Poll: Are you going to main Horde or Alliance irrespective of alts?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Alliance, because who wants to join a bunch of genocidal chickens who don't even have the guts to own their horrific deeds an come judgement day all go pussy and scapegoat their leader.

I hate Anduin and I dutyfully go to the throne room and /spit on him everytime I pass by Stormwind. As a die hard nelf fan, I don't see that the Alliance is much worth to the nelves.

Alliance is the lesser of two evils. And the music is better, so are their main cities, artistically speaking.

Played Alliance in BFA, but going Horde in SL.

Many of the people that I've got to know in the game over the years switched to Horde in the last couple of expansions and now my guild is finally going Horde for the recruitment pool. It's only natural if I do too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll do both, but Alliance mainly. I'm way too attached to my character's style as a Night Elf to go Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will main both like all previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be horde as my friends play horde still and I’ve been it since vanilla more than alliance. That said, I don’t like Horde anymore. It doesn’t feel like it used to. I think that’s why I had such fun in classic as horde again because it was the true horde.

I couldn’t stand when they added blood elves but I grew to accept them. Then they added so many other races that I just didn’t like the aesthetic of, but BFA giving Vulpera is the straw that broke the camels back for me. Cutesie races for furries does not match the vision the horde once had. I’d have been much more interested in Vulpera if they were like ugly rat like creatures instead of cutesie foxes. But it is what it is.

The one thing about still being horde though is being able to be the master race. Orc trumps all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swapped faction at the end of Legion to Horde, definitely staying Horde. It got nothing to do with aesthetics, or lore here, it's about the faction imbalance. Horde is the dominant faction in everything, by a huge margin.

Would love to play alliance... just appeals more to me.

But after the big raiding guild exodus to horde everyone i know is now on horde... so horde it is

I'm with Jaina, Genn, Turalyon, Anduin, Tyrande, Malf, Velen.

Alliance 4eva’n’alwayz.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I want nothing more than to play my Nelf druid and just look pretty while shifting in and out of mage tower skins all day long, but I can't justify going alliance. My guild is horde, the dominant PvP faction is horde, world PvP favors horde, all PvP and PvE pugging is more active for horde, and the game just feels more alive as horde.
    That depends entirely on the server. If you play on a big and Horde dominated server, of course it will feel that way. Just as it does if you move to a big and Alliance dominated server.

Also how exactly is wpvp fun when you only meet your own faction and you have like 3 hordes chasing down every Alliance?

Wpvp is only fun if you play the underdog faction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    That depends entirely on the server. If you play on a big and Horde dominated server, of course it will feel that way. Just as it does if you move to a big and Alliance dominated server.

Also how exactly is wpvp fun when you only meet your own faction and you have like 3 hordes chasing down every Alliance?

Wpvp is only fun if you play the underdog faction.
    I don't need to move to a big alliance server to know that you are wrong, I spent quite a few months this expansion on one of the most populated alliance servers. Maybe you have not played on both sides to see the difference. And this is just regarding the "feeling alive" part.

Of course, the group finder is far more active on the horde side; it's much easier finding RBG, arena and m+ groups. I don't know how you came to think that this depends on server.

Also, great to know that you think the only way to have fun in world pvp is being outnumbered. Deep stuff.

Alliance! Yea, many, TOO many EU players are going horde... but I won't jump on that hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Might have to switch to Horde to play with friends. Blizzard really needs to do something about faction imbalance.
    There's nothing they can do save make alliance outperform Horde severly which will result in all the top guilds swapping and the imbalance going the oher way.

Alliance, horde got shafted in character updates alliance got bookoos of hairstyles and horde got like nothing. I'd rather take 22mins to find a group and be on something that is aesthetically more appealing than find a group in 20mins.

3+ Year Old Account
    Alliance. I'll neglect my horde alt in Shadowlands I think.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Horde, transfered already; not really a fan of blackwashing all of the EXISTING guards in Stormwind

I'm interested to see if Turalyon's new position sparks controversy in Alliance's inner politics, so I'll probably put more hours into my Alliance alt this time around. But I've been with the Horde most of my Warcraft existence, so that's the side I'll mostly be while Venthyring around Shadowlands.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

There is only one reason why I would switch to Horde: if Blizzard actually finishes the female Nightborne and male Zandalari models.

And for all you, low standards, half-blind, not-give-a-shit people, these models are finished perhaps 75%. Their running animations are robotic and unfluid, their body textures are low res, their hair is bugged (bald head under the hair, as if it's a hat) and have very few hair options.

So yeah, when Blizzard actually get off their lazy asses and finish these models (Nightborne haven't been finished since Legion), THEN I will consider rerolling to Horde.

Wait, there's a difference between them?

I play both factions but main Alliance. I don't do progressive raiding anymore so my "endgame" is basically Mythic+ with friends I've been gaming with for over a decade. If I didn't have such close friends to game with, and assuming I wanted to engage in progressive raiding, I'd probably swap to Horde.