of a cycle, so player count will naturally be at its lowest for BfA.

Classic is getting "new" content added every third month. If the April numbers you quoted are even remotely accurate, then the respective numbers are probably really close to each other right now.
    Once again, there is plenty reason. The servers right NOW are mostly barren spare a handful of them. There is absolutely nothing new in Classic either. People are literally replaying all the same shit that happened in Vanilla. At least retail introduces new stuff. Looking at the servers myself and seeing how much people complain about servers being empty on the official forums is all the reason I need to say Classic has nowhere near the numbers retail does

There's still a large list of full servers but they are definitely dying. WoW is a 15 year old game. BfA wasn't good and Shadowlands is looking to be taking all the worst aspects of BfA and WoD then smashing them together. SL might not completely kill the game but I can see it being the death knell.
    Meh, people said the same about WoD and Legion. And BfA was not WoD in terms of calamity.

It is a 16 year old game, that has had people doomspeak about it for at least 15 years of its life to no effect. I remember when MoP was the "final nail in the coffin"...