Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Why WoW? In 2020...

There are so many good alternatives out there. For example, Final Fantasy XIV has better story and class design, and Guild wars 2 has better Open World and leveling. Why stick to WoW in 2020? Is it because you already invested time into it? If so, then I assume you didn't play Classic, as you would have to start over there. All WoW it has going for it are the raids, yet people QQed that WoD was raid or die. Why WoW?

No other game has the raiding or mythic+ of wow.

FFXIV has decent raiding, but its so small in scale (plus the gear is very one dimensional), and I don't know of any game that has M+

How is the pvp of those games, and gearing for pvp. I would be interested in switching games if it's good.

ff feels clunky and the raids are a joke,guild wars is better as a solo game than an mmo,nothing comes close to wow....and i tried them all,i rly did,i rly hoped eso would do it for me but it didnt

For me FFXIV is a cheap chinese thing, I would play a million other mmo's other than ffxiv. Hate every single aspect of it from art to gameplay to mechanics.

Why do people still play games from 15 or more years ago, because they find enjoyment in it. Whether its exploration, role playing, questing, collecting, the game offers many options. As for there being "better" alternatives, that is up to each individual player, a better question is why do you care what others enjoy, its okay to move on if you don't care for it anymore.

1. Invested
    2. Tried some others, they are all pretty garbage compared.
    3. FF14 wouldn't install, so I can't even try it.
    4. Finally found some people that are worth spending my time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because it's the best MMO that's why
    You didn't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    For me FFXIV is a cheap chinese thing, I would play a million other mmo's other than ffxiv. Hate every single aspect of it from art to gameplay to mechanics.
    I am with you here all the way its the exact same thing with BDO.

I have tried every MMO that has come out and WOW still has them all Beat. The only one that ever came close for me was The Secret World, and SWTOR to an extent, but both were basically given up on by developers.

If you gold farm a little bit in WoW, the game is free and you can even use the gold to buy future xpacs. You can even use the gold to buy all Blizzard games. Can't beat free.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Because it's still the best, your listed alternatives are only good in certain regards, WoW has it all. Not to mention that the certain things about games like FF14, like the art style and the theme of it, do not appeal to everyone for obvious reasons. Even at it's worst, WoW is still miles ahead of any of it's competitors - I'd rather not play anything at all than play BDO, GW2 or FF14 as seriously as WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite the irony that you say there are better games and then follow up with 'like ff14 or gw2'.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds wars 2 and swtor should probably be single player at this point

Final fantasy feels like an unresponsive mess.

Wow still manages to beat every other mmo in pretty much every area (as well as a constant stream of content)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    How is the pvp of those games, and gearing for pvp. I would be interested in switching games if it's good.
    None of them have good PvP, PvP is so bad in FF14 it's literally a meme in the community. GW2 is decent but WoW still comes out on top because of much smoother gameplay and combat.

FF14 literally looks and feels like every single other eastern MMO there is.
    Give it 5 years and shit will look worse than a mobile MMO.

WoW has its charm and an actual appeal to people who are not socializing on anime 24/7 in their free time.

better TO YOU.

I find final fantasy to be utterly shit. The classes are so incredibly slow and global cooldown is laughable at best. Story is so boring that i actually paid money to skip it, Thats how good i though that story was.

Guild wars 2 is a dead game with a really really terrible pve.

Wow has by far the best dungeon and raid gameplay and i enjoy wows leveling and character progression over any other game out there.

Wow is by far the most popular mmo out there and it has been for 15 years.

3+ Year Old Account
    a mmo without open world pvp doesn't exist as far as i'm concerned

7+ Year Old Account
    the problem is no other game had attach me the way the horde and their races did, i love monsters being playable not being villains (even if blizzard is trying to change that later)

ESO almost tried, but their factions and races didn't grab me in an emotional leve, they ar more or less pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you gold farm a little bit in WoW, the game is free and you can even use the gold to buy future xpacs. You can even use the gold to buy all Blizzard games. Can't beat free.
    fun > free
    any day of the week

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    There are so many good alternatives out there. For example, Final Fantasy XIV has better story and class design, and Guild wars 2 has better Open World and leveling. Why stick to WoW in 2020? Is it because you already invested time into it? If so, then I assume you didn't play Classic, as you would have to start over there. All WoW it has going for it are the raids, yet people QQed that WoD was raid or die. Why WoW?
    Why play league of legends when Smite, dota 2, hots, and many others exist?
    Why play hearthstone when magic the gathering, yu-gi-oh and pokemon exist?
    Why play any video game when any other video game exists.

idk if you know

but there isnt/shouldnt be only 1 game in each genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content