Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We've all read and speculated over it but nowhere does it mention Denathrius. He has plenty of connections to the Nathrezim, most notably being the book and it's location being the Tower of the Unseen Guests, but none of that "confirms" he made the Dreadlords. There's a bigger chance he was the first Dreadlord to die rather than being their creator.
    I mean I agree but his name is lord of Dread and his castle is Nathria (very god damn close to Nathrezims don't you think?)

My question is why did Blizz go through the effort of hiding his identity in the cinematics? I thought we were supposed to know who it was.

Again, speculation. But now it's either Zovaal or Denathrius? I thought it was "confirmed" to be Denathrius. It can't be both "confirmed" and be possibly 2 different characters.
    I mean there is clearly some kind of direct connection based on appearance alone, things are not done for no reason when it comes to visual ques in a story driven game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    But you have literally nothing to prove this. So, yes, it is baseless. Why would Sargeras care about the Pantheon of Death? Why would he conspire against Zovaal? Why would he give a fuck?
    For a dude that wanted to kill the entire universe because he feared a Void Titan it does make sense to investigate his connection to the realm of Death. Sargeras was handing all his victims over to the Jailer, so he was kinda doing his work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Sargeras was handing all his victims over to the Jailer, so he was kinda doing his work for him.
    Not really since it's very hard for a soul to get judge to go to the Maw, and the only other way we know is failing redemption in Revendreth. The only time Sargeras' crusade would help the Jailer indirectly is during Legion, when the Machine of Death broke. Most souls before then would just go to any other realm but the Maw.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Not really since it's very hard for a soul to get judge to go to the Maw, and the only other way we know is failing redemption in Revendreth. The only time Sargeras' crusade would help the Jailer indirectly is during Legion, when the Machine of Death broke. Most souls before then would just go to any other realm but the Maw.
    Also let's not forget the legion uses souls to power it's machines and fel magic tends to destroy souls.

The other Eternal Ones sealed him in the Maw, nothing to do with Sargeras.
    To be clear though, the jailer is NOT an Eternal One. https://www.wowhead.com/news=317815/...-on-the-jailer - It makes it clear from the words of the Primus that the Eternal One's were above the covenant leads that we're interacting with.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Also let's not forget the legion uses souls to power it's machines and fel magic tends to destroy souls.
    Yep very good point. I like how "Anima" in Shadowlands isn't even a retcon since Souls have always been used as a powersource.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    To be clear though, the jailer is NOT an Eternal One. https://www.wowhead.com/news=317815/...-on-the-jailer - It makes it clear from the words of the Primus that the Eternal One's were above the covenant leads that we're interacting with.
    the Eternal Ones punished our brother Zovaal
    I feel like this is meant to show that he was once part of the Eternal Ones but was banished.

Yep very good point. I like how "Anima" in Shadowlands isn't even a retcon since Souls have always been used as a powersource.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this is meant to show that he was once part of the Eternal Ones but was banished.
    I don't think so, it's open to interpretation, but personally the way I read it is The Primus, The Winter Queen, Sire Denathrius, and uh...Kyrian person were all buddied up with the Jailer, similar to the pantheon of the titans, and then the Eternal Ones were above them, created the shadowlands realms, and Oribos, and likely the arbiter too. I think it's mentioned a few times while questing too, but I can't remember directly and can't check for sources at the moment.

I don't think so, it's open to interpretation, but personally the way I read it is The Primus, The Winter Queen, Sire Denathrius, and uh...Kyrian person were all buddied up with the Jailer, similar to the pantheon of the titans, and then the Eternal Ones were above them, created the shadowlands realms, and Oribos, and likely the arbiter too. I think it's mentioned a few times while questing too, but I can't remember directly and can't check for sources at the moment.
    You're confusing the Eternal Ones with the First Ones, I know it's confusing.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/First_Ones

You're confusing the Eternal Ones with the First Ones, I know it's confusing.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/First_Ones
    Ah true, but it still reads as The Primus and Jailer being equals, and The Primus doesn't refer to himself as an eternal one, or even say the OTHER Eternal One's. I don't believe he's one.

Ah true, but it still reads as The Primus and Jailer being equals, and The Primus doesn't refer to himself as an eternal one, or even say the OTHER Eternal One's. I don't believe he's one.
    There is but one hope to save the Shadowlands. The Eternal Ones must stand together once more, before the Jailer escapes the Maw.
    Bring my warning to the Archon, the Winter Queen, and the Sire. They must see to our defenses. Do not let Zovaal reach the sepulcher.
    Why say "The Eternal ones must stand together once more" then speak of the other Covenant leaders?
    In Denathrius' raid journal it says:
    For countless ages, Sire Denathrius stood among the Eternal Ones who rule the realms of Death. But in the Shadowlands' darkest hour, he has betrayed his sacred duty. With his bloodthirsty living blade Remornia at his side and defended by his most sychophantic loyalists, Denathrius will cut a swath through any who stand against him and cast their remains into the inescapable terror of the Maw.
    Only the Pantheon of Death rules the realm of Death.

I'm guessing there will be a cinematic about when Sylvanas first met the Jailer after the end of WOTLK. They already have a CGI model for Sylvanas, so that saves time.
    Last edited by Snorri; 2020-09-16 at 04:05 PM.

that contraption on his chest looks kind of sci fi
    i wonder if we will get the backstory of the giant hole in his chest

Why say "The Eternal ones must stand together once more" then speak of the other Covenant leaders?
    In Denathrius' raid journal it says:

Only the Pantheon of Death rules the realm of Death.
    Good point, and It definitely could be the case. I personally think we'll see something different, you can stand among kings and still be a servant. There's a lot we don't know, but I doubt things are that straight forward. They still answer to SOMETHING.

Good point, and It definitely could be the case. I personally think we'll see something different, you can stand among kings and still be a servant. There's a lot we don't know, but I doubt things are that straight forward. They still answer to SOMETHING.
    The "something else" are the First Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    that contraption on his chest looks kind of sci fi
    i wonder if we will get the backstory of the giant hole in his chest
    The hole in his chest is really triggering my trypophobia. Even though it's a single big hole and not a pattern of small ones.

He is way uglier then I thought his in-game model suggested.

Hope the cinematic is like the story of the Arbiter and jailer being told like a fairy tale!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The hole in his chest is really triggering my trypophobia. Even though it's a single big hole and not a pattern of small ones.
    Til there's a phobia of that

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    He is way uglier then I thought his in-game model suggested.

Hope the cinematic is like the story of the Arbiter and jailer being told like a fairy tale!

- - - Updated - - -

Til there's a phobia of that
    There's a phobia for everything these days, lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    There's a phobia for everything these days, lmfao.
    Makes sense, people can have a phobia of anything.

Just sort of a surprised it has its own word is all.