Poll: Are you going to main Horde or Alliance irrespective of alts?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are you going to be maining Alliance or Horde come Shadowlands?

Included a poll

i love the alliance with all my heart, but the faction imbalance is just too lopsided. Not one race on Horde speaks to me and i despise Org, but i love the game adn i'm going to go where the people are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde, as always. I think if people were going to ever switch factions based on gameplay, BfA would have been it, so I don't see the SL content providing any impetus to switch.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

All my friends are on Horde and I am an Alliance fanboy, so I will unfortunately have to switch to Horde.

I'll play both factions, but my raid group is Alliance, so I voted for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Broombot View Post
    i love the alliance with all my heart, but the faction imbalance is just too lopsided. Not one race on Horde speaks to me and i despise Org, but i love the game adn i'm going to go where the people are.
    Could not have said it better myself. Though what do yo mean "Not one race speaks to you?"

I personally just do not connect with any races besides the Elves. I enjoyed unlocking the Nightborne. I was so excited to be switching Horde but then I just felt so out of place. I've tried before going back to WTLK and it was hard. Luckily Dalaran was the main capital so I had my heartstone there. I despise Orgrimmar and I despised Atal'Dazalor or whatever the stupid Pyramid was. I hated it so much that I gave up at 120 cause I just hated navigating it. The Alliance had the War Table and all the NPCs, etc pretty close by. The turtle dude was half way down, the War Table was at the docks, it was a mess of a layout.

Where's the Both option!? There is no Or to me, it's all or nothing!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Might have to switch to Horde to play with friends. Blizzard really needs to do something about faction imbalance.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance, any chance of me going horde was lost when they became a fur friend council.

Alliance, as always.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Could not have said it better myself. Though what do yo mean "Not one race speaks to you?"

I personally just do not connect with any races besides the Elves. I enjoyed unlocking the Nightborne. I was so excited to be switching Horde but then I just felt so out of place. I've tried before going back to WTLK and it was hard. Luckily Dalaran was the main capital so I had my heartstone there. I despise Orgrimmar and I despised Atal'Dazalor or whatever the stupid Pyramid was. I hated it so much that I gave up at 120 cause I just hated navigating it. The Alliance had the War Table and all the NPCs, etc pretty close by. The turtle dude was half way down, the War Table was at the docks, it was a mess of a layout.
    So, quick story: I decided to level an Alliance character to Max, and I did, receiving the Double Agent achievement. But I couldn't continue on to get the Bfa achievement and mount, because...I can't kill Horde. I've been Horde since July 2006 (ironically, I started as Alliance for a week or two before trying Horde), and on the Alliance side, I can do most of the content with no issue, but I can't kill Horde, even if it is just NPC's. It feels traitorous and wrong...and I am not a big RP or Lore guy, more like a medium one.

So I don't know if you'd feel that way or not, but if you've played Alliance for a long time, it might feel really odd to just start killing alliance NPC's, or other players for that matter. And let's not stat with how many times I tried to go into the Horde area in Dalaran while leveling XD.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Wish to go Horde, but the people I play with are Alliance; and I wont play as mutch in SL due to RL so I cant even imagine getting to know a new group of people

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I'll play both factions, but my raid group is Alliance, so I voted for that one.

I said which specific faction. I purposely left out both. You have to have a main. Even if you play both, there has to be one faction that is your main.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    So, quick story: I decided to level an Alliance character to Max, and I did, receiving the Double Agent achievement. But I couldn't continue on to get the Bfa achievement and mount, because...I can't kill Horde. I've been Horde since July 2006 (ironically, I started as Alliance for a week or two before trying Horde), and on the Alliance side, I can do most of the content with no issue, but I can't kill Horde, even if it is just NPC's. It feels traitorous and wrong...and I am not a big RP or Lore guy, more like a medium one.

So I don't know if you'd feel that way or not, but if you've played Alliance for a long time, it might feel really odd to just start killing alliance NPC's, or other players for that matter. And let's not stat with how many times I tried to go into the Horde area in Dalaran while leveling XD.
    I actually PVP specifically on the Horde. I love killing Alliance in BGs but for PVE, I am not attached to any one race. Like I cannot do quests, enjoy the cities, relate to any faction leader, etc. Not a fan of Orcish culture due to Lord of the Rings and that I've always seen Orcs as the bad guys.

Thankfully the Horde. Echoing others, I tend to follow my group of friends and they happen to be Horde this expansion. Wish they weren't so indecisive, costs me a fortune! I'd happily main Horde forever, though it's nice to be Alliance every now and then.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both then I'll decide later which one I want to actually gear up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Alliance. Always.

I played vanilla and TBC as Horde, but then moved to alliance the first day of Wotlk.
    I had some attempts to play Horde but the story went to shit after WoTLK when the Horde became bad guys, and I don't play villains in video games, so I never felt comfortable on Horde after that.

Horde, always.

I play on both factions, but Horde is home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you go Troll, you never reroll.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post

I feel exactly the same. I started play as alliance for 10 years but I have both faction characters for PVE content. But in BGs I can't pvp with Horde side also even when I play Horde and win a BG with the Horde victory song my first thought is we lost.

I want nothing more than to play my Nelf druid and just look pretty while shifting in and out of mage tower skins all day long, but I can't justify going alliance. My guild is horde, the dominant PvP faction is horde, world PvP favors horde, all PvP and PvE pugging is more active for horde, and the game just feels more alive as horde.