Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope Blizzard is gonna give those who immediately ran to the forums to cry about titanforging as soon as their guildmate got a forged item a really, really hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Weekly Vault has a chance of having double loot.
    No it doesn't, they already adressed that they have fixed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanFiles View Post
    With all due respect... that makes no sense...

With less RNG (like TF, corruptions or what have you) this means it will be easier to target that specific piece of loot that you want, and once you get it... that's it! No need to roll to maybe get it this time titanforged, or with the corruption u want, etc! The loot will be more straight in SL so there is less need of a failsafe mechanic (aka bonus roll).

Let me put it this other way: There was no such thing as bonus roll in wow untill 4 expansions later! Bonus roll was first introduced in Pandaria... in 2012! And noone complained!

I think this is a good change. So long they don't re-introduce random systems like ttf, and there's less rng and a more straight pool of loot, the bonus rolls should NOT be needed.
    How tf do you "target" loot with PL.
    PL is the issue and a treadmill to keep people paying.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    I hope Blizzard is gonna give those who immediately ran to the forums to cry about titanforging as soon as their guildmate got a forged item a really, really hard time.
    Weekly vault is fantastic though..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    How tf do you "target" loot with PL.
    PL is the issue and a treadmill to keep people paying.
    Same for you.

i am totally fine with all that changes. could make wow great again. but i think all the ppl started Mid-WoD/Legion or higher, will have a hard time.

Rarer loot is welcome but i dont like the fact that (again) an m+15 dungeon rewards the same gear as playing above 2,4k on pvp. you really cant compare those things. make it m18 or m20 so its more balanced.

and i know that running +15 is harder at the start of a patch but ppl will do +15 very soon and get the best gear for like nothing while pvp'ers have to be like top 5000 to earn that..

Edit: btw i like alot of the new gear changes, i dont need 191251 epics at once where 99% from are shit so the vault only giving you 1 item per week but with more options if you do more is very cool! also like the changes to m+ only rewarding one item, its just fair when its the only content where you can spam content and target the things you want.
    Last edited by crazyswayzee; 2020-09-23 at 05:24 AM.

This is the best change i have seen so far, removal of bonus loot, woohoooo

Wow there are small brains on here. Blizzard takes more away from you and you are happy with it again.. they could piss in your cornflakes and you call it milk.

This seems like a really good change. It's steering the game back on track to be an RPG, not an ARPG.

So Blizzard is telling people who don't raid super often to go fuck themselves by removing bonus rolls. Shadowlands more and more looks like an absolute shit expansion.
    Are you implying this change hurts non-raiders more than it does raiders?
    Outside of raids the rolls could only be applied to grindable, suboptimal ilvl drops...

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They really are running out of ideas to keep the carrot on the stick, aren't they?!

I'm getting sick of Blizzard listening to the fucking loud minority. Raiders constantly push for non-hardcore players to not get access to rewards anywhere near as good as the higher difficulties of raiding. This is just the beginning and if they keep going down this path then WoW is actually going to die.
    Here's the thing about wow, every section of the community is a damn minority. Get 100 wow fans in a room you'll get no consensus on how to make the game, it's more likely you'll have the 100 people chosen at random and have 200 contradicting ideas that can't exist in the same game. Than you would any of them agreeing on anything.

The incapability of some people to realize the simple reality that the offered choice leads to faster gearing is telling of how high the "community opinion" should be valued.

The reduction of RNG rewards is the best thing that happened to the game the past two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Wow there are small brains on here. Blizzard takes more away from you and you are happy with it again.. they could piss in your cornflakes and you call it milk.
    Blizzard replaces one thing with another and some people are happy, while others are not. This is how the game has worked for a long time. Is one guaranteed piece of gear chosen from among up to nine pieces more valuable than a percentage chance of gear from a specified loot table? It really depends on the player. For those doing PvP and Mythic+, downsizing to one chest with more options instead of two random chests is probably less valuable. For those who only raided, this is probably better (choice of three randomly selected pieces instead of two chances for specific tables).

Ultimately I found the bonus roll annoying (I will not miss that pop-up after every kill/run), with personal loot being far easier for targeting gear (Fellow player doesn't need anything from that boss? Have them change their spec to fish for the item you want. You don't want anything from the boss after? Fish for an item useful for someone else.). That's not changing. The selection of loot from some pre-generated choices may or may not be better, but I'm going to give it a chance before I accuse everyone else of having "small brains."

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You keep saying 15s are easy in pretty much every m+ thread, doesn't get more true the more often you do though.

15s are easy for you. Timing all 15s even now at the end of corruption tier means you are in the top 10% of mythic+ players, heroic raids are easier.
    You're right. It doesn't get more true the more often I say it because it was already 100% true the first time. But people like to live in their small comfortable bubbles of disillusion instead of realizing the truth.

Since Legion, player are feeling more and more entitled to the best gear in the game without having to put in any significant effort. And this is Blizzards fault because of all their welfare gear. Players are going to get 226 gear from +14s in SL which is more than enough. Players should be doing +20 keys to get 226 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Which is why you can earn a single 226 item/week from dungeons, but have a chance at as many as 10 from M raids in the long term, not counting trades, and raids also gives you 233 items from two bosses and their own free 226 from cache as well. Mythic raids will absolutely be the best path to the best gear in the game in Shadowlands and it's not even close.
    +14 dungeons shouldn't even be able to give 226. Even if it's only one item per week it is still one item too much. The cap should be increased to +20.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Alright everyone, who's ready for another ride on the carousel of WoW players contradicting themselves?
    2 completly different groups of players.

SL is catering only to 1 group now - people who log in for raid and log out after.

amazing gaming experience if you can play 3-6 hours a week and then have literaly nothing to do in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i am totally fine with all that changes. could make wow great again. but i think all the ppl started Mid-WoD/Legion or higher, will have a hard time.
    nah - those people will simply stop playing due to game being boring.

i personaly dont care - with this i can nicely focus on farming MoP-Legion raids for transmogs , finally finishing balance of power transmogs and legion class hsll mounts. because endgame is pointless for casual players now . gg blizzard

i will though laugh sooo hard when in 2 months forums are filled with "i have nothing to do in game " threads

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

SL is catering only to 1 group now - people who log in for raid and log out after.

amazing gaming experience if you can play 3-6 hours a week and then have literaly nothing to do in game.

- - - Updated - - -

nah - those people will simply stop playing due to game being boring.

i personaly dont care - with this i can nicely focus on farming MoP-Legion raids for transmogs , finally finishing balance of power transmogs and legion class hsll mounts. because endgame is pointless for casual players now . gg blizzard

i will though laugh sooo hard when in 2 months forums are filled with "i have nothing to do in game " threads
    It’s a pretty easy argument to say SL is demanding much more from the top end since to really widen your choices and get upgrades you are “encouraged” to do 10 mythic+ dungeons per week up from 1.

And considering the raid loot tables in terms of secondary stat options are...limited to say the least most BiS lists will be filled with 226 mythic+ gear.

For example if you’re a shaman (mail) the raid only has 1 secondary stat combo for head, shoulders, chest, wrist, and boots.

Better hope it’s the perfect combo!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Shit, I've been raiding since vanilla and I have always done random other things when I am not raiding. If all you like to do is raid, then that's on you. You could level a new character, pvp, xmog (like you said), the not-so-pokemon game, run M+ for (here's an absurd thought) fun! People act like they are all in the top 5% of the player base that this actually has an affect on. This will only affect mythict raiders and top ranked PVPers item level wise.

Hell, I play Overwatch with some of my friends because they like it. I'm probably the worst FPS player in history, deservedly bottom 500 in competitive, because I have and always will blow at fps type games. Why do I do it then? Because it is still fun playing games with my friends.
    Last edited by Subrias; 2020-09-23 at 06:49 AM.